2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I have no idea what the criteria for determining shipping location is. It seems to be random. If you order just one item it's likely not coming from your closest available retail store, and if you order multiple items, it's a crapshoot if they even make an attempt to find a store that has both, or just ship the items from two different locations.

Even then, I'm not sure if all retail stores ship or what triggers online inventory to be available. For example, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is sold out online. Are they implying zero retail stores have that game? Or are they looking only at a certain list of stores, or does there need to be a minimum number of stock at retail available for it to trigger as available online? Even though demand is up, it's still a pretty common game, I'd imagine 50-100 stores or so across the country have that game in stock. So if there is a minimum required quantity, I'm curious how much it is and if it varies by game, platform, etc.
Inventory is not working properly and iirc is at -1 which is why most stores are out of stock for online.

The current 3 month cycle of cert expiration is today (?), so I'd refrain from redeeming now anyways  :oldman:

every 3 months they delete your certs?
Yeah but you wouldn't know it because there is no mention of it anywhere on their site/app/confirmation email. I got burned by this last year and now only redeem for in-store certificates the same day I am using them.
They issue them for a specific period of time that is just arbitrary dates. If you redeem in January, the expiration date will be the same as one redeemed in March. (It used to be 6 months, but it sounds like they've been reduced to 3 months now)

They do, however, list the date that it expires for the online coupon, and this is viewable before redemption. The expiration date used to be prominent, but now its less so (it's still on there for the online one; I just checked). The in-store one doesn't list an expiration date.

Got all three of my games in the mail. Fast turn around and all 3 are in pristine condition. The Cyberpunk 2077 still had case sleeve, post-cards, map and other extras. I was expecting at least one black case.

I'm sure there will be a trade boost by July's end. GS will want to restock after the b2g1 pre-owned sale thats gonna happen this weekend. Wonder if the July 4th sale will start on Friday and last till Sunday or if it will start on Sunday and be an entire week long.

I'm trying to buy the $5 in Xbox credit online with the discount code, but it stops me when it asks for the credit card CVV number.
This happened to me when trying to buy the $10 psn credit, i couldnt enter the cvv number so i just used paypal. Super happy i could buy the $10 psn credit online though, never allowed it in the past. Hopefully they keep it going.

This happened to me when trying to buy the $10 psn credit, i couldnt enter the cvv number so i just used paypal. Super happy i could buy the $10 psn credit online though, never allowed it in the past. Hopefully they keep it going.
I figured PSN credit was the way to go instead of Xbox credit in this case since (a) I get a free $10 deposit in my Xbox account using Microsoft Rewards shortly after the first of each month and (b) I can't buy a PSN card in increments of less than $25 at most retailers. I'm considering Batman: Return to Arkham and Risen 3: Enhanced on the PlayStation store since both are currently on sale. Score!

^Just FYI, you can get $10 PSN as a digital code on a receipt in store. My store hasn't had $10 physical cards in months, so that's what I do every month.

^Just FYI, you can get $10 PSN as a digital code on a receipt in store. My store hasn't had $10 physical cards in months, so that's what I do every month.
My store actually told me the opposite, they have tons of $10 physical card though. They no longer print the codes digitally on the receipt. This was about 2 months ago

I try to avoid going into the stores period. This thing where you can order digital credit and use the $5 off coupon at home without having to hear their constant pre-order pitches and attempts at warranty upsells is a game-changer! :shock:

GameStop took my return online for the bundled items with my PS5 that I got 2 weeks ago. Seemed simple enough, request return last Monday, sent the games in, delivered to address last Wednesday, got the refund just yesterday. Will be doing that for any future bundles or anything GameStop tries to do for hot items

GameStop took my return online for the bundled items with my PS5 that I got 2 weeks ago. Seemed simple enough, request return last Monday, sent the games in, delivered to address last Wednesday, got the refund just yesterday. Will be doing that for any future bundles or anything GameStop tries to do for hot items
Mine kept getting "We don’t seem to recognize that order number or email. Please double check and try again." when I tried to return it that way... Was able to return in store tho

Mine kept getting "We don’t seem to recognize that order number or email. Please double check and try again." when I tried to return it that way... Was able to return in store tho
Yeah that part of the site doesn’t work but I just chatted with a rep and they sent me the labels to send them back with. Was an easy experience

End up getting $10 in PSN credit too. I always forget to use those $5 coupons when in store (the few times I actually go to the store). I don't normally buy digital goods but I figure I can reup on 1 year PS+ eventually with it. I use my trade credit to pay for the other $5 so even cheaper than I would have spent otherwise.

