2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did my in store pickups and Link's Awakening and Shield came with generic cases.  All others (Pikachu, LM3, Eevee, Sword) came in OG cases and in good condition.

Days Gone has that damn Redbox Sticker, but came in OG case.  Any tips on getting that off? 

RE3 came in a generic case, but luckily I still had my BB steelbook case. 

So I ordered Two games in the B1G1, but one has shipped and the other is still preparing. Should I take that as GS cancelling the 2nd one?
No

What is the 30 for spending $300 working on online?
Pretty sure that ended 11/22.

I did my in store pickups and Link's Awakening and Shield came with generic cases. All others (Pikachu, LM3, Eevee, Sword) came in OG cases and in good condition.

Days Gone has that damn Redbox Sticker, but came in OG case. Any tips on getting that off?

RE3 came in a generic case, but luckily I still had my BB steelbook case.
The sticker comes off easy on Xbox One games, but I've heard PS4 games are more difficult to get off without damaging the label on the disc. Have tried the former successfully,haven't tried the latter as it wasn't worth it imo.

Try using a hair dryer on the Redbox sticker to heat it up before attempting to peel it off. If you don’t heat it, it tends to crumble in my experience.

I ordered 3 games on the 25th. Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Let's Go Pikachu new and Xenoblade 1 used. Xenoblade 1 arrived today, but the other 2 still haven't shipped. I'm worried it's gonna be canceled at the point.

My deliveries are saying Monday the 30th, but I am very skeptical of that. Gamestop always takes an age to ship anything to me, and I live in the suburbs of a sizeable city, not the sticks.

Well for once something good from gamestop for me.

I ordered splatoon 2 amd super Mario bros.u deluxe and yoshis crafted world in the b2g1 pre owned deal. Mario and splatoon just show up brand new and sealed.

My deliveries are saying Monday the 30th, but I am very skeptical of that. Gamestop always takes an age to ship anything to me, and I live in the suburbs of a sizeable city, not the sticks.
I got my order of star wars squadrons in about 2 days because it shipped from a store 15 minutes away from me. It's certainly possible, but this is not my expectation with them.

Got my order from last Sunday and all three games were Brand New and sealed (13 Sentinels x2 and Doom Eternal PS4).

Pleasantly surprised. Hope the Persona 5 Steelbooks I ordered on Wednesday come in the same condition.

All my items shipped, I compiled a list to keep track of all games. Red titles came incomplete, grey haven't arrived & green is complete.  

RE3 :ps4:

Nioh 2

MediEvil

HZD: CE

Code Vein  :ps4:

God of War

Splatoon 2

Madden 21 :ps4:

Doom Eternal  :ps4:

Ace Combat 7 :ps4:

Star Wars Jedi: FO :ps4:

MLB The Show 20  :ps4:

The Last of Us II 

The Last of Us II 

The Last of Us II 

Mario Tennis Aces

Yoshi: Crafted World

Yoshi: Crafted World

Bayonetta & Vanquish :ps4:

Bayonetta & Vanquish :ps4:

13 Sentinels Aegis Rim   

Star Wars: Squadrons :ps4:

Star Wars: Squadrons :ps4:

Azure Strikers: Gunvolt  :ps4:

Azure Strikers: Gunvolt  :ps4:

A Plague Tale: Innocence :ps4:

A Plague Tale: Innocence :ps4:

Predator Hunting Grounds 

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Got my order from last Sunday and all three games were Brand New and sealed (13 Sentinels x2 and Doom Eternal PS4).

Pleasantly surprised. Hope the Persona 5 Steelbooks I ordered on Wednesday come in the same condition.
It's odd.. my order from Thurs hasn't shipped yet (13 Sentinels, Kandagawa Jet Girls) but my order from yesterday (5x of the NS doorbuster games) just arrived and were all sealed luckily. Not sure how it got from TX to IL over night unless they overnighted it... Fedex labels don't say anything about overnight or 1 day.

Just had a massively frustrating experience at two different GameStops. First thing I asked is if the game cases they had out for preowned on the shelf were actually in stock. They said no, which was expected but that they could look for specific games for me. Two of the ones I wanted were available and then I spent about 20 minutes trying to find a third game. When I asked if they had that one, they said they don’t have it preowned but they can get it for me digitally. I informed them I was trying to use the B2G1 free deal and then told me that the two games I wanted at first weren’t preowned either.

Second GameStop. Employee comes up to me after a few minutes of looking at switch games and says those aren’t the only games we have, we have more pre-owned behind the register. After I picked out the three that I wanted and was told they were available, they tried to charge me for the new price of all three copies... they apparently did not have them pre-owned as I was told they did.

Just had a massively frustrating experience at two different GameStops. First thing I asked is if the game cases they had out for preowned on the shelf were actually in stock. They said no, which was expected but that they could look for specific games for me. Two of the ones I wanted were available and then I spent about 20 minutes trying to find a third game. When I asked if they had that one, they said they don’t have it preowned but they can get it for me digitally. I informed them I was trying to use the B2G1 free deal and then told me that the two games I wanted at first weren’t preowned either.

