2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto on the gtl code but it's buried on a hella long receipt.

On the positive side, my closest store went back to the pre-pandemic 10am opening this week.

Huh. It turns out Monster Hunter was g2l last week but I didn’t see any mention here. It also wasn’t advertised at all as far as I’m aware.

But today I was in store and saw a g2l poster with Skyward Sword and Monster Hunter Stories 2 (nothing else) which made me double check my receipt from a week ago. I would have churned some copies if I had known.

Anyways the g2l code for Skyward Sword is EBC 3066843 in case anyone needs it.

Don't know if this mean anything but Nocturne HD remaster PS4 is no longer listed on the GameStop website/app...
That is very unsettling. I hope it's not OOP. It's still $39.99 on Amazon so I just ordered two copies right now (one to play, one to keep sealed) just in case. I don't want to miss out.

Is G2L the right term? All the times I mentioned in store what the current G2L games are, the employees are very confused by the term. Have to explain the promotion than they know but G2L (or saying Guaranteed to Love It) doesn't ring any bells for them.

Is G2L the right term? All the times I mentioned in store what the current G2L games are, the employees are very confused by the term. Have to explain the promotion than they know but G2L (or saying Guaranteed to Love It) doesn't ring any bells for them.
it's gamestop so i have low expectations. no one would even know about G2L if they didn't have those black and white print outs by the register.

Is G2L the right term? All the times I mentioned in store what the current G2L games are, the employees are very confused by the term. Have to explain the promotion than they know but G2L (or saying Guaranteed to Love It) doesn't ring any bells for them.
Yes, G2L is the right term. Employees are always confused. Most of the time they have no idea what their current sales or trade promos are and deny they exist until they ring up at the register. Your problem was asking them instead of just letting the register do its thing.

Your problem was asking them instead of just letting the register do its thing.
I asked what the current G2L games were and info on what next month G2L games would be, since I didn't know. Can't ring up an item I don't know even applies to the promo.

I asked what the current G2L games were, since I didn't know. Can't ring up an item I don't know even applies to the promo.
Sadly as you learned the employees are often unaware of any promotions going on. If there's no printout at the register or you don't see it in the weekly ad then you're better off just asking in here. I used to make the mistake of asking employees about their promos and like I said they either had no clue or denied the promo and then they acted dumbfounded when they ring up at the register automatically.

They were aware of the promo, they just didn't correlate the term G2L to the promo.
That's a problem then if they don't know what their own promo is called. What did they call it when you asked them? The mystery promotion? There's a reason everyone has called it G2L for some time now. It's not like the posters on here would just make up a name.

Is G2L the right term? All the times I mentioned in store what the current G2L games are, the employees are very confused by the term. Have to explain the promotion than they know but G2L (or saying Guaranteed to Love It) doesn't ring any bells for them.
Yes. CAG first reported on it back on april 16th 2019. The very first guaranteed to love it game was Days Gone. Here’s the tweet:

News: GameStop to Launch "Guaranteed to Love it" program. If you return the game within 48 hours of the game's launch you get your money back in the form of Trade-in Credit. First game is Days Gone. If you hate it, bring it back with 48 hours and get $59.99 in trade-in credit.

Yes. CAG first reported on it back on april 16th 2019. The very first guaranteed to love it game was Days Gone. Here’s the tweet:

News: GameStop to Launch "Guaranteed to Love it" program. If you return the game within 48 hours of the game's launch you get your money back in the form of Trade-in Credit. First game is Days Gone. If you hate it, bring it back with 48 hours and get $59.99 in trade-in credit.

GameStop just screwed me over in store:

-came in store to buy a gift

-at checkout the employee mentions he’ll be renewing my pro membership as well “it’s free”

-told him NO I already renewed earlier this week for the promotion; he says ok but renews me anyway using 15k points I had saved - saw this on my receipt

-called GameStop customer service and the rep is being strange taking the store associate’s side saying “it’s great he renewed you because I don’t see you’ve renewed your pro membership in some time”

-told the rep on phone I renewed when the bonus 10k promo started but that’s besides the point, the store associate used my points without my permission

-rep says okay let me get my supervisor in order to “fix” things

-their way of fixing things is canceling out my pro account all together and they tell me they’ve done this after the fact while I was on hold - all my points are gone

I guess I’ll have to get in touch with the better business bureau monday…

Got 20 loftwing amiibos online yesterday, already delivered and already ebayed them for 44 + shipping and moved on, thanks GameStop

-came in store to buy a gift
-at checkout the employee mentions he’ll be renewing my pro membership as well “it’s free”
-told him NO I already renewed earlier this week for the promotion; he says ok but renews me anyway using 15k points I had saved - saw this on my receipt
-called GameStop customer service and the rep is being strange taking the store associates said saying “it’s great he renewed you because I don’t see you’ve renewed your pro membership in some time”
-told the rep on phone I renewed when the bonus 10k promo started but that’s besides the point, the store associate used my points without my permission
-rep says okay let me get my supervisor in order to “fix” things
-their way of fixing things is canceling out my pro account all together and they tell me they’ve done this after the fact while I was on hold - all my points are gone
I guess I’ll have to get in touch with the better business bureau monday…
Contact the District Manager through another store. Customer service is a shitty 3rd party company.

