2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just used my $5 monthly coupon on a $5 Xbox digital card in store -- still works at a register

I feel bad for GS employees having to peddle whatever nonsense corporate tells them to in order to make their quota. What really got me was when GS bosses insisted that they were an "essential business" last year before everything was shut down. They were more than happy to risk employees health and safety to pad their bottom line. That's just sad from start to finish.

I'm wondering if I should trade a few games while the $5 bonus is active or wait until the Spring Sale is over and see if trade-in values rebound. I have pre-orders of MLB The Show 21 Jackie Robinson (MVP) Edition for PS4 and Xbox One that I need to pay off (preferably with trade cred).
If I may ask, why are you buying both? Sony San Diego has already said the game is cross play between XBox and Playstation.

I've got like $30 in reward certificates. Does anyone know if I can use that on a preorder ? Planning on getting Nier this month, or do I have to put $5 down in store first, then use the rewards on pickup?
You can use reward certificates when you pick up the game,

If I may ask, why are you buying both? Sony San Diego has already said the game is cross play between XBox and Playstation.
It's an odd "only I would do this" thing. Part being excited to play on both systems for the first time ever and part not being one to play games online (especially sports and shooters).

has anyone gotten the buy 2 new games for 29.99 and get one pre own 50% to work on switch games? It hasnt been working for me
I did. Ordered a number of new and pre-owned. Fairy tail pre-owned my hero one's justice 1 resident evil minecraft spongebob new.

No g2l code printed for PS4 copy of outriders
The store I shop at has a ad for it and MLB being G2L where the weekly ads are. Isn't the first time the code hasn't printed on a new release. I bet if an employee checks their emails/internal network there's a code somewhere,

Edit: Last page of non-sale weekly ad shows it G2L.

https://www.gamestop.com/weekly-ad

30% off when you buy a new game only seems to work on used games $25 and under or so

about as backwards as every other promo they run

QWx9GR6.png

So are the TIVs on the app and website up to date now?  I remember last weekend a lot of CAGers discovering that they weren't.  Making a trip to the city tomorrow and planning to make some trades depending on the answer.

30% off when you buy a new game only seems to work on used games $25 and under or so

about as backwards as every other promo they run

QWx9GR6.png
This is not true. It may not work on Switch (not sure what else, but older games still get 50% at higher prices. You can do it with Wipeout XL (PS1 - $54.99) or Pokemon Pearl (DS - $69.99) to check.

Didn't work on COD BlOps Cold War for PS4 or Pokemon X for 3DS. So maybe it isn't working on last gen/current gen.

This is not true. It may not work on Switch (not sure what else, but older games still get 50% at higher prices. You can do it with Wipeout XL (PS1 - $54.99) or Pokemon Pearl (DS - $69.99) to check.

Didn't work on COD BlOps Cold War for PS4 or Pokemon X for 3DS. So maybe it isn't working on last gen/current gen.
even weirder

has anyone even gotten said coupon or gift card or anything

were at day 4 now and nothing works

I am beyond frustrated with the GS website these days. Searches don't always work, product pages are disappearing. What the hell GS? I'd get it if they never have the product, but I literally just bought Pokemon HeartGold days ago and the only way to find it is by using google to find the exact product page or get to the Nintendo DS category page (which may not show correctly if doing it originally from the website) One method shows Pokemon Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver, and onwards, and the other method does not.

Very dumb question but is there a barcode or something you print out for the $5 cert? Or do the poor bastards at GS have to type in the code manually?

Very dumb question but is there a barcode or something you print out for the $5 cert? Or do the poor bastards at GS have to type in the code manually?
The email gamestop sent will have a barcode, or if you have iOS app, it will show the barcode too. You can have the employee type in your phone number too and it will show up in the pin pad to redeem.

The monthly certificate? If so, then yes there is a barcode.

Open the app, go to rewards, click on active rewards, click on "PUR Pro Only" certificate, and it will show the barcode.

Word to the wise, do a screenshot of the certificate so you don't have to write it down like some people say they do (if you can still double dip; i.e. use it both in store and online)

Legit can't get this promo to work. Trying to cop Persona 5 Royal and 13 Sentinels, both of which are on the front page of the promo and both advertise on the listing they qualify for the buy one new, get 30% off and the discount doesn't apply in cart. Even tried adding a new switch game and still nothing.

The monthly certificate? If so, then yes there is a barcode.

Open the app, go to rewards, click on active rewards, click on "PUR Pro Only" certificate, and it will show the barcode.

Word to the wise, do a screenshot of the certificate so you don't have to write it down like some people say they do (if you can still double dip; i.e. use it both in store and online)
How do u double dip? Any kind of time limit for trying to redeem for the 2nd time after first time?

