2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
G2L works for madden ps5 too? So they’ll give $70 or just $60?
I just did the series X and ps5 earlier today. Both got 70 and not 60.

Looks like the latest Walmart app no longer allows you to see local store prices. So long for easy price matching on release day.
If you're not tech inept, you can google the older version and simply use that until walmart app itself forces you to update. The new update is fucking terrible, can't even scan in receipts.

There are current gen g2l codes that are 69.99 and last gen g2l codes that are 59.99. If you bought the Xbox versions it prints both on the receipt, can't say if the ps4/ps5 does the same or not. 

There are current gen g2l codes that are 69.99 and last gen g2l codes that are 59.99. If you bought the Xbox versions it prints both on the receipt, can't say if the ps4/ps5 does the same or not.
Same code 2 codes between playstation version and xbox versions.

Is Gamestop no longer taking trades on phones? I have been trying to lookup values for phones for the last two days and all it comes up with is an error message. This is on both Safari and Chrome.

That is also YMMV. Many on here have stories of employees saying Sunday is too late.
It shouldn’t be ymmv. Terms are listed clearly on the receipt with the code. It shouldn’t even be an argument. All this statement does is plant doubt into someone that reads it here and hasn’t done a G2L before. Employees aren’t empowered to make up rules on the fly and those that do ought to be reprimanded and held accountable. Report them to store manager, district managers or take it up with customer service/corporate.

Or fuck it, some battles aren’t worth the effort and the next store is 3 miles away. You can’t fix stupid.

I'd like to see someone put on the clear disc stickers on their opened copy of Madden 22, then try to return as new a week from now with a straight face and say "My dad/mom/friend/life partner got this for me, and said it was the last copy so they put this sticker on it - but I already got a copy from Best Buy so returning this one" O:)

The 20% off for buying 2 $19.99 or less games is in the weekly ad, so it should pop back up tonight........hopefully with a nice glitch like stacking with a reactivated CAG16!!

The extra 30% for trading towards Madden 22 and Ghosts of T are back along with a few other games like the new Rainbow Six, so the fun  times are still going on.

Rainbow Six Extraction out in January but already getting the trade in boost?

Interesting no trade in deals toward Switch games since we’ve got Sonic, Cruisn Blast and Warioware out in early September. Although Sonic and Cruisn both qualify for $10 game coin so maybe they don’t want to double dip on promotions. I expect warioware to get the bonus starting soon along with a pin set or poster. 😛

The 20% off for buying 2 $19.99 or less games is in the weekly ad, so it should pop back up tonight........hopefully with a nice glitch like stacking with a reactivated CAG16!!

The extra 30% for trading towards Madden 22 and Ghosts of T are back along with a few other games like the new Rainbow Six, so the fun times are still going on.

Rainbow Six Extraction out in January but already getting the trade in boost?

Interesting no trade in deals toward Switch games since we’ve got Sonic, Cruisn Blast and Warioware out in early September. Although Sonic and Cruisn both qualify for $10 game coin so maybe they don’t want to double dip on promotions. I expect warioware to get the bonus starting soon along with a pin set or poster.
Rainbow was originally a Sept. release so I guess GS just didn't think to switch that game with another for whatever reason. I would have just swapped it with Far Cry 6 but that's me.

NBA 2K22 and Deathloop are also in the 20-30% trade boost list along with Rainbow, Madden, and Ghost of Tsuhima for those that haven't seen the ad.

The extra 30% for trading towards Madden 22 and Ghosts of T are back along with a few other games like the new Rainbow Six, so the fun times are still going on.

Back in ad, but still not working. Tried a bunch of $19.99 games, nothing worked. Called CS after half an hour, they supposedly credited my credit card the difference. Long wait for a $12 discount for 3 games, but I really wanted them. Hopefully it gets up and running on its own soon.

Missed out on a game that had one left in stock because I was waiting for the 20% off deal which is supposed to be going on today, to... become active? Better luck next time I guess.

Missed out on a game that had one left in stock because I was waiting for the 20% off deal which is supposed to be going on today, to... become active? Better luck next time I guess.
Don’t feel too bad. I bought a game yesterday that showed 1 left in stock, and now the shipping status shows awaiting product availability.

