2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
My pro expires is 3 days...any suggestions or advantages for renewing? Online, in store, wait for expiration, etc.?

The Gamestop reddit said that they are trying to have each store recieve 10k in trade-ins over the next 2 weeks. Maybe it's part of that?
There's zero chance that every store reaches that figure. Sounds like a made-up number that someone who doesn't know how slow rural GameStops are would've come up with for a factoid to get reddit upvotes.

Gamestop and reddit also sounds like the dumbest possible combination of nerds.

There's zero chance that every store reaches that figure. Sounds like a made-up number that someone who doesn't know how slow rural GameStops are would've come up with for a factoid to get reddit upvotes.

It's mostly workers complaining. Apparently bonuses were cut for some employees but they instituted this standard as a potential bonus. I'm not sure but it would explain the bump.

It's such an arbitrary goal. Compared to PUR signups and GPG sales, trades are out of the control of the associate.

Apparently the bonus for reaching that 10k goal is piddly crap. So they're doing their best to screw over employees.

It's such an arbitrary goal. Compared to PUR signups and GPG sales, trades are out of the control of the associate.

Apparently the bonus for reaching that 10k goal is piddly crap. So they're doing their best to screw over employees.
Wouldn't say it is out of their control...got to ask and promote it a bit...not trying to defend GS because it seems their business strategy is a confused mess at best but with the right kind of sales folks and incentives they could probably capture some serious inventory.

Wouldn't say it is out of their control...got to ask and promote it a bit...not trying to defend GS because it seems their business strategy is a confused mess at best but with the right kind of sales folks and incentives they could probably capture some serious inventory.
Online mail-in trades

I'd trade in my One X but it's the Gears 5 edition. I love the look of it too much :cry:
I'm holding onto my PS4 Pro for a similar reason: it still has P.T. on it and that's really the only reason I turn the thing on..

I know it's been remade for PC because I have it (and even be played in VR) but there's something about booting up the genuine article.

That said, $250 to go towards upcoming shiz (Steam deck specifically) would really make me so happy

I traded in a game today with a TIV of $13.20 and put it towards Metroid Dread, and the total amount I got was $15.60. Is that correct?

Is saving trades online no longer a thing? I lost that feature on the site and app. And stock for my local store in the bay area - at least reported stock online - is barren for damn near everything. and I don't see the section or page where they list trade promos going on.

it's all so weird. I'd think it was a bug but I've tried on multiple devices.

Is saving trades online no longer a thing? I lost that feature on the site and app. And stock for my local store in the bay area - at least reported stock online - is barren for damn near everything. and I don't see the section or page where they list trade promos going on.

it's all so weird. I'd think it was a bug but I've tried on multiple devices.
Is this your first time checking this thread/stock for your local GameStop online in a while? May be best to visit the store in person as all inventory is listed minus 1. So if your store only has one copy of a game, it won’t be shown in stock online

Had a store manager tell me today that game coins get a $5 bonus (so $15 instead of $10) if you payoff the preorder amount before launch and are a pro member.

That's not correct, is it???

Had a store manager tell me today that game coins get a $5 bonus (so $15 instead of $10) if you payoff the preorder amount before launch and are a pro member.

I don't think so, but I guess I'll find out for sure when the Tales of Arise offer shows up since I had that paid off. That would be pretty sweet.

Only difference I've seen is that regular rewards members get $5 in game coin and PRO rewards members get $10. Whether or not you have to pay in full before release seems to vary by title.

Only difference I've seen is that regular rewards members get $5 in game coin and PRO rewards members get $10. Whether or not you have to pay in full before release seems to vary by title.
That actually makes more sense then and he was probably confusing that with what he said. He was also stunned that Fallout 76 had trade value, let alone $15.60 after the 30% bonus. 😁

Is this your first time checking this thread/stock for your local GameStop online in a while? May be best to visit the store in person as all inventory is listed minus 1. So if your store only has one copy of a game, it won’t be shown in stock online
It is, as I've been mostly out of the loop recently. Appreciate the heads up.

I'm holding onto my PS4 Pro for a similar reason: it still has P.T. on it and that's really the only reason I turn the thing on..

I know it's been remade for PC because I have it (and even be played in VR) but there's something about booting up the genuine article.

That said, $250 to go towards upcoming shiz (Steam deck specifically) would really make me so happy
You can store PT on an external that’s connected to your PS5 and it shows up, but a logo says playable only on PS4 it won’t let you boot it.

That actually makes more sense then and he was probably confusing that with what he said. He was also stunned that Fallout 76 had trade value, let alone $15.60 after the 30% bonus. 😁
I don’t understand why, but that game has a fairly significant following on PS4, even though it’s on game pass for Xbox one and maybe even PC?

If you search around you’ll find very few PS4 copies of that game in stock at GameStop locations near you, but most stores have plenty of copies of it on Xbox.

Damn, wanted to trade in my Series S since I never use it and thought there was a hidden boost since it was being talked about so much. Nope. Looks like people are getting the values displayed. Wonder why some were getting so excited about it..?

