2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think GameStop is able to price match GameFly’s sale today.

Price matched used and used
That would be nice, but my guess is

giphy.gif

I think GameStop is able to price match GameFly’s sale today.

Price matched used and used
GameStop is only price matching Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Gamestop, & Other. Now that other is totally at their discretion so if you get a cool employee you MAY be able to price match GameFly but I wouldn't bank on it

Got another empty case in the mail from Gamestop :wall:
Damn dude.....I hope support doesn't give you grief over it at least.
I'd start doing unboxing vids as proof at this point
That has happened to me 2x (and a few times I've received the wrong game in the right case). I've called to get a replacement and have done the website form to get a refund. I've always received the replacement without issue. I have never had a problem with the return other than occasionally having to call because they didn't refund my sales tax.

My guess is it is cheaper for them to just refund or replace whatever is requested even the small percentage of actual liars than it is to actually fix the problems. 

I got my Sonic Colors Game Coin today, expiration date is the 27th. I wrote down the EBC number just in case it vanishes early.

Looking forward to getting Far Cry 6 with a PM  and gamecoin next month as well!

This lines up with the theory that the GameCoin promo had to end before it would be issued, so hopefully the Tales of Arise GameCoin will show up in accounts over the weekend.

I'd start doing unboxing vids as proof at this point
Yeah I just got my first empty case about a week ago but it was for a 99 cent Xbox 360 game. I figured maybe that happens a lot with those games because they are so cheap. Now it happened last night with a $30 Switch game.

Feels bad, such an awkward spot to be put in. Now Gamestop has to just blindly believe that I really didn't receive the game and aren't just trying to basically steal from them, and twice in such a short time. I pretty much have to do unboxing videos with gamestop packages now

Want to get deathloop with the 30% extra trade in credit but no stores around me have it in stock. 

Can i trade in store to get the extra 30% and get them to ship it out to me? 

Yeah I just got my first empty case about a week ago but it was for a 99 cent Xbox 360 game. I figured maybe that happens a lot with those games because they are so cheap. Now it happened last night with a $30 Switch game.

Feels bad, such an awkward spot to be put in. Now Gamestop has to just blindly believe that I really didn't receive the game and aren't just trying to basically steal from them, and twice in such a short time. I pretty much have to do unboxing videos with gamestop packages now
What sucks is I bet if you do it a certain amount of times your account gets flagged, which is stupid because it's their fault.

Want to get deathloop with the 30% extra trade in credit but no stores around me have it in stock.

Can i trade in store to get the extra 30% and get them to ship it out to me?
Technically not, since a Web-In-Store order is rung up on the register as "Online Order" or something like that with no details, but if you have a cool manager/employee, they can set up that purchase for you and manually adjust TIVs in the transaction where you pay for the WIS order.

Can confirm that the 30%TIV bonus works on the recently-delayed Back 4 Blood as well. It’s the game whose release is the farthest out on the list, I believe

Do you get the game coin when picking up without preordering?
Yes--I bought Sonic Colors earlier this week without preordering and got the GameCoin offer this morning. The promo used to require preorders but not for these games (Sonic Colors, Tales of Arise, Riders Republic, Lost Judgment, Far Cry 6).

I think Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania has it. Saw in an weekly ad a few weeks ago.
I wanna take advantage of this promo but it’s cheaper to buy a game online and not pay tax. Even with 10 off I’m better off ordering online. The game you buy plus whatever you apply the game coin to both have tax on them which adds up to over the 10 promo. or am I missing something with game coin?

What exactly do I do. I preordered to made sure I get the steelbook. So when I pick up next tuesday, i just say I want to procematch to walmart price?
Check Walmart that day to see what in-store prices are for Lost Judgment, then if you see $49.94, bring proof of that to the Gamestop where you pick up your preorder and the employee should do the price-match.

It looks like console trade in values have gone up for pro members. The One X is at $275, PS4 Slim is $192. Kind of considering selling my PS4 and getting a Series S.

It looks like console trade in values have gone up for pro members. The One X is at $275, PS4 Slim is $192. Kind of considering selling my PS4 and getting a Series S.
You might be able to use a screencap to argue your case, but I think that's a glitch--Pro members don't typically get the 10% bonus on consoles, just on games and accessories.

People on reddit have reported trading in the xbox one x for $275 today at gamestop, i am taking in my ps 4 pro to test out. Wish i would have waited a week on my One X but oh well.

Looks like there was a retro re-stock today sometime I missed - a few "awaiting availability" pokemon games I ordered many months ago (collesum, ruby, etc) look to be preparing for shipment now   :bomb:  Ready to return some fakes!

A few older titles still in-stock now (commons like Red, Yellow, Mario World, etc) , but looks like all the good stuff is OOS already... dang needing to go to work today!   :oldman: Anyone get anything good? 

It's not just Pro, but they are giving a bump to Pro which is unusual for systems (values in store credit)

PS4 Pro/XB1X- $250 base

PS4 Slim 1TB- $175 base

Switch V1/2- $175 base

PS4 Slim/Original 500 GB- $150 base

XB1S- $150 base (all versions)

XB1 VCR (all versions)- $100 base

Switch Lite- $100 base

What exactly do I do. I preordered to made sure I get the steelbook. So when I pick up next tuesday, i just say I want to procematch to walmart price?
Yes, shouldn't be an issue as long as the closest Walmart has it in stock. If they give you grief about it being the Steelbook edition at GameStop, ask to speak to the district manager and/or threaten to file a complaint on the website in store and they will most likely cave.

GS's website has also been pricematching Walmart/Amazon prices, but they still don't ring up in store so you could just ask to PM that also if it's the same discounted price.

Traded in my ps4 pro, it is a promo for pro members only they said. Rings up as $250 base and once pro member number put in adjusts to $275.

GameStop knows consoles shortages are here for a while. They need last gen consoles to have something to sell to play halo and Forza this holiday.

Might trade in my one x tomorrow if values hold. Got the halo box on preorder and plenty of other games to keep me busy.

It's not just Pro, but they are giving a bump to Pro which is unusual for systems (values in store credit)

PS4 Pro/XB1X- $250 base

PS4 Slim 1TB- $175 base

Switch V1/2- $175 base

PS4 Slim/Original 500 GB- $150 base

XB1S- $150 base (all versions)

XB1 VCR (all versions)- $100 base

Switch Lite- $100 base
Traded in my ps4 pro, it is a promo for pro members only they said. Rings up as $250 base and once pro member number put in adjusts to $275.
The total amount you got is base TIV plus 10%. I just looked up all the systems on their site in the trade section myself an hour ago. They are allowing the 10% Pro bump to be applied to systems, which I don't know if it has ever been done or when it was last done?

The total amount you got is base TIV plus 10%. I just looked up all the systems on their site in the trade section myself an hour ago. They are allowing the 10% Pro bump to be applied to systems, which I don't know if it has ever been done or when it was last done?
I don’t remember them ever doing it but they seemed to know it was going on and said it was a limited promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back