2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Botw was the only game that came without the case for me, it’s been over a week, can I get them to give me a case for botw or do a return /rebuy for a botw game with case?
It depends on the store, but others on here have mentioned that they were able to swap cases in the past. Just check online to see if your store has used copies first before wasting a trip.

I bought Immortals today on PS5. $10 coupon for spending $60 would not apply. Manager just took $10 off. Still in my offers. Was able to get it to apply to a Dualsense online
The fine print in the e-mail does say "Coupon cannot be use on POSA, gift cards, new Hardware and new Software." Which is silly that it doesn't apply to new games.

50% off sale isn't too shabby.  Picked up Bravely second end layer, Bloodstained, and pokemon mystery dungeon gate to infinity and a 13 other titles for 109.xx after tax.

I love when I think I got complete games, but then flip it over and see:

XESKPN0.png

50% off sale isn't too shabby. Picked up Bravely second end layer, Bloodstained, and pokemon mystery dungeon gate to infinity and a 13 other titles for 109.xx after tax.
Did you try to have a few for pickup to get $5 off? Anyone know if 50% works in store yet? It didn't yesterday for me :oldman:

Well, I feel silly for trading ACNH, LM3 and Links Awakening on Saturday :( missed out on an extra $55.
Yep, holding onto my Sword / Shields / 3H / etc hoping for a bump back to at least 30!

Dont know why but I ordered the $18 dotd dbz funko advent calendar
I got the Pokemon Advent and can squeeze a few extra chores out of the kids ... daily. Totally worth it!

Where is the extra credit coming from?
30% from putting at least $5 towards Cyberpunk 2077 PS4/XB1. $35 base + 30% ($10.50) = $45.50.

Thank you for telling me the coupon fine print. The account email is in my wife's email address so I had no idea.

GS website banner ad on home page showing 5$ for new GoW, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Horizon etc but still showing at 10$ after I add it to cart. Anybody getting it to show 5$?

XESKPN0.png
I’m usually ok with that. Not GameStop fake printed covers are they? Those you can tell the difference, but alternate covers from bundles or CEs usually aren’t a big deal to me. I can’t think of where those came from though

I’m usually ok with that. Not GameStop fake printed covers are they? Those you can tell the difference, but alternate covers from bundles or CEs usually aren’t a big deal to me. I can’t think of where those came from though
They're the "new" display cases used at GS now that all actual boxes are behind the counter.

Cyberpunk was definitely in the screenshots posted earlier in this thread showing upcoming G2Ls.
Hope so, not planning on G2L it. I have some concerns about how it will run on a PS4 Pro so at least this gives an easy out to try it and see how it runs. Fingers crossed all is well and G2L doesn't matter.

They're the "new" display cases used at GS now that all actual boxes are behind the counter.
Ok, yeah, those suck. When I asked about swapping a generic GameStop preowned cover last time, they offered me one of those. The front had markings indicating display only as well, and it was just standard paper stock rather than glossy if I remember right. Could obviously tell the difference with that. I declined.

*also question about the above post, could someone with cyberpunk CE do G2L trade to get $60 for just the game disc?

Yea, they just swapped the new printouts with the one for the ones they were missing and sent those to me. Usually the "display only" ones have a square price tag and the cover on both sides, but this format is a bit more deceptive.

I like collecting alternate covers as well - like the Mario / Spaltoon start pack covers or bundle versions, but I think these are GS corporate printed out and sent to each store.

GS website banner ad on home page showing 5$ for new GoW, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Horizon etc but still showing at 10$ after I add it to cart. Anybody getting it to show 5$?
It's not always a coupon-in-cart error, I've seen some weird pricing % discounts like it looked up the wrong variable on the website when you refreshed or something. Once you go to the page it shows up correctly.

gmD7Olj.png

I just got off the phone with GameStop customer support. fuck this company. The lady said “we’ll reship it” way too quickly and just said goodbye.

Ron Howard: they did not.

I just got off the phone with GameStop customer support. fuck this company. The lady said “we’ll reship it” way too quickly and just said goodbye.

Ron Howard: they did not.
Yup, this is how Gamestop.com CSRs do (and have always done) business.

It's the reason why I avoid ordering from GS. It's always the last viable option for me.

My worst experiences buying games online are with GS.com. No comparison.

