2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
i can see some of the employees that i've encountered at gs rejecting someone bringing in just the bottom half of the receipt.
Well the main reason is that it is not proof that you bought it at GS. For all they know, you could be committing fraud. If I was a GS employee, I would be hesitant to take anything that doesn't show the top portion showing what you bought. The person paying less than the value they would get back normally from G2L is an afterthought compared to that.

But at the same time tho, they could possibly look up your recent transactions and see that you did buy it, if they are able to see it. Some employees have told me they are unable to see past a couple in-store transactions while others have gone full-on JD and told me which credit card I need to use for the return by looking up the online order that I placed over a week ago and have maybe 10 transactions since.

Anyone get their game coin for sonic that also price matched? Curious if GS still gives out game coin with a PM
I asked this few days ago and no one replied. I called customer service yesterday and they gave me points on my rewards account. Maybe I'll get lucky and get the coin next week? But she was quick to offer points so probably common problem

I can't remember if controllers (joy cons specifically) activate the 30% bonus TIC for preorders...do you guys remember?  Got some one mercari for $27, great deal and no drift issues...can turn it into $44 or more in TIC.  Thanks! 

I can't remember if controllers (joy cons specifically) activate the 30% bonus TIC for preorders...do you guys remember? Got some one mercari for $27, great deal and no drift issues...can turn it into $44 or more in TIC. Thanks!
30% extra trade credit only applies to game trades.

Here's fine print from this week's ad:

Offer valid for game trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of Far Cry 6, Deathloop, FIFA 22, Offer valid for game trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of Far Cry 6, Deathloop, FIFA 22, Metroid Dread or Back for Blood. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective Metroid Dread or Back for Blood. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

I asked for a print out of all the $14.99 and under NSW games and the associate just said it'd be easier to just tell me. They had three; NBA 2k18, Ugly Dolls, and Soldam.

“PowerUp members get $10 Game Coin when you purchase in full Cruis'n Blast before the day of launch of the game. Game must be picked up during launch week.”

Tempted.
Anyone happen to know if game coin applies if we buy online? Offer details aren’t clear if it’s in store only…

PowerUp members get $10 Game Coin when you purchase in full Cruis'n Blast before the day of launch of the game. Game must be picked up during launch week. Pro members get an extra bonus of $10 Game Coin, Players $5 Game Coin when they pick up the game during launch week. Game Coins delivered via active offers within 72 hours of pick-up of game. Coupon valid for two weeks. Limit one coupon per game. Shipping may apply. Terms subject to change

I still haven't got my game coin for sonic and I picked it up Tuesday. Anyone already get theres?
I haven't received mine either. Picked it up on Thursday.

Does anyone have an image or a link to an archived version of the ad that had the Sonic Colors Game Coin details?

Chat started on 13 Sep 2021, 01:52 PM (GMT+0)
(01:52:55)

*** Brian joined the chat ***

(01:52:56)

Brian: Hello, Will I receive the $10 game coin if I buy Cruis'n Blast - Nintendo Switch online? Thanks!

(01:53:14)

*** Milton G. joined the chat ***

(01:54:16)

Milton G.: Thanks for chatting with GameStop. My name is Milton G. and I'm happy to help!

(01:54:56)

Milton G.: Let me take a look at this game, so I can confirm if you would receive the Coin

(01:58:13)

Milton G.: Thank you for your time Brian, base on my research we would send you the Bonus which is the $10 Game Coin, if you pre-order the game.

(01:59:34)

Brian: Hi Milton, thank you!

(01:59:51)

Brian: So I do not need to preorder in store to get the game coin?

(02:02:09)

Milton G.: Excellent question Brian, actually must be created over the website, because the offer is only valid before the release date, and only can be pre-ordered through the website.

(02:04:13)

Brian: Thanks for your help!
Classic.

Another public service announcement:
Do not stockpile large amounts of points. I somehow got hacked and all my points were redeemed for store certs. Luckily customer service rep replaced all the points after I complained. That is all.

Anyone else seeing a bunch of games on gamestop.com for free right now?

edit   

NVM Disregard the web site is silly

It must be a cert or something because a bunch of used games like Rainbow Six Siege, Madden games, Fifa games etc are free and everything else is half off. Sorry guys. Gamestops website is weird

That's all it is... If you have an unused cert it takes that amount off of the games when you're browsing... Don't apologize though, no other store does this because it makes no sense and just confuses people into thinking something is cheaper than it really is. Every other site shows you the money off at the checkout screen.

I was ready to get some games for free and some for $5 cheaper, but turns out the actual price is shown at checkout screen. :shame:
The irony of this is that they even disabled the ability to get free games. If you try to check out with $0 in your cart it now gives an error when it used to let you do store pickup in the past for $0 games. Why did they change this? I'm assuming they want you to actually spend money on something. But you would think they wouldn't care about getting $5 games off their shelves considering once they hit that price it means they probably have no demand and will end up the field destroy pile eventually anyway.

The irony of this is that they even disabled the ability to get free games. If you try to check out with $0 in your cart it now gives an error when it used to let you do store pickup in the past for $0 games. Why did they change this? I'm assuming they want you to actually spend money on something. But you would think they wouldn't care about getting $5 games off their shelves considering once they hit that price it means they probably have no demand and will end up the field destroy pile eventually anyway.
You act like Gamestop wouldn't rather destroy something than give it away for free.

It must be a cert or something because a bunch of used games like Rainbow Six Siege, Madden games, Fifa games etc are free and everything else is half off. Sorry guys. Gamestops website is weird
I'm seeing the same thing but I don't have a cert at all

Edit: Actually I do I had to add an item to my cart to see it. "PowerUp Rewards Pro Only - $5 Sept Benefit Coupon" - I don't know why I got it.

I'm seeing the same thing but I don't have a cert at all

Edit: Actually I do I had to add an item to my cart to see it. "PowerUp Rewards Pro Only - $5 Sept Benefit Coupon" - I don't know why I got it.
I have the same promo. And it's definitely not the monthly $5 off because I can stack the two

That's all it is... If you have an unused cert it takes that amount off of the games when you're browsing... Don't apologize though, no other store does this because it makes no sense and just confuses people into thinking something is cheaper than it really is. Every other site shows you the money off at the checkout screen.
Amazon does this with digital video. If you have something like $3 in no-rush credits, it automatically applies that credit when looking at prices. So if "Lonely Space Vixens" is $4.99, you'll see it instead as $1.99, thinking it''s on sale, but it's not. They've been doing this for awhile.

So a “10 game coin” is basically a 10 gift card that has to be used in a week?

I was debating buying Cruis n Blast from GameStop but I don’t understand their random terminology that always make up.

I have the same promo. And it's definitely not the monthly $5 off because I can stack the two
Did you sign up or renew Pro in August? They had a promo where they would give you 2 $5 coupons in September if you did, and you'd still get the bonus receipt coupon.
It said something about September as the coupon. I had already used my $5 monthly online earlier for Sonic. It's definitely something else or a glitch of some sort. I last signed up in December.

If you can't think of something to use it on, Fallout 76 "new" is $10 and trades in for $12/$13.20 as mentioned previously. I used it on that

I placed an order over an hour ago and got an email and they took the money off my trade card but there's absolutely no trace of it on the website. Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back