2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So -sorry, just clarifying- an Xbox One 500gig that's listed as trading for $75 right now will get a $50 bonus? So $125, total?

I'm assuming that's credit only, not if you choose cash?

Thanks for the info.

Next week's "tax day" sale looks very similar to this week's + some common mario sales ... (preview from GS)

A4DGYiM.png
Do you have a link?

Happened to me last week. They increased the tax I was being charged after the fact so it wouldn't process the payment cause the gift card didn't have enough on it. I contacted their support twice who said the email was a mistake the order was processing, then the order was canceled. Gift card funds were returned but still annoyed.

So also word to the wise, gamestop may be charging people more than they agreed to after the fact. Was only like $1.50 but noticed my confirmation email listed one number for tax but the website order details was higher. My gift card had no other funds so they couldn't but if I has paid with a card I wouldn't have ever noticed.

Note, I used my $5 monthly coupon in that order (lost forever now) so that could have been part of what triggered the issue ok their site.
This is what happened to me. I thought I had enough on my rewards card to cover my Series S. Well they put two 1.79 charges on orders after the fact that dropped me to 298.79. So I didn't cover the order. Now I have to wait for them to return my funds to my rewards card. I charged it with my credit card and will return / rebuy with trade credit when and if it shows up. The lady on the phone said I had an amount on my trade card I cannot see. This sucks.

Tax Day Sale Part 2  from 3/7 - 3/13

-  select Nintendo Switch games $38.99 (including SMM2, Luigi Mansion 3, Super Mario Party)

- B2G1Free select Amiibo 

- Free SM 16 oz. glasses w/purchase of Nintendo Switch Lite

-  up to 55% off select new games for XBOX, PS, Nintendo & PC

- $10 Funko Pop, reg. $12 Pops

- $10 all regular t-shirts

- $50 xtra credit when trade any game console

I got this info from the comicbook website.

Next week's "tax day" sale looks very similar to this week's + some common mario sales ... (preview from GS)

A4DGYiM.png
Magic finally gets a GameStop sale now that they can't keep Pokemon in stock and the amount of MTG inventory the stores here in STL have is pretty much zero.

Are the $39 Mario games new or pre-owned? I can't get the picture big enough to tell
New. It’s a universal sale across retailers. 35% off.

So I finally encountered the dreaded trade limit exceeded ban for the first time on one of the accounts I use. I track all my trades so I’m not sure what caused it. I hit 1,925 in trades between 1/29-2/22 and today was the first trade I attempted. Hopefully it’s just a 30 day.

Anyone ever have an issue with a giftcard order going through and then receiving an email saying they couldn't process payment? Their giftcard's original as being what I paid and then is now $0, but is asking me to update payment for my order...
As an update to this, I called GS this morning... after a fairly short hold (28 minutes), they told me, yes, there was a mistake in the price charged and that if I update my payment method, it would only charge me the different between what I already paid with the giftcard and what the end total was, meaning 30 cents would show up on my credit card.

Well just now, I got a notice from my credit card of a pending charge for the full amount. And my giftcard balance is still $0. Nice.

I'm holding out hope that once the charge goes through, my giftcard is refunded. But I'm guessing I can expect more calls to CS.

Is ass creed Valhalla worth $30? I got a xbsx that needs something other than cyberass madden and ori. I beat all the first one, all the ezio ones, and pirate ass creed. Got bored of syndicate and almost sick of origins. Looks like this one might actually take advantage of the xbsx hardware though?

Is ass creed Valhalla worth $30? I got a xbsx that needs something other than cyberass madden and ori. I beat all the first one, all the ezio ones, and pirate ass creed. Got bored of syndicate and almost sick of origins. Looks like this one might actually take advantage of the xbsx hardware though?
Haven't played it myself, but my girlfriend loves it and I love watching her play it. She's played a handful of AC games, but I think this is the first one she enjoyed enough to finish. I think it's well worth the $30 price tag if it looks fun.

Haven't played it myself, but my girlfriend loves it and I love watching her play it. She's played a handful of AC games, but I think this is the first one she enjoyed enough to finish. I think it's well worth the $30 price tag if it looks fun.
Awesome, thanks. I think I'll pick up a copy today!

2 for $25 (under 20) DotD seems... lame with the current sale. Should have at least made it 2 for $30 (under 25) or something.  :oldman:

Anyone know if the $50 console trade in bump is carrying over to next week as well?

Finally got my haul of games in from gamestop. 2 out of 5 had cases. Not even mad about that but I ordered sonic mania plus and they sent me regular sonic mania ☠️

I played it on PS5 and loved it. It is overly long though.

[attachment=35411:428276DF-DED9-4415-B5E5-464B5463D684.jpeg]

My order came in for this preowned sale very happy with it only 3 came without case.
Journey to savage planet was still sealed.

Only mistake was they sent me an extra squadrons game instead of song of memories.

Only mistake was they sent me an extra squadrons game instead of song of memories.
You came out ahead. You can probably trade the extra squadrons in for a small profit. Song of Memories is.. really bad. Probably the worst vn i've tried playing.

