2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have issues with a birthday 20 percent coupon not working online? Any solution?
Mine appears to work but doesn't work with the monthly $5 reward. I'm holding off on checkout because I really don't want to pay that $3 shipping fee.

Anyone have issues with a birthday 20 percent coupon not working online? Any solution?

I was able to double dip the birthday coupon no problem. Wrote it down, used in store, and then used online. It wont stack with the other promos though. It should take 20% off the highest price used item that does not fall into another promo.

FYI, today is the 5th business day and still no refund on my giftcard. *sigh* Guess I can expect being on hold and BS CS for a few weeks.
My order was on the 4th. I called them yesterday and they said I still had a few days tell it showed up. It is very annoying.

My bday coupon expires soon, wondering if I should just buy a game that trades in for $30 to get that 30% bonus. Between that and the 20% off, I'd about break even on a game with a base of $48 to buy and get free points.

Maybe one of the MAR10 games will pop back up to $30 base? Most likely Mario Maker 2.

No switch games I'm interested in at the moment.

Anyone know if the 30 dollar gift card for over 100 will be added to my active offers, mailed with my order or if its currently emailed to me and I don't know it?

so how thoroughly do they check joy cons for drift during a switch console trade in? i have no idea if they have it, it doesnt seem like they do from a few minutes of using them but i havent played the switch for a long time.
Their testing software won't work for Joycons since there's no way to plug it in so unless they boot up a game and test it that way they won't be able to tell.

Anyone know if the 30 dollar gift card for over 100 will be added to my active offers, mailed with my order or if its currently emailed to me and I don't know it?
You should get an email with subject line "Your gift card is here and ready to use" with the gc number and pin in it.

Very interesting....and good to know.
Looks like I was wrong. Stealth bump in effect.

Some of the values aren't as great as the prior two months. e.g. $8 instead of $10 base for games like God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete. The mwt31221 list is by no means complete either. Anything recent (missing 2020 games) isn't reflected in the list. The only preorder/purchase trade promo currently is an extra %20 toward Harvest Moon, Bravely Default or Persona 5 Strikers.

Here's a standout so far. Captain Toad treasure Tracker for switch 25 base.

Marvel's Spider-Man is 10.99 dotd. $12 base.

Looks like I was wrong. Stealth bump in effect.

Some of the values aren't as great as the prior two months. e.g. $8 instead of $10 base for games like God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete. The mwt31221 list is by no means complete either. Anything recent (missing 2020 games) isn't reflected in the list. The only preorder/purchase trade promo currently is an extra %20 toward Harvest Moon, Bravely Default or Persona 5 Strikers.

Here's a standout so far. Captain Toad treasure Tracker for switch 25 base.

Marvel's Spider-Man is 10.99 dotd. $12 base.
D'OH - I've been busy at work and haven't yet had a chance to call Nintendo about my $5 Clearance copy of Captain Toad from Walmart that was a sealed empty case.

Free shipping threshold back to $34.99. Take that, Chewy chap.

Anyone receive the current promo gift card for preowned games $19.99 and up? How long did it take to get the gift card? Thanks!

Free shipping threshold back to $34.99. Take that, Chewy chap.

Anyone receive the current promo gift card for preowned games $19.99 and up? How long did it take to get the gift card? Thanks!
I placed a couple orders. The gift card was received within 10 minutes of placing the order.

Thanks team. My original Mario 3D all stars applied my monthly $5 but did not include the gift card. Chat support refunded me 5,000 points to compensate for my monthly coupon and told me to re-order. Re-order did include the promo gift card so maybe it was the monthly $5 couldn't stack with the promo? Oh well, hopefully my cancellation happens. Thanks again.

Apologies if I've been living in a cave, but is your list posted somewhere?
tenor.gif

I'd be interested in this list as well.

Hopefully they add the more recently announced trio of Pokemon games to the +20% bonus list as well... since apparently you can already pre-order them at Gamestop :whistle2:k Maybe they'll add some games on Sunday and the bump will still be in effect.

Got my 7 refund gift cards in the mail today from $30 GC palooza...all store pickups, all canceled...

only appx $5 each since they didn’t refund the shipping from each order, but can’t complain since the $30 GCs at this point were “free” minus shipping

Does the deal for the free $10/$20/$30 gift card when buying $X in used games work in store or is it online only?

So.. both my gamestop accounts are telling me my password is invalid and when I try to recover via a recovery email nothing happens. Anyone else having login issues? Seems unlikely my recovery emails would change since changing account emails requires an email verification lol

So.. both my gamestop accounts are telling me my password is invalid and when I try to recover via a recovery email nothing happens. Anyone else having login issues? Seems unlikely my recovery emails would change since changing account emails requires an email verification lol
Just worked for me on mobile.

Anyone played Bravely Default II yet? Have something to flip for it but was wondering how it plays in comparison to the original.
I didn't like the original but I am enjoying 2. It is very slow to get started and a lot of dialogue but JRPGs are like that. I'm enjoying it just on the battle system right now.

Anyone played Bravely Default II yet? Have something to flip for it but was wondering how it plays in comparison to the original.
Haven’t touched it yet, but I read from someone on here that the dungeons were full of respawning on-screen enemies at a too fast rate, as opposed to the first one which had random encounters that you could turn off or double the rate of.

Plays similarly to the original, but I think the story/characters are more interesting (though not necessarily by a ton). I like the accents in the voice actors and the side characters are pretty charming so far.

Got informed of a trade ban tonight. No idea why. Traded only twice since the PS5 launch.

My only guess is that I was jrd at my last trade but for no reason.

Spoke with the DM and 2 SL questioning why the DM signed off on that BS. No answers, many questions.

anybody got "Acess Denied" when you go to gamestop.com? The full message I get is:

"Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.gamestop.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.506d817.1615663066.ec3775d"

It's been like this for about a week. I thought it was just an error, but it's starting to freak me out.

what do you need with a switch console trade in? the tablet, joy cons, dock, ac adapter, joy con grip, joy con straps, does it require a usb to c cable? anything else i am missing?

anybody got "Acess Denied" when you go to gamestop.com? The full message I get is:

"Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.gamestop.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.506d817.1615663066.ec3775d"

It's been like this for about a week. I thought it was just an error, but it's starting to freak me out.
Any time I try to connect to the GS website through a VPN (Nord specifically) I encounter issues.

Any time I try to connect to the GS website through a VPN (Nord specifically) I encounter issues.
I'm not using any vpn though. This is also happening on any device I'm on. But once I turn off wifi from my phone, I can connect through data...

I'm not using any vpn though. This is also happening on any device I'm on. But once I turn off wifi from my phone, I can connect through data...
It's most likely your router's DNS settings. Try logging into your router (check the label on the back for login info) and do a DNS flush/reset. You could also try adding the domain to a list of trusted sites in your network firewall.

That's pretty dumb that you need an hdmi cord.  Do switches even come with them?

Edit Obviously the switch lite doesn't. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back