2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine too, I also called them earlier this week so I guess I double dipped... oops.

Does anyone know if game coins work for digital currency?
Yes they do. I got some Xbox currency with my game coin a couple of days ago.

What’s the name of the offers for the Watch Dogs Legion game coin. I only got the $10 for purchase today and not the pre order one.
one says PUR $10 Game coin Watch dogs Legion paid in full. The second one says PUR Pro- Elite members $10 game coin when Watch dogs Legion is purchased

So I got my 2nd $10 Watch Dogs game coin also, but still don't have my $30 for spending $300 back.

The tracking site said I hit it with my purchase on 10-30 (and that I'm $50 toward a 2nd) and it showed up in my offers on Monday but by Tuesday it disappeared and it still hasn't returned. Guess I have to call customer service tomorrow.

I tried it last month and it disappeared after using it online. I even tried to use one sent to my email afterwards and that didn't work either.

The way I've always done it is add a $5 item to my cart, apply the coupon, DON'T check out, go to the store and use it on $5 of XBL credit.  Then it stays in my cart until I use it on something I like online.

Did GS even get Legend of Heroes: Trail of Cold Steel IV in?   Was going to use my $5 monthly coupon on it, no stores in the area have it and the website doesn't even have it in stock.  Ended up just ordering it on Amazon later. 

Just weird to see a game like that out of stock so soon, when it came out Oct. 27th.  Makes me wonder if it's like the PS4 port of YS: Memories of Celceta, where GS didn't even bother ordering any copies of it.

I had a pick-up in store order cancelled because they couldn't find the item. Paid partially with trade credit, partially with credit card. The pending CC charge dropped off, but I never got the balance back on my trade card. Does that usually take some time, or am I going to have to fight CS for it?

I had a pick-up in store order cancelled because they couldn't find the item. Paid partially with trade credit, partially with credit card. The pending CC charge dropped off, but I never got the balance back on my trade card. Does that usually take some time, or am I going to have to fight CS for it?
in my experience it takes 10 to 14 days to drop off

I have a similar issue with an item that was sold to someone before my 7 days were up. It's been about 19 days since the 7th day of when my order should have been canceled (26 days since I ordered) and still nothing. I'm guessing I'll have to call but really don't want to deal with GS CS.

Did GS even get Legend of Heroes: Trail of Cold Steel IV in? Was going to use my $5 monthly coupon on it, no stores in the area have it and the website doesn't even have it in stock. Ended up just ordering it on Amazon later.

Just weird to see a game like that out of stock so soon, when it came out Oct. 27th. Makes me wonder if it's like the PS4 port of YS: Memories of Celceta, where GS didn't even bother ordering any copies of it.
Based on what my home store has told me, if you want a non-first-party new-release, you have to preorder it because there's a high chance no copies will be sent to your store otherwise.

Based on what my home store has told me, if you want a non-first-party new-release, you have to preorder it because there's a high chance no copies will be sent to your store otherwise.
Yeah, that's the story in my area too. Honestly though, if I am buying a new copy with cash I am better off to go to the walmart beside every gamestop in my area and get the new release for like $7-8 less. I really only preorder for stuff when I have a few crappy copies of games I have picked up at thrift store for trade credit. With the new store reset, I am a lot less interested in browsing gamestop locations these days.

The rewards tracker says I been passed my 2nd $300 reward but it won't show up in GS website, how long is the usual wait for it to show up in your account?

I've always ended up with a gift card mailed to me when I've had store pick-up orders cancelled. It's usually automatic. How long ago was it cancelled?

Did GS even get Legend of Heroes: Trail of Cold Steel IV in? Was going to use my $5 monthly coupon on it, no stores in the area have it and the website doesn't even have it in stock. Ended up just ordering it on Amazon later.

Just weird to see a game like that out of stock so soon, when it came out Oct. 27th. Makes me wonder if it's like the PS4 port of YS: Memories of Celceta, where GS didn't even bother ordering any copies of it.
GS and NIS seem to be at odds lately. Ys IV PS4 port and Rune Factory 4 Switch port weren't carried, and while Trails of Cold Steel IV was promoted in store and carried at least briefly (that's where I got my copy I preordered) it looks like they only carried a few extra copies (my store got my preorder plus 1 copy.)

But also what everyone else has said; since the pandemic GS isn't interested in carrying extra copies of games that aren't top tier AAA.

Found this another funny GameStop exclusive experience.  Was $15 short for free shipping on two orders, there was a banner saying add a $15 dollar gift card for free shipping!  Went ahead and did that, it worked with a physical giftcard.  I’ll give it as a gift or use it later.  They just deduct the $5 shipping credit from the value of the gift card though, spread out across the order.  So my $15 gift cards are worth $13...

Was on the phone for an hour and a half yesterday to try and fix other different issues, but all I managed to accomplish was $10 credit for one missing game coin.  Should have just hung up when the rep took 20 minutes to get through the most basic initial questions and do his research, then he comes back and asks, do you have a GameStop account?  What was he researching 20 minutes without even having my account pulled up?

