2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon, there's no reason that shouldn't have gone in the veterans thread. GS loses money when people use their coupons on digital currency, but it's worth it for them to get people into their stores - it's obviously not supposed to work online. You might as well have posted it on Twitter.

There's another perk for Pros someone may be able to figure out and totally not post it in a public forum.

C'mon, there's no reason that shouldn't have gone in the veterans thread. GS loses money when people use their coupons on digital currency, but it's worth it for them to get people into their stores - it's obviously not supposed to work online. You might as well have posted it on Twitter.

There's another perk for Pros someone may be able to figure out and totally not post it in a public forum.
Chatter about double dipping and using the monthly coupon both in-store and online has been going on for a while now. I only mentioned the odd quirk of it being applied to digital currency/items online because it's not supposed to happen (even in-store for that matter).

Didn't know posting about a weird issue I encountered would ruffle anyone's feathers so to speak.

So did anyone’s Gravity Rush Remastered arrive from GameStop? I already own the game. Just curious if it was the correct region and if it was CIB or not. 

So did anyone’s Gravity Rush Remastered arrive from GameStop? I already own the game. Just curious if it was the correct region and if it was CIB or not.
From what I've seen this seems like it was a legit reprint and the old Xenoblade Wii Strategy

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1402338144771473409

yeah if you look through that twitter post a lot of the comments posted the image of their copies.  Definitely confirms the limited reprint and sell as used sketchy stuff that gs likes to do. Only brightside will be that the like new copies flooding the market will drop the price like a stone possibly. 

Rumor has it that since a number of people bought 2 or more copies hoping for a complete one before this was confirmed or even hinted at they may end up getting some returns. Thus giving people who want it a second shot at scoring a copy. 

When I had bought Gravity Rush Remastered from Gamestop a couple years ago it had the case but the UPC was cut out for some reason. I still bought it anyway because I figured I'd never see it again with some kind of case.

These types of posts are pathetic. If you're not going to enlighten anyone, take it elsewhere.
I like how you omitted the first half of my post that literally was trying to move the conversation elsewhere. Namely, the veterans thread. If you can convince everyone to stop mentioning glitches publicly, you'd have better luck than me.

I like how you omitted the first half of my post that literally was trying to move the conversation elsewhere. Namely, the veterans thread. If you can convince everyone to stop mentioning glitches publicly, you'd have better luck than me.
Sorry, I got the wrong impression from the subsequent posts.

I do agree that any glitch talk shouldn't happen here.

These types of posts are pathetic. If you're not going to enlighten anyone, take it elsewhere.
Alright, just so there aren't any other sore butts around here. That was a joke aimed at the people who keep things quiet and tell people to post it in the "Veteran Lounge" (that no one ever posts in....).

Don't feed the trolls trying to police this thread or the Daves.

I'm sure this is old news, but I just received a "new" copy of Judgment PS5 via an order on their website, and it arrived in a sleeve, not factory sealed.

It's going back to the store and I'm just going to buy it from Best Buy or Amazon.

It's one thing for me to make a conscious choice to buy a gutted copy at their B&M, but to send a "new" copy that's gutted like this? Ridiculous.
Sadly that's a game that unless stores had a preorder for one then they only got 1 copy of the game, and since orders for regular games are fulfilled by the stores, you got some store's gutted copy. I preordered the Series X version and my store only received 2 or 3 copies, I forget how many they said.

Not saying it's right, but that's the reality of it. GS will likely never NOT gut games again after the disaster of how they did it for the 2020 holiday season.

When I had bought Gravity Rush Remastered from Gamestop a couple years ago it had the case but the UPC was cut out for some reason. I still bought it anyway because I figured I'd never see it again with some kind of case.
If there was a promo for when the game first came out, they may have cut the UPC code to send in for verification of purchase. I remember having to do it for the Robotech game for the OG XBox.

Price matched Biomutant to Amazon and used a $5 monthly coupon with no problem.
Weird last time I price match GameStop online price they told me I can’t use the coupon since I’m price matching. I guess it’s only if price matching GameStop and not other retailers or they pulled a fast one on me
Hypebeast you got an employee actually following the policy. I've seen their reference sheet and it says not to do coupons along with the PM, but as others have found out nothing in the GS system will stop a coupon being applied in addition to the PM.

Has anyone who ever bought one of the PS5 bundles from GameStop had any luck returning the games? I got the MLB The Show 21 and Miles Morales bundle but don’t want to pay $59.99 for these games.
I have gotten a bundle and returned the game with no issues but i have heard it various by store location. Some give cash some want to give a GameStop gift card and some just say no just depends.
Policy is not to return the games separately at all, but if you live in a suburban/urban area with multiple GS locations and want to try various ones, you can probably find one that will do the return b/c they don't know the policy or don't care.

Policy is not to return the games separately at all, but if you live in a suburban/urban area with multiple GS locations and want to try various ones, you can probably find one that will do the return b/c they don't know the policy or don't care.
Another option when returning PS5 games from the bundle is to go to someplace that doesn't require a receipt such as Target or Walmart to return the games.

Edit: Apparently this is can still be considered return fraud even if you have purchased the games at full price if you return them to another retailer. I do not recommend doing this.