Traded in my plain one x for $275. I reset it prior and they never like that. I’m not relying on them to do it properly.

Cashed in my monthly $5 pro coupon for Xbox credit. Traded (toward Metroid) some Mario Wii games I’d bought for cheap on eBay + tomodachi life ($28!). Not too shabby.

The Gamestop reddit said that they are trying to have each store recieve 10k in trade-ins over the next 2 weeks. Maybe it's part of that?
Your first mistake is going on Reddit. The GS subreddit has no credibility at all and the users on there are impossible to communicate with. I've never seen a worse community in my life and I've been online since Usenet.

Your first mistake is going on Reddit. The GS subreddit has no credibility at all and the users on there are impossible to communicate with. I've never seen a worse community in my life and I've been online since Usenet.
I'm not sure what about it is a mistake? I was answering a question as to why there may be a random bonus. I wasnt communication with anyone. I went to look and see if it was mentioned.

I'm actually glad I checked the Reddit.

Apparently starting in mid-October, if you renew by card, you're automatically enrolled in Auto-Renew on that card whether you like it or not.
According to them, there was a bunch of other bs at their recent virtual employee event, but that and the bonus cutting (corporate thought they were overpaying on bonuses based on Pro subscription metrics and some stores were gaming it, so they switched to shitty bonuses based on trade-ins) were the top complaints.

The auto-renew thing is 100% confirmed, but I also saw a person or two mention that they were told that the 10k points bonus will eventually become permanent and replace the $5 welcome coupon.

Don't know how a place for GS employees to vent their frustrations can be the worst community you've seen, but you're obviously not who it's there for. It's generally not a place for customers to ask questions, though some employees will still answer them.

Don't know how a place for GS employees to vent their frustrations can be the worst community you've seen, but you're obviously not who it's there for. It's generally not a place for customers to ask questions, though some employees will still answer them.
Um, no. The first part of the rules on that sub clearly state that "This is a subreddit to discuss GameStop related things, such as weekly deals, preorder bonuses, ect." yet if you actually try to discuss those things your post usually gets downvoted, removed, and you get attacked for no reason by cry bullies. One post on there that got upvoted was literally one of the posters in the subreddit saying " fuck customers" because some people pay with cash and he has a germ phobia (touching cash upsets him despite literally handling used products all day...) That's abusive, hateful behavior. Nowhere on the rules list does it say that it's only for employee whining yet that's all the sub is now used for anymore. Ironically one of the rules is "This is NOT a place to hate on GameStop" yet that's the majority of posts by the disgruntled employees who don't realize that their nasty attitudes are even worse than the managers and customers they complain about... they just lack the self-awareness to realize this.

Very good - you read the first sentence. Now when you read the rest of it, it clearly implies that it's talking to employees. "No posting pictures of customers, employees, or back rooms". "No posting of confidential emails, correspondences, or internal documents." "This also applies to test markets/areas and programs...and may lead to guest confusion." "Guest" is the company's word for customer.

"This includes simply posting a picture of your price change totals."
"No YMMV responses to policy/procedure. Any questions on policy must be answered with only policy, not what your store would do differently, which can lead to guest issues for other stores."

Very good - you read the first sentence. Now when you read the rest of it, it clearly implies that it's talking to employees. "No posting pictures of customers, employees, or back rooms". "No posting of confidential emails, correspondences, or internal documents." "This also applies to test markets/areas and programs...and may lead to guest confusion." "Guest" is the company's word for customer.

"This includes simply posting a picture of your price change totals."
"No YMMV responses to policy/procedure. Any questions on policy must be answered with only policy, not what your store would do differently, which can lead to guest issues for other stores."
There's also a pinned thread for guests asking questions. Yes, asking outside of that thread is going to get downvoted and removed because it's against the rules. Otherwise everything else you said is pretty much spot on. It's welcoming to guests....if they follow the guidelines.

It's just another one banned member back trolling the site again for the 30th time. Probably he who shall not be named the way he is bitching about best buy as well.

Is Gamestop offering Steam Deck? Because if so, I might have to preorder one.

You can store PT on an external that’s connected to your PS5 and it shows up, but a logo says playable only on PS4 it won’t let you boot it.
Said fuck it and that's what I did. It's on the drive if I ever find future need of it.

Is Gamestop offering Steam Deck? Because if so, I might have to preorder one.
Nope, but they have Steam gift cards that can be purchased with trade credit, so that's what I'm doing. Banked $400 in my Steam wallet from trades since the Deck announcement.

It should be in your active offers.
Yeah I found it. My mistake was assuming it'd be the first thing on the page since I figured new = top of page. But no, It was at the bottom. My active offer page is just covered in $5 gift card things since I always just use my monthly credit on that stuff.

Any of these coming out soon and guaranteed to love? Need to burn some certs and start getting some trade credit generated for the Black Friday sales.
No confirmations on G2L other than the sheet that was posted earlier, but in terms of release dates:

Deathloop - out now

FIFA 22 - 10/1

Far Cry 6 - 10/7

Metroid Dread - 10/8

Back 4 Blood - 10/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back