2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I look forward when I don't have to worry about trying to find something to use my $5 on each month while they try to find new and inventive ways to screw over thier customers

GS shipped me something today and i have no idea wtf it is. Maybe it's the 3 games my GS failed to give me when i did my pickup lol
Probably gift card for the canceled amount...I got an email that all 7 of my pickup orders were canceled late last night, and I just got 7 shipped emails so I’m assuming it’s the refund gift cards...

Pretty sweet deal, a free $210...can’t complain lol

I can't get the promo to work this AM either - and to be honest, most of the games in the 21-25 price bracket were previously 15-20 a month or so ago... so probably going to pass unless something I actually want in my last+ gen wishlist pops back into stock + the promo starts working. :bomb:
not even a month ago, several of these $24.99 games were $19.99 last week, and alot of $27.99 and up games were $24.99 last week too. I was really hoping for this promo but now all the games i was looking at dont qualify.

Probably gift card for the canceled amount...I got an email that all 7 of my pickup orders were canceled late last night, and I just got 7 shipped emails so I’m assuming it’s the refund gift cards...

Pretty sweet deal, a free $210...can’t complain lol
They shipped an extra 99 cent game that they already sent me lol

Got hit with the “cannot access this server” for Gs site. How do you get around this if at all? I have no idea why I’m getting this

I just got a birthday coupon from Gamestop. 20% off 1 preowned game purchase. Thing is, they sent it to my old account that I no longer use. (I started a new account with a different email and # when I signed up for PUR pro.)

Would I run into any problems if I try to use it? Should I give that old phone number instead of my new one?

Edit: Live now - $X GC for spending $Y on preowned again. (Max $30 gc for spending $100+)  :dunce:

viW0LGQ.png

Nothing on sale or instock to excite to me into participate at this moment!

Looks like $50 for free shipping is here to stay... 

If this is frowned upon I apologize but I have a $200 GS gift card that I want to use on an XSS. But if I can get it somewhere else, I might consider it.

Then I’d be stuck with the $200 gift card. Other than spending it over time on games (I honestly could do that this year) is there any way to convert it to cash? My only idea would be to buy a large item used, then return it with satisfaction guarantee, but would they then put on a gift card instead of cash/credit card?

It’s a first world problem for sure any advice is appreciated.

If this is frowned upon I apologize but I have a $200 GS gift card that I want to use on an XSS. But if I can get it somewhere else, I might consider it.

Then I’d be stuck with the $200 gift card. Other than spending it over time on games (I honestly could do that this year) is there any way to convert it to cash? My only idea would be to buy a large item used, then return it with satisfaction guarantee, but would they then put on a gift card instead of cash/credit card?

If you buy something in store it will show your method of payment, but if you buy something online...

You can buy Microsoft credit with GS credit, for what it's worth... Useful for buying digital games, or even physical items from Microsoft's store - including the Series X when it comes back in stock.

Does AmazonSmile still work? If it does you can have it converted into Amazon Credit.

See if anyone wants EShop/PSN/Xbox credit and offer a 10% discount. I sold a bunch of EShop this way early last year using credit to fund the cards.

Then I’d be stuck with the $200 gift card. Other than spending it over time on games (I honestly could do that this year) is there any way to convert it to cash?
If you buy something in store it will show your method of payment, but if you buy something online...
Also quite dependent on the store manager you try to convert currencies via return for. Some will not allow you to put return funds on anyting other than a gift card while others will just just try to process you quickly and re-class your return as a "no-reciept" and let you pick what method you want the refund in.

Overall, not really worth the risk of getting account flagged, so I'd just use it like normal over time. :beer:

There might be a small list of items you can buy with GC that you can't with trade-credit, but not sure it's that interesting anymore?

Was made by the same guy from it need to get to playing it eventually
Definitely don't miss it. So many twists and turns. I shelled out $100 for a sealed collectors edition (in addition to what I paid for it during the PSN sale) because I have a feeling that the price is only going to get more expensive. A-set, you bet!

