2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
what time is the site restock usually?
hoping to pick up a 3ds
3ds systems restocked about 4 times this past week. Last time was earlier yesterday morning. You might get lucky next week.

I got 5 different ones ordered, 2 arrived yesterday in pretty good condition.

I got nes, snes, zelda black/gold, persona q, and pokeball 2ds xl ordered. Almost all variants were available this past week. Feb 3 was the biggest restock.

Restocks mostly happened around 2-4 pm central, but some were around 4am to 6am central.

3ds systems restocked about 4 times this past week. Last time was earlier yesterday morning. You might get lucky next week.

I got 5 different ones ordered, 2 arrived yesterday in pretty good condition.

I got nes, snes, zelda black/gold, persona q, and pokeball 2ds xl ordered. Almost all variants were available this past week. Feb 3 was the biggest restock.

Restocks mostly happened around 2-4 pm central, but some were around 4am to 6am central.
Wow, I did not know this

How do u even know when they restock? U keep checking 3DS on the site?

My Hylian 2DS and a Metroid 3DS are slated to come on Tues I’ll update w/ a pic as well. Sorry to hear Davem’s luck ran out on those SNES/NES ones! I wish Nintendo could have done a better a design on those too. I liked the GBA SP NES one better.

It doesn't apply to every game like Bestbuy. Mostly the major releases but not as many as Bestbuy. With G2L and trading them back in you profit $10 in gamecoins but that is a huge waste of time. I do the G2L thing when trying to determine if I like a game or not. So far it saved me $0 though. Haven't done a single G2L.
Totally disagree. G2L and gamecoins are the best thing gamestop does.

If you're smart, you trade toward a pre-order that gives a trade in boost and has a game coin.

Even if the game doesn't have a trade in boost associated with it, and only has the game coin, it is THE best way to convert points to TIC. Pay off in full with cash or whatever for the preorder before it comes out, then the day you pick it up say you are going to use your points instead.

Wow, I did not know this

How do u even know when they restock? U keep checking 3DS on the site?
I monitor the general stock of the site as well as specific items I'm interested in. It doesn't catch everything since some items are randomly not displayed in search results. Gamestop actually had SNES, N64, NES, and Gamecube game restock this past week as well, but it was like only 1 or 2 games per system, and nothing really interesting. Retro stock is really sad. Wii and Wii U stock is getting low again also.

I think starting at the beginning of 2019 I stopped getting points for trades in cali. I thought there was something official about this because some of the rules for cali are different when it comes to trade laws. Like we get 50% boost instead of CSAC.

But whenever I casually mention it to an associate they are adamant that I still get points for trades.

Anyone else in cali been getting points for trades? Maybe they just took the perk away from my account. But I've never been flagged or perma banned or anything.

So yall remember that $20 switch dock sale last October? Well I picked up 2+1 (they somehow magically came back in stock later that day), and just kept them in my car trunk so whenever I drop by a GS ask if they have special edition docks recently traded in. (the generic "what's up - anything cool traded in recently" greeting) If so, then ask kindly if they would let me swap since they aren't differentiated in the system. Luckily since I'm pretty much considered a regular at most my local GSes now have gotten the Smash + Pickachu/Eevee + Diablo docks for "Free". Unfortunately the Diablo dock was a bit dinged up when I inspected it closely today, but still like it! (I played D3 for a long-ass time on PC) Did the normal random sale of the week (4/$30s, 5/$10s) with GPGs as a "thank you".

So highly recommend keeping docks-in-the-trunk! Especially now since they are starting to install the glass display cabinets that show off their pre-owned systems. :beer:

My Hylian 2DS and a Metroid 3DS are slated to come on Tues I’ll update w/ a pic as well. Sorry to hear Davem’s luck ran out on those SNES/NES ones! I wish Nintendo could have done a better a design on those too. I liked the GBA SP NES one better.
yea, if the top cover had the SNES power on/off like the SNES classic, or NES d-pad + buttons could be pressed, would be much cooler. I do like the NES GBA - but that's never in stock... almost probably easier to just buy the shell. :oldman:

3ds systems restocked about 4 times this past week. Last time was earlier yesterday morning.
I usually just have a few 3DSs in my wishlist and check that - when one of the common ones come instock I usually check the few I'm still interested in - kinda annoying how some aren't wishlistable. :bomb:

I haven’t been getting points on trade ins for a while now as well. Last transaction I bought a 50 dollar Psn card with credit and got no points either, are we supposed to get points on digital cards?
I get 20 points per dollar for gaming currency (eshop/xbox/etc) as well as trade-ins, could be a state by state thing. Also don't pay tax when using trade-in credit. Unfortunately, online orders with trade-credit charges sales tax, but oddly its 1% lower than actual in-store sales tax, so sometimes when you return something and they include tax correctly w/o the handling fee deduction... you make a few cents O:)

Does anyone know if the new Mario themed switch can be preordered in store? Thinking about trading in my V1 for it and hoping this won't be a mad dash to find one on the 12th since I have to work.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the new Mario themed switch can be preordered in store? Thinking about trading in my V1 for it and hoping this won't be a mad dash to find one on the 12th since I have to work.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Since the announcement I have seen no retailer offering pre orders. Seems crazy. Sounds like mad dash on the 12th.

