2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we're talking about the same cert. Maybe your referring to the $10 cert for spending $75 during the 1up sale which was right before the pro days sale?
Ok, yeah, the 1up one I guess. I just happened to find it last night in spam. I knew I should be getting another for the spend $60 as well, but couldn’t remember which was which. That makes sense if it goes out tomorrow.

Holding out for a trade bump next weekend, if it doesn't happen still going to have to trade in. Should be able to break even need the credit for PS5.

Definitely time to step my headphone game up.....does anyone know good the SteelSeries Arctis 7P Wireless are? The Pulse 3D don't look very comfortable 

Cool, some games in an order I made on Oct 25th shows as having arrived on Oct 14th and 15th.
I had a similar situation. I placed an order on 10/15 for 2 switch games and up until this morning they had been "preparing for shipping". I had already called 4 times in the past week to find out what was going on with my order and I was told it was escalated to another team, a ticket was open and finally that a glitch in their system was causing an issue with store inventory and I basically had to wait until their IT dept fixed the system issue. This morning I get an email and is says that one of the games had shipped. I checked the tracking and it shows that it was picked up in PA on 10/14 and delivered on 10/15 (the day I placed the order) in NC and I'm located in CA. I was really upset now so I called and finally got someone to help. Within an hour of hanging up they shipped out both games. Well one shipped and the other shows a label created from here in California so I'm hoping to get both by the end of the week. The funny thing is that the game that had supposedly shipped and delivered was now a "replacement".

Just wanted to put this out there for anybody else going through a similar situation. Don't give up and be persistent with their customer service.

Cool, some games in an order I made on Oct 25th shows as having arrived on Oct 14th and 15th.
I have the same issue... my order was on the 30th, shipped on the 31st, delivered on the 15th in a completely diff state.

EDIT* 31st, not 32st.LOL

Learn from my mistakes...I woke up this morning with my October coupon but by 7 p.m. it was gone and replaced with the November coupon.  

Thought I had until 9 p.m PST before the October coupon would disappear.  I waited to long.  

That's not completely true. You can still get a $10 game coin for purchasing it by 11/4.
Check the fine print in the weekly ad. It says pre-purchase and pickup within launch week. It’s still confusing, but I thought pre-purchase was required for the coin. Now if GS can actually get me the coin without a call to CS, then that would be nothing short of a miracle.
From the clusterf*ck appgrade, to the new store restructuring where you have no idea of pre-owned inventory, and the inconsistencies of game coin delivery, this has been a sloppy several weeks- even for GS standards.

Learn from my mistakes...I woke up this morning with my October coupon but by 7 p.m. it was gone and replaced with the November coupon.

Thought I had until 9 p.m PST before the October coupon would disappear. I waited to long.
Do the monthly pro certificates still work twice? Would it only be visible in the computer at a store after the first use?
Save the code. Copy it down somewhere. That way you can use it in store, then spend it online as well. The double dip is still alive.

Check the fine print in the weekly ad. It says pre-purchase and pickup within launch week. It’s still confusing, but I thought pre-purchase was required for the coin. Now if GS can actually get me the coin without a call to CS, then that would be nothing short of a miracle.
From the clusterf*ck appgrade, to the new store restructuring where you have no idea of pre-owned inventory, and the inconsistencies of game coin delivery, this has been a sloppy several weeks- even for GS standards.
Yeah, that fine print is for the base coin. The bonus coin (either $5 or $10 depending on your member status) is still available as you just have to buy it by the 4th. The banner is on the main page and it is also advertised on the game page. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to call to get the bonus coin.

Spend $60 Pro Days Get $10 Game Coin off 1 Gamestop Item coupon showed up at the same time as monthly for me - look like it expires 11/7 and seems to be in-store only. 