Update to the deliveries of that restock a few weeks back. Got 2 blatant counterfeit copies of Order of Ecclesia and my copy of Pokemon Explorers of Sky ended up being a $20 copy of Explorers of Time. Am I fucked if I try to get replacements? I would think they could throw me back in the queue like they did when they couldn't originally fulfill these.

Update to the deliveries of that restock a few weeks back. Got 2 blatant counterfeit copies of Order of Ecclesia and my copy of Pokemon Explorers of Sky ended up being a $20 copy of Explorers of Time. Am I fucked if I try to get replacements? I would think they could throw me back in the queue like they did when they couldn't originally fulfill these.
It's dependent on stock. If there are none in stock when you complain, they will just offer a refund. That is what happened to me. They let me keep the wrong game too.

i had a xenoblade definitive works come without the game and an empty etrian iv gamestop case. they promised me they had stock of both but i got emails about refunds on both like a week after. had to send in the artbook to start the process..

Glad it's not just my experience, at least.  Recently 50% of shipments I get from stores contain huge omissions, none in my favor.

Bought the $35 Ori CE and was sent the standard edition.  That's not even the same sku, and it says "Collector's Edition" on the packing slip.  I don't know how that happens unless an employee says, "eh, I don't want to look around for the CE, I'll just throw the standard edition in the envelope."

Had anybody tried trading in games worth less than 5 to get the bonus? Did it work?
The promo is hard-programmed (my assumption) to the list of games that were 5+ before Sunday. There was a report that Mario + Rabbids was base 4 and worked for the bonus. It was previously base ~7. I had Zombieland Double Tap Road Trip for PS4 in one of my trades that didn't qualify for the +5. Its trade value was bumped up from 4 to 5 on Sunday. Less than a handful of games were increased from below 5 from my lists.

Hope that helps.

Every fucking month, people complain their cert doesn't work on the site right on day 1. This is a known issue. Wait a few days for it to resolve itself. Or go in store and spend it. That was how the program was originally intended to work (in-store only) and was only adjusted to work online because of the pandemic.

I used a previously mentioned method to double dip on the $5 certificate yesterday, but YMMV as it may not work online for all games.

The method was to log in and have a game in the cart that the coupon applied to (in my case it was the Catherine collectors edition for PS4), verified that the coupon was applied in cart, and left the page and walked into a store and used it to buy a game (Trails of cold steel III) . Then when I left the store I just resumed checking out on my phone. Only worth it if you’re going into a store to get a game anyway AND found something online you want to use it on/you verified it works on

i had a xenoblade definitive works come without the game and an empty etrian iv gamestop case. they promised me they had stock of both but i got emails about refunds on both like a week after. had to send in the artbook to start the process..
Yeah. This has happened to me with several of the .99 cent games from Feb that came with the free $30 gift card.

I didn't bother complaining at first, then 5 games shipped with empty cases and I complained and they ended up shipping out replacements, including the $30 gift card.

I had ordered two copies of Disaster Report 4 from this restock. I opened up the package to find a beat up empty Switch case with no artwork. It only had a pre-owned sticker for the game. The 2nd copy was completely missing. No packing slip either. Customer service refused to refund me (I called 3 times actually) and told me I had to mail back the product. So I sent them back the empty case with a note explaining this is what customer service told me to do. Hopefully I actually get my money back.

They also mailed me a working Persona Q cartridge in a separate package. That was nice of them.

Getting empty cases happens way too much, I've had my share of them as well. I understand getting the wrong game, but getting an empty case should not happen. Don't get why employees can't open the case to make sure if it's actually in there before putting it in the bubble mailer. Takes like 2 secs.

Well this is GameStops level of service, hasn't changed for years and nothing seems to be done about it, which is why I dislike this place

I mean was this always a thing? I've been ordering from Gamestop.com for almost 20 years and I've never had this issue until recently. I thought people were stealing the game but WTF would want to steal Madden 18?

I think this is just a thing now because of how many games and being shipped from stores. They dont want to send out their good condition games, so they send generic cases, and the worse condition games that they cant sell in stores. as for empty cases, I dont know about other stores, but every time I am in store, I see a huge stack of packages getting ready to go out, so Id like to think they are just in a hurry and forget in between helping customers.

Dammit, friggin 2 cents shy of free shipping for what I want.
Just added a ps3 copy of destiny for $1 in case this helps anyone.

Edit: So I placed the order 20+ minutes ago and it's still not showing up in my order history. Also when I click the link in my order confirmation email it states that the order number isn't found. Anyone else ever see this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back