Based on "Selection may vary by location." for 20% discount in the ad, it's probably only in store now, which is silly. Same like with the 5 for $10 promo.

Based on "Selection may vary by location." for 20% discount in the ad, it's probably only in store now, which is silly. Same like with the 5 for $10 promo.
It's not that silly. If the games have to be shipped from multiple stores, all the profits from their online orders will be eaten up by shipping costs. Remember GoHastings?

It's not that silly. If the games have to be shipped from multiple stores, all the profits from their online orders will be eaten up by shipping costs. Remember GoHastings?
Yeah I've wondered how it's profitable for them when I order 5 games, I get free shipping and they show up in 3-5 different packages. I figured they have to have a special deal with FedEx or something.

I am constantly amazed how awful the GameStop website is to navigate. Not only do the promos just flat out not work sometimes, but that's if you can even find what you're looking for before giving up because the website is excruciatingly slow. It's baffling people online think this company is going to make some sort of e-commerce comeback. I feel like you can tell the people that actually shop at GameStop by how much they complain about GameStop.

I have a game for 360 I was trying to trade in but whenever they scan it at the store, they tell me it's not "in the system". It shows up for a $6.xx trade online. Is there anything I can do about it?

I have a game for 360 I was trying to trade in but whenever they scan it at the store, they tell me it's not "in the system". It shows up for a $6.xx trade online. Is there anything I can do about it?
Disc only perhaps, especially if there were multiple editions released for the game? What's the game?

Normally a manual search on their end should take care of it. I have had them scan and get an error but when they key in the title it should work. What is the title? You can give them the ID and the SKU.

Try going to a different Gamestop and do the trade again. Happened to me on a couple Wii games a month ago. Got rejected at one store but at another store, they took them.

Yeah I've wondered how it's profitable for them when I order 5 games, I get free shipping and they show up in 3-5 different packages. I figured they have to have a special deal with FedEx or something.
One would hope they have a deal with FedEx. A few weeks back I placed 4 orders and had 17 packages lol.

Maybe there are moving promos to in-store only temporarily to reduce shipping costs and increase foot traffic at stores. I personally don't have any interest in going to a store and browsing around. Could be some gems sitting around due to -1 inventory online for stores and reduced number of people going to stores.

One of my recent online orders was a complete copy of Chrono Trigger for DS. According to sticker on the case, it had been at the store for about 3 months.

Normally a manual search on their end should take care of it. I have had them scan and get an error but when they key in the title it should work. What is the title? You can give them the ID and the SKU.
Kinect Sports:
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=10103339

I showed them the website but they didn't wanna do the trade.
Their system may show it as "2 discs." If that's the case, you would need the other one too. A bit ridiculous that the won't allow you to trade in either one individually but will take the bundle for a decent amount of $$ (and only have it labeled on the site as "Kinect Sports"). Typical Gamestop.

Kinect Sports:
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=10103339

I showed them the website but they didn't wanna do the trade.
Same thing happened to me when I tried to trade in Sims 4 and it had a different cover art that did not show up in their system. I took it to another store and removed the cover art and just gave them the case and disc. It forced them to have to look up the game in their system and then they accepted it.

It is the two disc version they are asking for. They had the same problem with

Need for speed - Most Wanted - 2005 not 2012

La Noire complete edition vs regular

Black ops for ps3 

There were probably some more examples but those are the only ones I ran into. They some how combined the editions when they erased most the ps3 and xbox 360 games but kept some of the more popular ones for trade in.

Welp unfortunately I’m trade banned, found out yesterday. I’d been keeping track with a game trade journal though, haven’t traded in one game more than 4 times.

Anywho, anyway to know how long I’m banned for? As soon as they put in my phone number in store they see the note when I try to trade-in. GameStop customer service can’t see it on their end and GameStop Twitter hasn’t gotten back to me yet

Welp unfortunately I’m trade banned, found out yesterday. I’d been keeping track with a game trade journal though, haven’t traded in one game more than 4 times.

Anywho, anyway to know how long I’m banned for? As soon as they put in my phone number in store they see the note when I try to trade-in. GameStop customer service can’t see it on their end and GameStop Twitter hasn’t gotten back to me yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back