2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It states V3 and in-store only.
Just checked and for Jan, mine still says "*PUR PRO ONLY - JANUARY - MONTHLY WELCOME REWARD - GET $5 OFF 1 ITEM - V2". I can still add the code to cart and have added it to the apple wallet.

I haven't gotten the monthly $5 yet and it's not showing my current points (just over 5k) or lifetime points (close to 345k). This is the first time this has happened.
My points are fine on the website, but the app sometimes messes up and does the same thing. I also randomly noticed a link to REWARDS QUEST in the account dash board and it shows no active quests. Might be something they continue to do in the future! :p

I guess I must be blessed since not a single gamestop closing within almost 100 miles of me and the young girl working at the closest one and the guy at another one are very polite and helpful.  One I went really out of the way to had a girl with pink hair who helped me get copies of 2 games I was looking for at the time as I called and she put them on hold for me to pick up. Granted I don't frequent gamestops typically so my experiences may be outliers.  The only times I go in are for preordered and ship to store items arrived and rarely the occasional deal. The most recent one an exchange since mariokart wiiu and smash wiiu didn't work which I took to the closest store and she ordered me replacements the same day and they shipped out too.  I guess it just varies by area and junk?  As all the ones I've been too are apparently prestige stores whatever that means.   

Oh I did have that bad experience with the same day delivery game that they left on my front porch step without a bag or anything in the snow storm. 

I was told at a GameStop that's closing that they increase the % off every Thursday. Not sure if it's at all GameStops that are closing or the one I visited specifically. Currently that one had 30% off New, 50% off used.

I guess I must be blessed since not a single gamestop closing within almost 100 miles of me and the young girl working at the closest one and the guy at another one are very polite and helpful. One I went really out of the way to had a girl with pink hair who helped me get copies of 2 games I was looking for at the time as I called and she put them on hold for me to pick up. Granted I don't frequent gamestops typically so my experiences may be outliers. The only times I go in are for preordered and ship to store items arrived and rarely the occasional deal. The most recent one an exchange since mariokart wiiu and smash wiiu didn't work which I took to the closest store and she ordered me replacements the same day and they shipped out too. I guess it just varies by area and junk? As all the ones I've been too are apparently prestige stores whatever that means.

Oh I did have that bad experience with the same day delivery game that they left on my front porch step without a bag or anything in the snow storm.
I wouldn't put too much faith in the closing list. One of my stores was not listed in the closing website and when I walked into the store to use my $5 monthly coupon, it was completely empty except of some gift cards.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the closing list. One of my stores was not listed in the closing website and when I walked into the store to use my $5 monthly coupon, it was completely empty except of some gift cards.
The list is crowdsourced. I hope you contributed by letting others know that store is closing.

The list is crowdsourced. I hope you contributed by letting others know that store is closing.
Yes, I did, This was the beginning of last year. Not many people know about this list. I even told the worker at Gamestop about it.

Do games like Valhalla & Yakuza on XBox get the $5 or $10 bonus? Also what is the TIV of Yakuza, it’s not on the app.
Quoting just because I'm also looking for this info. Wondering if they consider Immortals to be +5 or +10.

I can't be the only one who finds the noon opening time fucking annoying.
I would if I had a reason to shop in them. I only stop in there to cash in my $5 cert for xbox currency. I did notice at the end of December they were changing hours to 11-7 in my area so that is an improvement.

I can't be the only one who finds the noon opening time fucking annoying.
No, I thought I was the only one. My Gamestop is close to a Chickfila and there is always a traffic jam at 12pm. I use to always go right before the lunch rush but now it's not an option.

I was told at a GameStop that's closing that they increase the % off every Thursday. Not sure if it's at all GameStops that are closing or the one I visited specifically. Currently that one had 30% off New, 50% off used.
It's supposed to be every Thursday but all the ones here skipped a week twice.

Probably a stupid question someone has answered in the previous 3800 pages but can the $5 monthly power up certificate be used towards Playstation network credit? I've used it on the xbox credit before but didn't know if it worked on Playstation credit too.

Debating on if I want to trade in my recently finished copy of Origami King. Looks like it would be $33. Does anyone remember if this was one of the higher valued Switch titles before?

Also annoying that games randomly won't show up even if I'm sure they take them as trade, i.e. Sackboy.

Just remembered that I had a preorder I put $5 down on that I never picked up at one of the closing gamestop locations. Anyone know what happens to unfulfilled preorders when a store closes? Do they get moved to another store? Lost in the abyss?

Just remembered that I had a preorder I put $5 down on that I never picked up at one of the closing gamestop locations. Anyone know what happens to unfulfilled preorders when a store closes? Do they get moved to another store? Lost in the abyss?
Possibly lost or moved to next closest location. Would call corporate just incase

Apologies if asked before: are PS5 games not eligible for trade in?

I tried Demon’s Souls and Spider-Man but they never come up on the search listings.

Thanks!

Apologies if asked before: are PS5 games not eligible for trade in?
I tried Demon’s Souls and Spider-Man but they never come up on the search listings.
Thanks!
I have purchased these games preowned. So yes they can be traded in. Just call or ask when you go to the store. PS5 games also have a +$10 TIV now

I used my $10 Cyberpunk game coin on an eshop gift card on 12/31 and when I tried to use the gift card it’s not working at all. I checked the receipt and the cashier never rang it up. Called the store and was basically told if it’s not on the receipt there’s nothing they can do. So I’m out that $10 game coin since it expired on 31st...

