2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I was looking for a copy of Hyrule Warriors. Fingers crossed it arrives complete.

EDIT* Just got this when I went to the site.

EMPLOYEE CREDENTIALS VALIDATED Congratulations! Your employee credentials were successfully validated.

I guess I work for GS now. Would you guys like to pre-order anything or renew your PUR?
I came here to post that the same thing happened to me. Did you add anything to cart to see if you got some kind of discount?

Cool thanks, have not spent $300 this month. Not that it matters, but do you happen to know when this started.
It’s been awhile, looks like 3 weeks left to earn with the deal. Online it says coupon is good till end of the year.

Spend $300 on qualifying offers, Get $30 Game Coin "PowerUp members get $30 Game Coin when you spend $300 in qualifying purchases between 9/13/20 – 11/22/20. $300 spend is NET any discount applied to transactions. Not valid on POSA, Gift Cards and New Hardware Purchases (pre-owned HW is eligible).

I came here to post that the same thing happened to me. Did you add anything to cart to see if you got some kind of discount?
I added tried a few things (used PS4 game, new copy of Madden 21 on PS4, and preorder copy of Cyberpunk on X1), but didn't see any discount or benefit.

How are you guys ignoring my brilliant idea? Seems like a win win for workers and customers. Have the inventory available on the GameStop app when you are on the store WiFi.
You do realize the stores run on like the lowest level DSL and don't have public Wi-Fi currently don't you? Not saying it's a bad idea, but it's going to take a hell of a MS tech infusion to get stores to that level of usability.

The current POS system is just a shell program built on top of their Software Etc/Funcoland database from the 90's. If you find an employee that knows how to print a store's stock for you, that's what they're printing from.

The manager can look it up but they usually don't. They can see the survey. The DMs handle bad surverys. You should get a call from the DM about that because that's not cool at all. I'd be pissed off.
Yeah I was pissed off, and it's the second time she's done it. I called up and they gave me $5 in points and just told me to watch her transactions next time I go there.
Also did anybody notice that the game coin offer has changed.
"PowerUp Rewards Members who purchase Watch Dogs Legion at GameStop are eligible for Up to $10 Game Coin!
Pro members get $10 Game Coin, Players $5 Game Coin when they pick up the game by 11/4/20."

Some values are lower in the app search engine than they are in my saved trades column.  This makes me think there may be a stealth dump for those games coming soon.   Sometimes the app will "preview" upcoming changes in values. 

Dropped by a mostly transformed store this afternoon... it looks bleak. No actual game carts/art = bland game covers on both sides and no idea what is actually in stock. Seems like a lot of open space with a ton of crap jam packed into the minimal available shelf space. Nintendo in the back of the store now with PC gaming stuff taking a good chunk of the middle. Did see a ton of restocked plushies in for anyone looking for those. :shock:

stealth dump
That's what I call a delivered load and the wipe comes up clean.

Some values are lower in the app search engine than they are in my saved trades column. This makes me think there may be a stealth dump for those games coming soon. Sometimes the app will "preview" upcoming changes in values.
My saved trades, on website and in app, always show the Pro Cash value even though it says Trade Value.

Any games you noticed in particular that we can check btw?

As long as watch dogs does not go under 29.99?

I believe so. Went through a bunch of trial and error at several stores. It’s possible/likely the $30 coin for spending $300 kicks out the promo for buy new, get preowned 30%. At the first store, I used $5 monthly and $5 renewal coupon getting watch dogs for 49.99 along with a 30% off switch game.

When I traded towards my paid off preorder, I received 20% bump but adding a preowned game took away that bump. At one store, I was able to put money toward an existing preorder and it got the bump with my purchase (watch dogs and switch game), but at another store I wasn’t able to replicate it.

G2l trades didn’t affect the promo. I realize I lost 20% bump picking up pikmin and a preowned game while doing G2l.

Lastly, trading while just picking up a paid off preorder kept the 20%.

Some values are lower in the app search engine than they are in my saved trades column. This makes me think there may be a stealth dump for those games coming soon. Sometimes the app will "preview" upcoming changes in values.
It seems like the (old) app is pulling from a different database. I don’t trust either the saved trade values or search values, not when there are discrepancies with the website values.

Dropped by a mostly transformed store this afternoon... it looks bleak. No actual game carts/art = bland game covers on both sides and no idea what is actually in stock. Seems like a lot of open space with a ton of crap jam packed into the minimal available shelf space. Nintendo in the back of the store now with PC gaming stuff taking a good chunk of the middle. Did see a ton of restocked plushies in for anyone looking for those. :shock:

That's what I call a delivered load and the wipe comes up clean.

The phantom poop.
What's the expiration date?
11/1

Something wierd happened at GS

Me: I would like to trade in watchdogs and I have the G2L code.

Associate: cool, proceeds and asked me if I would like cash.

Me: yes, that will be great.

Associate: Here you go $65.xx in cash.

Processed as a return but I'll take it since I used a bunch of certificates.

Something wierd happened at GS

Me: I would like to trade in watchdogs and I have the G2L code.

Associate: cool, proceeds and asked me if I would like cash.

Me: yes, that will be great.

Associate: Here you go $65.xx in cash.

Processed as a return but I'll take it since I used a bunch of certificates.
You probably wont be getting the game coin...

Gonna have to call and plead my case for the watch dogs gamecoin next week...had a fully paid off preorder, come to find out they put it on the digital download and not the disc game so I had to cancel the preorder and buy the game...they should see that if they look so hopefully they’ll give it to me

But now debating the G2L trade...since I already have to plead my case I’m wondering if there’s a trade on my account if it would make it less likely they’d give it to me...

for G2L, do you have to be a pro member? Could I just do the G2L trade and not give them my phone number?

