2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, first it comes off as spamming when you keep posting the same thing week after week. Second, if you've been holding a stack of games that long since the last $5 bonus then they've most likely gone down at least $5 in trade in value by then. I don't see the point of doing this. It made sense when they used to give $5 extra on games that were at least $2 or more but since they've basically changed that it's not really worth getting excited like it used to be. Not to mention with so many PS5 and Series X games being so disappointing or mediocre I'd rather just hold on to the older games at this point instead of getting rid of them for basically nothing just in case I want to replay them years later and they'll be more expensive to buy or in worse condition.
On top of that, they lower the price of the trade-in right before they do the +$5 for example Watch Dogs Legion had trade in value of $8.xx during the +$5 then increased to $11.xx after then to $18.xx. It most likely won't be $18 when they do the +$5 again.

lol, they lowered the prices on a ton of games last time they did the $5 promo, it was pretty crazy when they had a game selling for $14.99  (and 20% off!)that trades in for $17 before promo.

I dumped alot of stuff during that time but since flea markets and and thrift stores are opening up again, I've  been able get alot of fodder dirt cheap  the past few week that I would like to pass onto  Gamestop!

So I got my game coins for Tales of Arise .. but it's just in store !! Is there a way to use it online with 5$ pro monthly coupon ?

Well, first it comes off as spamming when you keep posting the same thing week after week. Second, if you've been holding a stack of games that long since the last $5 bonus then they've most likely gone down at least $5 in trade in value by then. I don't see the point of doing this. It made sense when they used to give $5 extra on games that were at least $2 or more but since they've basically changed that it's not really worth getting excited like it used to be. Not to mention with so many PS5 and Series X games being so disappointing or mediocre I'd rather just hold on to the older games at this point instead of getting rid of them for basically nothing just in case I want to replay them years later and they'll be more expensive to buy or in worse condition.
Knows about $2 minimum on "$5 extra TIC" promo, which hasn't been a thing for quite a while, but joined less than 2 weeks ago.

Hmm, I wonder who this alt account belongs to?

Knows about $2 minimum on "$5 extra TIC" promo, which hasn't been a thing for quite a while, but joined less than 2 weeks ago.

Hmm, I wonder who this alt account belongs to?
The current odds-on favorite is He Who Shall Not Be Named.

I have my bookie finishing up the spread right now. We've got lots of hot money already coming in.

Anyone know how long the PS4 pro promo at $275 will last? Or is it completely arbitrary trade in value for the time being?

Trying to trade in on Sat if possible since won’t have the chance today.

Anyone know how long the PS4 pro promo at $275 will last? Or is it completely arbitrary trade in value for the time being?

Trying to trade in on Sat if possible since won’t have the chance today.
Should hold for Saturday, these deals tend to end Saturday at close with the new Sunday ad. But I think this deal had been running for 2 weeks now so it's possible it continues next week.

Has anyone else been told that their local Gamestop has stopped taking Xbox 360 Game trade ins? Two of my local ones have told me that this week but their web site still has the games listed with a value.

fuck. Those drops came out of nowhere, especially when bonuses are now contingent on trade-ins..

I only had 2 games to flip this weekend but now I'm getting $9 less on each of them after promos.

You should always view anything to do with GS and flipping as a gamble and YMMV. I've been trading and flipping games to these types of stores before GS has even existed (Funcoland, Electronics Boutique, etc.) and it's always been the same thing. Prices dropping overnight, rare cases of prices dropping during the day, certain managers refusing to take trade ins or honor promotions, etc.

See above. All GS stores are supposed to take them in, but some managers or employees will make up their own rules for whatever reason and use the fine print excuse that "all trades are subject to manager's approval" to refuse them if they don't want them. Others will just be jerks and try to push a refurb fee on an 360 games and use any tiny scratch as an excuse to also try to prevent you from trading them. Some of these stores won't even display older console games and instead keep them in drawers or in the back and deny having the games if anyone asks to buy them. This is not GS policy or even district policy as the store down the road won't do this. Again, it's usually just a powertripping manager who for whatever reason just wants to do whatever he wants.
1.5 stores aren't supposed to display them at all. that is in fact policy.

Yo, if you wanted to do a trade in this weekend, do you think Saturday is as good as it gets with the 30% towards, or might Sunday have a better deal?

Yo, if you wanted to do a trade in this weekend, do you think Saturday is as good as it gets with the 30% towards, or might Sunday have a better deal?
I say wait if you can. I don’t foresee things getting any worse. Maybe a better trade promo may kick in on Sunday.
Maybe if you want the console trade bonus. If not, wait a day and see.

I'm hoping that the drops were in advance of a +$5 (or if we're really lucky, a +50% promo). That would make more sense given that Friday is the last weekday before Sunday.

There's no policy that says that stores should keep 360, PS3, and Wii games in drawers or in the back of the stores and allow certain employees or managers at that particular store to take them in or reject them based on their personal mood at the time and then lie to customers about not having the games when they do and even show up in stock on the online inventory locator. I reported one store to corporate for doing this and magically the games were displayed for customers to buy again and they took them for trades again!
For 1.5 stores, yes there is. It's not supposed to be displayed on the sales floor at all. That's literally the policy for those stores. They are still supposed to take for trade and just give their games to another store that carries though or defect and ship back to warehouse after the trade completes, not charge refurb fees.

