2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a mint, used copy of Killzone Mercenary (Vita) yesterday. Probably the best condition used game I've ever purchased from GS, original box, art and everything. 

<p>
Some of our private message boxes just got visited by Ol' Saint Prick. It truly is a Christmas miracle!

"

Sent Today, 03:06 PM
Jingle bells, Cheapy smells. Aircobra got banned and laid an egg. The CAGmobile lost its wheel and IATCG got away, hey. Bells on bobtails ring. Dave is selling games and making spirits bright. Oh what fun it is to ride on a one horse open sleigh and flip games to GS later tonight!

(IamtheDavestGamer sighting)
I don’t understand who that is.

I don’t understand who that is.
Yeah, I’m not involved and am a relative newbie still, but have seen enough that my jaw has dropped a few times. Visit for the deals, stay for the dark comedy horror show behind the scenes and hope you don’t get on the naughty list.

Based on the conversations in this thread I guess there’s no way to price match GameStop for immortals. Also got roped in on the 40 and 5 dollars off!

Yeah, I’m not involved and am a relative newbie still, but have seen enough that my jaw has dropped a few times. Visit for the deals, stay for the dark comedy horror show behind the scenes and hope you don’t get on the naughty list.
Well I guess it’s some dude named Iamthecheapestgamer who i remember well. I’m just out of the loop on alt accounts. He caused a lot of havoc about penny guides. Generally just kinda useless. But other than a few current trolls, I haven’t been around enough to know alt accounts.

We had a lot of “characters” back in the day when I joined. Prob 10 years ago now.

Well I guess it’s some dude named Iamthecheapestgamer who i remember well. I’m just out of the loop on alt accounts. He caused a lot of havoc about penny guides. Generally just kinda useless. But other than a few current trolls, I haven’t been around enough to know alt accounts.

We had a lot of “characters” back in the day when I joined. Prob 10 years ago now.
He reincarnated as "Dave" a year or something ago, pretending to be a Gamestop rep. He survived for quite a while under that rouse. He's come back a few dozen times since then, sometimes as a version of Dave, sometimes as his own persona. "Dave" loves to "rap", hence the message we all got. Unfortunately most of his subsequent posts as other characters have been deleted.

I am immensely fascinated by it all, arguably to the point of guilt-by-association.

I was able to get Best Buy to give me a price adjustment based on Gamestop's advertised price. Did it through chat.
Same here. I had actually price matched the game before when Best Buy had it on sale for $40, then I just did it again to save another 10 bucks. Nice last minute gift :D/

Merry Christmas!

Same here. I had actually price matched the game before when Best Buy had it on sale for $40, then I just did it again to save another 10 bucks. Nice last minute gift :D/

Merry Christmas!
Given that it’s only been out for 3 weeks, I think we’re well within our rights to buy it for cheaper and return with the old receipt (why did I use coins/coupons on it!? Definitely won’t get those back.)

It's not "he".... It's "Maam"..... lol.....

He reincarnated as "Dave" a year or something ago, pretending to be a Gamestop rep. He survived for quite a while under that rouse. He's come back a few dozen times since then, sometimes as a version of Dave, sometimes as his own persona. "Dave" loves to "rap", hence the message we all got. Unfortunately most of his subsequent posts as other characters have been deleted.

I am immensely fascinated by it all, arguably to the point of guilt-by-association.
It's not "he"...., it's "Maam".... lol...

Anyone else having shipping issues? Gamestop tracking says Fedex delivered but they never showed and I definitely never got a delivery.

Any chance the spend 100 get a $15 coupon will work in store tomorrow? Not sure if any promos like these have also worked in store previously despite it saying it’s online only. If it is, I’ll just wait to go in store to pick up some games. Otherwise, I’ll have to bite the bullet and buy online even if it charges me taxes when paying with credit.

Anyone else having shipping issues? Gamestop tracking says Fedex delivered but they never showed and I definitely never got a delivery.
Lots of people are, GS and Fedex has been having BIG issues since November.

For example mine is still stuck in Bellmead, Texas at "Awaiting carrier pickup" for 30 days now. Next week I'll bother with calling GS's customer service since they are NOT answering their site's contact form "what is my package status" section...

extra $5 is back for ps4/ xb1 and switch games, $10 for ps5 and seriesx/s games. possible bump this weekend? perfect storm brewing?
Is there a link to this info, or dates for the promo? I have two Switch titles that currently trade for $5.50, and I'd be happy to swap them on Monday for $10.50 each...

Also -- is CAG16 no longer "stackable" with other promos? Are there no promos that work with things like b2g1 now?