I still think the market for physical games is better with GameStop than without, talk about how a new even better replacement for toys r us would spring up does not seem like it will happen for years, decades, or ever.  Not that I went there often, but it was still another unique retailer and fun for kids.  I remember seeing raves and celebrations that they were going out of business, that’s idiotic and cruel in relation to the job and career losses.  It’s not high culture, but toys r us going out of business is a cultural loss I think.  I’ve seen the same argument for people crapping on GameStop and wanting them bankrupt, no one would take their place soon or ever either.  So I still like GameStop, still mostly have good in store experiences, but these shipping and other issues right now are pretty bad.

I still think the market for physical games is better with GameStop than without, talk about how a new even better replacement for toys r us would spring up does not seem like it will happen for years, decades, or ever. Not that I went there often, but it was still another unique retailer and fun for kids. I remember seeing raves and celebrations that they were going out of business, that’s idiotic and cruel in relation to the job and career losses. It’s not high culture, but toys r us going out of business is a cultural loss I think. I’ve seen the same argument for people crapping on GameStop and wanting them bankrupt, no one would take their place soon or ever either. So I still like GameStop, still mostly have good in store experiences, but these shipping and other issues right now are pretty bad.
Well said. As much as I hate all the issues and problems with GS, they're about the only store I can walk-in and find any game even worth glancing at anymore. They can still be a decent alternative for some harder to find games too every now and then (got a pretty minty CIB copy of Ultimate MvC3 for $36 after discounts, much better than eBay.

I remember seeing raves and celebrations that they were going out of business, that’s idiotic and cruel in relation to the job and career losses. It’s not high culture, but toys r us going out of business is a cultural loss I think. I’ve seen the same argument for people crapping on GameStop and wanting them bankrupt, no one would take their place soon or ever either. So I still like GameStop, still mostly have good in store experiences, but these shipping and other issues right now are pretty bad.
I miss all the lego builds TRU used to do.

TFW your local Gamestop slaps you with a 'crappy disc' trade deduction when you bought the game from Gamestop.com. My fault I suppose - should've checked it sooner.

At local GS today discussing the plan for my return/rebuy of my series x from online to put trades towards it and was told “because of the week it is” the bonus is going onto systems without a preorder...the employee told me he had just taken in a PS4 for $125 even though it shows as $100 (I’ve got a pro and one x to trade)

Can anyone confirm this? That the system trade bonus is going without putting towards a new system? That would save me from having to return/rebuy on Tuesday as I could just do the trades tomorrow...

At local GS today discussing the plan for my return/rebuy of my series x from online to put trades towards it and was told “because of the week it is” the bonus is going onto systems without a preorder...the employee told me he had just taken in a PS4 for $125 even though it shows as $100 (I’ve got a pro and one x to trade)

Can anyone confirm this? That the system trade bonus is going without putting towards a new system? That would save me from having to return/rebuy on Tuesday as I could just do the trades tomorrow...
That would be awesome if true

Have about $200 in points that I want to use on my PS5 but not sure how that's going to work since we can't stack the same value coupon. At most I could only use $105 in coupons if I combine all the individual coupon values. 

Maybe I'll try to find a game to buy and trade in to get TIC instead.

Have about $200 in points that I want to use on my PS5 but not sure how that's going to work since we can't stack the same value coupon. At most I could only use $105 in coupons if I combine all the individual coupon values.

Maybe I'll try to find a game to buy and trade in to get TIC instead.
Best bet for that would be take advantage of the online only promo for pre-order COD, Assassin's Creed or Cyberpunk get 30% off any 1 Pre-Owned game. If you did COD then you'd get the $10 Game Coin and it'd be close to the value on the game if you did a Switch title. I'm not sure if any of them are guaranteed to <3 though.

I have the new Call of Duty preorder paid off with credit at GameStop and am tempted to do the B2G1 deal at Target and get that game as a part of it.

If I cancel my GameStop order, will I get all that credit back even if the trade ins I did for said credit had that extra $5 towards next gen preorder or will I lose that bonus credit?

Went to trade in a bunch of games today to get the 30% bump, and it didn't add on. Only was going me the extra 10%. So that was a fun waste of time.

Went to trade in a bunch of games today to get the 30% bump, and it didn't add on. Only was going me the extra 10%. So that was a fun waste of time.
What did you try and trade towards? There are only a few games that bump. Worst case, put $5 towards a game under the promo and take the rest on a trade card. Then go back and say you want it on something else. I've done this a few times with no issues.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I have the new Call of Duty preorder paid off with credit at GameStop and am tempted to do the B2G1 deal at Target and get that game as a part of it.

If I cancel my GameStop order, will I get all that credit back even if the trade ins I did for said credit had that extra $5 towards next gen preorder or will I lose that bonus credit?
Yes, you'll receive the full deposit back. Doesn't matter what promos you used during the trade-in.

I'm getting 50% on ALL pre-owned games under $30. I just bought Nier and picked it up in store for $15. I don't have to buy 5 to get 50% off... Anyone else getting this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back