2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have destroy all humans x1 $9.99,kingdoms of amalur x1 $9.99 and cyberpunk ps4 $17.99 =$37.97 but I'm still not able to get free shipping even though I'm above the threshold.What gives?
Aren't you also getting 20% off each because of the "Buy 2+ $19.99 or less games, get 20% off"? That would put you under the $35 threshold.

Did the controller/accessory trade in promo end yesterday? I hate how hard it is to find trade in promos on their website.
i think so, it was part of the july 4th sale, with the extra $30 for console trade ins. I swore it said it ran through today, but I guess not since the summer sale took its place today.

I’ve got KoA:Re-Reckoning, Destroy all Humans, and the Cyberpunk guide… looking for another $10 game to reach free shipping. Suggestions? I was looking at GI Joe or Human: Fall Flat…

I find it odd that I buy much more non-video games from Gamestop. Magic has a great sale on today if you are looking for the Zendikar Rising bundle.....got it for 22 vs 27 before

I’ve got KoA:Re-Reckoning, Destroy all Humans, and the Cyberpunk guide… looking for another $10 game to reach free shipping. Suggestions? I was looking at GI Joe or Human: Fall Flat…
does it have to be ps4?

i picked up redout

Just had no problems redeeming for and using $15 and $10 PUR online only coupons. It did involve a verification code step that was sent to my email.

ended up getting KOA, Destroy all Humans and Civilization 6 for ps4, added fifa 15 to get free shipping. was trying to find some preowned to pair with civ 6 yesterday but couldn't find anything I wanted at the right price.

I'm not expecting much for trade promos with the Switch OLED. Maybe get $225 when trading toward OLED.
You'd be better off selling it closer to Christmas. I sold my used, 3 year-old Switch for more than $100 over MSRP last November. After shipping and fees, I netted about $350-360

[quote name="Gurren Lagann" post="14407893" timestamp="1625505177"]So I have destroy all humans x1 $9.99,kingdoms of amalur x1 $9.99 and cyberpunk ps4 $17.99 =$37.97 but I'm still not able to get free shipping even though I'm above the threshold.What gives?

All po games under $19.99 are 2 or more 20% off, so that takes your total before tax under $35, so throw something cheap in for free shipping.

So I guess we will not be able to use the monthly certificates online anymore. Since they are changing store hours, that would make sense that you have to use them in store now.

Currently $5 pro cert online only will work on new games under $29.99 nothing else. Keep this in mind if wanting to double dip or just use it online. Also anyone looking just up their $5 cert, you can pick up kingdoms of amalur or destroy all humans for ps4 or xbone in store pick up for $4.99 after cert. Even if you dont want the game, you can flip it back for $4.40 credit , then use the credit on anything.

I received my Shining Resonance Refrain (PS4) that I picked up during B2G1 free last week.  The package felt heavy and when I opened it, they sent me the launch edition with a nice hefty case and slipcover.  Pretty nice surprise!

Thats because of the switch shortage from covid tho
They weren't in "short supply" because of COVID. The COVID short supply on Switch consoles was earlier in the year. Switch consoles go in and out of stock around BF every year because of holiday demand. I made some money selling them in 2019 too after I noticed it in 2018.

Ignore me if you want, but I've noticed this trend for 3 years now.

They weren't in "short supply" because of COVID. The COVID short supply on Switch consoles was earlier in the year. Switch consoles go in and out of stock around BF every year because of holiday demand. I made some money selling them in 2019 too after I noticed it in 2018.

Ignore me if you want, but I've noticed this trend for 3 years now.
This might have changed, but last I checked, older switches actually had a premium on the secondary market because they were hackable and the newer ones are not.

GRAPEVINE, Texas, July 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME) (“GameStop” or the “Company”) today announced the continued expansion of its North American fulfillment network and entry into a lease of a 530,000 square foot facility in Reno, Nevada, which is expected to be operational in 2022. The Company’s new presence in Reno, Nevada will position it to grow product offerings and expedite shipping across the west coast. This expansion follows GameStop’s entry into a lease of a 700,000 square foot facility in York, Pennsylvania.

Cool to see them spending money on being better.

I received my Shining Resonance Refrain (PS4) that I picked up during B2G1 free last week. The package felt heavy and when I opened it, they sent me the launch edition with a nice hefty case and slipcover. Pretty nice surprise!
congrats. It's seemingly uncommon to get anything other than the disc only in generic case or original case anymore :/

This might have changed, but last I checked, older switches actually had a premium on the secondary market because they were hackable and the newer ones are not.
They weren't buying it for that. It was for their kid's or grandkid's Christmas gift. They messaged me asking that the box not have any identifying marks because it was for a gift. But to those who know, it might. They only bought mine because Amazon has just sold out on BF

GRAPEVINE, Texas, July 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME) (“GameStop” or the “Company”) today announced the continued expansion of its North American fulfillment network and entry into a lease of a 530,000 square foot facility in Reno, Nevada, which is expected to be operational in 2022. The Company’s new presence in Reno, Nevada will position it to grow product offerings and expedite shipping across the west coast. This expansion follows GameStop’s entry into a lease of a 700,000 square foot facility in York, Pennsylvania.

Cool to see them spending money on being better.
Unfortunately it’s just a facility for opening and refurbishing new games to sell them as GameStop new

Did an online return for some poor condition labels retro games from the last restock and they refunded tax and everything via gift card. (In store returns don’t refund tax in my state since I used trade credit). Might do this more often as there are FedEx drop offs at a Walgreens I pass a lot (usually deal with usps/ups normally).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back