2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few things are actually instock online for shipping at the moment.  Preowned :xb1: Immortals and :ps4: 13 Sentinels, for instance. Had trouble finding a 3rd game though.

I have the PS5 version but I wonder if he was pulling up PS4. I’ll go back tomorrow and show the ad. Thanks for pointing that out.
You can find the trade value link on the item page. Base value is 17. The guaranteed value $25 counts as a promo. The $10 bonus overrides that promo. Hence you get 17+10+1.7 pro=28.7.

I've seen it happen with games like Cyberpunk with advertised (in store placards) guaranteed $30 value. It came up 32.50. 25 + 5 to bring it to 30 +2.5 pro.

2 more games from my 50% off order arrived.  Yugioh came with the case and case art. No cards but eh that's no biggie when it's a miracle it came semi complete.  Lego movie 2 came cart only in a generic case.  Win some lose some. 

Has anyone had their $30 game coin disappear from their account on the website? I still have my emails with the barcode, so hopefully those still work, but doubtful.

Just happened to be tracking a couple of trade in values and see a nice $5 bump on Mario Tennis Aces and Yoshi's Crafted World.  Both went from $20 to $25 this morning.  Just a heads up, I would guess there are more bumps as well.

Just happened to be tracking a couple of trade in values and see a nice $5 bump on Mario Tennis Aces and Yoshi's Crafted World. Both went from $20 to $25 this morning. Just a heads up, I would guess there are more bumps as well.
I'd bet Kart is bumped too; the pre-owned sales price went up $7 to $55. I was going to pick it up yesterday as part of their b2g1 but their stock for shipping is so poor I couldn't come up with 3 games. Today it's out of stock and $55 pre-owned. Nice.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Splatoon 2 went up in TIV to $25 base and $27.50 w/Pro. The $5 bonus trade is still going on.

Anybody having issues using certificates? I had to contact customer service and they reissued my points and had me re-redeem and none of the online certificates are working. Was basically told that I am SOL and need to try back later, but a ticket will be put in on their end.

Anybody having issues using certificates? I had to contact customer service and they reissued my points and had me re-redeem and none of the online certificates are working. Was basically told that I am SOL and need to try back later, but a ticket will be put in on their end.
The online certificates rarely work. Try in store certificates.

The PS classic that's been on sale for $9.99 and had TIV values in the $2-3 range all went up to $10 (Nioh2, MLB20, ECT). Also LOU2 has a $20 base now. Looks like I'll be flipping a few things today.

I went to use the $10 coupon on the Zelda holiday sweater... Coupon would only take $4 off because the sweater was 60% off. Thankfully the employee said it's stupid and manually adjusted it for me to take $10 off

I’ve been waiting for a promo to trade in a few first party Switch games; they have been $30 TIV for a while. I saw the $5 bonus and was going to go for it, but the TIVs have dropped to $25. Any speculation whether that is because of recent sales or just to compensate for the extra $5?

I redeemed a $10 online cert yesterday and it worked.

I’ve been waiting for a promo to trade in a few first party Switch games; they have been $30 TIV for a while. I saw the $5 bonus and was going to go for it, but the TIVs have dropped to $25. Any speculation whether that is because of recent sales or just to compensate for the extra $5?
Hmmm... probably both.

Unfortunately the games that started the day under $5 didn't trigger the +5 on their own. Tried darksiders genesis and marvel spider man among others.
Similar experience - some things didn't trigger. Guess it's better to wait and hope for a bigger bump next week when all the trades from 12-6 drop off :p

Sadly it's a different world now. There are many college graduates now working low wage jobs and are underemployed. You have to compete with people all around the country/world just to get any random job no matter how crappy it pays or how bad you're treated. This makes companies treat their employees worse than ever because they know if you leave they can just replace you with a thousand other people so they don't have to promote you if you don't want to, someone else will be willing to work in the same lower wage position for years and will shut up and take it because they don't have as many choices. I've noticed that hard work rarely means anything anymore. You can work your ass off for years and get scolded by your managers for any minor thing or blamed for things that not your fault, set up for failure, etc. I agree that everyone should do their best job but you also have to give people an incentive to do so. If someone feels hopeless and are mistreated then they will stop putting in effort, it's basically psychology 101. Nepotism is also a big thing which is why wealthy families stay that way and there are so many untalented people who sink companies but think they got into that position because of "muh bootstraps".
While all true, some people are just lazy. Like me. I do minimal effort to stay employed and grind out these last few decades to retirement! :fridge:

Never once did I say anything about anything being the employees fault about their corporate practices. What and the literal fuck are you talking about??

