2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ughh, that feeling when games you jumped through promo and credit hoops for crappy pre-owned copies are going to be cheaper new for Black Friday sales.  That’s how it goes though.  There are still plenty I got that never really got better discounts though, the majority i guess, but a few I would have been better waiting on.  Good Black Friday discounts on first party switch games!  It’s time for last gen game prices to start dropping like a rock.

I got an email today stating that I’d get $30 trade in credit until 11/27 for Watch Dogs
So they are guaranteeing $30 trade, but what happens is (and I just had this happen to me) you get a bump to $30 from whatever the base is, then the Pro membership adds 10% of the base. You do not get the 30% trade bump for trading in toward something like Hyrule Warriors that's on the trade bump list, even if the 30% bump would take you to above the $30 threshold (for example Watch Dogs is now $32.70 instead of the $39 it would have been yesterday, and not the $35.10 it would be if the register just added 30% to the $27 base.)

I got got an email asking how I liked Cyberpunk, then offering $30 TIC for it.
They literally emailed you about liking and offering $30 TIC for a game that’s not even out yet? That’s so GameStop, lol.

I guess they’re doing targeted trade offers for recent releases. So my apologies for not being more specific. I picked up Miles Morales for PS4 Friday so that’s why I got an email for it. Hopefully everyone who bought it for PS5 and beat it already will get the same offer.

Which do you guys think is the better version to get for Spider-Man Miles Morales, IF I have a PS5. The PS4 version or PS5? Just trying to figure out which will have higher demand/TIV.

Also from what I've read, if you buy the game on PS4 you get a free digital download for PS5? I assume you still need the disc in the drive to play the digital version?

Which do you guys think is the better version to get for Spider-Man Miles Morales, IF I have a PS5. The PS4 version or PS5? Just trying to figure out which will have higher demand/TIV.

Also from what I've read, if you buy the game on PS4 you get a free digital download for PS5? I assume you still need the disc in the drive to play the digital version?
PS5 version will be more valuable for longer. And you do need the PS4 disc in the console to use the PS5 upgraded version.

I saw someone say the $30 GAMECOINS don't work on PSN credit. I have a $10 one from Watchdogs I still have to use by end of today. I saw someone report other $10 ones worked if I got the digital currency from the POS, not a card. Anyone know if that's the case with this $10 one or do I have to get a new game?

I just got a $15 and $10 code with the Watchdog coins. The guy said I couldn't stack them so i split it, but they do work on the POS codes.

still haven't gotten any of the 10$ things from the spend 60 promo. I should know better than to expect to get any of these as I never seem to.

Order wise the 3 remaining switch games came and my luck finally ran out. 2 generic cases and 1 complete. Oh well it was awesome while it lasted.

just called about my Gamecoin missing for Assassin's Creed and CoD...was told i have to wait 7-10 business days and if i don't have it by the 10th business day to call back...this is the first i've got any pushback, usually they just give me the 10000 points...

The other half of the ps4 order from the 50% off sale finally came. cold steel 3 was complete which was a surprise as I didn't know it had a mini art book and sound track cd in its release. valkyrie revolution also came with cover art and case, kh3 was a surprise since its the not for resale variant.  kh1.5 2.5 remix also came with case and cover art.  Only disgaea 5 came without cover art but it did surprisingly come with its case.

Hey guys, I’ve been told that if you are missing game coin you just need to look in the game case, it’s in there.  So glad that is solved for everyone now, only took a few hours.

I was in a crappy phone support job for years, it sucks, but if you don’t know what you are talking about, don’t just make crap up.  How could a GameStop phone associate be on the job for more than a few hours and not know what game coin is?  How is it possible that none of them do?

Hey guys, I’ve been told that if you are missing game coin you just need to look in the game case, it’s in there. So glad that is solved for everyone now, only took a few hours.