I think starting at the beginning of 2019 I stopped getting points for trades in cali. I thought there was something official about this because some of the rules for cali are different when it comes to trade laws. Like we get 50% boost instead of CSAC.

But whenever I casually mention it to an associate they are adamant that I still get points for trades.

Anyone else in cali been getting points for trades? Maybe they just took the perk away from my account. But I've never been flagged or perma banned or anything.
Not for a long time. I thought at this point that everyone had been converted to the new system where you don't get points for trade ins. The official terms stopped mentioning them when they changed the program to the new garbage one.

So I dono if it's been answered but it'll keep saying it's preparing or waiting for a pickup but alot of the time it's already shipped. The tracking number that is given to you may say it's for the usps but try putting the tracking number on the FedEx website or UPS. Ive mostly gotten my stuff through FedEx. Yeah the gamestop website it messed up when it comes to tracking your package but at least they give you the tracking number
So crazy thing is I got the game in the mail this past week yet I never got an email saying it shipped and their site still says preparing for shipment with no tracking information or anything.

couple 3ds bundles available on the site right now

also some copies of Death end re;Quest 2

only mentioning cause I was trying to hunt down some idea factory games earlier and was having no luck

So crazy thing is I got the game in the mail this past week yet I never got an email saying it shipped and their site still says preparing for shipment with no tracking information or anything.
This happened to me when I bought two games on Thanksgiving.

ive traded in 4 copies of a game on xbox and ps4 without problem in january

they only take 2 at a time though

one employee makes up their own rules and will only take 1 at a time so i started dodging them

Trying to add a clearance new game to reach over the $35 shipping limit, anyone got any suggestions? I know of Disgaea 4 plus for 12.97 and dungeon crawler snack world for 17.97, but is there a search string to find out which other games are clearanced?

Trying to add a clearance new game to reach over the $35 shipping limit, anyone got any suggestions? I know of Disgaea 4 plus for 12.97 and dungeon crawler snack world for 17.97, but is there a search string to find out which other games are clearanced?
I would just set up the search page showing all games and crtl+f .97.

My V2 coupon disappeared after using it online first this month. (Last month I used it in store first then online a week or so later). Sad panda! :drool:

Store I asked said it was "first come first serve" - Maybe they'll open before 12 on Friday? I'm not digging the two tone design with no "flair". I need flair! :spam:

Not for a long time. I thought at this point that everyone had been converted to the new system where you don't get points for trade ins. The official terms stopped mentioning them when they changed the program to the new garbage one.
It still shows up on the PUR page for me when I click to find more info. ( https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/ )

55IXwF0.png

Dang no 5/50% this week.
Our best hope is President's Day Sale starts early sometime this week! 4/$30 and 5/$10 still work in store at least. Slim pickins. :shock:

ive traded in 4 copies of a game on xbox and ps4 without problem in january
they only take 2 at a time though
one employee makes up their own rules and will only take 1 at a time so i started dodging them
They're only supposed to take 1 copy of each game per platform at a time. That's company policy

Anyone having issues checking out at Gamestop?

keep getting this

Oops! Looks like we encountered an error. Please try again. If you continue to have issues, try another payment method.

I just talked to GS customer service and they are aware of the situation about everybody not being able to redeem points for certificates and they told me it should be fixed by next week. Sucks I wanted to use a cert when I pick up Super Mario 3D World on Friday

Stopped shopping there for a while since all preowned games on display are in generic display cases. Can’t tell anymore if someone traded in some steelbooks or whatever editions of games

If I renew online do they email the $5 or should I just go to the store?

Ya the new change is terrible. I get some stores especially the ones in my area are lacking most decent preowned games but the arguments I heard over a display case in my opinion makes it not worth it. Guy was there for 5-10 mintues talking to the employee over it.

Ya I called a while back, I think on the 2nd this certificate issue has been going on.

Stopped shopping there for a while since all preowned games on display are in generic display cases. Can’t tell anymore if someone traded in some steelbooks or whatever editions of games
Some stores are making preowned only in stock sections in their stores, but that is YMMV,

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back