My order was fine except for :xb1: alamur rereckoning. I again got a 360 copy with the newer "xbox 360 + xbox one" case, that someone took in incorrectly as a trade. Second time that's happened in a 2 mo span.

Finally got my haul of games in from gamestop. 2 out of 5 had cases. Not even mad about that but I ordered sonic mania plus and they sent me regular sonic mania ☠️
it took 4 copies of buying that to get the + version

dont bother ordering anymore i think its near impossible

most of the games i bought came with original cases.

games that are more than 2-3 years old all came with replacement cases

You came out ahead. You can probably trade the extra squadrons in for a small profit. Song of Memories is.. rrally bad. Probably the worst vn i've tried playing.
I was actually debating whether I should return it but I figured It’s probably better anyway.

Good to know, honestly during these sales I usually just buy to fill the library of stuff I don’t have.

Just recently acquired the psvr so I’ve been picking some of those up.

Good to know, honestly during these sales I usually just buy to fill the library of stuff I don’t have.
Same. I've been branching out into VN's lately and I just found that title in particular to be terrible.

Now an actually good vn I recommend is thisa one. It's actually in stock because its one of those product pages that can be found through google and not searching on the gs site. Also a decent chance at getting a game that was converted from new.

Almost every time I’ve gotten root letter from GameStop it’s the new converted to preowned bundle with the art book , very cool

Same. I've been branching out into VN's lately and I just found that title in particular to be terrible.

Now an actually good vn I recommend is thisa one. It's actually in stock because its one of those product pages that can be found through google and not searching on the gs site. Also a decent chance at getting a game that was converted from new.
Almost every time I’ve gotten root letter from GameStop it’s the new converted to preowned bundle with the art book , very cool
Actually it’s in my 2nd order I’m hoping fingers crossed I get the good stuff with it too 🤞

Anyone else having issue with points being rewarded? I had an order (delivered Tuesday) that never received a tracking # or showed as shipped. I contacted support via chat and was told they would be issued within a day. No points added to my account.

Anyone else having issue with points being rewarded? I had an order (delivered Tuesday) that never received a tracking # or showed as shipped. I contacted support via chat and was told they would be issued within a day. No points added to my account.
Same here, 2 orders delivered but no tracking number and not showing as shipped. It has been over a month and still no change. Going to have to keep calling customer support.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Surprisingly the number of times I've been burned by not getting the Definitive/Special/Plus/etc. versions of games has been pretty small.

I did get Ghostbusters (the crappy one) instead of Ghostbusters The Video Game one time. That seems like an honest enough mistake... But I really wish employees were a bit more thorough.

Surprisingly the number of times I've been burned by not getting the Definitive/Special/Plus/etc. versions of games has been pretty small.

I did get Ghostbusters (the crappy one) instead of Ghostbusters The Video Game one time. That seems like an honest enough mistake... But I really wish employees were a bit more thorough.
i got 2 copies of doom eternal deluxe where one had a missing code and another didnt have the code paper at all

never buying anything with a code thats on clearance ever again.

clearance games are like 75% sealed with clamshell sticker

So is the Buy 5, get 50% off still active this week or is today the last day/was yesterday supposed to be the last day? Looks like it's still working on website.

So is the Buy 5, get 50% off still active this week or is today the last day/was yesterday supposed to be the last day? Looks like it's still working on website.
yes but a bunch of the sales are gone/changed

just off the top of my head

power rangers

spongebob

no straight roads

gi joe

playstation hits for 4 bucks

think they upped the price on destroy all humans and amalur by 2 bucks as well

i dont think anything gamestop sends can top what just happened

i paid 30 for used and its brand new sealed

IMG_20210307_124047.jpg

i dont think anything gamestop sends can top what just happened

i paid 30 for used and its brand new sealed
Nice one. I also have a sealed one from GS instore. Clearance prices dropped to ~$34 when I grabbed mine.

It's also the best console version of a really good game.

Probably got converted to used but good mistake on their part.
That's what I would assume as that happened with one of the harvest moon games I ordered during the previous 50% off sale. I also have that other unicorn of shining resonance refrain draconic launch edition the game came sealed and it came with the steel case.

I know Amazon usually updates live but I thought GS only updated like 10 AM CST or something?
I don't check often enough to know exactly when they refresh the inventory, but it doesn't seem on a set schedule. Feels like multiple times a day at least and whenever their system refreshes the available inventory across its stores. I mostly just check my wishlist and see if the # of items in stock changes. Recently I use a high volume game like Minecraft :switch: that is often out-of-stock and gets traded in a lot to gauge stock updates.

4 for $60 doesn't seem to be working on sale games. I got Watch dogs legions (PS4) and Yakuza like a dragon (Xbone) in my cart promo doesn't come off even though these are under $24.99 used

Ask and you'll kind of receive... DotD is 4 for $60 (under $25).
4 for $60 doesn't seem to be working on sale games.
I can't get the promo to work this AM either - and to be honest, most of the games in the 21-25 price bracket were previously 15-20 a month or so ago... so probably going to pass unless something I actually want in my last+ gen wishlist pops back into stock + the promo starts working. :bomb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back