Got about 20 3DS games delivered, and only two complete games. I know the deal but it's still disappointing. I wish there was a better option than hitting ebay for the cases that are freshly taken out of a dumpster.
I ordered 7 3DS games from the weird one day sale on select 3DS games and the buy 5 to get 50% off so the games came out to about $6 each in that order even after shipping.

In that batch I had 2 games that my system wouldn't read at all. I spent about 20-30 minutes extensively cleaning the contacts and finally got them both to work.

One had contacts that just looked really dirty and possibly oxidized. The other it looked like some kid used a pen to draw on the contacts. Some of them were so covered in ink they looked black and I thought they were missing. I was briefly afraid someone popped the cases and swapped the games to trade in for a higher value. Seriously, who covers the cartridge connectors with ink??

I ordered 7 3DS games from the weird one day sale on select 3DS games and the buy 5 to get 50% off so the games came out to about $6 each in that order even after shipping.
In that batch I had 2 games that my system wouldn't read at all. I spent about 20-30 minutes extensively cleaning the contacts and finally got them both to work.
One had contacts that just looked really dirty and possibly oxidized. The other it looked like some kid used a pen to draw on the contacts. Some of them were so covered in ink they looked black and I thought they were missing. I was briefly afraid someone popped the cases and swapped the games to trade in for a higher value. Seriously, who covers the cartridge connectors with ink??
I’m guessing children with markers.

Is there a link to this info, or dates for the promo? I have two Switch titles that currently trade for $5.50, and I'd be happy to swap them on Monday for $10.50 each...

Also -- is CAG16 no longer "stackable" with other promos? Are there no promos that work with things like b2g1 now?
It's in the ad for this week

I love how GameStop has a promo where you get 10 extra per ps5 game yet they don’t have the values for miles morales or demons souls on the site.
Seems like most of the stuff released since the beginning of November doesn't have a TIV on their site. Stuff like Yakuza: Like a Dragon doesn't have a TIV and the only one I've found that does have one is Cyberpunk 2077. Also noticed that a bunch of games dropped in value this week and some don't even reach that $5 TIV minimum anymore.

Everything I picked up during 5+/50% dropped, but the +$5 basically evens it out. DS3: FF was my biggest winner, it's still sitting at $10 base ($16 after promos) and was $8.50 a piece during the sale. Avengers was the biggest disappointment ($15->$10) but only cost $11.50 each, so still some profit.

It's in the Finish the List ad under weekly ad that started yesterday. Cag16 and other promos haven't stacked for quite some time, but occasionally promos mistaken stack, but rarely.

Trade bonus is good through 1/9. B2g1 is good through 1/2.

Best buy chat wouldn't adjust it for me. Said they don't price match competitor's websites, which is flat out wrong. Super frustrating
Ask for their full price match retailer list. Once they give it to you, point out that Gamestop is part of that list.

Even so, their policy states they price match all local competitors within a 25 mile radius from your zip code.

What is considered a local retail competitor?

A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25-mile radius) of your local Best Buy or Pacific Sales store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25-mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/best-buy-price-match-guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

Ask for their full price match retailer list. Once they give it to you, point out that Gamestop is part of that list.

Even so, their policy states they price match all local competitors within a 25 mile radius from your zip code.

What is considered a local retail competitor?
A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25-mile radius) of your local Best Buy or Pacific Sales store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25-mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/best-buy-price-match-guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000
Thanks, I've tried twice with no luck, they just keep copying and pasting the same things. I think what they are trying to say is they won't price match because it's on sale on best buy's website? But they keep saying competitor's website so it's very confusing. I'll try again tonight but one yesterday and one today have said the same thing so probably not going to work for me, but I'll try what you suggested. Thanks for the tip

So the restrictions for the 15 coupon back when you spend 100 includes all new software and all new hardware. So I can’t buy new games and qualify ? I assume they are making you purchase used items to qualify or am I reading it wrong.

The last time I was in GS was to return Sekiro. I had ordered it afew weeks ago and it was supposed to be the GotY edition but I received a vanilla copy. It was surprisingly sealed. The two clowns at the store both told me "I've never even seen a GotY edition." I look for the game on the shelf and see two display boxes clearly marked GotY edition and tell them. Ge doesn't even bother to look and just says "Do you have the card you made the purchase with?" I show him a listing on Best Buy and their site that clearly shows a GotY version. He doesn't budge and processes the return. A few days ago it was on sale at Best Buy so I took a chance. What arrived the other day? A GotY edition of the game.

