2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyward Sword is $50 on Gamestop.com right now (add it to cart). Should be an easy price match +$5 off if you still have your coupon form this month.
From my experience, this won't work in-store because the price-match is a "promo" and won't stack with the $5 off. I tried it on Friday with Skyward Sword HD when I requested a PM to Walmart's $49.94 in-store price, and while the PM worked just fine, the $5 monthly coupon wouldn't apply to the lowered price.

Are there any blanket trade in promos going on that are not tied to a preorder or pro membership? I think I saw +30% on everything but that may have ended

Are there any blanket trade in promos going on that are not tied to a preorder or pro membership? I think I saw +30% on everything but that may have ended
My stores are pushing the +10% bags. With pro it stacks to 20% without being tied to a pre-order. And +30% only works if you have pro so I'm not sure which promo you're referring to.

Just ordered Skyward Sword + Crash 4 (both new) for $68.82 after $5 monthly & Save $10 over $75 promo.
Just picked this order up instore. Both sealed and they gave me the Zelda poster when I asked. I told them a felt a little bad since I had preordered Zelda already in store but the manager said no, it was better that you did with the promotions. Rolled the Zelda preorder into Sonic Colors to keep up the goodwill.

From my experience, this won't work in-store because the price-match is a "promo" and won't stack with the $5 off. I tried it on Friday with Skyward Sword HD when I requested a PM to Walmart's $49.94 in-store price, and while the PM worked just fine, the $5 monthly coupon wouldn't apply to the lowered price.
Must depend on how the employee rings up the pm. Yesterday i pm'd the walmart price and used 25+5+5(monthly) in reward certs as well.

Will Gamestop price match their own website? Wreckfest is DotD for $13 and I’d like to get it with trade credit. I’d like to save a step by maybe doing it all in-store rather than trade a game for credit and then order it. I tried searching twice to find the answer and didn’t come across anything.

Will Gamestop price match their own website? Wreckfest is DotD for $13 and I’d like to get it with trade credit. I’d like to save a step by maybe doing it all in-store rather than trade a game for credit and then order it. I tried searching twice to find the answer and didn’t come across anything.
Ymmv but I just price matched skyward sword in store.

They have been told not to price match the DOTD on the website unless you threaten to speak to the DM. I bet most employees would though without much fuss

Ymmv but I just price matched skyward sword in store.
They have been told not to price match the DOTD on the website unless you threaten to speak to the DM. I bet most employees would though without much fuss
Thanks for the info. The stores here are short staffed with only one SL at each location. They have a few new hires so unless the manager is working today I may be out of luck trying to price match. I'll just go in and trade a couple of games and then order it online.

I wanted to price match Monster Hunter Stories 2 and Skyward Sword HD for $49.99 each and use my 20k points and $5 monthly cert on the purchase. Also wanted to take advantage of spend $75 save $10. Does the breakdown seem right?[attachment=35800:91C48D3F-FA41-4566-9A2F-521C68138948.jpeg]

Edit: There wasn’t a $20 cert so she said to redeem two $10 certs instead. I did some research just now and the same value can’t be stacked. I have a save $10 off any item active offer. Does that mean one cert didn’t get used?

Yup total looks good. First discount was price match, thats why it says promo not found. Second discount was $10 coupon and the other game was your $5 monthly coupon. Third and final discount was the $10 off if you spend $75+. You should still have one $10 coupon left over.

Yup total looks good. First discount was price match, thats why it says promo not found. Second discount was $10 coupon and the other game was your $5 monthly coupon. Third and final discount was the $10 off if you spend $75+. You should still have one $10 coupon left over.
He only got $15 off so something went wrong. He should have gotten $25 off if everything applied besides the extra $10 off coupon.

