2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else seeing a coupon in their Active Offers for save $10 on Days Gone? The coupon looks like it only works in store. The game is on sale for $18.99 (pre-owned) and with the coupon it would come down to $8.99.
While that is a great deal, just bear in mind days gone is included with ps+ collection- if you plan on getting a ps5 and have ps+. It’s a fun game!

I am having technical error issue when trying to checkout at gamestop. Anyone else having this issue?

While that is a great deal, just bear in mind days gone is included with ps+ collection- if you plan on getting a ps5 and have ps+. It’s a fun game!
Do you know how long it will be on the PS+ collection? I don't plan on getting a PS5 until a Slim version comes out.

Around black friday was the first time i heard of it. But i also hadn't made a gamestop purchase prior to that in a long time. Does the 5/50% happen often? And what's the max you guys have seen? I saw 19.99 and 29.99
I think it was early summer 2020 they started getting desperate to clear preowned inventory. The promo might not have been every single month since then but it seems like most of those months had the promo in some form. Highest I've seen it was 39.99 briefly. Usually 19.99 or 29.99.

PSA Gamestop points can be used towards certificates. 50,000 points gets you a $50 certificate. By stacking a $50, $25 and $15 you can get a maximum of $90 off a purchase. The website states you can only use three a day else wise the maximum would be $105. This will be insane. First the stock goes up and now this.

Click on your name/member level than rewards center. They have a $5, $10, $15, $25 and $50. They also have a Membership renewal. If I am not mistaken you get 10,000 points and a $5 coupon on renewal so maximum is $95 assuming you can stack all five $115. I have used my renewal and monthly coupon which are both $5 on the same transaction this is insane. Finally those points do something and employees will stop questioning my point total. Renewals are also 15,000 points but you lose a point as a result.

TNUqkk2.png

The info about certs is good, that’s a lot of points!  What are you talking about this will be insane though?  Using your points?  I don’t get why you said that a few times.

PSA Gamestop points can be used towards certificates. 50,000 points gets you a $50 certificate. By stacking a $50, $25 and $15 you can get a maximum of $90 off a purchase. The website states you can only use three a day else wise the maximum would be $105. This will be insane. First the stock goes up and now this.

Click on your name/member level than rewards center. They have a $5, $10, $15, $25 and $50. They also have a Membership renewal. If I am not mistaken you get 10,000 points and a $5 coupon on renewal so maximum is $95 assuming you can stack all five $115. I have used my renewal and monthly coupon which are both $5 on the same transaction this is insane. Finally those points do something and employees will stop questioning my point total. Renewals are also 15,000 points but you lose a point as a result.

TNUqkk2.png
OMG close some of those tabs hahahahahah

The info about certs is good, that’s a lot of points! What are you talking about this will be insane though? Using your points? I don’t get why you said that a few times.
You can finally use points towards something. Not a high score. Something useful. You can finally use your points towards goods. Employees always questioned my high score. To anyone that shopped this store frequently knows points build up fast. Buy 6 or 7 consoles as gifts during the holidays and you end up with 100-400k points. Those 400k points are worth $400 in rewards.

TNUqkk2.png
Unless I'm mistaken, this has always been the case. The certificates never work though (at least the online ones).

I have been getting this error for a while, haven't bought anything from them in months. But the best GameStop deal was on their shares when they were <$20 :rofl:
Thanks. I just called them and no straight answer given. Hopefully just a sitewide issue

Thanks. I just called them and no straight answer given. Hopefully just a sitewide issue
Is it a item in the cart error logout clear cookies add a item to your cart while logged out then login. If it is the error amount is not valid $5 monthly coupons cannot be used on items that are $5 unless they are shipped. If it is a error near the place order part it could be that your banned or your card is banned. Try another credit card.

BTW, are you that Phoenix Resale guy? He's the only other person that would have that many points lmao.
Not sure who that is.

whoops this was gamestop thread.  i cleared out a good chunk of the 5 for $10 today.  sister those i spent hundreds in there.

TNUqkk2.png
We all know what's in that "Stuff" folder, you naughty devil. :booty:

Still trying to figure out if it's just a subtle brag about having 5.5 million points. I get remarks just by have 1 million lifetime.