Even if this is true (which is dubious since you haven't posted any proof) it's still dishonesty and lying. If this is indeed accurate then the truth would be to tell customers that they have them in stock at the store in the back but are not allowed to sell them rather than to make up a lie and say they don't have them at all which is false because they could have 20 copies in the back, they just won't sell it. This also doesn't solve the problem of stores lying to people about taking them in for trade in.
I addressed that last point in my post, i didnt say they couldnt take them, they should. also yeah if they had a specific title and you asked for it, nothing is stopping them from selling it. all i said is they aren't supposed to display them and are supposed to get them out of the store. 17 years with the company, and ran a 1.5 store.

Is it still supposed to come with $10 Game Coin?
Yes, you will get the $10 GameCoin if you buy Lost Judgment before 10/1; the GameCoins for Sonic Colors and Tales of Arise didn't appear in accounts until the following day after that eligibility range, so you won't see Lost Judgment's $10 until next Saturday at the earliest.

I'm hoping that the drops were in advance of a +$5 (or if we're really lucky, a +50% promo). That would make more sense given that Friday is the last weekday before Sunday.
Well, take it for what its worth, I have no specific details, I dont know what the catch will be or what the fine print will say, but from an extremely reliable source, there is a 50% trade promo coming tomorrow/upcoming week, I didnt see anyone else mention it yet recently but you.

Even if this is true (which is dubious since you haven't posted any proof) it's still dishonesty and lying. If this is indeed accurate then the truth would be to tell customers that they have them in stock at the store in the back but are not allowed to sell them rather than to make up a lie and say they don't have them at all which is false because they could have 20 copies in the back, they just won't sell it. This also doesn't solve the problem of stores lying to people about taking them in for trade in.
Well if they had 1 copy multiplied by another copy they'd really have 2 copies.

Ergo, 1x1=2

Well, take it for what its worth, I have no specific details, I dont know what the catch will be or what the fine print will say, but from an extremely reliable source, there is a 50% trade promo coming tomorrow/upcoming week, I didnt see anyone else mention it yet recently but you.
Darn I just traded in a bunch of games today I picked up on clearance at Walmart trying to take advantage of last day of 30% bonus. Still have some duplicates if tomorrow’s got a new promo though.

unless they've changed something recently, yes - it's the same count as a game
Okay cool, traded in 4 joy cons today which were all listed correctly as left/right and their color, but I didn't realize that the wrist straps weren't needed and were traded in separately so ended up trading 4 of the wrist straps. What a shitty way that would be to get banned over a 50 cent item. Sounds like I'm good though. Thanks!

unless they've changed something recently, yes - it's the same count as a game
I think they’ve changed something since I’m currently banned till November. I’m only trading 3 max of the same item from here on out.

P.S. I even kept a trade journal to make sure I didn’t exceed 4 of the same, someone in here told me maybe the employee rang up a item twice in trade and threw my numbers off, they told me to check my receipts but unfortunately I’d thrown them away, so I’ll be taking photos of my trade receipts from here on out as well

When I traded in my games for 30% bonus I was told I could only get the bonus if I preordered far cry 6, and that they didn’t know if it worked for any others. I’m was sure they weren’t right but decided not to argue and then ask here. That’s not right is it? I mean the ad for the 30% promo even shows multiple titles.

So now I have $5 put down towards far cry and I don’t really want it, does anyone know how to either cancel the preorder or move that money elsewhere? I’m also looking to go in again and take advantage of the 30% promo still ongoing as of today’s ad. Can someone explain to me my best way to approach these things. Can I just trade in for the 30% again by adding 5 more dollars to my current preorder then cancel it another day and get back what would be $10 then?

Any help would be much appreciated. I have been out of the GameStop trade in loop for a few years now.

One last thing, from what I’ve read the consensus here on trade limit/ban on multiple same titles/platforms is 3 before you get your account flagged. Is that still right? If anyone wants to pm me I get that not everyone wants all this info out in the public domain, I’m just looking to be brought up to speed if anyone cares to help out.

When I traded in my games for 30% bonus I was told I could only get the bonus if I preordered far cry 6, and that they didn’t know if it worked for any others. I’m was sure they weren’t right but decided not to argue and then ask here. That’s not right is it? I mean the ad for the 30% promo even shows multiple titles.

So now I have $5 put down towards far cry and I don’t really want it, does anyone know how to either cancel the preorder or move that money elsewhere? I’m also looking to go in again and take advantage of the 30% promo still ongoing as of today’s ad. Can someone explain to me my best way to approach these things. Can I just trade in for the 30% again by adding 5 more dollars to my current preorder then cancel it another day and get back what would be $10 then?

Any help would be much appreciated. I have been out of the GameStop trade in loop for a few years now.
Yes, there are other games which trigger the 20% bonus (the 30% is because of the 10% Pro bonus):

Deathloop

Metroid Dread

FIFA 22

Back 4 Blood

And yes, you can trade in additional games with another $5 placed on the Far Cry 6 preorder to get the bonus, then cancel the preorder later (either before FC6's release or after).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back