Another option when returning PS5 games from the bundle is to go to someplace that doesn't require a receipt. I went to Target (Walmart also works) to return my games, since I always buy crap there anyway. I tell you though, the random Karen doing the return was like, "Why are these two things worth $150?" and I just made up a story about a kid getting them from their grandma and not wanting them. Bonus points if you bring them into the store in a Target bag ;)
Don't listen to this person. Nobody do this.

My copy of gravity rush is also minty in case.

Also, to no surprise, all my copies of HG/SS from the warehouse are fake, well one was real but has label damage, I guess that's a win? I would avoid buying that game at all cost online in the future, they just keep cycling returns (and will definitely sell these fakes that I am going to return)

What you're describing is return fraud and its against the law.
Don't listen to this person. Nobody do this.
Did some research and you are both right. I thought that return fraud only applied to stolen merchandise that was attempted to be returned, but it can apply to merchandise purchased at another store (depends on the jurisdiction). I've updated my original post accordingly to reflect that.

I can get trying to prevent glitches from being taken down once they became public semi public knowledge. But the least that can be done is give a hint to those people asking and or via pm if need be. The sarcasm just makes you look like jerks especially when a this is a deal thread and the whole point is to discuss deals. And making the joke obviously falls flat if you need to explain it.

check your gravity rush discs mines got a whole chunk missing out the top
probably in shipping but still

I love that GS negotiated a reprint and marked up to sell as pre-owned. If only they could get back to re-manufacturing some GS-only 3DS consoles... 

Or truly got back into the physical gaming with free pre-order steelbooks for everything! $20 Paw Patrol game release... STEELBOOK!  :cold:

It honestly would probably be a decent business for them if they negotiated reprints for some games for 60 or so that are long out of print and difficult to get.

Since reprints are being discussed, Ive noticed that 4 gamestop locations around me have “A way out” and “black mirror” all with the gamestop refurbished sticker. Cases look brand new except for the melted top and side, which is what the warehouse usually does to open new games.

I wish they were doing an early launch for Ratchet :(  It's the game I've been most looking forward to since PS5 was announced.  I'm impatient  :joystick:

I dont see the problem with the PUR double dip glitch. It has been going on for well over a year now. Obviously not something GS feels a need to fix. Unless you are picking up 2 $5 game currentcies, it is just an extra sale for them. Besides they have severely cut down on what it will work on online. Had to add about a dozen games to my cart, before I found 1 that it would apply to. Also considering GS just announced they are issueing 5 million new stock shares, at current price of $300+ a share, they are potentially looking at 1 and a half billion dollars in new funds. Also just hired a new CEO and CFO formerly fron AMAZON, so they dont look to be hurting for cash right now. So that being said, anyone looking to double dip their $5 PUR, write down your code, or add something to your cart and apply the code but dont actually purchase anything. Then go to a store and buy something and ask to apply your $5 PUR to the purchase. Should work on almost anything in store. Then try to find something it will work on online. Also note that it will not stack with the current buy new get 30% or 50% off, or the $40,$80,$100, $10,$20,$30 gift card promos.

I think it's good that the first Gravity Rush for the PS4 got a reprint, now more people can play it without overpaying. I know Gamefly offloaded their extra copies a few months ago for $49.99 and now Gamestop does a reprint for $59.99.

I think it's good that the first Gravity Rush for the PS4 got a reprint, now more people can play it without overpaying. I know Gamefly offloaded their extra copies a few months ago for $49.99 and now Gamestop does a reprint for $59.99.
I agree, I personally decided to pass on this preprint. But I think that anyone speculating on games that are currently gen/re-printable need to be aware of the possibility it can happen. I've been seeing reprints on "rare" current titles since the 32-bit days and you need to be prepared for the fact your "rare" copy is only as rare as a publisher decides.

My copy of gravity rush is also minty in case.

Also, to no surprise, all my copies of HG/SS from the warehouse are fake, well one was real but has label damage, I guess that's a win? I would avoid buying that game at all cost online in the future, they just keep cycling returns (and will definitely sell these fakes that I am going to return)
Your best chance at a real pokemon game is checking at 7:30 am EST. That is when they usually restock their website for games shipped from store. If not 7:30 am then it will be 7:45 am every day. Later in the day there is a way higher chance of them coming from their warehouse.

Just received my online Pre Order of FF7 Intergarde and Steelbook (Looks Great) shipped in a flat Cardboard mailer thing and wasn't damaged in anyway (Thankfully)

Needless to say, first time I received an Online PO on time or early

Your best chance at a real pokemon game is checking at 7:30 am EST. That is when they usually restock their website for games shipped from store. If not 7:30 am then it will be 7:45 am every day. Later in the day there is a way higher chance of them coming from their warehouse.
Didn't know that, thanks! I'm probably done with pokemon games, but I'll keep that in mind for other games.

Is there a source behind the 1600 Gravity Rushes reprinted? Although the market might be flooded short term, in the grand scheme of things that's still a pretty small number. Although, I doubt GameStop would reprint only 1,600. I'm sure they will release them over time as to not flood the market and decrease demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back