Around black friday was the first time i heard of it. But i also hadn't made a gamestop purchase prior to that in a long time. Does the 5/50% happen often? And what's the max you guys have seen? I saw 19.99 and 29.99
5 for 50% has been done off and on since may of last year. At one point I think it ran for 6 weeks straight.
I think it was early summer 2020 they started getting desperate to clear preowned inventory. The promo might not have been every single month since then but it seems like most of those months had the promo in some form. Highest I've seen it was 39.99 briefly. Usually 19.99 or 29.99.
Damn I think I may have missed when it was above 30.

TNUqkk2.png
This is what I did with the consoles. $50 and $25 certs on each system, plus a $10 from Watch Dogs Legion on the XBox and the Nov. $5 on the PS5 so $85 off the XBox and $80 off the PS5.

Lifetime savings seems pretty low. I have $3k membership value on 1m points.
Something else doesn't add up here. 5.5m points is over $180,000 spent just at the old Pro 30pts per dollar.

Who would have a membership and accumulate 5m+ points and never have an employee say something about using those points for certs, renewals, donations, etc., and think they're for a "high score?" Not a person who claims to buy 6 or 7 consoles as gifts around the holidays and *just at Gamestop*. Who has a Gamestop PUR account and is just blissfully unaware of its benefits?

I'm confused. Is this whole "posting pictures of millions of GS points and pretending not to know what points are or how they got them" some sort of inside joke or something?
What do you mean? If you're on CAG and don't have over 1mil points, you aren't flipping Plants vs Zombies hard enough.

Anyone else's active offers cluttered even more with "PUR Perks" on games you've probably bought and traded in a few times? (all $10 off PS4 games oddly... assuming full MSRP and can't combine with any other promos... )

Anyone else's active offers cluttered even more with "PUR Perks" on games you've probably bought and traded in a few times? (all $10 off PS4 games oddly... assuming full MSRP and can't combine with any other promos... )
Yeah, I've got offers for $10 off

Days Gone

Iron Man VR

Nioh 2

Predator Hunting Grounds

Death Stranding

You guys realize it's a troll that photoshopped that to look like a bunch of points right? My membership value is higher than that and I have significantly less lifetime points. Like not even $1m lifetime.

You guys realize it's a troll that photoshopped that to look like a bunch of points right? My membership value is higher than that and I have significantly less lifetime points. Like not even $1m lifetime.
Wouldn’t it be possible to gain those points by trading in a lot and only ever buying gift cards and therefore no savings.

It's DaveM or IATCG or some BS again. Hessler2 just PMed me "What are the best flips/loopholes right now?"

Pretty much. My ignore list has grown exponentially in the last month with however many users claiming “I haven’t shopped at GameStop in eleven years so if I’m asking this question if something has changed”

weird my cart broke so i signed out and signed back in. it's working now but the $5 coupon that was saved in my cart is gone. Guess they figured out i used it in store yesterday lol

Is it a item in the cart error logout clear cookies add a item to your cart while logged out then login. If it is the error amount is not valid $5 monthly coupons cannot be used on items that are $5 unless they are shipped. If it is a error near the place order part it could be that your banned or your card is banned. Try another credit card.

Not sure who that is.
Thanks so much! That did the trick. Clear cookies, add an item, and then login. :)

I figured out what it was; the technical error occurs when you have the $5 monthly coupon saved into your cart. If you've already redeemed the coupon in store you'll get the error.

It'll no longer be an issue once the new month kicks in.

Sadly no. They might do another $5 bonus in 3 months or 6 when E3 comes up.
Looking at my trade in history, +5s occurred more frequently than once every 2 months for switch anyways :razz:

If you've already redeemed the coupon in store you'll get the error.
Just to add a comment - you can still double dip the Jan coupon. I used mine in-store 1st week, then waited 2 to use it online for a pre-owned console. Just save the coupon string!

over 400 trade value changes today, mostly up, a handful went down
Woo...Civ 6 $5 base! uhh... I have too many filler copies of this... Galak Z still $3 :oops:

Looking at my trade in history, +5s occurred more frequently than once every 2 months for switch anyways :razz:

Just to add a comment - you can still double dip the Jan coupon. I used mine in-store 1st week, then waited 2 to use it online for a pre-owned console. Just save the coupon string!

Woo...Civ 6 $5 base! uhh... I have too many copies of this... need another +5!
Using the coupon code again online seems to be ymmv. my code broke my cart after i used it in store. it also won't let me add it back to my cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back