2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have a banner that says you get a $15 gift card when you renew PUR using Klarna.
I tried doing this yesterday (using their link on the promo page terms & conditions to sign up), and it gave me some error telling me to go to the store to upgrade to pro, but it looks like this is only good online.

I tried again today and it's trying to do auto-renewal, and even if I don't check that box, Klarna isn't able to be selected (along with any other payment method except credit card) and says "Does Not Support Auto-Renewal," so what gives?

I got a question.  I am "pretty" sure i redeemed my monthly coupon in july already.  Yesterday i received an email saying my july $5 coupon is waiting. Is it an error or they somehow send me another one?

I got a question. I am "pretty" sure i redeemed my monthly coupon in july already. Yesterday i received an email saying my july $5 coupon is waiting. Is it an error or they somehow send me another one?
Exact same situation for me. I think they might have sent out extras on accident? I also renewed my PUR though, so maybe it has something to do with that.

To whoever recommended buying multiple copies of Niche titles you were absolutely wrong lmao. Other copy of DOTD Catherine showed up and it was also a gutted display copy!

As other people have suggested, try price matching Fallen Legions Revenant at Target/BB instead of ordering from GameStop. Same goes for Poison Control and Sakura wars - all have been gutted last time I ordered them and my local stores only had gutted copies

Last ones I ordered were clear circle sticker and the other in a large plastic clear thing. Like it was sealed in an oversized Plastic wrap.

To whoever recommended buying multiple copies of Niche titles you were absolutely wrong lmao. Other copy of DOTD Catherine showed up and it was also a gutted display copy!
Sucks. Maybe it's gotten worse. I've had major problems with guts lately but not when ordering two. Might be because I usually try to stay away from the niche weeb games that seem to get very little stock at GS. Maybe the solution next time is to buy 5 lol

As other people have suggested, try price matching Fallen Legions Revenant at Target/BB instead of ordering from GameStop. Same goes for Poison Control and Sakura wars - all have been gutted last time I ordered them and my local stores only had gutted copies
None of the Best Buy or Target locations here in STL carry the obscure games like that. Hopefully better luck for others.

I got a question. I am "pretty" sure i redeemed my monthly coupon in july already. Yesterday i received an email saying my july $5 coupon is waiting. Is it an error or they somehow send me another one?
I got that email as well and I've already redeemed my July coupon twice (instore/online).

But when I compared the code in the email to the screenshot of the original coupon, the code is the same. So, it must just be some kind of reminder they are sending out now (without checking if it was used).

I got that email as well and I've already redeemed my July coupon twice (instore/online).

But when I compared the code in the email to the screenshot of the original coupon, the code is the same. So, it must just be some kind of reminder they are sending out now (without checking if it was used).
I try using the code in the email and it appear to "work" online.

you cant remove the sticker with a hair dryer? you can use a hair dryer to remove the target security stickers from lego boxes.
Not sure. But it's very sticky, disgustingly so. You don't want it near other cases on a shelf because the goo spreads to other cases that way. There are removers to clean it off but then I feel foolish cleaning off a product that's supposed to be "new" but covered in stickers, missing manuals, and the disc looks dirty... I prefer just to swap the cases with extra junk games that I have.

Not sure. But it's very sticky, disgustingly so. You don't want it near other cases on a shelf because the goo spreads to other cases that way. There are removers to clean it off but then I feel foolish cleaning off a product that's supposed to be "new" but covered in stickers, missing manuals, and the disc looks dirty... I prefer just to swap the cases with extra junk games that I have.
Ironically, the best way to remove that residue is to just reapply the sticker and rip it off. A lot of the stuck residue will come off with the sticker instead. Just repeat for a minute or two and it should be gone

Madden preorder bonus did not work for me today. Store manager/leader had to override it and he didnt do the greatest job on rounding the percentages into dollars...ugh. oh well...i still came out well.

Does anyone know if you cancel a preorder and reorder it on a different system (xbox one to ps4) would you get the bonus if you were doing a trade in as well?
Madden trade promo still isn’t working.

For your question, canceling doesn’t do anything. It’s the same as just having the new preorder by Itself.

Thanks for mentioning this--I got the same email and used the coupon on NEO: The World Ends With You (PS4) just now to get it for $44.94+tax. I used this month's coupon in-store a couple weeks back but not online.

how do you use the monthly certificate online after in store? where is it? i cant find it
Unless you got one of the reminder emails that the others are talking about, you can't. It won't show in your account after you use it once. You need to copy/paste it somewhere else before you use it in store.