Second GameStop. Employee comes up to me after a few minutes of looking at switch games and says those aren’t the only games we have, we have more pre-owned behind the register. After I picked out the three that I wanted and was told they were available, they tried to charge me for the new price of all three copies... they apparently did not have them pre-owned as I was told they did.
At this point, I’d you don’t get a lump of shit thrown at you at a GameStop, it’s a win.

This is completely corporates fault for making all the stores suck.

I hate that they are already asking me to renew my Pro and I just did that in August. Then when I say no thanks they announce that I have over 100,000 points and I wouldn’t miss the amount it take to renew.

I just ask for a list of preowned games in stock for a specific system printed out by a specific price range highest to lowest. Haven’t had any issue, though sometimes their printer is in the back rooms. All GS stores right now are swamped with Pickup and ship-from-store orders so give them a bit of a break and save that Karen energy for a missing game coin next month ;)

I’m surprised my games from b1g1 came with artwork, no generic cases. But Ofcourse I always want more. None of them came with the manual/art/booklet. I don’t mind not getting the keychain for streets of rage but cmon who takes out manuals? No manual for my outer worlds either

I just ask for a list of preowned games in stock for a specific system printed out by a specific price range highest to lowest. Haven’t had any issue, though sometimes their printer is in the back rooms. All GS stores right now are swamped with Pickup and ship-from-store orders so give them a bit of a break and save that Karen energy for a missing game coin next month ;)
I don’t bother berating them. I’m always nice and that usually gets me what I need. It’s not worth being a sick to people despite them being massive morons. That said, when someone is worthless, they’re worthless. One of the stores I was at was previously ran by another store manager who is probably the most knowledgeable, nicest people I know. He got moved to another store 40 minutes away. I may just have to keep going there because it’s the only store in the area that’s ran well. Of course, I had the best Black Friday experience in any store there.

I’ll definitely try to use your method though, I recall this being done by that same store manager in the past. Still, I anticipate I’ll probably just get looked at like I’m an idiot for asking by other employees at other stores.

In preparation for the b2g2 does anyone have any reccomendations for low hanging fruit for people who bought ps5s/xbox series x to take advantage of the b2g2 sale?

I'm not really sure where the deals to be had are here

Dollar General is having a 15% off gift card sale this week good on GameStop gift cards. If you manage to find a PS5 or Xbox Series X (sometime this year!), you could get them for $75 off buying a $500 gift card. Deduction happens automatically at the register.

I’m surprised my games from b1g1 came with artwork, no generic cases. But Ofcourse I always want more. None of them came with the manual/art/booklet. I don’t mind not getting the keychain for streets of rage but cmon who takes out manuals? No manual for my outer worlds either
Are these current gen games... cuz most (if not all) current gen stuff doesn't come with manuals. Or are you talking about cover art inserts? I ask because I see you mentioned Outer Worlds.

Dollar General is having a 15% off gift card sale this week good on GameStop gift cards. If you manage to find a PS5 or Xbox Series X (sometime this year!), you could get them for $75 off buying a $500 gift card. Deduction happens automatically at the register.
This sounds interesting, link to more info?

In preparation for the b2g2 does anyone have any reccomendations for low hanging fruit for people who bought ps5s/xbox series x to take advantage of the b2g2 sale?

I'm not really sure where the deals to be had are here
Here's a list of "enhanced" games for Series X/S. If you are short on a 4th game, you can always use GTA5 ($14) as filler.

Ark Survival ($19)
Borderlands 3 ($9)
Forza Horizon 4 ($19) {Flippable}
Gears 5 ($9)
Maneater ($12)
Mortal Kombat 11 ($14)
Ori WotW ($13)
Sea of Thieves ($18)
We Happy Few ($10)

My Wednesday order of Nintendo doorbusters shipped last night - hopefully actually new and sealed and not "Gamestop new".  USPS still hasn't received package according to tracking.

Here's a list of "enhanced" games for Series X/S. If you are short on a 4th game, you can always use GTA5 ($14) as filler.
Ark Survival ($19)
Borderlands 3 ($9)
Forza Horizon 4 ($19) {Flippable}
Gears 5 ($9)
Maneater ($12)
Mortal Kombat 11 ($14)
Ori WotW ($13)
Sea of Thieves ($18)
We Happy Few ($10)
Appreciate the list

Unfortunately the majority of those games are on gamepass making it kinda ehh

I grabbed a bunch of B2G2 games and found that once you hit $100 an additional 15% is taken off your order. Great deal to stack with the sale prices and B2G2.

That also includes another 15% from Rakuten, well shit, I'm all in!!

edit: I'm getting a $40 off switch digital promo for Yoshi's Crafted World x2. I think it's just $20 off the original $60 price though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back