2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone get Game Coin from buying Returnal? My store has a print out of preorders taped to checkout and it showed it would be, but I did not see it advertised anywhere else. Not something I will fight GS over, but just checking.

Has the 'In Store Only' label been discussed at all yet? A lot of older games that I've been keeping an eye on started getting slapped with this label. There is still the 'Sold Out' label, so does this mean that these games will no longer be available online, and your only hope is to track down a copy in stores? I feel like it's always worked the other way around: the stores send the games they are phasing-out to central.

Trying to get an idea of Gamestop is really starting to wind down availability for PS3, 360, Vita, etc. Maybe it's just more rickety website nonsense.

I suppose I could see this, but collector interest in Vita/PS3 has shot up since the risk of PSN store closure nearly became a reality. And certainly 360 is still viable, given the B/C nature of Xbox.

But let's face it, we're a niche subset of their clientelle. While they could make bank selling the odd copy of, say, the Puppeteer to us for $60 still, it's probably not worth it to carry an entire system's worth of games just for that opportunity.

Has the 'In Store Only' label been discussed at all yet? A lot of older games that I've been keeping an eye on started getting slapped with this label. There is still the 'Sold Out' label, so does this mean that these games will no longer be available online, and your only hope is to track down a copy in stores? I feel like it's always worked the other way around: the stores send the games they are phasing-out to central.

Trying to get an idea of Gamestop is really starting to wind down availability for PS3, 360, Vita, etc. Maybe it's just more rickety website nonsense.

This MWT would be more appreciated if the website would update already. I really don't want to go back to the old days of calling stores to ask for TIVs.

There’s a trade bump?
Some of us got MWT emails earlier today indicating that there was or would be.
However, there are few other signs of anything yet. If you search the current values on the website, they haven't been updated to reflect.

For anyone who was able to successfully do a price match with WM, did they only require a photo of the shelf, or will the app inventory display work? Also, can you use the monthly cert on top of the price match? Trying to make a deal with RE8, but my hopes aren’t the highest.

I had a busy week, so I just got around to opening the pre-owned 3DS and Wii U games that I bought online during last weekend's sale.  The 3DS games came cart only in the clear plastic covers.  The Wii U games both came complete. 

I remember reading in the past that Wii U games sometimes get resurfaced, and that might keep them from working.  I'm still looking for my GamePad at home, but how do you know if GameStop resurfaced them?

For anyone who was able to successfully do a price match with WM, did they only require a photo of the shelf, or will the app inventory display work? Also, can you use the monthly cert on top of the price match? Trying to make a deal with RE8, but my hopes aren’t the highest.
The Wal-Mart app worked for me and I used a $5 cert.

I had a busy week, so I just got around to opening the pre-owned 3DS and Wii U games that I bought online during last weekend's sale. The 3DS games came cart only in the clear plastic covers. The Wii U games both came complete.

I remember reading in the past that Wii U games sometimes get resurfaced, and that might keep them from working. I'm still looking for my GamePad at home, but how do you know if GameStop resurfaced them?
. White stuff in the middle ring iirc. Make sure you test it thoroughly since wiiu discs are famous for being temperamental and not working. Especially wind waker and one or two other ones that had printing errors at release.

. White stuff in the middle ring iirc. Make sure you test it thoroughly since wiiu discs are famous for being temperamental and not working. Especially wind waker and one or two other ones that had printing errors at release.
Thanks, bud. I bought Pokken Tournament and Tokyo Mirage Sessions when they were both $10 each. And it looks like both games are safe, but I've been going through my entire collection today to see where I misplaced my Wii U GamePad. It's been driving me up the wall.

This is a new one I haven’t seen before. I bought this preowned yesterday and my Switch would not read it. The back looked fine, but then I noticed this damage on the front. It’s not super noticeable, but it ruined the cart. I used a 20% off birthday coupon, so we’ll see how my GS store handles this, as there are no other preowned copies in my area…

Update - The SL let me pay the difference for a new copy, so ~$2 more. I’m good with that 👍🏼

[attachment=35573:086F958D-4F03-4CFA-BB66-353890BED8D3.jpeg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back