2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded in several games and the $5 promo didn't activate. I told the reps and they called their manager who told them to manually enter it. So I got the bonus but be aware that it'll need manager approval

Wonder if you scanned a $5+ game first to trigger the promo and then scan rest of the trashy games. Would that trigger the promo for the whole receipt?

Is the $5 promo listed in the physical Pro Day ad they have in the store? I see it in the online version but it's much easier to get them to honor something that's on a piece of paper they're giving out themselves

Can anyone confirm?

twitter.com/MichaelAHaywoo1/status/1386019506133233666
Would be awesome if your ads were true says extra $5 a game for trade walk in and wait told that it's only for games over $10??? That literally means for pro day you will give me less money per item then normally? Way to treat those customers

Has anyone tried signing up or renewing their pro membership in store yet? If not I'll be going to my home store to pick up a game I ordered and will try renewing for another year then.

Someone on the IGN private Facebook group for their Nintendo podcast is claiming they got the $5 extra on $3 base TIV games like Knack & AC IV; I am pressing for more details.

Can anyone confirm?

twitter.com/MichaelAHaywoo1/status/1386019506133233666
Would be awesome if your ads were true says extra $5 a game for trade walk in and wait told that it's only for games over $10??? That literally means for pro day you will give me less money per item then normally? Way to treat those customers

Not to be a grammar nazi, but jesus that was painful to read.

Anyways what exactly are you asking? If games need to be more than $10 base TIV? I would say no, and you should be able to argue it and get them to adjust the TIV's accordingly, since it doesn't state any conditions in the ad from what I can see.

Just got back from trading in a few games. Some games were base TIV over $10 so the 50% was better than the +$5, two of my games were under $10 base so I told them to ring it up in another transaction, but the manager said he would just add the remaining value to equal the +$5 to those two games TIV.

Not sure if the system is overriding the +$5 promotion with the 50% promotion, but that's what happened lol. Also traded in a PS4 Pro for $250 credit.

Maybe somebody will get lucky, and they can get +$5 on top of the 50% bonus since it would otherwise likely confuse the employee if they had to manually adjust the total trade in value/each game individually.

The thing that worries me, is I have 30+ games I want to trade... but even when the computer is working fine that's still a lot of games to process without having something slip through the cracks (i.e. the employee not scanning everything, and shorting me). If they have to adjust the TIV's, it will probably take 4x longer than a normal transaction.

Just got back from trading in a few games. Some games were base TIV over $10 so the 50% was better than the +$5, two of my games were under $10 base so I told them to ring it up in another transaction, but the manager said he would just add the remaining value to equal the +$5 to those two games TIV.

Not sure if the system is overriding the +$5 promotion with the 50% promotion, but that's what happened lol. Also traded in a PS4 Pro for $250 credit.
Just out of curiosity, did the extra $50 for the PS4 Pro automatically ring up, or did they have to manually add it?

For anyone wanting to try the "have the employee do it" I wouldnt bother. I've been told by more than 10 different employees over 5 or so different stores that "Yea, we can't adjust trade value" so it sounds like the ones doing it are acting on their own. A.K.A. a very rare Gamestop occurence.
FWIW, it was the store manager that did it for me earlier today. Only other person was in training, her first day I think. I just noticed the trade values were off for the two games, mentioned it to her and he came over, confirmed on the printed ad that all PS4 games have an added $5 and said he would just add the bonus himself. He took out a calculator and got the correct value that was missing from the bonus.

Edit: To the above question on the PS4 Pro, it automatically added it on.

For anyone wanting to try the "have the employee do it" I wouldnt bother. I've been told by more than 10 different employees over 5 or so different stores that "Yea, we can't adjust trade value" so it sounds like the ones doing it are acting on their own. A.K.A. a very rare Gamestop occurence.
Yea, I can't give them anything higher than a 0 on the survey 🤷‍♂️

I had a manager in the past reduced my trade-in bonus just because she thought I was getting such a great value in my trade already. That's what I assumed because I didn't noticed what she did until I got home.

I do have a question, how does the buy 2 new titles $29.99 or more and get 50% off 1 used title work? I have three new games in my cart along with Ghost of Tsushima used but GoT is still showing as $37.99 in checkout, no discount. 

Someone on the IGN private Facebook group for their Nintendo podcast is claiming they got the $5 extra on $3 base TIV games like Knack & AC IV; I am pressing for more details.
He responded & posted his receipt & it had a bunch of price overrides, so I think the employee manually adjusted the amounts.

Not gonna work with pro day. It’s a promo that doesn’t stack.
I do have a question, how does the buy 2 new titles $29.99 or more and get 50% off 1 used title work? I have three new games in my cart along with Ghost of Tsushima used but GoT is still showing as $37.99 in checkout, no discount.
Confirmed +5 didn’t work for switch games. Started the trade with 3 games all 3 base that only got the 50+10%.

I thought I would also confirm that the $5 extra did not ring up on any of my games. I was trading with values from $2 through $22. No issues with the console bonus.

you know, this is probably just gamestop being gamestop and the $5 extra per game is just different wording for the 50% bonus and it was suppose to say  it was good on any $10 game.

Traded in my Xbox one S and One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch), Fire Emblem Heros, and Sea of Thieves. The console got the $50 and all 3 games got the $5 bonuses automatically.

Traded in Mario Kart Wii for $32 and made another $6 trading in the daily deal from earlier this week.

Considered extending my pro membership but I’m good until November and want to make sure they don’t neuter the program or close the store nearby.

This happened with the last big sale. Unfortunately it won't stack with sale items, but I WAS able to get it to work on the last day of the sale last time at like 10pm. So you may want to try this evening and see if it starts working just before the sale ends.

I traded in 34 games earlier, had to get $5 bonus override on all of them, $292 in trade credit. I did pro renewal as well, will see if the 10k points show up or not. I did get the $5 bonus coupon on receipt afterwards.

I initially explained to the associate about the ad and he started saying that usually there is a minimum and I said the ad didn't show one, so they did the override. YMMV of course as some may not budge.

I traded in 34 games earlier, had to get $5 bonus override on all of them, $292 in trade credit. I did pro renewal as well, will see if the 10k points show up or not. I did get the $5 bonus coupon on receipt afterwards.

I initially explained to the associate about the ad and he started saying that usually there is a minimum and I said the ad didn't show one, so they did the override. YMMV of course as some may not budge.
Someone’s gonna get fired after today lol.

Damn, will remember this next time

Had a busted fat ps4 and still got the $50 bonus on it. I'm a regular the store so I typically throw down a reserve when I do stuff like this, also renewed for the bonus.

Well, it took them like 45 minutes to figure it out and manually override it, but I got the extra $5 on a dozen PS4 games, jumping the total to $99. They actually somehow shorted me like $2 in the adjustments, a quarter or two on like half the games, but not worth an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back