Weekly ad looks like another lame week, no desire to trade-in anything yet!  :oldman:

I have a handful of stuff I'd want to trade in, mostly older titles, but Link's Awakening and Octopath Traveler for Switch and Crash N Sane Trilogy for PS4 (going to be PS+ for PS5). Is it best to do before Gamestop realizes about the PS+ collection and then sale prices of the other games during the Black Friday deals? Any coupons/extra %s to utilize? Sadly I don't see anything like that :/ Thanks!

I have a handful of stuff I'd want to trade in, mostly older titles, but Link's Awakening and Octopath Traveler for Switch and Crash N Sane Trilogy for PS4 (going to be PS+ for PS5). Is it best to do before Gamestop realizes about the PS+ collection and then sale prices of the other games during the Black Friday deals? Any coupons/extra %s to utilize? Sadly I don't see anything like that :/ Thanks!
I traded in a few of the PS+ Collection games last week. Im sure they will either stay the same or drop. Its a shame, I had a few more games to drop and there is now zero trade promos.

So I am guessing the demon souls 30% is off the table? I hope we get a bump next week for console release

So I am guessing the demon souls 30% is off the table? I hope we get a bump next week for console release
The only 30% bump I see is for Watch Dogs Legion or Pikmin 3 Deluxe.

Edit

So if you throw $5 on Watch Dogs Legion for PS5, that launches at the end of November. That will give you the 30% bump and you can cancel WDL at a later date

I wish there was a way to still trade in consoles towards the new ones. I'd love to trade in all of mine towards a Series S. I wouldn't care if I had to wait until the end of the year. I just want to take advantage of the deal before it expires.

I wish there was a way to still trade in consoles towards the new ones. I'd love to trade in all of mine towards a Series S. I wouldn't care if I had to wait until the end of the year. I just want to take advantage of the deal before it expires.
Yeah, it's weird they have the extra trade credit towards next gen consoles in the new ad but the new consoles are sold out.

The only 30% bump I see is for Watch Dogs Legion or Pikmin 3 Deluxe.

Edit

So if you throw $5 on Watch Dogs Legion for PS5, that launches at the end of November. That will give you the 30% bump and you can cancel WDL at a later date
These 30% bumps work today? I might have to head to gamestop to dump some stuff before the black friday sales.

Can’t you put it towards a preorder if you have 1 in store?
Yeah should be able too, I sold my systems on ebay though because I had the Gears 1X and 500 Million PS4 Pro. I guess having it in the ad makes sense because people wait until pickup to trade in the old systems. It could also make people think they might have next gen consoles available too.

FYI, just did a small trade in a bit ago. Added another 5 to my Demon Souls Pre-order and got the 30% trade bump.  So it is still active as of today.

I got my (bonus?) $10 game coin if game is paid in full in active offers, but not the base $10 game coin.

Did anyone else already receive their game coin? Picked up on Thursday and now it's present in my rewards already.

Same, I received the one game coin this morning for paying in full, but nothing else yet.

I think it's the other way around. The wording is the same as the FIFA coin, so this is probably the base coin and the bonus will come in the next couple days (hopefully).
Picked up my game on Friday along with Little Hope. Don't have any Game Coin's for Watch Dogs and don't have the $30 one for spending $300 (should have been passed on Friday purchase.) Starting to get worried.

I had a similar situation. I placed an order on 10/15 for 2 switch games and up until this morning they had been "preparing for shipping". I had already called 4 times in the past week to find out what was going on with my order and I was told it was escalated to another team, a ticket was open and finally that a glitch in their system was causing an issue with store inventory and I basically had to wait until their IT dept fixed the system issue. This morning I get an email and is says that one of the games had shipped. I checked the tracking and it shows that it was picked up in PA on 10/14 and delivered on 10/15 (the day I placed the order) in NC and I'm located in CA. I was really upset now so I called and finally got someone to help. Within an hour of hanging up they shipped out both games. Well one shipped and the other shows a label created from here in California so I'm hoping to get both by the end of the week. The funny thing is that the game that had supposedly shipped and delivered was now a "replacement".

