2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see Fedex returning as the primary shipping method now. Picked up a few things on the 50%/$5 as they popped into stock. :hot:

The +5 worked for me on Sunday with Octopath Traveler.
Interesting, so it seems like it's still an active promo. I assume it won't stack with the advertised +30% for trading in 5 games, but if anyone does trade in this week, lettuce know how that goes!

There was a decent restock yesterday. Wii, DS, PS3, and a few others
Yep, some nintendo portables also came back including a few special editions I was willing to gamble on for the shelf! O:)

Do we know what the "new" limits are?
I dunno if its changed from the 2k/500 or 4 per game. But always interested figuring out any new rules to keep in mind. My data:

- ~$1900 trade + $0 cash rolling 30 days. (12-26 to today)

- 8 games at 4 copies. (12-26 to today)

- Highest single transaction trade was ~$600 (12-26 = first day of +5 promo),

- Traded in 3 copies of the same game same day at 3 different stores (1-9 = Spider-man PS4).

- 2 copies of the same game on the same transaction (12-8 = New Super Mario Bros Deluxe and Link's Awakening)

The website restricts any kind of cert from applying to a game that is already discounted from another promo. So that maybe the case with the $5 game you're attempting. But hey if you get to the point of giving up on it feel free to send the code by pm.
So basically, my welcome bonus, any $5 monthly reward certs, or certs i get from pro points don't stack on top of like a 5/50% promo?

Fun fact about liquidating stores, you can still use giftcards/TIC. Hit a store that was 70% on Saturday and picked up anything trading in for over $5 for the trade bonus, traded at another store, then went back and bought some more. Also got their PS4 kiosk with TV and camera for $60 (which I paid in TIC). They're waiting to hear back from Nintendo to see if they can sell the Switch kiosk as well.
YMMV on this. Through the last few waves of closings, certain districts I've visited have disallowed gift cards as payment. It was a real bummer driving 40 miles last week to find that out and leaving with the same 1k I had in trade credit when there was plenty I would have bought to trade for the +5.

That's what I thought, I'll have to try again tomorrow to see what happens.

It's just a super weird situation, since the Assistant Manager at that store called me out on flipping during the great 4 for $20/$5 trade bonus around Thanksgiving 2019. He was cool with it, and we ended up becoming friends. Since I was in there so often anyway, he would use my PUR account to pad his numbers when people didn't have one. I haven't really talked to him in a while, (not sure if he even works there anymore), that's just another possible angle here.
That could be another flag

Glad to see Fedex returning as the primary shipping method now. Picked up a few things on the 50%/$5 as they popped into stock. :hot:

Interesting, so it seems like it's still an active promo. I assume it won't stack with the advertised +30% for trading in 5 games, but if anyone does trade in this week, lettuce know how that goes!

Yep, some nintendo portables also came back including a few special editions I was willing to gamble on for the shelf! O:)

I dunno if its changed from the 2k/500 or 4 per game. But always interested figuring out any new rules to keep in mind. My data:

- ~$1900 trade + $0 cash rolling 30 days. (12-26 to today)

- 8 games at 4 copies. (12-26 to today)

- Highest single transaction trade was ~$600 (12-26 = first day of +5 promo),

- Traded in 3 copies of the same game same day at 3 different stores (1-9 = Spider-man PS4).

- 2 copies of the same game on the same transaction (12-8 = New Super Mario Bros Deluxe and Link's Awakening)
Right there with you at 1900 on main account and qty 4 for 6-7 games. 1000 on two other accounts. Only duplicate game on a single transaction was when they gave me 2x Super Power Soccer for XB1 instead of 1 for each system. (I point out those errors for the employees I get along with) I'd be surprised if they actually changed anything as far as the limits.

So basically, my welcome bonus, any $5 monthly reward certs, or certs i get from pro points don't stack on top of like a 5/50% promo?
Pretty much. Or they discount the original price before the 50% discount if you're lucky.

Are you able to get iTunes cards with trade credit and/or your rewards certificates?
No

There was a decent restock yesterday. Wii, DS, PS3, and a few others had some games come back. Wii and PS3 are likely to be disc only, so a gamble there. Afrika for PS3 came in stock, but is 59.99. I saw 2 available for that, was available for about 4 hours or so.
And, if similar to last year's restocks, likely to be damaged. PS3 especially.

And, if similar to last year's restocks, likely to be damaged. PS3 especially.
Very true, buying from gamestop is always a gamble, especially older gen. I've received damaged Godzilla ps4 and ncaa football 14 copies, which is disappointing. Recent games I've received have all been fine, but i know others who received several games recently that can't be read. Always have to be prepared to make a return.

Very true, buying from gamestop is always a gamble, especially older gen. I've received damaged Godzilla ps4 and ncaa football 14 copies, which is disappointing. Recent games I've received have all been fine, but i know others who received several games recently that can't be read. Always have to be prepared to make a return.
Yeah I ordered tales of xillia for ps3 and it came in a generic case with faded pegi cover art but its the na disc so that was the weirdest order I think I've ever gotten.

Interesting too that it came so quickly given that I only ordered it maybe 2 days ago.

