2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's a good cheap console I can get. Hoping for something along the lines of the PS Classic that already has games loaded onto it. Don't want to spend more than $50. Everybody I've seen on FB/Craiglist is hiking the prices up on their stuff since it's almost christmas time.
Only unit like that still in limited retail supply is going to be the Sega Genesis Mini. Many Walmart and Target locations should still have a few. Not sure about BB.

If I specifically ordered the steelbook edition of P5 Royal as part of the B1G1, there's not much I can do to ensure I receive it, right? 

I just received my $30 game coin for spending $300.  When I try to add it to my cart it keeps saying "Coupon cannot be added to your cart".  

Has anyone had success using any of these "coins" online.  If so, how did you get it to work?

If I specifically ordered the steelbook edition of P5 Royal as part of the B1G1, there's not much I can do to ensure I receive it, right?
Correct. If the product is preowned, things like "steelbook edition," "collector's edition," and such is completely meaningless.

I bought two and got one dinged steelbook and one standard edition p5r case.

I suppose one thing you could do is ask nicely at the local store if they have any preowned steelbooks in inventory. Since it does say steelbook on the packing slip you might get an employee who will swap for a generic case.

does anyone know if ordering online in-store using trade credit has tax or not? i live in a location where buying in-store with credit is tax free, but tax is always charged online from gamestop.com...wondering if this could be a way to avoid tax for large purchases that are not in stock locally...

edit: also, can you use certificates this way? (ie: the $30 coin)

Got my B1G1 Super Mario 3D Allstars and Origami King both complete.  So far so good, but my "NEW" switch games haven't even shipped yet.

Estarland is great because you know what you are getting and they have good quality control. Only thing that sucks is the $100 minimum to trade stuff in to get free shipping label. They give you some shipping credit if you are under $100, but it never actually covers the cost to ship.
....I've traded in a bunch of stuff to them before, and I didn't know anything about a free shipping label.

I understand COVID and all, but the last time I traded stuff in to them, they held it for over a month before giving me the credit. I was just banking some credit to use for Black Friday sales.....and then they didn't have one this year.

I still love Estarland, though. :)

Be carful using E-Starland. I use to mail in a lot of games to them, and the last time I mailed $200 of games to them they lied and said half of the items were damaged (I’m a collector, most were never used), and they charged me for the label since they took $100 off the total trade value for the “damaged” games.

I emailed and called them, and the person who I talked to was extremely nasty about it and said there was nothing they can or would do.

They literally straight up scammed me.

I just got my games today. I never received a tracking number and it stayed stuck on preparing for shipment, so this was a nice surprise. I picked up Watch Dogs Legion and Persona 5 Royal during the buy 1 get 1 free sale. Both came with original cases, but unfortunately no steel book for P5R.

....I've traded in a bunch of stuff to them before, and I didn't know anything about a free shipping label.

I understand COVID and all, but the last time I traded stuff in to them, they held it for over a month before giving me the credit. I was just banking some credit to use for Black Friday sales.....and then they didn't have one this year.

I still love Estarland, though. :)
I think it is over $100 in tradeins and at least 10 items triggers a free shipping label. My last trade took more than 2 weeks, but was certainly less than a month. I like keeping credit on hand there for random retro stuff.

Be carful using E-Starland. I use to mail in a lot of games to them, and the last time I mailed $200 of games to them they lied and said half of the items were damaged (I’m a collector, most were never used), and they charged me for the label since they took $100 off the total trade value for the “damaged” games.

I emailed and called them, and the person who I talked to was extremely nasty about it and said there was nothing they can or would do.

Wow that sucks, was this recently? I do not send them anything questionable, but I have never had them reject condition. I have sent quite a few over the years. Is it possible the carrier killed the box in transit?

For pre-owned special editions, you need to order it when it gets converted from new (I purchased 6 "pre-owned" copies a few months back and all had the steelbook + sleeve. I was flipping 4 copies to amazon (2 standard, 2 steelbook) so was able to keep some extra steelbooks lying about :razz: But your best bet now is to order it for pickup at a store you pre-screen on the phone to see if they have the steelbook/sleeve. They used to have them displayed but not so much anymore :oldman:

I've only recently started using them as an outlet for zero value games and haven't had any problems. Just used some trade bonus items or cheap 50% GS stock fodder to get above the 100 for free shipping. I do like the fact they define exactly what a used copy comes with. :bouncy: Ordered some retro games I wasn't too keen on needing the box or manual for. Their stock is pretty barren it seems for systems at the moment.

Yes, I can confirm that it still works. I added it to an item in my cart yesterday then went into the store and used it there. This morning I used it online for an in store pick up purchase.
So if I have the code written down even though it came off my active offers would it work?