Just wanted to put this out there for anybody else going through a similar situation. Don't give up and be persistent with their customer service.

I have the same issue... my order was on the 30th, shipped on the 31st, delivered on the 15th in a completely diff state.

EDIT* 31st, not 32st.LOL

8x5xhSj.png

Same. I assume these games were also "awaiting product availability" for you guys as well?

At this point, I have lost track of what's actually been delivered and what hasn't because of all the issues I've had since GS updated their website.

Have they said you cant do the deal because they cant take more pre orders? Id love to trade my ps4 and xbox one in and pay $75 for the series s.

Same. I assume these games were also "awaiting product availability" for you guys as well?

At this point, I have lost track of what's actually been delivered and what hasn't because of all the issues I've had since GS updated their website.
I did have a order from earlier that was awaiting stock for like... a week but that one shipped/arrived fine. This order was recent, after a day I got a "your order is preparing to ship" email which I never received before (and with no real, discernable value of information) and then got the "your order has shipped" email with a tracking that showed my order being delivered to a Nevada zip code 2 weeks before I actually placed the order.

I did have a order from earlier that was awaiting stock for like... a week but that one shipped/arrived fine. This order was recent, after a day I got a "your order is preparing to ship" email which I never received before (and with no real, discernable value of information) and then got the "your order has shipped" email with a tracking that showed my order being delivered to a Nevada zip code 2 weeks before I actually placed the order.
I see. I did get that "your order is preparing to ship" email as well, which like you said I thought was odd. Followed by the email that gives the tracking number the next day.

I got an order I made yesterday today. On a Sunday. Strange times we live in.

Not sure who it shipped through but I don't think it was UPS or FedEx.

So that leaves USPS DHL and lasership out of the remaining options in my neck of the woods.

I called my home store to see how much I have toward a couple of pre-orders and for some reason the system split my account. Long story short I asked about the 30% extra credit toward Spider-Man Miles. According to the employee I talked to it's good until about 3 days before launch when pre-orders close. Take it with a grain of salt though.

Anyone try out their new Same-Day-Delivery option? Looks like it costs $9 with a $4 discount if you buy more than $60. Door Dash for video games! :lol:

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/same-day-delivery
I wonder who actually delivers the item? A third party or an actual GS employee?
Gs manager on duty it says according to my tracking info from the order delivered today. And they don't deliver it in anything but the case in the one I got delivered today (which is now wet due to the blizzard and I am lucky I texted someone to put it inside for me) so I wouldn't recommend it except in cases where it's the only option available.

Went into a store and it was just lifeless.  I associate, 2 total customers, associate didn't say hello, PS3/360 games basically gone, didn't see the pre-owned section clearly marked, clearance items awful leftovers.

You can blame me, maybe it is me.  Maybe I'm just getting bored with all this.  I don't even feel motivated to make the leap to PS5.  

Gs manager on duty it says according to my tracking info from the order delivered today. And they don't deliver it in anything but the case in the one I got delivered today (which is now wet due to the blizzard and I am lucky I texted someone to put it inside for me) so I wouldn't recommend it except in cases where it's the only option available.
lol they couldn't even bother to put it in a bag?

Went into a store and it was just lifeless. I associate, 2 total customers, associate didn't say hello, PS3/360 games basically gone, didn't see the pre-owned section clearly marked, clearance items awful leftovers.

You can blame me, maybe it is me. Maybe I'm just getting bored with all this. I don't even feel motivated to make the leap to PS5.
Most of the stores around me are pretty busy. I've been two around 5 stores in the past month and in most of them, there was at least 2 other shoppers/groups of shoppers around. There was only one store were it was dead because the employee was sitting on the counter on her phone until I walked in. I asked her if it was a slow day and she said I was her first customer since she opened (this was around 2 PM).

Is the spend $300 receive $30 coupon redeemable instore only?
If you're wondering why you can't use it online, you have to add stuff to your cart first before you can apply it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back