All the last few weeks or so "Awaiting Product Availability" items got swapped to "preparing for shipment" - looks like maybe in-store stock checking functionality has returned as well.  :applause:

Probably related to them finally figuring out how to hide the BOPIS option for daily deals. When I'm signed in, the only option is ship to home. When I'm a guest, it shows 3 copies of Spider-Man at my store.

[snip] Did see a ton of restocked plushies in for anyone looking for those. :shock:
:whee:

(j/k)

Went to the two closest stores--one yesterday, one today. The one yesterday had cleared out all the current-gen stock and had one sad rack of last-gen stock out for browsing. Asked the associate about the changes, and he said that they had removed the current-gen in order to set up some space for the new consoles...but he said that once that was done, that the games (which will now become last-gen) would go back out on the shelves. Not sure if that's what's going to happen, but I can hope (I won't be getting the new consoles for a couple years at least).

I ended up finding Blur with an original 360 case but generic artwork. I had the copy of the game I bought during the sales a few months ago but with a generic case, so I exchanged cases. It came in handy today actually--since the one today had Jurassic the Hunted with a generic case but with original artwork. I had the copy I bought a few months ago with me, generic case and generic artwork, so I traded just the generic artwork for the original artwork. So now I have Jurassic the Hunted with an original case and original artwork (and I'll give the associate a good review). No manual, but still a productive trip. Regarding the sales floor, the store today still had the current-gen games out, but were beginning to put out the 'Top 100' (or whatever the number will be) cases. Winter is Coming... :oldman:

I ended up using my renewal coupon code on a clearance T-shirt, and my monthly cert on a PSN $10 card.

I *did* notice they left the t-shirts, gifts, plushies, and accessories out. So there's that. There were some interesting collector's boxes on clearance--Zelda Link's Awakening and Ghostbusters 35th Anniversary, both of which seem to be in stock online as well (in-store will be YMMV of course). Heads up for fans of those franchises, especially if you can use certs or game coin on them.

Guys I had the same issue and had to escalate it. It turns out the "waiting availability" limbo is because when the order was placed they set order fulfillment to the stores. So no stores are sending it out and it goes in limbo even though the website has it. You have to call them and explain the issue. They will see it's available online and escalate it. I did this and both of my limbo games shipped within 24 hours. Hope this helps everyone.

EDIT: Don't use chat. They're as useless as a third nipple. Call in.
Yep me too. I emailed CS after I posted here and looks like they pulled through. Just have to keep sending them messages until you get somebody helpful.

I have a theory that they screwed up the stealth bump and dropped a lot of the values instead of raising them. Games that I was going to trade that was listed on the MWT search results actually dropped to $10 instead of going up. These were titles that previously had a base around $15-19 are now $10 base. It just seems odd that so many titles that were on the MWT dropped to the same uniform base value instead of raising them or just leaving them alone.

I have a theory that they screwed up the stealth bump and dropped a lot of the values instead of raising them. Games that I was going to trade that was listed on the MWT search results actually dropped to $10 instead of going up. These were titles that previously had a base around $15-19 are now $10 base. It just seems odd that so many titles that were on the MWT dropped to the same uniform base value instead of raising them or just leaving them alone.
I saw a lot of games trade values actually drop twice this past Sunday. So even with a trade bump, most values will just get back to normal value unless the bump restores to original higher value.

GTA V on XB1 for example went from 10 to 7 to 5 on Sunday. First time I am aware that they've dropped values twice in a day.

Watch the trade bump will be Sunday/Monday only because they don't want to lose money via B3G2 free. New ad on Sunday without that promo and values normalize.

Question for you guys on in store pick refunds: if an online order for in store pick up cannot get picked up (because they can't find it), what's the best way to get my money back? 

Something I ordered online for in store pick up (before the system went down) could not be found in store when I went and they told me it would auto-cancel/refund after the 7 days. It's been LONG past 7 days (I think closer to 22) but still no refund and my order status still shows ready for pick up. 

Is this is a store issue or something I should call the CS line? 

FYI - looks like store locator/in store stock check is working again online. Who knows how long it'll last this time? Make a note of what's in stock at your local stores go go go

Anybody get their $10 cert yet for spending $60 during pro days? I called on Wednesday and they told me I should get it by the end of the month. I guess makes sense since it's supposed to be valid beginning 11/1.

Anybody get their $10 cert yet for spending $60 during pro days? I called on Wednesday and they told me I should get it by the end of the month. I guess makes sense since it's supposed to be valid beginning 11/1.
Check your email spam folder. I usually get GameStop emails, but for some reason just that one was in the junk folder. Would be funny if they somehow arranged that intentionally, there are keywords you can blind cc to make normal appearing messages do that. I know that’s not the case at all, just a joke, but so odd I happened to find it there while I get the daily spam emails no problem. Also, if we are talking about the same cert, it expires 11/1, that’s not the start date.

Check your email spam folder. I usually get GameStop emails, but for some reason just that one was in the junk folder. Would be funny if they somehow arranged that intentionally, there are keywords you can blind cc to make normal appearing messages do that. I know that’s not the case at all, just a joke, but so odd I happened to find it there while I get the daily spam emails no problem. Also, if we are talking about the same cert, it expires 11/1, that’s not the start date.
Wow. Thanks for pointing this one out. Of course this expires tonight for me...I only wish I had found it when it was taking 10 off every item.

I don't think we're talking about the same cert. Maybe your referring to the $10 cert for spending $75 during the 1up sale which was right before the pro days sale?

Do the monthly pro certificates still work twice? Would it only be visible in the computer at a store after the first use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back