2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The frustrating thing is that in the past the two different promos have calculated together properly without issue. I didn't notice until I got home because the inclusion of the extra $50 on my console was making the trade total roughly what I had expected.
I have never once heard or seen that two trade in promos worked together. The Gamestop system has always taken the promo that gives the customer the best value.

I have never once heard or seen that two trade in promos worked together. The Gamestop system has always taken the promo that gives the customer the best value.
I am 100% certain on this one but I think we're talking about different things still. I was not expecting to get 30% -and- $5 on all of my games. Everyone should know by now that the only consistent stacker is the Pro Day 10%. I was expecting some games in the transaction that only qualified for the 30% to get that appropriately, and the others that qualified for both, but were better off with the $5, to get the $5 only (and 10% for Pro). Instead, all of the games that should have gotten the 30% because they're older gen received only the 10% pro bump and nothing else while all of the $5 games received that. This has worked just fine plenty of times in the more recent past (1-2 yrs maybe) and has also not worked, but for me only a very long ago (2+ yrs). I always come to the store with my games sorted because of the non-cooperating trade bonuses years ago, but haven't had any issues with these two types of promos working in concert more recently (but again, NOT stacking). It seems the non-cooperation is back at least in this case and you have to do two transactions to accomplish the one goal.

Edited for some crappy typos and grammar.

Online inventory is -1, so those were likely the last copies. You can price match the website in-store now so just ask the associate to hold it and get over there ASAP.
Funny because I was already there trying to buy it, associate mentioned they have a new price matching system now and he didn’t know how to do it.

Funny because I was already there trying to buy it, associate mentioned they have a new price matching system now and he didn’t know how to do it.
Most stores printed out UPC stickers they can scan. One for each retailer: Walmart, Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Gamestop.com. It should be as simple as scan and then enter amount of price match.

I have hilariously gotten sealed first-party Switch games that I bought pre-owned. It's like buying a game from them is just a lottery regardless.

Order Trails of Cold Steel 3 for PS4 a few days ago. Arrived today complete with CD and ... the Steelbook, manual, and game for Trails 2! I guess the retail store that sent it thought it was all one set? Obviously was the same owner, because sadly both games reek of cigarette smell. Anyone have any good ideas of how to get rid of the smell? Right now I have them in a plastic sealed grocery bag with dryer sheets, but I have low expectations for that.
Try leaving them outside in direct sunlight. UV radiation destroys the stinky particles, although you probably don't want to leave the actual disc outside since UV will also destroy everything else over time (just at a much slower rate, like chemo).

I signed up for pro yesterday and got my 10k points today. When do I get my welcoming and monthly certs of $5?
If you signed up in store, the $5 welcome code should be on the receipt. The $5 monthly coupons are sent out 1st of the month, so you won't get it until July.

Any idea when does the pro membership sign up bonus end??
My store manager said it is going on until the end of the week so you probably have until the end of tomorrow

If you signed up in store, the $5 welcome code should be on the receipt. The $5 monthly coupons are sent out 1st of the month, so you won't get it until July.

My store manager said it is going on until the end of the week so you probably have until the end of tomorrow
I signed up online.

You'll get your welcome coupon in two days, but it's only for in-store and expires at the end of the month. I was not able to use mine in-store, though, so unless the employee did something wrong, I wrote it off at a loss. Still worth it when the membership is practically free after the 10k points.

Order Trails of Cold Steel 3 for PS4 a few days ago. Arrived today complete with CD and ... the Steelbook, manual, and game for Trails 2! I guess the retail store that sent it thought it was all one set? Obviously was the same owner, because sadly both games reek of cigarette smell. Anyone have any good ideas of how to get rid of the smell? Right now I have them in a plastic sealed grocery bag with dryer sheets, but I have low expectations for that.
I bought a used van and the lady smoked in it like crazy. Bought this spray called Ozium and one spray killed the smell. You don't want to inhale it, so spray a shot in the a bag etc and leave for awhile, don't breathe it when you open the bag either. I take my dad shopping a few times a month and he smokes in my van, I spray a shot at night and the next day the smell is gone. There is an after smell but it goes away fast.

