2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wishlist functionality still works, just UI is no longer available to add.

IrltFXp.png

In fairness, the poster you quoted was being sarcastic toward the person who "jumped on someone" in this case. You may have meant to quote the OTHER "huh, no shit" response. :)
I know, I did post and reply to the original poster. It’s the original replying back to the sarcastic huh, no shit post with yet another huh, no shit. Chain only got up to 3 huh, no shits. I should have added one too!

Mighty bold of them to guarantee that we'll like it after the last game
Maybe you're joking around, but the last game was good. It gets too much hate, considering.

In any case, glad GS is offering G2L on this as I can burn some rewards certs AND have gotten the 30% bonus trading towards it last week. Was a little worried there when I hadn't seen anybody mention anything about it. Had no intention of picking it up, and didn't want to roll it into some other preorder.

Mighty bold of them to guarantee that we'll like it after the last game
Maybe you're joking around, but the last game was good. It gets too much hate, considering.

In any case, glad GS is offering G2L on this as I can burn some rewards certs AND have gotten the 30% bonus trading towards it last week. Was a little worried there when I hadn't seen anybody mention anything about it. Had no intention of actually playing it (as I'm not super impressed by this remaster), and didn't want to roll it into some other preorder.

In any case, glad GS is offering G2L on this as I can burn some rewards certs AND have gotten the 30% bonus trading towards it last week. Was a little worried there when I hadn't seen anybody mention anything about it. Had no intention of picking it up, and didn't want to roll it into some other preorder.
I thought it was boring. The story developed very slowly and many of the quests felt like a waste of time. The game was also a buggy mess. I'm sure some of the bugs were eventually fixed, but it doesn't inspire confidence for the 2 day G2L window to be a fully playable game. I'm glad that you liked it, but I thought it was average at best.

No problems price matching Mass Effect today with the Walmart app showing my local store (next door) with "limited stock" at $50.94. With $20 of coupons to take off as well, I'm pretty happy with the whole experience... Might get me buying in-store more often.

Feels like the inventory went back to -1 on Wednesday anyway. A switch game I was eyeing nearby was showing available for pickup in 1 store on Tuesday night, stopped showing as being available on Wednesday. Went into the store on Thursday and they still had it in stock and I got it then

I ordered a 3DS game about a month ago.  Surprisingly when I got it, the cart could not be read.  Looking closer, the contacts seemed to be corroded so I did an exchange.  Gamestop received my return and "shipped" another one.  I waited 2 weeks and the tracking number never advanced past "awaiting carrier pickup."  I figured 2 weeks had been enough time so I contacted Gamestop again.  They said they see where it was never picked up and would send another one.  A few days later I got another shipping notification.  This time it was with a different carrier (Fed Ex).  It's now been a week and that new one is still "awaiting carrier pickup."  I mean cmon this is crazy.  This would only happen at Gamestop.

Feels like the inventory went back to -1 on Wednesday anyway. A switch game I was eyeing nearby was showing available for pickup in 1 store on Tuesday night, stopped showing as being available on Wednesday. Went into the store on Thursday and they still had it in stock and I got it then
This morning before 8 am cst, I was able to search for things correctly. When I checked again at noon, -1 was back.

I posted this in the Collector's Edition thread, but I'll post it here as well since it's relevant to the topic:

I just noticed some notable clearance Collector's Editions on GameStop.com available for shipping. I'm not sure if they've been at these price points for a while already or not, but I thought I would share.

Catherine: Full Body Heart's Desire Premium Edition (PS4) -- $55.97

The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Collector's Edition (XBOX ONE) -- $25.97

Ori and the Will of the Wisps Collector's Edition (XBOX ONE) -- $34.97

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 Collector's Edition (XBOX ONE) -- $59.97

Well, add me to the group of people that now have an order sitting in "fedex awaiting carrier pickup" limbo.

