2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you even scratch a disc like this.

Doubting I'll even be able to trade it in.

Do they do refurb fees on this sort of thing?
They will if they notice it. It's probably their god-awful refurb machines that did it. That game specifically I've seen this problem with lately. If you can return it, I'd just do that.

I bought GME end of Feb last year, so will sell around March 1st to reduce my tax load! (I'm cheap-ass trader too!) I'm not cool enough to do all the wallstreetbets shenanigans, as the bulk of my funds are in tech / index as that is all I usually feel comfortable with as a salaried grunt working from home and sitting in meetings all day while farming Minecraft Dunegons for a specific armor for my youngest. :oldman:

On topic - my last copies of Street Power Soccer came after a almost a week of pre-shipment - luckily USPS distribution centers are going much faster now. All the XBOX copies were still sealed - PS4 missing shrink wrap. Would buy another 4² DotD again! :bouncy:

Mystery Box #40 is terrible...
Depends on your personal highest tax bracket. If you're in the middle, the savings from income to capital gains may not be worth it with a volatile stock that could drop.

*I'm not a tax lawyer, so do not take this as tax or legal advice.

Looks like most values haven't changed as we head into the last day of the extra $5 credit. God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn still at $4 base. 

The GS salespeople are less lenient about manually adding the $5 bonus for games this time around. They did it for me when Nioh 2 didn’t automatically apply the $5 bonus 2 weeks ago, but this time when Puyo Puyo switch came up as $11 and had no bonus, they said ‘it only applies to games over $20 or on the most wanted list’.

I want to say they made it up but two different stores told me the same thing

The GS salespeople are less lenient about manually adding the $5 bonus for games this time around. They did it for me when Nioh 2 didn’t automatically apply the $5 bonus 2 weeks ago, but this time when Puyo Puyo switch came up as $11 and had no bonus, they said ‘it only applies to games over $20 or on the most wanted list’.

I want to say they made it up but two different stores told me the same thing
Yea, i got denied on the manual +5 bump at my primary gamestop today. The S/L said that "select games" gives Gamestop the autonomy to pick and choose which ones get the +5 bonus.

I wasn't too mad about it, since they cool people and let me slide with a lot of other things.

Pretty decent boomerang for

Gang Beasts
Mortal Kombat 11
Greedfall
Journey to Savage Planet

Paid $30, could get $50 back in TIC.

If I weren't holding out for another $16 TIV per game miracle like a few months back, I would probably trade most the stuff I bought on Black Friday.

Maybe next time the $5 promo happens it wont just apply to select games... and everything that is actually over the minimum dollar limit will qualify. Maybe. Sad that that is even something we have to hope for smh.

My local store is closing (only one in town). Anything I should know to make the most of that?  It's currently at the 10-30% off stage.

My local store is closing (only one in town). Anything I should know to make the most of that? It's currently at the 10-30% off stage.
just check in weekly. find out what day they increase the discount % and go on those days.

Ive actually been stopping into the closing stores around me the last few days because they close on the 24th and used was 70%. used up my trade credit to grab some titles to keep but also boomeranged anything that was eligible for the $5 bonus to another gamestop that wasn't closing.

discovered that the LEGO games on PS4 dont get the $5 bump along with black ops 4 PS4, blood and truth, halo 5, monster hunter world ps4 and ghost recon wildlands ps4

Pretty decent boomerang for

Gang Beasts
Mortal Kombat 11
Greedfall
Journey to Savage Planet

Paid $30, could get $50 back in TIC.

If I weren't holding out for another $16 TIV per game miracle like a few months back, I would probably trade most the stuff I bought on Black Friday.

Maybe next time the $5 promo happens it wont just apply to select games... and everything that is actually over the minimum dollar limit will qualify. Maybe. Sad that that is even something we have to hope for smh.
Having to discuss the $5 promo with an employee is definitely a deterrent. i successfully did it with nioh 2 previously but it was frustrating...pos or gtfo

another source of frustration is the sneaky “after the fact” handling charge...this makes online purchases even less appealing if making a return costs me money/credit

and lastly, i hope GS doesn’t think $25/$30 base is acceptable tiv for $70 games ... cause it isn’t imo

They finally got me to buy some bulk pre-owned games with that 5/50% deal. I was vibing for some Dynasty Warriors mayhem and saw Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate fell under that deal. Ended up with that, Maneater, Onimusha, and some $1 filler for nearly the same price as without the deal. Thanks for dumping your garbage for cheap GS, I actually got a few good games out of it.

Are they still giving 10K points for Pro?

F it. I just joined since i'm gonna make a 5/50% off purchase.   Anyone know how soon I get my welcome $5 cert?

Does the 10% on used games stack on top of the 5/50%?  

wow im really out of the loop. I just read they cut the 10% off used games.

editL

M5MhSsp.png

Has anyone tried to use any certs at closing stores?
I was able to use my monthly $5 one... I didn't even have to ask. They saw it on my account when ringing me up and asked if I wanted to use it. Messes with the closing discount though because the $5 comes off before the % off.

Just dumped some more games so I could get Spider-Man: Miles Morales and only Watch Dogs 2(PS4) got the $5 bonus.   Nioh 2 & Forza 7 still wouldn't trigger the $5 bonus.  So apparently Watch Dogs 2 is on this "most wanted list" that employees are bs'ing us about.

Hmmm...apparently there's a note on my account that I exceeded the monthly trade limit? Is that the trade ban? Don't think I went over the 4 same game limit. How long does this last?