Ironically, the best way to remove that residue is to just reapply the sticker and rip it off. A lot of the stuck residue will come off with the sticker instead. Just repeat for a minute or two and it should be gone
Did no one mention Goo-Gone yet? It looks like pee, smells like citrus, and removes just about any game related goop you want with a little elbow grease. A small spatula with a semi-sharp edge I originally bought to remove stuff from the 3D printing plates also helps out. Metal spatula may be a bit rough for steelbooks/cardboard, but fine for more recent plastic gen residue. :hd:

Have you tried to use clear packing tape to remove it? As a last resort I would try goo gone, mainly because I hate the greasy feel it leaves behind.
This is my go to method, clear packing tape works the best. Not only does goo gone leave a greasy feeling that needs to be cleaned off with dish soap after, if left on too long it will affect the clear plastic of the case and misshape it, almost wrinkling it and making things worse.

This is my go to method, clear packing tape works the best. Not only does goo gone leave a greasy feeling that needs to be cleaned off with dish soap after, if left on too long it will affect the clear plastic of the case and misshape it, almost wrinkling it and making things worse.
I do think goo gone works best, but second that it wrinkles the plastic. Make sure you wipe that stuff off!

Unless you got one of the reminder emails that the others are talking about, you can't. It won't show in your account after you use it once. You need to copy/paste it somewhere else before you use it in store.
Usually gamestop sends me an email at the beginning of the month with the code for the $5 coupon so if you didn't delete that email you could always go back and copy it from there.

GameStop algorithm for sealed/gutted games really blows my mind. I miss the old days when games were actually sent from the warehouse, being factory sealed also. There were also several times when I've received NEW but converted to USED Niche titles that arrived still in Y-fold this year.

Also...this was about 3 yrs ago. Everything I ordered during their BF sale arrived factory sealed and not gutted shockingly...

I always return the game if I’ve ordered “new” and it shows up gutted/with stickers. I always tell them why too. I figure if enough people do that they’ll stop selling them like that. It’s absolutely mind-boggling that the largest gaming-only retailer in the country can’t get empty cases with artwork sent to them for display. Those cases probably cost the manufacturer a nickel or less to make. It’s ridiculous, and they wonder why people hate them so much.

So,ordered a bunch of different used games (xbox one/ps4/switch)....and all came with cases, games look brand new, the used stickers came off with no residue, and the Batman figures I ordered came with their boxes pristine and no stickers....am I a unicorn?

That sucks if they got rid of DOTD. I looked forward to it every day.

I always return the game if I’ve ordered “new” and it shows up gutted/with stickers. I always tell them why too. I figure if enough people do that they’ll stop selling them like that. It’s absolutely mind-boggling that the largest gaming-only retailer in the country can’t get empty cases with artwork sent to them for display. Those cases probably cost the manufacturer a nickel or less to make. It’s ridiculous, and they wonder why people hate them so much.
GS has been selling gutted games for well over 20 years at this point. Other similar gaming stores like Electronics Boutique started that horrible trend in the 90's. I remember buying a "new" Sega Saturn game from them back in 1997 and returning it because they resealed a display copy with cheap shrink wrap, the disc had scratches and they even put a sticker on the manual for whatever reason. Of course, that was the original Resident Evil and it was only $19.99 on sale a few months after release because the Saturn was so unpopular compared to the Playstation. I should have just kept it even in that condition because it's worth so much now, but I had no clue it would be valuable 24 years later.

Can't use the monthly $5 coupon on $10 nintendo eshop credit.  Says "There are no qualifying products in cart for this promotion."  If I add a game to the cart, it works, but once I take it out the coupon disappears.  Anybody else have this problem?

Can't use the monthly $5 coupon on $10 nintendo eshop credit. Says "There are no qualifying products in cart for this promotion." If I add a game to the cart, it works, but once I take it out the coupon disappears. Anybody else have this problem?
Everyone has this problem. They restrict the monthly $5 from working on currency cards. There was just a brief period last month where it worked on the site by mistake.

That sucks if they got rid of DOTD. I looked forward to it every day.

GS has been selling gutted games for well over 20 years at this point. Other similar gaming stores like Electronics Boutique started that horrible trend in the 90's. I remember buying a "new" Sega Saturn game from them back in 1997 and returning it because they resealed a display copy with cheap shrink wrap, the disc had scratches and they even put a sticker on the manual for whatever reason. Of course, that was the original Resident Evil and it was only $19.99 on sale a few months after release because the Saturn was so unpopular compared to the Playstation. I should have just kept it even in that condition because it's worth so much now, but I had no clue it would be valuable 24 years later.
This reminds me when I would buy "new" DS games from EB/GameCrazy that already had save files on them.

Yep, two of my "new" copies of separate games arrived opened. One with seal sticker on spine, the other wrapped in a plastic bag with the seal sticker. Will be returning both. 

Yes, as long as it's not the welcome coupon you get from signing up online. That one doesn't work on anything.
Today I found out the hard way that the sign up online coupon does not work on anything. The coupon says in store only and is V4. The cashier tried it on everything possible and it would not work, so they told me to just call CS and to never sign up online again. I called CS and they put 5000 points in my account.

Not sure what I expected, but thought the Neo world ends with you preorder magnets would be nicer quality. Just cheap, flimsy magnets. Odd some preorder bonuses are stickers and others are steelbooks. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back