I wanted to price match Monster Hunter Stories 2 and Skyward Sword HD for $49.99 each and use my 20k points and $5 monthly cert on the purchase. Also wanted to take advantage of spend $75 save $10. Does the breakdown seem right?
attachicon.gif
91C48D3F-FA41-4566-9A2F-521C68138948.jpeg

Edit: There wasn’t a $20 cert so she said to redeem two $10 certs instead. I did some research just now and the same value can’t be stacked. I have a save $10 off any item active offer. Does that mean one cert didn’t get used?
I'm sure this is what you found, just filling in the blanks for anyone else unaware:

You can't use two of the same denomination reward cert in one transaction. You could use the $5 monthly, $5 new member reward, and a $5 cert as they are all technically different. The policy is also supposed to be that only 3 rewards certs may be used per transaction on a single item, but the POS does not block it, so you can redeem a $5, $10, $15, $25, and $50 reward cert for a total of $105 off (plus the $5 monthly and $5 new member for a total of $115 off). The system does not work well when trying to do multiple items with multiple certificates, though, usually just taking them all of the highest value item, so if your certs total more than the cost of the most expensive item, you have to do multiple transactions.

This doesn’t look right. The price match wasn’t included. You would’ve been better off just taking the price match plus extra $10 and saved your cents. Both Price Matches show $0. You might be able to ask for a $20 refund since the price match wasn’t included, but they could deny you.

I wanted to price match Monster Hunter Stories 2 and Skyward Sword HD for $49.99 each and use my 20k points and $5 monthly cert on the purchase. Also wanted to take advantage of spend $75 save $10. Does the breakdown seem right? 91C48D3F-FA41-4566-9A2F-521C68138948.jpeg

Should have used a $15 and $5 cert next time, but yeah, looks like you got all 3 discounts, and should still have a $10 cert left, because you can use 2 of the same discount on 1 transaction. 2 $5 would have worked because 1 was a monthly and other would have been regular cert. But getting your monthly to stack with any other discount is highly YMMV so you got lucky there.

This doesn’t look right. The price match wasn’t included. You would’ve been better off just taking the price match plus extra $10 and saved your cents. Both Price Matches show $0. You might be able to ask for a $20 refund since the price match wasn’t included, but they could deny you.
Price matches showing $0.00 is correct and how it is displayed. The "Disc: -5.05 Promotion Not Found" is the price match as they have to manually adjust it. The Price Match that's displayed there is just the bar code they scan beforehand to properly notate the receipt and so that corporate can keep track of how the promo is working. Super clunky.

Bought Skyward on Friday. Haven't opened it. Think they'll PM the cheaper price now or will I have to return and rebuy online for instore pickup?
Gamestop doesn't offer post-purchase PMs, so you'd have to buy online at the cheaper price and return the more expensive one at some point.

Gamestop doesn't offer post-purchase PMs, so you'd have to buy online at the cheaper price and return the more expensive one at some point.
Figured as much. They did say they PM their website at the store I bought it at, so maybe I'll be able to return and rebuy at same time. Suppose I need to return the poster too.

Called a GameStop store a fair distance from my house because they’re the only store with a copy of MH Stories 2 in stock and asked if they could hold it. They said no but I could order it online for pickup. I explained it was not on the website and they said “Oh must be a website issue. Sorry we can’t put it on hold though”. After saying I would think about it they said “Before you go, we do have the amiibos in stock”. Never change GameStop
I've also been told by a store recently that they no longer hold any items which is a bad new policy if it's company policy and not just employees making up their own rules. Like you said many items can't be ordered for in store pickup regardless of how many they have in store. They just keep making shopping with them more and more difficult.
The problem is stores face fairly big negative consequences if they deny online orders and the vast majority of people that say they're coming in for something never show up so if I was told correctly by the staff at my local store it's a corporate directive to send people to the site and not do manual holds.

Is there a fix for this error on GameStop.com?

Oops! We can’t process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address.

Is there a fix for this error on GameStop.com?

Oops! We can’t process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address.
It should fix itself in a day or two. But if you need to buy something now try it on a VPN connected somewhere in the US. That helped me when I was having the same issue.

Was able to return and rebuy the zelda joycons and saved $10+tax. Also double dipped my $5 coupon to get Catherine full body for $10 and it was actually sealed.

Store didn't think the 10k point promo was still going on so I didn't bother trying. Don't really trust the gamestop email from sunday since its not in the ad.

The 10k promo has never been in the ad. Just the emails. The one from Sunday and another one from this morning advertises it. But I understand the skepticism since GS is pretty incompetent half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back