2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only store within about an hour of me is having "computer" issues and is closed until further notice. Has anyone seen anything like this before? How long has it taken to get fixed? I hope it's taken care of before the bump ends.

The website doesn't show any games that are out of stock. That means you can't check the trade values for those games either. I haven't tried the app - maybe it's different there.
I thinks it's just games that don't have a used listing on their site. Xenoblade chronicles 2, for example, is out of stock, but you can still check its trade value.

Is there anyway to sign up for these MWT emails anymore? Clearly before my time and I can't seem to find anything useful on their site as usual. :robot:
It seems completely random, I only started receiving them this year. You really aren't missing much. It's just more email clutter. My subject lines have gone from (January) 6 items worth 113.30 to (Feb) 32 worth 444.40 to (Mar) 67 worth 1083.50 to (Apr) 130 items worth 2249.50. :bouncy:

Patience pays off with sports titles and the last rash of sales + 50% off. Lots of titles that fell to $5 TIV during the +5 promo (because they were ON SALE) $9-10 Madden, FIFA and NHL are all worth $26 after 30% trade bonus.

RE2, Kingdoms of Amalur Rereckoning, Destroy All Humans, Star Wars Squadrons, Assassins Creed III Remastered, etc. recovered now that they are no longer on sale. MK11, NFS:Heat, SW Jedi Fallen Order, etc won't get you max value while they are on sale this week.

All but one game in my email got the bump, and one game is only showing the PS5 version. I'll likely trade them to get PlayStation store bucks. There's some games I want to buy before Sony shuts down the PS3 and Vita stores.

I'll list the two games shown in my email:

PGA Tour 2K21 (Xbox One) - $16.50 according to email, currently showing $9.00 on site and app.

Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS4) - $27.50 according to email, only shows PS5 version on site and app.

This is the bump I've been waiting for. Only bad thing is, major Switch titles are only getting $27.

Are Pokemon Snap and MLB both G2L?
I wonder if 27 is the new cap for major switch titles.

I have a bunch, but 35$ after boost trade in credit isn't super enticing
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Ed. and Fire Emblem Three Houses are both getting $30 base.

Anybody have any idea what the TIV for Age of Calamity is?
Judging by the email I got, $27 base.

All but one game in my email got the bump, and one game is only showing the PS5 version. I'll likely trade them to get PlayStation store bucks. There's some games I want to buy before Sony shuts down the PS3 and Vita stores.
I'll list the two games shown in my email:
PGA Tour 2K21 (Xbox One) - $16.50 according to email, currently showing $9.00 on site and app.
Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS4) - $27.50 according to email, only shows PS5 version on site and app.
Thank you my good man for posting this. I've been waiting to trade in my copy of Miles (ps4) for awhile. Once I saw that the ps5 version was only netting $18 I gave up, but lo and behold, the ps4 version did indeed trade for $25 base. Why, I don't know but I'll take it.

Thank you my good man for posting this. I've been waiting to trade in my copy of Miles (ps4) for awhile. Once I saw that the ps5 version was only netting $18 I gave up, but lo and behold, the ps4 version did indeed trade for $25 base. Why, I don't know but I'll take it.
i would think ps4 versions should be worth more since they can be used on both the ps4 and ps5

i would think ps4 versions should be worth more since they can be used on both the ps4 and ps5
I thought about that but then look at Cold War for example. $27 PS4, compared to $30 for PS5. If I had to guess, perhaps less copies of Spiderman were made for the PS4 since Sony wanted to push it out as the game to buy immediately if you were a PS5 owner. None the less, I don't care. I'm $32.50 closer to fully paying off the inevitable Switch Pro.

I thought about that but then look at Cold War for example. $27 PS4, compared to $30 for PS5. If I had to guess, perhaps less copies of Spiderman were made for the PS4 since Sony wanted to push it out as the game to buy immediately if you were a PS5 owner. None the less, I don't care. I'm $32.50 closer to fully paying off the inevitable Switch Pro.
is the upgrade free?

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help. I still haven't played Spider-Man yet so I can let Miles Morales go for now. I may just buy it digital, hopefully while it's sale.

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help. I still haven't played Spider-Man yet so I can let Miles Morales go for now. I may just buy it digital, hopefully while it's sale.
If you can wait til black friday, i'm sure there will be a deal then to scoop for cheap. I got two copies off a half off deal when it was on sale for like $4-5 each.

If you can wait til black friday, i'm sure there will be a deal then to scoop for cheap. I got two copies off a half off deal when it was on sale for like $4-5 each.
I can certainly wait until BF before buying Miles Morales again. There's other games I'm trading that I'll hold off on picking up again until then too.

$15.60 for Marvel's Avengers seems low compared to what it's been the last couple times there's been a bump. I could have sworn it was higher, but I can't recall how much the TIV was. Does anybody else know what it was previously? Obviously logic would dictate TIV is going to go down over time... but this is GS we're talking about.

Also my hopes and dreams of there being a $5 bonus TIC promo and a bump that coincide with games being bumped to $10 base doesn't seem to be coming to fruition, so I guess $13 TIC is good enough.

$15.60 for Marvel's Avengers seems low compared to what it's been the last couple times there's been a bump. I could have sworn it was higher, but I can't recall how much the TIV was. Does anybody else know what it was previously? Obviously logic would dictate TIV is going to go down over time... but this is GS we're talking about.