Do the survey and ask to be contacted by the DM or upper management. In the meantime if you have time, go to the store and speak to the store manager / lead. Explain the situation, showing proof that you already got Pro not that long ago and there was no reason for them to re-up you.

The survey is the easiest way to get in contact with someone though. Do that and provide as much detail as possible.

Called a GameStop store a fair distance from my house because they’re the only store with a copy of MH Stories 2 in stock and asked if they could hold it. They said no but I could order it online for pickup. I explained it was not on the website and they said “Oh must be a website issue. Sorry we can’t put it on hold though”. After saying I would think about it they said “Before you go, we do have the amiibos in stock”. Never change GameStop

Called a GameStop store a fair distance from my house because they’re the only store with a copy of MH Stories 2 in stock and asked if they could hold it. They said no but I could order it online for pickup. I explained it was not on the website and they said “Oh must be a website issue. Sorry we can’t put it on hold though”. After saying I would think about it they said “Before you go, we do have the amiibos in stock”. Never change GameStop
I've also been told by a store recently that they no longer hold any items which is a bad new policy if it's company policy and not just employees making up their own rules. Like you said many items can't be ordered for in store pickup regardless of how many they have in store. They just keep making shopping with them more and more difficult.

Everything is relative. I work for a Fortune 500 company and make around $100 an hour, sometimes much more depending on bonuses so I don't bother with flipping games but some people have lower incomes so it seems like a good opportunity for them. I try not to be judgmental towards other people because I remember when I was in the same situation. I remember once when we had literally nothing to do at work all day so I got paid $1,000 to play Mario Kart on the Nintendo Switch online all day in my office on the company Wifi with the rest of my employees.
What's your job?

Do the survey and ask to be contacted by the DM or upper management. In the meantime if you have time, go to the store and speak to the store manager / lead. Explain the situation, showing proof that you already got Pro not that long ago and there was no reason for them to re-up you.

The survey is the easiest way to get in contact with someone though. Do that and provide as much detail as possible.

Contact the District Manager through another store. Customer service is a shitty 3rd party company.
Thanks guys i'm going to do everything you both mentioned, I just found the receipt showing proof I had already renewed on the 13th. Now to fill out the survey with today's receipt

The job flexing on this forum is some cringy shit. The only thing cringier than it is Jurai being 37 years old and bragging about flipping Amiibo.
caggamers is IATCG. He has never worked a day in his pitiful life. He lives off disability and registers new accounts here every few months. Just some piece of garbage being pointedly contrarian about everything and posting any deals we talk about on Slickdeals.

There's a marked difference between his obviously bullshit hyperbole and giving people perspective on whether or not wasting their days hunting for games in stores to buy for $150 in cash that could've been used for anything to flip for $190 Gamestop credit throughout a pandemic is really worth it. I still read your responses to my posts (when there are any) and choose not to argue the point, but the reality of more lucrative ventures is there. And I'm lowkey wondering if y'all will continue to do this when minimum wage is $15 an hour universally.

caggamers is IATCG. He has never worked a day in his pitiful life. He lives off disability and registers new accounts here every few months. Just some piece of garbage being pointedly contrarian about everything and posting any deals we talk about on Slickdeals.

There's a marked difference between his obviously bullshit hyperbole and giving people perspective on whether or not wasting their days hunting for games in stores to buy for $150 in cash that could've been used for anything to flip for $190 Gamestop credit throughout a pandemic is really worth it. I still read your responses to my posts (when there are any) and choose not to argue the point, but the reality of more lucrative ventures is there. And I'm lowkey wondering if y'all will continue to do this when minimum wage is $15 an hour universally.
tangentially, i miss b2g1 boomerang of top tier switch and 3ds games. it was awesome to go to store a, load up using credit, remove stickers, go to store b and trade them in for hundreds of extra credit. then rinse and repeat at stores c and d. all done on the saturday morning of stealth bump weekend.

even with a good job, this was fun and worth it to me.

nowadays, no elite, no 50% trade promo, no prestige day, $70 msrp with same tivs :(

i have slowly cashed out all my thousands of credit on eshop, psn, and netflix. lately, the only things worthwhile have been buying 2 $30 games, getting 50% off a top tier used game, and then returning the new games and price matching walmart in store price (extra bonus with g2l if you want to)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back