I used my $10 Cyberpunk game coin on an eshop gift card on 12/31 and when I tried to use the gift card it’s not working at all. I checked the receipt and the cashier never rang it up. Called the store and was basically told if it’s not on the receipt there’s nothing they can do. So I’m out that $10 game coin since it expired on 31st...
Call Customer Service and click the selection for In-Store Issue or whatever. They could issue you 10k points for it.

Surprisingly good experience with GameStop phone support the last few times.  Fixed or refunded missing or partially missing orders pretty easily.  Stuff that I ordered but somehow went out of stock before being fulfilled over the last few months. They sent a request for cyberpunk gamecoin, that’s likely going to require another call, but i wasn't speaking with the rewards department.  I still consider it a success overall.

What was the coin used on if the employee never rang up the eShop card?

I have purchased these games preowned. So yes they can be traded in. Just call or ask when you go to the store. PS5 games also have a +$10 TIV now
Thank you so much. Going to get $37 for it. I’ve played it back and forth so it was just going to collect dust.

Much obliged.

Went to another store today to try the trades on my Spider-Man and Evil Within 2 again and neither got the bonus...asked “Isn’t there a $5 bonus for games over $5?” He said he would check, walked over to the little thing hanging from a shelf and was like “looks like there’s just a $5 bonus in general.” Walked back over, adjusted the amounts, and the transaction was over super fast and easy. I noticed after that he appears to have accidentally added $5.50 to each and not $5 (ie: Spider-man became $14.30 and Evil Within 2 $11)

Went to another store today to try the trades on my Spider-Man and Evil Within 2 again and neither got the bonus...asked “Isn’t there a $5 bonus for games over $5?” He said he would check, walked over to the little thing hanging from a shelf and was like “looks like there’s just a $5 bonus in general.” Walked back over, adjusted the amounts, and the transaction was over super fast and easy. I noticed after that he appears to have accidentally added $5.50 to each and not $5 (ie: Spider-man became $14.30 and Evil Within 2 $11)
Maybe did the price adjustment to the base then your pro kicked in another 10% on the top....

I did the Pro membership to get the 10K points and the $5 cert printed on the receipt. This was on 12/29, and apparently the code expired 12/31. Do these codes usually expire after 2 days?

I did the Pro membership to get the 10K points and the $5 cert printed on the receipt. This was on 12/29, and apparently the code expired 12/31. Do these codes usually expire after 2 days?
Sadly that's just how the promo worked at the end of the month. The expiration date was set at 12/31 even if you renewed the day before. In my case, I noticed the date before leaving the store. Got back in line and used it on digital currency.

I guess you could call the CS line as it's a legitimate complaint for a promo poorly done. But to me that's like walking on glass for a $5 bill.

Sadly that's just how the promo worked at the end of the month. The expiration date was set at 12/31 even if you renewed the day before. In my case, I noticed the date before leaving the store. Got back in line and used it on digital currency.

I guess you could call the CS line as it's a legitimate complaint for a promo poorly done. But to me that's like walking on glass for a $5 bill.
I’m not going to worry about it, but I thought it was odd. Luckily getting the 10K points and another year of Pro for $5 is good with me.

Did anyone else with a January birthday get the 20% off a pre-owned game coupon?! I am quite shocked to see it in my active offers.[attachment=35164:C8C67BEA-FEBB-4C2A-A52C-688974FE7C88.jpeg]

Just a heads up for those that were asking about which Xbox games would trigger the $10 bonus. Dark Pictures: Little Hope and Crash 4 both have Series X labeled on the case yet only received the $5 bump and not the $10 Series X/PS5 bonus.

My BF order arrived today shipped from a local store 😂[attachment=35167:5E103DE6-3873-4BD0-97A6-6A0A9F1BB368.jpeg]

Can confirm Nioh 2, MLB The Show 20, and Predator still don't trigger the $5 bonus and require employee override. If they do it though you end up with an extra $.50 to put each game at $16.50 instead of just $16.

I have 2 incoming packages with the same issue... one was late by over 3 weeks and the other nearing 1 month, and the response was the same "COVID delays, your package will be there soon!" and they closed the case within 24 hours of me opening the case. In the past, they'd send a follow up survey asking how the USPS did with the issue, no such survey this time around. Both of them are due to my local post office, which is trash.

If it makes you feel any better, I've had tons of packages in the White Plains NY location that did nothing for 2-3 weeks and then did show up. Seems like that's one of the more congested facilities but it seems like they're actually trying to catch up.
Any update on yours yet? Still nothing for me.

Any update on yours yet? Still nothing for me.
Well the one that's over a month late is now 2 months late and I think, can be said is lost. And the other one was just processed through the local international facility... even though it's a domestic package.

Well the one that's over a month late is now 2 months late and I think, can be said is lost. And the other one was just processed through the local international facility... even though it's a domestic package.

I'm thinking mine is lost too, it hasn't moved since December 21st.

The postal network is basically broken in a lot of regions. If you read over at the USPS subreddit (mostly postal employees) you'll see postal carriers reporting insane and previously unthinkable delays for a variety of factors.

Just one example: a sorting plant with 150 workers out on covid quarantine for 14 days in early December. That means there's a backlog of pre-holiday packages that still need to move before new packages can move through. Any package on that route is screwed. There are two specific facilities they refer to as broken but there's probably more than that.

Nope, most likely in a huge pile in there warehouse. There finally starting to get to them, had 2 show up in the last 3 days. Got to give them until February before you can label them as lost.

still have a pending Yoshi order from Thanksgiving day (all other items shipped)...can’t believe it hasn’t been cancelled yet (or shipped)...what the hell are they waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back