I was in a crappy phone support job for years, it sucks, but if you don’t know what you are talking about, don’t just make crap up. How could a GameStop phone associate be on the job for more than a few hours and not know what game coin is? How is it possible that none of them do?
Does gamestop have their own designated call center? I imagine it's just a call center used by a bunch of different companies lol

God I can’t wait for this scam company to go out of business.
I havent paid any actual money for a video game or console in the last several years due to all the Gamestop flipping antics. Starting with my initial game trade-in investment, I've since made $1000's of dollars, $100's of PSN, Nintendo and Amazon credit, and have my ps5, xbox one x, several Vitas and Switches all from Gamestop credit. At this point I can't image spending real money on anything video game related and will probably cry when this "scam" company goes out of business lol

Does gamestop have their own designated call center? I imagine it's just a call center used by a bunch of different companies lol
Yeah, I almost included that in my comment. I’m certain it’s a shared call center solution, but I still can’t imagine taking more than an hour total of GameStop rewards calls without hearing about missing game coin though, to at least be familiar with the basic concept and offer.

I havent paid any actual money for a video game or console in the last several years due to all the Gamestop flipping antics. Starting with my initial game trade-in investment, I've since made $1000's of dollars, $100's of PSN, Nintendo and Amazon credit, and have my ps5, xbox one x, several Vitas and Switches all from Gamestop credit. At this point I can't image spending real money on anything video game related and will probably cry when this "scam" company goes out of business lol
If you have the time to flip, that’s great ... still doesn’t stop it from being an all around awful company on multiple fronts.

If you put the same amount of time, effort, and commitment into something other than gamestop flips, you could have made enough money to outright buy your local gamestop....

If you put the same amount of time, effort, and commitment into something other than gamestop flips, you could have made enough money to outright buy your local gamestop....
You were doing it wrong if you think it took that much commitment and time to have made a ton of credit from gamestop flips, especially 2 - 3 years ago. Blackbeard's flipping sheets made a lot of us a lot of money, all from a few hours one saturday a month. We literally moved high value inventory from one store to another using trade-in promos and b2g1 . We used a free excel sheet that documented games with highest boomerang profit. It's not rocket science or big brain stuff. Id buy $1000 worth of games and drive 5 minutes and turn it into $1800. Rinse repeat. I had 6 GSs within 10 minutes of each other.

Now you know. Sorry you missed out.

You were doing it wrong if you think it took that much commitment and time to have made a ton of credit from gamestop flips, especially 2 - 3 years ago. Blackbeard's flipping sheets made a lot of us a lot of money, all from a few hours one saturday a month. We literally moved high value inventory from one store to another using trade-in promos and b2g1 . We used a free excel sheet that documented games with highest boomerang profit. It's not rocket science or big brain stuff. Id buy $1000 worth of games and drive 5 minutes and turn it into $1800. Rinse repeat. I had 6 GSs within 10 minutes of each other.

Which is also a contributing factor to why they’re on the verge of closing ... you may have loved it, but you also helped kill it 😉

I didn't missed out on anything. been there done that bud... it still takes effort and time to flip games....and i have since redirect my priority elsewhere and have made more money than you can even imagine...

oh, and i guess you must be special and part of BB secret society discord armageddon flipster group... lol...my best decision ever was to ask the mod to remove me... flipping games for hundreds 2x/month is nothing compare to making thousands daily every day.

Surge 2 LE is $10 dotd. Looks fun so may bite on this.
Thanks for pointing that out, I've been eyeing this for a while. Did local pick up but will prob end up getting a gut since nobody has more than 1 copy left.

I didn't missed out on anything. been there done that bud... it still takes effort and time to flip games....and i have since redirect my priority elsewhere and have made more money than you can even imagine...

oh, and i guess you must be special and part of BB secret society discord armageddon flipster group... lol...my best decision ever was to ask the mod to remove me... flipping games for hundreds 2x/month is nothing compare to making thousands daily every day.
Jesus, this is written like some copypasta from the fantasy of a 15 year old kid. This guy claims to make thousands every single day yet still hangs around CAG.

If you're making that much money there is no reason to be on a site called Cheapassgamer.com
I make a good living and I’m still here. Just because you make good money doesn’t mean you don’t like saving. The two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

I know a lot of CAGs that make a very good living btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[attachment=34954:200.gif]

I tried using my $30 Game Coin on a preorder and it didn't work, they said I had to wait until the game came out to use it. But the next day, I didn't have the Game Coin in my account anymore. Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back