Ordered under B1G1 last night:

Super Mario Maker 2 (for the wife, already have the basics Odyssey, 3D, Trop Freeze, U, Yoshi)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (see above)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (I don't Switch but guess I'd see what all the fuss was about)
Ghost of Tsushima

Total $87.67 = $21.92 each. Not a crazy deal for Ghosts but I don't see Switch games go on sale much.

CAG16 did not work for me either.
Aight, Ghosts, Zelda, and D'yer Mak'er (shit, showing mah age) showed up yesterday and Wet Sprocket arrived today.

I'm batting .500. Ghosts looks brand spanking new, not a fingerprint on the disc, all inserts included and Toad is in an original case.

Zelda & Mario in generic cases but ima not too butthurt, means they take up less space when I dump the case. :)

I got my games from last Wednesday, yesterday. Tracking never kicked in. Two new Switch games, both actually sealed.

Yay!

Wow that sucks, was this recently? I do not send them anything questionable, but I have never had them reject condition. I have sent quite a few over the years. Is it possible the carrier killed the box in transit?
It was about 2 years ago. They said that some of the games were scratched & that a $20 item was missing. It seemed like they intentionally lied, because the trade value was $200 and they took off like $102 to put me below the $100 free label value. Then they charged me $30 for shipping. So they gave me $70 for a trade that was worth $200.

Most of the games I sent were valued at like $4 (Xbox 360 and ps3 games). So I assume they were upset that I was sending them “junk” games and decided to drastically decrease what they were supposed to give me.

It was really scummy and hurt since there was nothing I could do about it

I don’t even think I can see what games I have pre ordered instore through the app anymore. Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s lame

So right now, GameStop is selling The Surge 2 Limited Edition for $9.99. On the website listing, both ‘Cyber Deals’ and ‘Doorbuster Pricing All Week’ are called out in different colored font. Was interested in the game, but didn’t want to pay the additional shipping cost. On the game’s page, it showed the option of store pickup as free, so I decided to check whether the local store had copies. Website showed it in stock, so I made the trip there to see if it was new (as advertised), and pick it up. Got to the store and spoke with the associates who checked behind the counter and found two copies. Both copies were gutted (which sucked), but one looked practically new, so decided I would pick it up. Transaction concluded before I realized I was charged $19.99 instead of the $9.99 as advertised. Brought up the $9.99 price on the website, and the associate told me that the $9.99 price was online only, and that if I wanted it at that price, I would need to make the purchase on either a phone or computer, then come back to the store for pickup. I asked if there were any way to price match the website since I was already in the store, especially since the website had mentioned ‘doorbuster pricing all week’ in the listing. He told me no, so I returned the game.

Obviously, there’s a bunch of CAGs who love GameStop, and I can’t grudge you for nailing them when the deals present themselves (like the recent B1G1 opportunity), but goddamn if what I related above isn’t my typical type of experience with them more often than not. I wish it weren’t that way.

Yeah, that’s wrong.  I want to say others were posting about the same situation with the same game like 2-3 months ago as well?  

Yeah, I can understand how associates might have to follow policy sometimes, and the associate tonight was probably doing just that, but I do wonder at what point such policies start to actively push away potential long-term customers. Situations like the one tonight certainly leave me less inclined to consider them in the future. As a specialty retailer, that can’t be something GameStop wants, especially as the shift towards digital products continues. There will likely always be a market for physical/pre-owned games, but the pool of customers are going to get smaller and smaller over time. No need to make a challenging situation even more difficult from self-inflicted/unforced errors.

I know trade values in the app aren't always accurate, but I've never really had any problems.

I haven't updated to the new version yet, and when I went to save some games, the price showed in the trade screen was higher than what I've been seeing in either my saved list or on the desktop site. Yet, after adding them and looking in my saves, the values showed as expected. Maybe these are the pre-sale values before they dropped? Or possibly a preview of what they will get raised back up to?

It was showing values like these

$8 - God of War

$8 - HZD: Complete

$25 - Last of Us II

$20 - Forza Horizon 4

$12 - DBZ: Kakarot

I know trade values in the app aren't always accurate, but I've never really had any problems.

I haven't updated to the new version yet, and when I went to save some games, the price showed in the trade screen was higher than what I've been seeing in either my saved list or on the desktop site. Yet, after adding them and looking in my saves, the values showed as expected. Maybe these are the pre-sale values before they dropped? Or possibly a preview of what they will get raised back up to?

It was showing values like these

$8 - God of War

$8 - HZD: Complete

$25 - Last of Us II

$20 - Forza Horizon 4

$12 - DBZ: Kakarot
It's pulling from an old database. The values never change when you look them up, but after adding them to saved trades, they will reflect the current value.

Haven't been keeping up sorry. My store told me if I preorder cyberpunk that when I get it, they add a 20 dollar coupon to my account. Is that right?

