2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a few of the games in the ad that runs through january 9th have gone back to full price a week early..like nickelodeon kart racers 2. 

Damn, i was hoping i can get a cheap copy of god fo war disc copy with monthly coupon but i guess the game jump back up in price yesterday.
If you have a Fred Meyers in your area, they have God of War, Nioh 2, Predator Hunting Ground, MLB The Show 20, and I believe a couple other games on sale for $10.

You have to save the code somewhere. This has been talked about a lot.
Not recently. My apologies for not following this thread religiously. I have the email with the code and a barcode so I guess i’m good.

I guess I misunderstood. I thought that you could use the code online and that it would stay in your active offers to use in store.

Not recently. My apologies for not following this thread religiously. I have the email with the code and a barcode so I guess i’m good.

I guess I misunderstood. I thought that you could use the code online and that it would stay in your active offers to use in store.
The only way I've gotten it to work is to put it on my online account first. Then when I use it in store, it is still in my online cart.
In December, I saved the code. When I tried to use it online after using in store it didn't work. I also used it online once and when I tried to give them the code to use in store, it didn't work

I wasn't trying to be rude. I meant that I'm certain how it works. It's not a problem to ask questions! Sorry for seeming rude!

I wasn't trying to be rude. I meant that I'm certain how it works. It's not a problem to ask questions! Sorry for seeming rude!
It’s good, man. I just took it the wrong way.

It looks like they might have fixed the doubling on the monthly coupons. I tried using the email coupon barcode in store and the girl said that the coupon had already been used. She verified that the coupon was gone from my account before typing in the code twice.

It’s good, man. I just took it the wrong way.

It looks like they might have fixed the doubling on the monthly coupons. I tried using the email coupon barcode in store and the girl said that the coupon had already been used. She verified that the coupon was gone from my account before typing in the code twice.
I believe double-dipping on the monthly coupons only works when you add the code to your checkout online but DON'T COMPLETE THE ORDER, then use it in-store. Then it's still in your online cart to use a second time. It only works on that direction, not the other like you tried.

I believe double-dipping on the monthly coupons only works when you add the code to your checkout online but DON'T COMPLETE THE ORDER, then use it in-store. Then it's still in your online cart to use a second time. It only works on that direction, not the other like you tried.
Thanks. I’ve never had it explained that way. I’ll try it out next month.

Heres an odd question you get additional $10 trade in bonus on XSX and PS5 games but technically there no Games that only say XSX on the case so wouldnt this be any Xbox One game??

Heres an odd question you get additional $10 trade in bonus on XSX and PS5 games but technically there no Games that only say XSX on the case so wouldnt this be any Xbox One game??
The bonus showed up when I traded in AC Valhalla for Xbox one so theoretically it would work on any newer game that has the series x banner displayed on the cover art I’m guessing

$5 trade in bonus isn't listed in the ad this week, only $10 on PS5/XSX. Did they kill it early?
Go in store and find out. Or look in the right ad. It’s been repeated that it is in the finish the list ad and not the weekly.

As far as trade in values, some big titles jumped with their sales ending like avengers, doom eternal, forza, and damn i missed this one, watch dogs legion. Immortals is 22 base! I really wish I didn't have such a blind spot for new releases because the mwt list hasn't been updated since september...

GS will stop selling game consoles? This sounds bad guys...

https://youtu.be/hgUIlLTss5w
This was over the policy one region tried to implement that stores would not sell you a console only & force you to buy a bundle of multiple items. GS even sent a memo to stores saying don’t do that.

It’s because right now store employees are rated on how many Pro cards & items per transaction they are selling.

Some Q’s on the current trade promo:

1. Did the issue with Nier not triggering the $5 bonus ever get fixed?

2. Do games like Valhalla & Yakuza on XBox get the $5 or $10 bonus? Also what is the TIV of Yakuza, it’s not on the app.

Thanks in advance.

If anyone is interested, I noticed this morning that I got 10,000 points after I renewed my Pro Rewards membership online on January 1st.  I know that's where it came from because I rarely do business with GameStop.  So it might still be working.

Go in store and find out. Or look in the right ad. It’s been repeated that it is in the finish the list ad and not the weekly.

As far as trade in values, some big titles jumped with their sales ending like avengers, doom eternal, forza, and damn i missed this one, watch dogs legion
You're right, I forgot the $5 wasn't in the weekly.

Imagine quitting your job and making your job to shit talk the job you had. His voice makes me want to fucking rip my eardrums out and I'm from the South.

Additionally the $5 promo was in today's email.

Screenshot-20210103-091328-Gmail.jpg

They're definitely making changes, at least for some areas or accounts.

I have an account that didn't receive the jan $5 monthly until today (1/3).  It states V3 and in-store only.

So I went in store, traded a switch game and got the $5 bonus. Picked up outlast trinity preowned and apparently I got a birthday coupon for 20% off used when the associate rang me up, I thought they did away with those unless I’m mistaken

Doubt anyone is rushing out to trade in Vampyr Switch but it did not qualify for $5 bonus. Base value had been $3, couple of days ago went to $8 so I stilled traded it in.

So I went in store, traded a switch game and got the $5 bonus. Picked up outlast trinity preowned and apparently I got a birthday coupon for 20% off used when the associate rang me up, I thought they did away with those unless I’m mistaken
Funny you mention that. I noticed mine loaded this year.

Doubt anyone is rushing out to trade in Vampyr Switch but it did not qualify for $5 bonus. Base value had been $3, couple of days ago went to $8 so I stilled traded it in.
The games that jumped from sub-$5 to $5+ haven't triggered the bonus. Not sure if anything changed with the start of a new week.

All of my games that had value over $5 got the bonus $5 except Halo 5 and AC Origins. Those 2 i traded in disc only and didn't get the bonus. Coincidence?

Can confirm Predator PS4 still is not getting the $5 bonus, and one of my stores had a CIB Path of Radiance.

On my latest shipment from GS using "free" shipping they actually had a Handling subtotal listed after tax that equaled the reduced the item price.  :shipfree:

Hopefully the trade in value will refresh later this week to qualify for the +5. I got one more salvo ready. Hopefully in 2021 they will have a Cash-same-as-credit promo eventually - think we didn't see one all  year in 2020?  :oldman:

Are employees adjusting TIV's for people? I thought I saw a couple people say yes, BUT I don't want to go to GS to try and trade the games in AGAIN if they're not going to adjust the TIV (since I only have those games I need to trade: MLB, Predator, Nioh 2, etc.)

Are employees adjusting TIV's for people? I thought I saw a couple people say yes, BUT I don't want to go to GS to try and trade the games in AGAIN if they're just going to reject me (since I only have those games I need to trade: MLB, Predator, Nioh 2, etc.)
Basically it's YMMV.

Are employees adjusting TIV's for people? I thought I saw a couple people say yes, BUT I don't want to go to GS to try and trade the games in AGAIN if they're not going to adjust the TIV (since I only have those games I need to trade: MLB, Predator, Nioh 2, etc.)
Neither store by me would adjust. "You get whatever the computer says."

Is there a way to find out which stores may be closing?  I am in the metro Detroit area if anyone knows any stores closing anytime soon.

They're definitely making changes, at least for some areas or accounts.

I have an account that didn't receive the jan $5 monthly until today (1/3). It states V3 and in-store only.
I haven't gotten the monthly $5 yet and it's not showing my current points (just over 5k) or lifetime points (close to 345k). This is the first time this has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back