YMMV on this. Through the last few waves of closings, certain districts I've visited have disallowed gift cards as payment. It was a real bummer driving 40 miles last week to find that out and leaving with the same 1k I had in trade credit when there was plenty I would have bought to trade for the +5.
Sorry to hear that, thank you for the info. I felt dumb for even asking, and when she enthusiastically told me I could use them I was shocked.

There was a decent restock yesterday. Wii, DS, PS3, and a few others had some games come back. Wii and PS3 are likely to be disc only, so a gamble there. Afrika for PS3 came in stock, but is 59.99. I saw 2 available for that, was available for about 4 hours or so.
Actually there is restock everyday. Usually happen in the morning 7-8 EST. I saw that Afrika too. I am looking for some ds games. Complete half of the buying list for ds in only a week.

I was able to grab several pokemon games, professor layton, chrono trigger, and other titles. Using that buy 2 get 1 pre-owned games 50% off on pokemon games is really a steal for me. Hoping I receive the authentic copy!

Got my 7 PS4 games in from the 50% deal a few weeks back. Surprisingly, all of them came in the original cases. A little rough here and there, but nothing unusable. Probably one of the better gets from GS in the last year.

Now, they just need to deliver the games that I ordered on 12/14, and have been stuck in CA since 12/20...

Anyone had luck finding pre-owned PS5 games?

I do know they exist at stores to some extent. But I can't find any kind of listing on their website.

Anyone had luck finding pre-owned PS5 games?

I do know they exist at stores to some extent. But I can't find any kind of listing on their website.
I went to a store around Christmas time and just asked the associate what preowned PS5 games they had if any and he told me since they don’t have much and it’s how I was able to get Miles Morales for about $30 after using the $10 coupon they were giving out in December.

Actually there is restock everyday. Usually happen in the morning 7-8 EST. I saw that Afrika too. I am looking for some ds games. Complete half of the buying list for ds in only a week.
I was able to grab several pokemon games, professor layton, chrono trigger, and other titles. Using that buy 2 get 1 pre-owned games 50% off on pokemon games is really a steal for me. Hoping I receive the authentic copy!
I would never risk this. All will be loose, some might be fake, some might look like someone shit on them, all will be returned.

So long as the pokemon games aren't gen 4 then they should be legit. As gen 4 is really the only one that gets counterfeits frequently due to how much soul silver and heart gold are going for.

That's why I order 2 when purchasing a used game from GS.
shit I must have ordered 11 copies of Ys 8 before I got a complete one that wasn't cart and case without case art or cart only in a generic case.

My order from the 50% off also partially came today. Some in a box and 2 in bubble mailers.

one ps4 game came disc only in a yellow envelope. spongebob squarepants bikini bottom rehydrated (good thing I keep spare cases from the crappy cheap sports games)

1 case but no case arts resident evil 7

sekiro came complete as did shemue 3

switch games 6 out of 7 came complete and the 7th nba 2k playgrounds 2 was just missing the case art.

Add that with the xillia 1 from earlier and thats 1 caseless, 1 generic case, 3 without case art and 8 complete.

Impressive for gs.

So long as the pokemon games aren't gen 4 then they should be legit. As gen 4 is really the only one that gets counterfeits frequently due to how much soul silver and heart gold are going for.
I don't know why but the price for ds pokemon games are soaring recently. The manual for soulsilver or heartgold could worth 50. :shock: :shock: :shock:

True, handful of games trickle in each day. Guessing hiding stock in stores and then selling via online helps boost their ecommerce sales numbers.

My Pro Day hope is I need Immortals to be $30 new again
If you really want it new that's one thing but it's under $30 for a pre-owned copy right now which means it qualifies for the 50% off 5. I got a copy of it on xbox for just under $15 yesterday. Unfortunately I also bought the ps5 version as my 30% off with hitman 3 title for $26 because I'm dumb. lol

If you really want it new that's one thing but it's under $30 for a pre-owned copy right now which means it qualifies for the 50% off 5. I got a copy of it on xbox for just under $15 yesterday. Unfortunately I also bought the ps5 version as my 30% off with hitman 3 title for $26 because I'm dumb. lol
No used copies in my area that’s the route I wanted to go

so the trade deals are:

20% more toward 3 Ps5/switch/Xbox1
30% more toward 5 Ps5/switch/Xbox1

and 30% towards super Mario 3d world
Is their a minimum value amount on those (like the $5 min previously on the extra $5)?

Nevermind. Didn't realize it was new gen only.

So anyone actually trade stuff in this week and can report on if the +30% stacks with the +10% pro and/or if the +5 is still active?  :razz:

I'd be willing to put 5 down on 3D Bowser's Fury.... 2 bonus posters! (does this promo require 5+ trade-ins as well?)

My store closing is selling the sound system with speakers. Anyone know if that setup is worth $60 and taking a ladder to get it out of the ceiling?

I'm curious if the pro day will also lower the price of the preowned versions of those ubisoft games and make watch dogs and valhalla count toward the 50% off 5 or more under $30. I'll have some in my cart ready to go just in case. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back