Yea, they just swapped the new printouts with the one for the ones they were missing and sent those to me. Usually the "display only" ones have a square price tag and the cover on both sides, but this format is a bit more deceptive.
So, these look and feel identical to a regular cover except for “display only” where the barcode should be? insides are printed too? Just what you have shown so far is a big improvement over the last GameStop display covers I saw in store. I still wouldn’t want a GameStop reproduction though, no matter how close it is.

Is it normal for Gamestop to charge a hidden, non-refundable handling fee? I went to return an online order today, and I noticed on the packing slip that the prices of the games were deducted by about $0.84 each (this was not shown at all when I was purchasing the games) and an offsetting handling fee was tacked on, and they would not reimburse me for those amounts.

I had tried canceling the order online right away, but their buggy website kept giving me an error message when I tried to do so.

Is it normal for Gamestop to charge a hidden, non-refundable handling fee? I went to return an online order today, and I noticed on the packing slip that the prices of the games were deducted by about $0.84 each (this was not shown at all when I was purchasing the games) and an offsetting handling fee was tacked on, and they would not reimburse me for those amounts.

I had tried canceling the order online right away, but their buggy website kept giving me an error message when I tried to do so.
I would call and complain. especially about the incorrect tax collection

So, these look and feel identical to a regular cover except for “display only” where the barcode should be? insides are printed too? Just what you have shown so far is a big improvement over the last GameStop display covers I saw in store. I still wouldn’t want a GameStop reproduction though, no matter how close it is.
I can confirm that the one I got did NOT have the art on the reverse of the coverart (it was just blank). It also came in a black generic case instead of the clear switch case. However the actual quality of the print/ink was good.. it wasn't blurry or anything.

I would call and complain. especially about the incorrect tax collection
might check the math on that tax amount. Good chance the tax total is the correct % for the original total. They probably adjusted the tax % up to keep the correct total when they did the shipping reduction on each unit.

There’s specific verbiage with the G2L games that I believe only allows a $59.99 value back, meaning if you try it with a CE your only getting $59.99 back.

might check the math on that tax amount. Good chance the tax total is the correct % for the original total. They probably adjusted the tax % up to keep the correct total when they did the shipping reduction on each unit.
Yeah, I checked my credit card statement and it looks like the eventual posted charge has the correct tax; I’m not sure what total the tax in my order confirmation is derived from - it doesn’t seem to be tied to the original prices of the games or to the subtotal including shipping.

Yup, this is how Gamestop.com CSRs do (and have always done) business.

It's the reason why I avoid ordering from GS. It's always the last viable option for me.

My worst experiences buying games online are with GS.com. No comparison.
I would just tell them to fuck off but I got two games I really wanted in the big1.

But yeah it’s prob not worth the hassle anymore. I need to value my time more. This is stupid.

I redeemed points for a $5 Rewards certificate on Saturday but it hasn’t shown up in my active offers. I’m really hoping they get their shit together. I want no part of having to call GS customer service and their long ass waiting times.

I redeemed points for a $5 Rewards certificate on Saturday but it hasn’t shown up in my active offers. I’m really hoping they get their shit together. I want no part of having to call GS customer service and their long ass waiting times.
You can schedule for them to call you back. Then you only have to wait for 3 mins for an incompetent csr instead of 30.

You can schedule for them to call you back. Then you only have to wait for 3 mins for an incompetent csr instead of 30.
I've had to call them 4 different times in the past week about a return/refund they were supposed to put back on my card. They only picked up/called back once lol.

Well consider me educated since I didn't know GS charges you for shipping when you return it. Got a better deal on a game elsewhere and needed to return part of my shipment, so when it came up over a dollar less than I paid originally the guy was even confused for a minute before figuring it out.

I'm not sure when the last time it was that I had actually ordered anything from them online, but I can tell you when the last time is.

GS is like the abusive relationship I was in. We both took advantage of each other, had domestic incidents that ended up in jail for the night, swore we hated each other, etc. but we both came crawling back every time. Sometimes we take advantage of GS with trade in oversights, boomerangs, and unintentional promos and other times they take advantage of us by sending us broken games, sneaking in refurbishment fees, or overcharging us. But we both keep coming back time and time again to do business with each other.

XESKPN0.png

Did you try to have a few for pickup to get $5 off? Anyone know if 50% works in store yet? It didn't yesterday for me :oldman:
Sucks getting display only cases but better than a blank generic case at least.

As for the 5$ off it wasn't on the website when I looked so I assume none of them were available for pick up in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back