Hmmm...apparently there's a note on my account that I exceeded the monthly trade limit? Is that the trade ban? Don't think I went over the 4 same game limit. How long does this last?
Did you trade in more than 2k in credit or 500 in cash in the past 30 rolling days? The ban will probably last for 90 days if so.

My local store refused to accept any Wii U games, but I called another store and they said they would accept them, so ymmv. Also, for Xbox one, black ops 3 got the $5 bonus but lego the Incredibles did not

Same thing happened to me. It's a trade ban.

I know for a fact I didn't exceed 4 of the same game or the 2k limit. I ended up using my girlfriend's account instead.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm hoping they didn't change the criteria.

Walmart has Octopath Traveler for $10 (check brickseek and Walmart.com first), it trades in for $27 after $5 bonus trade and PUR bonus (10%).

Is there a list of the closing stores somewhere?

just check in weekly. find out what day they increase the discount % and go on those days.

Ive actually been stopping into the closing stores around me the last few days because they close on the 24th and used was 70%. used up my trade credit to grab some titles to keep but also boomeranged anything that was eligible for the $5 bonus to another gamestop that wasn't closing.

discovered that the LEGO games on PS4 dont get the $5 bump along with black ops 4 PS4, blood and truth, halo 5, monster hunter world ps4 and ghost recon wildlands ps4

This is getting Clearanced out at $5 at some of the local Walmarts, and if you strip off the cover and take out the code inside, it's vanilla Sims 4, which is:

Base: $10.00
PUR: $11.00

+ Extra $5: $16
3cd83a66d9c5f85d420fb87ccfc07cb8.jpg

Anyone notice their Gamestops seem to be swapping/borrowing employees from store to store? Might be a pre-cursor to some closings, but haven't seen any sales in my region. Weird seeing a regular employee from one store in another, especially if you're trying to trade in the same set of games O:)

Depends on your personal highest tax bracket. If you're in the middle, the savings from income to capital gains may not be worth it with a volatile stock that could drop.
Yea, unfortunately I don't spend nearly enough time monitoring stocks to ever try to time anything.

Yea, i got denied on the manual +5 bump at my primary gamestop today. The S/L said that "select games" gives Gamestop the autonomy to pick and choose which ones get the +5 bonus. I wasn't too mad about it, since they cool people and let me slide with a lot of other things.
Main problem is that it didn't show up on the weekly flyer the distribute in the store or the weekly ad on the site so they have no fine-print to read. I got all my manual trades in last week so maybe there was a notice passed out to SLs when corporate noticed all the manual adjustments :cold:

Same thing happened to me. It's a trade ban. I know for a fact I didn't exceed 4 of the same game or the 2k limit. I ended up using my girlfriend's account instead. Anyone else have this issue? I'm hoping they didn't change the criteria.
I'm within $100 of the running $2k limit right now and have around 9 games at the QTY:4 limit and did a small trade and purchase today without issue. Though the most recent guy did look at my last few purchases and said "I must really like Street Power Soccer. I sure do! :p (Wonder if they can see the last 5 trade-ins as well....)

Same thing happened to me. It's a trade ban.

I know for a fact I didn't exceed 4 of the same game or the 2k limit. I ended up using my girlfriend's account instead.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm hoping they didn't change the criteria.
Definitely nowhere close to the $2K and I never go past 3 copies of a game in one month to be safe. The only thing that might have triggered it is I traded 2 copies of Sekiro and Nioh 2 on the same day to 2 different stores? Done that many times before though.

Anyone know which games get the special trade bonus in treatment next week?

Looking to trade Immortals (PS4) but wondering if a base of $22 is too low.  I can see (in my imagination) this being the $30 trade of the week. 

Anyone know which games get the special trade bonus in treatment next week?

Looking to trade Immortals (PS4) but wondering if a base of $22 is too low. I can see (in my imagination) this being the $30 trade of the week.
Next weeks bonus is 20% for 3 PS5, Series X and switch games or 30% for 5 games and looks like you can add 10% to those.

People on WSB expecting gamestop stock to go down in price on Tuesday, and the shoot up afterwards.

I know absolutely nothing whatsoever about stocks, but it's interesting to see where it goes. I remember seeing it at like $5 awhile back (it was at like $38 on Friday).

Is there any problems using 3 different $$ amounts of power up coupons on a game that is on sale in the weekly ad? I would like to use a $20, $10, and a $5 on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla which is on sale for $35 this week. I would be using this in store and the $5 coupon would be my monthly one.

Thanks

Is there any problems using 3 different $$ amounts of power up coupons on a game that is on sale in the weekly ad? I would like to use a $20, $10, and a $5 on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla which is on sale for $35 this week. I would be using this in store and the $5 coupon would be my monthly one.

Thanks
Multiple coupons are fine if they are different values, but they may negate the original discount.

So if I use $35 in coupons on a game that’s on sale for $35 the $35 I use will come off the MSRP of $60 making the game $25?
It depends on the type of sale. If it’s a deal of the day or clearance, that is how it would work. If it’s a standard price reduction, coupons should combine with it, making the game free. GameStop doesn’t always know the difference or code it right, but that’s usually how it works. You probably just have to try in store and see, let us know how it goes! If it doesn’t stack with the discount price, you can show the online price on your phone and ask if they could honor it with the coupons too, but they would be making an exception and “doing a favor” if it doesn’t ring up free initially.

Since it looks like just a standard sale, my guess is the game should be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back