I rather have 20% off used games and trade in bonus but I get Gamestop doesn't like losing money from it. More people ignore those $5 coupons so they save money while making it seem like you're getting a better deal with those coupons. Eh, at least it's good for this credit.

Looks like chewy dot com guy and his band of ex-Amazon execs are expanding store hours now that they are in control. My local store for the last few months has been 11-7 all 7 days of the week but is now going 10-7 Sun-Th and 10-8 on F/Sat. I read on Reddit some stores are going as far as 8-10 7 days a week.

Does Gamestop accept EUR games now for trade-in? Because I've been getting a few of them lately. I was wondering why so many games lately have been in stock/heavily discounted, and that may be why.

no way, every time i return one they comment that its not allowed to trade those in the first place
Okay, I figured as much. Maybe Gamestop went and bought some EUR copies for cheap since they know the Switch is region-free. I just got Oddworld and an older Disgaea title from them, and both are EUR.

Okay, I figured as much. Maybe Gamestop went and bought some EUR copies for cheap since they know the Switch is region-free. I just got Oddworld and an older Disgaea title from them, and both are EUR.
Interesting, the only PAL game I've ever received from GameStop.com is also a Disgaea game, still have it.

I also received a PEGI game in the mail today and the store refused to return it. They said it's not their fault the website sent it and said since the stores don't take in PEGI games they can't return it. I contacted my CC about it and they are going to refund me through a chargeback instead since GS refused.

I also received a PEGI game in the mail today and the store refused to return it. They said it's not their fault the website sent it and said since the stores don't take in PEGI games they can't return it. I contacted my CC about it and they are going to refund me through a chargeback instead since GS refused.
gamestonk has online returns now. you can send the $hit they send you like fake pokemon games straight back to them.

…how did you not punch him in the face?

Does Gamestop accept EUR games now for trade-in? Because I've been getting a few of them lately. I was wondering why so many games lately have been in stock/heavily discounted, and that may be why.
you mean you're getting them from gamestop or just in general? if you are getting them from ebay or whatever, that's probably because the EUR versions are pretty worthless compared to the US versions for most games.

you mean you're getting them from gamestop or just in general? if you are getting them from ebay or whatever, that's probably because the EUR versions are pretty worthless compared to the US versions for most games.
Why is it that EUR games are so worthless? Can’t trade them in? eBay and amazon are littered with them.

My ratchet and clank pre owned with a $30 new game didn’t come with original case and the order isn’t showing up on my order history. Would I still be able to return it? Came with a receipt in the package tho says picked date 6/17

Why is it that EUR games are so worthless? Can’t trade them in? eBay and amazon are littered with them.
Everyone wants US copies. You don't see EU copies sell for nearly as much, even within Europe. I'm guessing it's a combination of them being in print longer and Europe not having the same "collectors mentality" as America, though who really knows. I remember when some anime blu-rays would go out of print, the US versions would sell for hundreds and you could buy a brand new one from Amazon UK for like $10 shipped.

I dealt with similar but for an opened 'new' game. Ordered it online but it just came with the game in a sleeve marked 'new'. Went to the store and explained that I want a new game, not a used opened one. I know it's not that stores fault but I want my money back or an exchange. Girl got very angry with me saying it's open she can't take it back, but explained again the situation and got a manager involved. Manager had no problem and said it happens all the time, the customer isn't wrong for wanting what they paid for.

I would have went with the online option after that but wanted my money back sooner than later.

GameStop Fourth of July sale:

- Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all used games

- $30 xtra trade credit on game consoles

- 25% xtra trade credit on game controllers

- 20% off 2 or more used games $20 or less

The rest of the sale suck and is not worth mentioning.  Starts July 1 - 4 Sunday.

GameStop Fourth of July sale:

- Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all used games

- $30 xtra trade credit on game consoles

- 25% xtra trade credit on game controllers

- 20% off 2 or more used games $20 or less

The rest of the sale suck and is not worth mentioning.  Starts July 1 - 4 Sunday.

You can return it by starting an online return request.

I don’t think you can access DLC (and maybe updates) if a game is outside your region. That is probably why people don’t want the EU region games.
You have to create an account for that region for updates. It’s not that hard, but people are lazy.

I have a couple European games because I wanted the game and the used prices for US versions had gotten stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back