2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Immortals is $49.99 at Target.  Buy two copies and get a $50 Target gift card.  Trade the second copy to Gamestop for $25 ($27.50 with PUR, higher if traded towards Cyberpunk).  Effective price for the one copy of the game is $25.  I played a little and it seems really fun, Zelda mixed with AC Odyssey is absolutely the best way to describe it.

So, $100 total upfront gets you:

Immortals: Fenyx Rising for X1/XSX

$50 Target Gift Card

$25 Gamestop credit

https://www.target.c...905#lnk=sametab

Alternatively, you could get a copy of AC Valhalla or Watch Dogs Legion for $35 effectively.

My main GameStop is closing. The one in Wheeling, IL if anyone is in the area. I was also told they are closing around 150-170 stores across the US. The others in Illinois are Rolling Meadows and Antioch I believe he said.

Last open date is 1/7. They had not started putting games up but starting today, most items will be 10% off
Aww man that sucks I live not too far from the Antioch one and I work near the Wheeling location. Thanks for the heads up.

Immortals is $49.99 at Target. Buy two copies and get a $50 Target gift card. Trade the second copy to Gamestop for $25 ($27.50 with PUR, higher if traded towards Cyberpunk). Effective price for the one copy of the game is $25. I played a little and it seems really fun, Zelda mixed with AC Odyssey is absolutely the best way to describe it.

So, $100 total upfront gets you:

Immortals: Fenyx Rising for X1/XSX

$50 Target Gift Card

$25 Gamestop credit

https://www.target.c...905#lnk=sametab

Alternatively, you could get a copy of AC Valhalla or Watch Dogs Legion for $35 effectively.
Does the game run better on series x or ps5?

Lame, no trade in-promo of any kind this week... kinda surprising they want low inventory headed into the last 3 weeks of the year. I think last year they ran +$5 switch almost the entire month. Ahh well  :roll:

But the 50% sale = you could get a great library of PS4 games for cheap! If GS is around 5 years from now I'm sure we will be picking up Miles Morales and Dark Souls for $4  :rofl:

Some trade in prices increased. Zelda Link's Awakening is up to $35. Super Mario Maker is $35. Doom Eternal jumped up to $17.

Those are the ones I bought multiple copies of to trade in during the B1G1 sale. Check which games you want. I'm sure a lot of other games increased in trade in prices.

Some trade in prices increased. Zelda Link's Awakening is up to $35. Super Mario Maker is $35. Doom Eternal jumped up to $17.
Those are the ones I bought multiple copies of to trade in during the B1G1 sale. Check which games you want. I'm sure a lot of other games increased in trade in prices.
LM3, ACNH, NSMBU, PIKMIN, MK8, SM3DAS are the others that hit 35.

DKCTF fell to 27.

Doom eternal went from 10 to 17. Good if you bought sub-$10 copies during $19.99 b2g2.

NSMBUD must have such a high trade-in because there are so many online orders with pending shipping for it still (like mine).

I am SO GLAD I was lazy yesterday and decided to see what was going on for today's Trade in Values.

Looks like meat's back on the menu tonight, boys!

What is the optimum play if I’m not planning on keeping Cyberpunk? Only put $5 down? Payoff the whole thing but then return it?
Pay off in full when you're done dumping all your games so you can get the game coins. Them with g2l trade your copies back in.

One of my B2G1 orders came with a new copy of Splatoon 2 instead of a used. Doesn't make up for a game that is missing in transit (no update since being picked up by FedEx on the 28th and it was shipped Ground, so there should be updates) and 3 sets of games (all different packages) claiming to have been transferred to my local PO on the 3rd but no updates since (and no updates on USPS saying they actually got them). FedEx is the absolute worst.
I'm not sure why you are blaming FedEx for USPS problem. FedEx did their part and transferred it. The USPS is an absolute shit show right now with packages being delayed by weeks or months (even Priority), lost and damaged packages, packages not being scanned until delivered and delayed in the process, etc. I am willing to bet FedEx gave it to USPS as they said, USPS never scanned it despite it being in their possession and now it's sitting in a center right now with thousands of other packages that are also delayed.

Double confirming boost works. I don't know why I thought it was 30% plus the 10% PUR. It's annoying how they advertise everything already including PUR since it's a paid subscription.

I'm not sure why you are blaming FedEx for USPS problem. FedEx did their part and transferred it. The USPS is an absolute shit show right now with packages being delayed by weeks or months (even Priority), lost and damaged packages, packages not being scanned until delivered and delayed in the process, etc. I am willing to bet FedEx gave it to USPS as they said, USPS never scanned it despite it being in their possession and now it's sitting in a center right now with thousands of other packages that are also delayed.
Tell me about it. They're an absolute mess. Things aren't being scanned in for a week. Things being misloaded more than usual. It's awful

Lol @ defending FedEx. Take your obnoxious posting elsewhere, or at least read the entire post before ranting.

Do any other preorders get the boost besides Cyberpunk? I already paid it off to get the $10 coin.
I uhh.. have $5 down on a bunch of Cyberpunks. Sometimes the managers look at my preoder list when I checkin, but they don't say anything. I usually just move it to something later :whistle2: My homestore is kind enough to let me trade in 2 copies of a game as they know my shenanigans already.

LM3, ACNH, NSMBU, PIKMIN, MK8, SM3DAS are the others that hit 35.

DKCTF fell to 27.
Tis the Season for 45.5! :whee:

gYO8cXe.png

Lol @ defending FedEx. Take your obnoxious posting elsewhere, or at least read the entire post before ranting. 
I'm not sure what part was hard for you to understand so I'll break it down:

1. Fedex hands it off to USPS. They did their part. It is out of their hands now.

2. USPS is not scanning it or moving the package along. They are the ones responsible at this point and are dropping the ball.

I don't see how Fedex is to blame for this, especially since USPS are the ones with the biggest problems and delays right now.

I got some PS4 games (new) from the Best Buy Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales, $9.99 each (list 19.99). Not sure if I want to replace them with "GameStop new". :whistle2:k

On the 5th you'll be put in the penalty box for 90 days
In rugby, the equivalent is known as the "sin bin." I like that term better, probably because of the rhyme. :lol:

I bought Immortals today on PS5. $10 coupon for spending $60 would not apply. Manager just took $10 off. Still in my offers. Was able to get it to apply to a Dualsense online

Finally received the last of my games today. Link's Awakening and LM3 came in generic cases. I didn't feel so bad because I just took them straight to Gamestop and traded them in for $38.50 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally received the last of my games today. Link's Awakening and LM3 came in generic cases. I didn't feel so bad because I just took them straight to Gamestop and traded them in for $38.50 each.
Botw was the only game that came without the case for me, it’s been over a week, can I get them to give me a case for botw or do a return /rebuy for a botw game with case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back