I had enough points to get Fenix Rising for $5 but that put it under the free shipping. Less than $10 for a new game ain't bad though!  I'm glad the certs finally worked out well for once.

Haven't been keeping up sorry. My store told me if I preorder cyberpunk that when I get it, they add a 20 dollar coupon to my account. Is that right?
Technically yes, but make sure your preorder is fully paid off before (not on) 12/10 or else you won't get that $20 GameCoin.

Ordered some stuff on the 22nd, estimated delivery date was the 29th, and it has been suck on "Awaiting Carrier Pickup" with Fedex the whole time.

My games are still not even in the FedEx system yet and it’s been a week. fucking GS.
For some strange reason, Gamestop switched my shipping to USPS without notification. One game just showed up yesterday without any tracking or indication that it shipped. Just make sure you have a security camera or someone at home to get your packages (damn porch pirates are on the hunt).

For some strange reason, Gamestop switched my shipping to USPS without notification. One game just showed up yesterday without any tracking or indication that it shipped. Just make sure you have a security camera or someone at home to get your packages (damn porch pirates are on the hunt).
They might be using FedEx smart post or whatever it’s called. It’s The cheapest option. I have so many cameras on my house. Porch pirates are so bad here. They’re such scum

Dumb question that I cant seem to find a good answer to. Whats the best way to not fuck up their preorder numbers if i dont want a game any more? I pre-ordered and paid off a switch copy of immortals a few months ago. Then switched it to ps5 because I was worried it would run poorly on switch. On Monday I bought the game at Walmart because it was only $50 and they broke the street date. But now i obviously don't need a second copy. Ive already pre-ordered and paid off cyberpunk and mario 3d world. The only thing I have left that im considering a preorder on is ys 9 but thats so far out. I dont want to mess up their metrics because they are actually very nice and helpful at my store. Should i pick up the game and then return it?

Ordered some stuff on the 22nd, estimated delivery date was the 29th, and it has been suck on "Awaiting Carrier Pickup" with Fedex the whole time.
My order was the same but updated randomly yesterday morning to be out for delivery - so there was no scan until the morning of delivery in my case. Be sure to check the FedEx website for tracking and not the Gamestop page. The gamestop page still says "Awaiting carrier pickup" for me and I have the games in hand.

I ordered a Dualsense on Nov 14th. They created a shipping label the same day. After 5 days of no movement I called. I called right when They opened and got right through. Guy put me on hold for about 10 minutes but when he came back said there was an issue at the warehouse and it didn't actually ship and they would over night me one. Got it the next day and tracking on original never moved. So if you guys are not seeing any movement after that many days it might be worth calling.

Dumb question that I cant seem to find a good answer to. Whats the best way to not fuck up their preorder numbers if i dont want a game any more? I pre-ordered and paid off a switch copy of immortals a few months ago. Then switched it to ps5 because I was worried it would run poorly on switch. On Monday I bought the game at Walmart because it was only $50 and they broke the street date. But now i obviously don't need a second copy. Ive already pre-ordered and paid off cyberpunk and mario 3d world. The only thing I have left that im considering a preorder on is ys 9 but thats so far out. I dont want to mess up their metrics because they are actually very nice and helpful at my store. Should i pick up the game and then return it?
Having been a store manager at gamestop I'd recommend at least rolling 5 bucks over y's so it cancels out the cancelled preorder. Then you can get whatever you have on it back.

My order was the same but updated randomly yesterday morning to be out for delivery - so there was no scan until the morning of delivery in my case. Be sure to check the FedEx website for tracking and not the Gamestop page. The gamestop page still says "Awaiting carrier pickup" for me and I have the games in hand.
You'll want to check every option as sometimes the website will list the tracking accurately while fedex/ups won't and occasionally tracking numbers on one or the other will be innaccurate to the number in your order email or on the website under your orders page. The only thing they are consistent with is being inconsistent.

There's some bounce back in trade values for the games that went on sale BF weekend /Cyber Monday. Nothing major, but if you bought and hoped for values to readjust, you did well. Fingers crossed that we'll eventually get a stealth bump on most wanted trades. 

Switch games have mostly settled into $22/25/27 TIV. Has anyone traded and gotten guaranteed $30 base for games in the weekly ad? Paper Mario, NSMBU, and Super Mario Party don't show up as $30 in the system. Donkey Kong and Super Mario 3d All Stars have held their $30 value for several weeks now.    

Did same day delivery for the first time and got a call from Doordash saying (in a somewhat confusing manner) what I think amounts to me not receiving an order. The DD rep I spoke to said they would issue a refund (I paid by debit), and my money would be returned immediately. So far the money isn't back in my account. Is this normal? Shouldn't GS be issuing me my refund? Who do I need to call if the $$ doesn't show up???

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back