On the bright side, my used switch copy of A.I. the Somnium Files came complete. It even came with a sealed sticker inside the case.

I had an order that seems to have gotten lost in the handoff from UPS to USPS, and neither side knows where it is. After 25 days, I put in a request with Gamestop and I received an email a day later saying 'Your order has shipped' - that's literally all it says, no tracking # or anything. I'm kind of incredulous that they shipped a new copy; it's a PS3 game that's not in stock very often.

I also stumbled across a copy of Castlevania: Order of Eclessia while visiting a Gamestop outside of the city yesterday, but upon inspection it's definitely a bootleg.

I had an order that seems to have gotten lost in the handoff from UPS to USPS, and neither side knows where it is. After 25 days, I put in a request with Gamestop and I received an email a day later saying 'Your order has shipped' - that's literally all it says, no tracking # or anything. I'm kind of incredulous that they shipped a new copy; it's a PS3 game that's not in stock very often.

I also stumbled across a copy of Castlevania: Order of Eclessia while visiting a Gamestop outside of the city yesterday, but upon inspection it's definitely a bootleg.
an order shpped email with no info is usually a refund on a gift card

Sadly this is why I avoid DS games other than uncommon ones (ones that wouldn't be faked cause market is too niche) or the later Pokemon games with the black carts/infrared. I mean GameStop has fakes of those as well, but at least they are easy to tell. I've seen some pretty decent fakes of other games (especially if you don't have an authentic one to compare too).

One of my order on the gamestop website said it is awaiting pick up from ups and then when I searched the tracking usps said it departed shipping partner facility so I am kinda confuse with whats happening.

an order shpped email with no info is usually a refund on a gift card
Ah that makes sense, thanks.

One of my order on the gamestop website said it is awaiting pick up from ups and then when I searched the tracking usps said it departed shipping partner facility so I am kinda confuse with whats happening.
Sometimes the online status will 'say waiting for pickup' until the moment the package smacks against your door. Sometimes it STILL says that days after your order was delivered. The website isn't very good.

Really tempted to get how pursuit remastered now that it’s on sale. Anyone know if you could price match AND use 5 off coupon on it if it’s not that price instore or is that ymmv?

Final Fantasy 7 Integrade comes with a steel book if you preorder it, is that in store only or should I get one if I preorder and have it shipped to me?

When I add it to the cart I don’t see any steel book added, not sure how GameStop does bonus items like that.

Never got the game coin for Returnal, called CS a week ago and they said they’d give me 10,000
Points. Week later no points. Ugh do I really want to wait on hold again for this lol

Man, I thought I was the only one. I finished the first, and have the third sitting ready to go....just need to find the second!
Physical copies of all the previous games went out of print just after IV released last October. Luckily I ordered 1-3 from Amazon in Sept. and got apparently some of the last sealed US copies.

I'm just curious, why are you being so rude to him? He obviously didn't know that. But yes, Deals of the Day are online only but you didn't need to viciously attack him over a misunderstanding.
Stores can now pricematch the GameStop Deal of the Day price in store. It's the same procedure they would use for BB, Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc.

Hmm, so my orders that have been stuck at "awaiting carrier pickup" with FedEx are NOW showing as being shipped via USPS.

Sure, ok.
Gamestop shipping is so weird. My order is also still on "awaiting carrier pickup" by ups and when I checked ups tracking website there was no package info and then when I checked usps website it said "Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item"

Hmm, so my orders that have been stuck at "awaiting carrier pickup" with FedEx are NOW showing as being shipped via USPS.

Sure, ok.
Whether they ship one or the other the only way to know for sure is when the tracking number actually works when it ships in my experience.

Why is this rare now?
It's not really "rare" (it sold over 2 million) but it's more of a niche title, relatively speaking, that is now out of print and the characters have been added to Smash. Nintendo being Nintendo didn't manufacture more this year, despite knowing that demand would increase after the characters were added to Smash. I'll never understand them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back