I did get two cool ugly xmas sweaters there though.
There was no DLC for Sekiro so what's special about the GotY version other than different cover art?

Thanks, I've tried twice with no luck, they just keep copying and pasting the same things. I think what they are trying to say is they won't price match because it's on sale on best buy's website? But they keep saying competitor's website so it's very confusing. I'll try again tonight but one yesterday and one today have said the same thing so probably not going to work for me, but I'll try what you suggested. Thanks for the tip
I just had trouble with trying to price match Gamestop, But they told me Immortals sold by Gamestop was not the same as the one from Bestbuy. After trying to explain they are the same thing I gave up, I'll try again later. I've done price matches with Gamestop in the past so it's just random they denied yours and mine.

So the restrictions for the 15 coupon back when you spend 100 includes all new software and all new hardware. So I can’t buy new games and qualify ? I assume they are making you purchase used items to qualify or am I reading it wrong.
I was just about to place an online order until I read the fine print and saw that myself. There's not $100 worth of used games I want right now. Basically it looks like they want you to buy used games and junk....and who knows if it will be honored for used games when doing a B2G1...with gamestop it's always a guessing game.

That's by design.

I think it means only the coupon won't work on new items, but it seems like new items should qualify to get the coupon.

I'm sure this has been asked, so please forgive me if it has:

I had enough points to cash in for a $5 off online coupon. I have tried entering it and it says it's already in my cart, but the discount is not showing up. Are there restrictions on this coupon? I am trying to buy a "new" copy of a game. Thanks in advance

I take offense to that, flipping back for trade credit has yielded a substantial growth in shit I will never play.
Sounds like the same lot that spend their time trying to flip games.
Yeah, I’m fairly new here again after a long previous hiatus, but from my brief experience this guy seems to be one of the most consistently nasty posters here. I’m not all that active, but I’ve seen 5-10 comments from him like this. People are a mix of good and bad, in my experience those irrationally hung up and harping on a relatively benign negative in others are just doing it to try and make themselves feel better about their own bigger faults. Or worse, when it repeatedly references the same certain type they apparently don’t like as the basis of the insult, just comes across as an excuse to demean or spread negative stereotypes to their socially acceptable target of choice. I think I’ve traded in like 5 games in my lifetime, so his comment is no skin off my back. Not to say there aren’t negative aspects to flipping, but if it’s that much of a genuine concern, there are better ways to express and address it. GSDave’s antics are at least amusing for some and seem to have more thought and originality put into them.

I'm sure this has been asked, so please forgive me if it has:

I had enough points to cash in for a $5 off online coupon. I have tried entering it and it says it's already in my cart, but the discount is not showing up. Are there restrictions on this coupon? I am trying to buy a "new" copy of a game. Thanks in advance
Online certs never work.

Dumb question I know but I don't shop at gamestop much and don't think I every had a promembership. If with current promo I'm trading games I should look at base value and if it's over like $140, then paying for $15 to get pro membership is worth the 10% bonus? Is  my math correct, I'd be getting extra 14 extra making it a wash? I was looking initially at the total value after $5 extra each game then realized that's not the correct way...I think

Went today to ask about getting $10 back on purchasing Immortals for $40 on Xmas Eve even though I used a $5 and $10 coupon on it and it was a no go. Funny thing is the guy knew it was going to drop to $30 and didn’t say anything to me on Thursday. So I ended up using my receipt from Xmas Eve to burn him on the survey. I asked to be contacted by the DM about it since every time I’ve seen this guy working he seems to go out of his way to be an ahole to people.

Dumb question I know but I don't shop at gamestop much and don't think I every had a promembership. If with current promo I'm trading games I should look at base value and if it's over like $140, then paying for $15 to get pro membership is worth the 10% bonus? Is my math correct, I'd be getting extra 14 extra making it a wash? I was looking initially at the total value after $5 extra each game then realized that's not the correct way...I think
It would have to be at least $150 total, base, to make it worth getting.

... Though I guess if you factor in the monthly $5 coupon (that essentially nets you $60 per year, double that if you use it online too), it's a different story.

Went today to ask about getting $10 back on purchasing Immortals for $40 on Xmas Eve even though I used a $5 and $10 coupon on it and it was a no go. Funny thing is the guy knew it was going to drop to $30 and didn’t say anything to me on Thursday. So I ended up using my receipt from Xmas Eve to burn him on the survey. I asked to be contacted by the DM about it since every time I’ve seen this guy working he seems to go out of his way to be an ahole to people.
If you still have the receipt you could have just bought the game again for $30 and then returned it with the $40 receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back