Also my hopes and dreams of there being a $5 bonus TIC promo and a bump that coincide with games being bumped to $10 base doesn't seem to be coming to fruition, so I guess $13 TIC is good enough.
22 base TIV at 54.99 during 1/30 bump. 17 base during 2/19 bump.

You have to look at the preowned selling price. It's on sale for 22.99. Hence the lower TIV. It's not going back to 54.99 so 15-17 might be the max base TIV in the future.

Vanilla Resident Evil 7 has the same trade value as the Gold edition at $11. Pretty nice TIV given that the vanilla version has been on sale for less pretty recently, and that they're both still only selling for @ $20. Gamestop must be expecting demand to increase with RE8 next month.

Vanilla Resident Evil 7 has the same trade value as the Gold edition at $11. Pretty nice TIV given that the vanilla version has been on sale for less pretty recently, and that they're both still only selling for @ $20. Gamestop must be expecting demand to increase with RE8 next month.
I'm sure it will. People always sleep on it then overpay for that stuff

Do vitas ever come back into stock?
Games, barely. Handhelds:

e823f869841c10d01cc73430d71ed31e.gif

Well, this is a joke.  My first switch game to come in their fancy new “certified pre-owned” wrapper for their same old crappy cases is empty, no game.  What exactly did they certify there?  Of course I used a $30 coupon, it’s now out of stock, so I can’t send the crap case back for a full refund or replacement.  Customer service says I can’t get the coupon back or swap it for a ps4 version which is in stock.  Plenty of terrible condition games, but I think this is the first ever completely missing for me.  You got your work cut out for you chewy guy.  

Well, this is a joke. My first switch game to come in their fancy new “certified pre-owned” wrapper for their same old crappy cases is empty, no game. What exactly did they certify there? Of course I used a $30 coupon, it’s now out of stock, so I can’t send the crap case back for a full refund or replacement. Customer service says I can’t get the coupon back or swap it for a ps4 version which is in stock. Plenty of terrible condition games, but I think this is the first ever completely missing for me. You got your work cut out for you chewy guy.
Yeah I just received 3 games in the mail, all ordered new, all gutted. Called customer service about it and they offered to send me sealed replacements after I send them back. We will see how that goes.

Well, this is a joke. My first switch game to come in their fancy new “certified pre-owned” wrapper for their same old crappy cases is empty, no game. What exactly did they certify there? Of course I used a $30 coupon, it’s now out of stock, so I can’t send the crap case back for a full refund or replacement. Customer service says I can’t get the coupon back or swap it for a ps4 version which is in stock. Plenty of terrible condition games, but I think this is the first ever completely missing for me. You got your work cut out for you chewy guy.
If it makes you feel better, I just received a CIB Pokemon Black Ver. 2 from them from an online order.

If it makes you feel better, I just received a CIB Pokemon Black Ver. 2 from them from an online order.
A week or two ago, I guess when their “certified pre-owned” cases first started arriving, big round of new complaints, I was thinking, they aren’t that bad. I was riding high too, actually receiving some CIB, and forgot about the GameStop cycle. The same stinky black case with a nicer wrapper plastered with “trust us, we are professional and courteous, we checked this game, 100% guarantee” and having the case be completely empty for the first time and return/replacement options messed up, that’s a new low for me. Hope it’s not foreshadowing the “improvements” we can expect, just marketing to cover up the hollow shell of their empty cases and company getting even worse.

Right now, it really is like a lottery or gambling, but not as fun when you lose! The cycle repeats for all.

A week or two ago, I guess when their “certified pre-owned” cases first started arriving, big round of new complaints, I was thinking, they aren’t that bad. I was riding high too, actually receiving some CIB, and forgot about the GameStop cycle. The same stinky black case with a nicer wrapper plastered with “trust us, we are professional and courteous, we checked this game, 100% guarantee” and having the case be completely empty for the first time and return/replacement options messed up, that’s a new low for me. Hope it’s not foreshadowing the “improvements” we can expect, just marketing to cover up the hollow shell of their empty cases and company getting even worse.

Right now, it really is like a lottery or gambling, but not as fun when you lose! The cycle repeats for all.
Does the tracking show it originated from the warehouse or a store?

I’m not too far from Fort Worth, so that could make it tougher to tell.  It was lost sphear for Nintendo switch.  Said 1 copy left.  I know inventory can get funky when its down to the last copy.  My guess is that since it was the only copy, even if the packer noticed no game, they just said screw it and moved on to next box in their queue of hundreds.  If from a store, that would be even worse I think.  The case was open in the box, card holder tabs look fine though.  Oh well, GameStop manages to mess things up in my favor plenty as well.  Sending in my empty case and will see what happens.  I’m not really mad, I’ve done enough GameStop orders to know buying preowned is a crapshoot, especially when inventory gets low.  But pretty ironic that it’s the first game I receive in their new guaranteed / tested cases that they mess up at a whole new level!

i had an issue where i received an empty package with no paper or nothing 

went back and forth with customer service for a 5 min and i ended up sending in the torn back of the label that shows the invoice and they gave me a refund in a week or two

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back