I bought a used van and the lady smoked in it like crazy. Bought this spray called Ozium and one spray killed the smell. You don't want to inhale it, so spray a shot in the a bag etc and leave for awhile, don't breathe it when you open the bag either. I take my dad shopping a few times a month and he smokes in my van, I spray a shot at night and the next day the smell is gone. There is an after smell but it goes away fast.
Thanks! I bought some of the gel cannisters from Amazon. Promising reviews.

What would be the cheapest way for me to get ratchet and crank?  get 1 or 2 new game 30+ along with ratchet used  and then return it?  Not sure if they allow it

Of course the 30% and $5 bonus didn't stack. You get the better of the two deals. Once the TIV is above $16.67, 30% is better.
This actually isn't accurate. The 30% is really only a 20% boost +10% pro. The $5 also gets the 10% pro bump. So trading in a $25 base game with the 30% bonus gets you the same as the $5 bonus. So $25 is the threshold.

Don't forget to fill out your surveys on renewals if you have a good store.
It's good to highlight your store's success in getting subs and it may convince GS to run this promo more often.

Where do you see a 10k bonus for renewing? I don't see that anywhere on the website or in offers when I try going through poweruprewards.
It was on an email. Saturday 6/19 should be the last day. I renewed today in store and the associate said the 10,000 bonus points were still going on today.

I did my pro renew at another store and give me the zelda poster for free when i ask about it.  My home store refuse even after i buy the Series X and Metroid sollector edition.  

so do you need a sd card with a switch lite trade in? i dont remember if they came with one or not, i assume not.
It's been answered, but the Switch Lite has 32GB built-in storage, no cards. Expansion can be done through MicroSDs, but always take your MicroSD if you have one out before trading in the system as its not needed / doesn't come with one.

You'll get your welcome coupon in two days, but it's only for in-store and expires at the end of the month. I was not able to use mine in-store, though, so unless the employee did something wrong, I wrote it off at a loss. Still worth it when the membership is practically free after the 10k points.
More than free as long as you go to gamestop everymonth to get a $5 micrsoft credit

Because I'm not slow to deals like you
Why do you feel the need to stir the pot. Seriously I only ever see you post so you can gloat or rub it in other people's face.

How about when you see it you post it. Do something that is otherwise trying to be helpful for once.

Has anyone returned a $29.99+ New game from the promo and kept the preowned title purchasing in store? Do they prorate the amount or do you get the full amount for the new purchase?

So I go into a store to return my Remake Intergrade and the employee there says (in a non serious tone) "*sigh* Thanks, now I have yet another copy I can't sell". I respond with sorry, I only ordered it for the SB but I didn't get one, and she goes... if I give you an SB, will re-buy the game? (Return/rebuy so that the SB shows up on the receipt with the game.) 

So I walk out with the game and an SB... it's kinda scratched up but whatever, I'll take it. And I guess I shouldn't be surprised these are selling poorly. $70 is a pretty insane price... 

go return it to another gs now

Screenshot_20210619-214236__01.jpg

So I go into a store to return my Remake Intergrade and the employee there says (in a non serious tone) "*sigh* Thanks, now I have yet another copy I can't sell". I respond with sorry, I only ordered it for the SB but I didn't get one, and she goes... if I give you an SB, will re-buy the game? (Return/rebuy so that the SB shows up on the receipt with the game.)

So I walk out with the game and an SB... it's kinda scratched up but whatever, I'll take it. And I guess I shouldn't be surprised these are selling poorly. $70 is a pretty insane price...
What toska said:

wait wtf i though steelbooks dont show up on receipts
They don't. I got one and it doesn't have a barcode, so there's no way to scan it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back