I think 90% of GS policies are abhorrent. I don’t work there and never have, but I would guess their policies towards employees are subpar or worse. That doesn’t mean somebody shouldn’t still try and do the best job they can. Are people saying there is no ability for a regular staff to move up to managerial positions? I know that multiple managerial positions are filled from within. If you think your employer is a douche and you don’t want to work there, then go find another entry level minimum wage job. I’m sure someone is willing to take the GS job and be happy to have it. Being shitty to customers isn’t the solution. And when you do your job poorly, that’s the result. The customer usually ends up on the short end.
GS has quietly eliminated the store Assistant Manager position & are expecting stores to operate with just store managers & SGA’s (what most people call third key’s) & giving shallow promises to the SGA’s of promotions if they perform to corporate’s insane requirements (given the cuts to store payroll & lack of inventory at the stores) in the hope the shallow promises & the SGA’s (in general) love of working “in videogames” will be enough to keep them at GS instead of leaving for another job.

So right now unless you are already an assistant manager & decided to slug it out, there is zero hope of promotion until there is a change in corporate leadership (the head person formerly of Chewy’s is trying to lead a hostile takeover) & policies.

Looks like the new wave of store closures has started.  Lakeland Sq Mall in Lakeland, FL has started liquidation and allegedly a store in Pinellas County will be on the chopping block soon.  

Next time maybe try buying at Target unless you're missing out on rewards. They've been incredible all through Christmas with price matches. I was even denied at my (shitty) Target store on a PM when the B2G$50 Ubisoft promo was going on, but after a 2 minute call they just issued a $25 GC for the PM no questions asked.
Target GC are worthless to me b/c they can’t be used for game currency. Called corporate in store for an hour at holiday 2018 b/c it wouldn’t work before security kicked me out of the store.

Sold the $100 Target GC I was given from work for $85 Amazon from Cardpool (RIP) & bought the currency I was wanting from Amazon.

I have not traded in an xbox one to gamestop before. I reset the console at home before going in and they told me they could not take it if it had been reset and that I needed to set up an account on it so they could test a game. Is that correct? How to do I ensure they do not have access to my personal information?

I have not traded in an xbox one to gamestop before. I reset the console at home before going in and they told me they could not take it if it had been reset and that I needed to set up an account on it so they could test a game. Is that correct? How to do I ensure they do not have access to my personal information?
After you reset it, just make a new dummy account.

It's correct that that's the way they do it. After they test a few games on it, they'll hook it to a machine that wipes/scrambles the data.

While looking through their site for their darned customer service number(which they must have removed again), I decided to check my order status, and while it still is "awaiting currier pickup," I now have an estimated deliver of Jan 9th on their Narvar site..

Too bad my darned Christmas decoration didn't make it sooner, but there is next year...

Most GameStop employees are doing the best they can. There might be a few that (a) intentionally mess up orders or (b) go all 'junior detective' because they feel like making a customer's day worse, but the vast majority of employees (and all that I've dealt with in store) do a good job. I leave them positive reviews every time I can, because they deserve it. It's the same with low-paying jobs everywhere--someone is making out like a bandit in the situation, but it isn't the store employee.

Try the boardroom. Companies usually fail because of mis-management.

A lot of the problems we customers are experiencing are due to GameStop's cut-throat and/or inept corporate policies, not employee maliciousness.

Same with the post office: a lot of the problems with postal service right now are due to mis-management (possibly deliberate). Before the new "management" came in, it was policy for the carriers to deliver all that day's mail, even if it meant overtime. The new management forbade that, and lo and behold, the mail began backing up--even during the 'regular' part of the year: Trump-appointed USPS Postmaster General plans to slow mail delivery | Fortune

I'm not saying don't get angry. I'm saying direct your anger at those actually causing the problems.
Yes, blame the MBA in charge

Anyone here use cashback apps? I'm curious as to whether or not using gamestop credit still gives a cashback option. I don't have credit to test at the moment but I know rakuten will give cashback if I use credit on xbox.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back