EDIT: For those of you who have played through it already and want more content, their YouTube channel has a few let's plays and other videos with Tesa and other characters interacting throughout. Their interactions bring out just as much life in the characters as they do in game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3FZ5l1FrUU

As an update to this, I called GS this morning... after a fairly short hold (28 minutes), they told me, yes, there was a mistake in the price charged and that if I update my payment method, it would only charge me the different between what I already paid with the giftcard and what the end total was, meaning 30 cents would show up on my credit card.

Well just now, I got a notice from my credit card of a pending charge for the full amount. And my giftcard balance is still $0. Nice.

I'm holding out hope that once the charge goes through, my giftcard is refunded. But I'm guessing I can expect more calls to CS.
Did you ever get your money? I am fighting the same issue.

So I just got a notice that the digital version of GI is available. Does anyone know when the physical version comes out? I like to read it on the throne.

Hopefully the bump will be good. Anyone know what titles qualify for the +30%? Flyer shows Harvest Moon, Bravely Default II, and Persona 5 Strikers... anything else?  :shock:

Another kinda piddly and hardware-centric one, but better than nothing:

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/?q=mwt31221&lang=default
This doesn't look like a string that's been assigned. a) It doesn't come up as suggested in the search, b) there's nothing recent among the games (doom eternal, luigi's mansion are the most recent when you sort) c) mwt strings don't usually get assigned until thursday before the bump d) you can get an equivalent list with the same number of results just by adding random numbers to mwt.

Last month mwt21421 showed up unexpectedly on the 13th but didn't become active until the 19th. It was odd timing for both since 2/14 was a Sunday and the 19th wasn't the last Friday of the month.

Hopefully the bump will be good. Anyone know what titles qualify for the +30%? Flyer shows Harvest Moon, Bravely Default II, and Persona 5 Strikers... anything else? :shock:
Previous weeks' flyers showed Returnal for PS5 (didn't work) and last week Prince of Persia Remake (no confirmation if it worked for anyone.)

So it's 175 plus extra 50 for one x and Ps4 pro now?

If so, think it's worth dumping a Spiderman pro and a gears 5 one x? Or are those still rare/valuable?

I have 150000 points in reward points .. it is difficult to spend in store for me. Can I purchase some toys online paid by my credit card first and then return them instore and repurchase with my $50 reward certificates by redeeming 50000 points ?

It is so frustrating that GameStop still haven’t fixed the online system for letting us redeem online coupon and use it online.::

If so, think it's worth dumping a Spiderman pro and a gears 5 one x? Or are those still rare/valuable?
Ps4 pros are fetching $275-$300 easy around me. Should be easy to sell as they are limited edition. I think the gears one x is the best looking xbox.

Question regarding pay X receive gift card X used games deal. Can gift cards be earned on separate orders? And if so can the gift cards be combined towards a purchase later on?

Please don’t trade either of those into GameStop unless for some reason you value trade credit over cash. You can easily get a minimum of $250-$300 each for those

Please don’t trade either of those into GameStop unless for some reason you value trade credit over cash. You can easily get a minimum of $250-$300 each for those
I second this. I sold my Cyberpunk XB1X (codes "redeemed" but controller and HDMI cable unused) for $350 used but complete locally in December.

so how thoroughly do they check joy cons for drift during a switch console trade in? i have no idea if they have it, it doesnt seem like they do from a few minutes of using them but i havent played the switch for a long time.

This doesn't look like a string that's been assigned. a) It doesn't come up as suggested in the search, b) there's nothing recent among the games (doom eternal, luigi's mansion are the most recent when you sort) c) mwt strings don't usually get assigned until thursday before the bump d) you can get an equivalent list with the same number of results just by adding random numbers to mwt.

Last month mwt21421 showed up unexpectedly on the 13th but didn't become active until the 19th. It was odd timing for both since 2/14 was a Sunday and the 19th wasn't the last Friday of the month.

Previous weeks' flyers showed Returnal for PS5 (didn't work) and last week Prince of Persia Remake (no confirmation if it worked for anyone.)
Very interesting....and good to know.

I can't get the fucking reward certificate purchase to go through. Definitely got the points. Tried desktop and app. Tried the online only one and the regular one.

Can either those or the monthly $5 be used on the eshop money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back