2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I didn't know about the 5 for $50 until last Friday when I was randomly in the store.  Debated hitting a couple others but decided to pass.  I really wish I'd done the circuit of them in my town with the $5 boost this week, lots of stuff I could have boomeranged for a decent return.

Has anyone traded in Ratchet for the Guaranteed to Love promo today? My in-store receipt actually says they only give back $59.99, which I’m guessing is old habit. I screenshotted the app saying $69.99 the other day, but now the promo isn’t showing on the app at all.

Has anyone traded in Ratchet for the Guaranteed to Love promo today? My in-store receipt actually says they only give back $59.99, which I’m guessing is old habit. I screenshotted the app saying $69.99 the other day, but now the promo isn’t showing on the app at all.
I did yesterday, got the full $69.99. My receipt also said $59.99 under that section.

I was able to get full price too. The employee ran it as a return though. I beat the whole game in like 10 hours. Figured there was no need to keep it. It'll be a PS+ game in 2 years.

I was able to get full price too. The employee ran it as a return though. I beat the whole game in like 10 hours. Figured there was no need to keep it. It'll be a PS+ game in 2 years.
Well, that kind of defeats the purpose of the G2L if they ran it as a return. At least you got your money back and not credit.

Same for me. Had the time to plow through it Friday/Saturday so I did. Great game but I wouldn't want to actually drop $70 on it.

They are asking me how much I enjoyed neo the world ends with you or whatever it's title is. Pretty sure that game is not even out yet and I only preordered it recently. Very weird.

We aren't slickdeals and slickdeals is a tiny percentage of the internet.

And Gamestop people have been reading these forums since at least 2004, they've even had an official rep posting here at one point.
I would argue that slickdeals is certainly more used then this site in general. But it’s very unlikely someone from GameStop is watching any forums to look for exploiting glitches to jump on and stomp. It’s much more likely they have a mediocre program that watches the online transactions and assigns someone to look at whatever the computer flags as a potential issue.

Wow so I just got around to testing one of my Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I ordered a couple weeks back and it had a weird scratch on the corner of the label. Should’ve thought to at least test it when I first got it, and apparently it’s Sonic Mania with a XC2 sticker on it. GameStop still doesn’t fail to disappoint!
That sucks. One easy way to check if it was just a label swap is to look at the label code and see if it matches the code on the back of the cart. It's the five letters before "USA" that need to be the same. Happened to me with Mario Party being swapped with that awful Troll game. I do that for every used Switch game I get. The employees are supposed to check to make sure the code matches during trade-in but...

I would argue that slickdeals is certainly more used then this site in general. But it’s very unlikely someone from GameStop is watching any forums to look for exploiting glitches to jump on and stomp. It’s much more likely they have a mediocre program that watches the online transactions and assigns someone to look at whatever the computer flags as a potential issue.
The more surprising thing is that people do these flips for $5-10 store credit per game, to a maximum of however many trades of the same copy per account without being trade banned. Taking home a salary of $34 an hour while working AT home means I can literally take a nap or fuck off on these forums, and I don't really get paid that much for IT.

Agreed that the poster pre-order bonuses suck. It'd be nice to have something interesting be included, but I suppose the manufacturing costs on small posters are negligible for a recovering GS.

The more surprising thing is that people do these flips for $5-10 store credit per game, to a maximum of however many trades of the same copy per account without being trade banned. Taking home a salary of $34 an hour while working AT home means I can literally take a nap or fuck off on these forums, and I don't really get paid that much for IT.

Agreed that the poster pre-order bonuses suck. It'd be nice to have something interesting be included, but I suppose the manufacturing costs on small posters are negligible for a recovering GS.
It never surprises me that people on a deal website whose tagline is "Never pay full price for your game!" are always shocked that people walking a couple of minutes in a mall between two stores to flip $15 into $45 with zero effort don't like leaving money on the table.

Was just told I had to preorder 7 games to trade in my 7 games. Not put the money on one preorder, actually preorder 7 separate games. I laughed at him and took my games back.

Anyone tried that $5 extra credit bonus today? Glad I waited for this deal if it actually works, have a bunch of random PS4 games idk what to do with but I guess they’re going to GameStop. Sucks they changed it from $2 base to $5 base but it seems they raised a lot of prices on things like COD WW2
I traded in the $5 copy of Gears Tactics I bought from BB and the copy of Wasteland 3 I bought from Gamefly (forgot MS bought INXILE Games) and got the $5 bonus on both, $26.50 total ($16 of that was Tactics.)

The new trade-in deal says $150 for Original Xbox One towards Xbox Series and Nintendo Consoles. I wanna get a Series X, but they're out of stock at GameStop. Could I get $150 GameStop trade credit or would they make me buy a Switch?
The system purchase has to be in the same transaction for the POS to bump the trade value.

It all depends on your free time and desire for free credit. Both a friend and I just got Vader Immortal fully preordered for $10, probably less than that for me once I use my $5 monthly coupon as well.

I've said many times I normally did these kinds of flips over my lunch break pre-pandemic, I'm working from home now but fully vaccinated so don't mind venturing out for easy money like this.

Did you put them on the same preorder or had to do 2 seperate ones?
the best thing to do is just do your trade in and put $5 down on a preorder. the POS will take care of everything, my advice is to pre order something that someone here has confirmed works, just in case there are games that dont trigger the bonus. i traded in 8 games and put $5 down on that doki doki game someone mentioned earlier and the trade credit bumped up $5 for every game as soon as they put it in.

The system purchase has to be in the same transaction for the POS to bump the trade value.
I called them and they said the exact same thing, word for word. I asked if they had any Xbox Series consoles but they said no. Like what's even the point of this promo.

I feel like instead of bumping the trade credit, gamestop should start giving $50 off certain console coupons when you trade in a system during the promotion since these consoles are hard to get. Then you could trade the console and effectively get the same value whenever you are able to get the console you want. I'm sure the coupons would be ripe for abuse though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back