2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys are they this still doing the Controller trade in promo? This guy on offer up in my area has a whole bunch of  xbox & PS5 controllers

So does Gamestop not take Vita system trade-ins? The website only has the WiFi version on there, and it says the trade in value is 1 cent. I don't even have the WiFi version so I guess I'd have to pay them to take the standard version off my hands lol. I'm just finally done with my Vita backlog and don't want to deal with the hassle of selling the thing on ebay.
Are you trying to sell a Vita? Is it the OG with the OLED screen or the slim version? I've been looking to get an OLED vita for a good price...

$200 for the trade
$40 Bonus Promo 27463
$20 power up card

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Store confirmed pro trade in for switch is $260. Does not have to trade toward anything.
Traded in my v2 Switch today before the madness of everything coming out tomorrow and also got $260. $200 base, $20 pro 10%, and $40 promo.
On the off-chance this is a regional thing, where in the US are you three located?

Just did a console trade in. Traded in my Gears 5 console for $325 and a launch V1 Switch for $260.

Not gonna lie, I expected the $325, but the Switch I was expecting no where near that.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I wish I had seen your post before I went to Gamestop this morning to redeem my PUR $5 monthly coupon and $20 PUR cert. I would have definitely traded in my Switch today for $260.

Well my gamestop timing has been bad lately. I'm used to values plummeting, not going up like this. Oh well $40 in the grand scheme of things isn't a huge loss. I will be trading vin my other switch tomorrow once I do a save transfer to my OLED, so should be able to take advantage of the promotion with that one.

Damn I didn't realize Fire Emblem Fates goes for that much. I was debating whether or not to trade in my Conquest since I haven't touched it in ages (never beat it either).
This is the special edition cartridge that has all 3 games on the cartridge. This is a $150-$200 cartridge loose that GS is supposed to charge $89.99 for but someone took it in as the wrong game.

How well does GameStop usually ship? Gonna be real sore if my SE arrives banged up. Hoping they mailed it in a box.
Generally for products like this you'll get a box unless it's shipped by a store. But all of these should be coming from warehouse at launch.

I wouldn't expect them to dispatch a giant bubble mailer amazon style.

Are people expecting the Switch OLED to be super limited like the PS5 and Xbox have been? I would trade in my V1 and upgrade, but worried I wouldn't be able to get one for months.

Are people expecting the Switch OLED to be super limited like the PS5 and Xbox have been? I would trade in my V1 and upgrade, but worried I wouldn't be able to get one for months.
Thats what I'm concerned about. At $220 I was fine with keeping my V1, but at $260, that's close enough to my $275 i set for myself to upgrade at. I play 90% handheld, so i don't mind paying the extra money ( i mean, i mind, but you know), but if i do this, it's doing it with the knowledge that i may or may not get it, and/or get it but have to settle for Walmart and use my trade in money in other ways

Swapped my SSD with the original hdd my ps4 shipped with to do the $325 trade in. Got "cannot start the ps4, hit PS button with controller connected" so I hit the PS button on the controller while plugged into the system and got no change. I thought I had merely copied all the data on the old hdd to my SSD so I didn't think I'd have fiddle with it, but I swapped my SSD back in just to be sure and much to my dread I got the same error. Then I plugged it into my ps5 power cord and hdmi and used a different usb cable with a different ps4 controller and got the same error.  Welp. Guess I'm fucked.

Any dates for this Switch trade promo?
There is no mention of it anywhere, not even an email. Just 2 people mentioned it today, on here. Once they did a trade promo for one day only when you trade toward an Xbox Series X, but they mentioned it in an email. To be safe I would do the trade today or tomorrow. Saturday might be too late, but I am just guessing.

My Metroid Dread SE looks to be arriving tomorrow via Fedex... 3lbs! (free shipping!)  O:)

My local stores also said they'd be getting some SE copies, some amiibos, and some OLEDs 1st come 1st serve. 

Why would you trade the Switch in? There is no bonus. Way better to sell it on offerup or facebook marketplace.
Dude you've been posting for weeks about trying to sell your PS4 Pro locally instead of just trading it in for marginally less... and you're seriously asking this? Lol

is anyone else having issues with the gamestop site and app? i cant get to the site at all, i get Access Denied errors. i have tried different browsers

Swapped my SSD with the original hdd my ps4 shipped with to do the $325 trade in. Got "cannot start the ps4, hit PS button with controller connected" so I hit the PS button on the controller while plugged into the system and got no change. I thought I had merely copied all the data on the old hdd to my SSD so I didn't think I'd have fiddle with it, but I swapped my SSD back in just to be sure and much to my dread I got the same error. Then I plugged it into my ps5 power cord and hdmi and used a different usb cable with a different ps4 controller and got the same error. Welp. Guess I'm fucked.
Nah, you have to reinstall the OS whenever you do a hdd swap. instructions are on sony website, just need a flash drive, it's a simple fix.

Called my local GS and they looked up/confirmed only the $220 trade credit for an original switch, any particular reason it might bump higher in person? 

Called my local GS and they looked up/confirmed only the $220 trade credit for an original switch, any particular reason it might bump higher in person?
Yes, if the other cags are correct then it's a +40 promo that gets added to the trade. similar to the +50 theyve had on other consoles. It wont be shown when looking up base values. So the employee probably didn't know yet.

They might have just brought up the trade-in page from Gamestop.com and read off the "up to $220" part; the $40 promo will (seemingly) only appear during an actual transaction, so asking an employee to simulate one might be the only way to confirm without bringing in a Switch yourself.

Xbox 360 controllers and/or wii remotes how much hassle to trade in in 2021? Worth it or not?
Does anyone know if they take wii motes still? I had a fine experience trading in some wireless 360 controllers for nearly $20 each earlier this week. Just make sure you wipe them down so they look nice and shouldn't have any problems.

If it's true about the Switch trade in extra $40, then I got screwed. Traded in my OG system on Monday. Guess I'm SOL on the extra $40 or would they honor it?

If it's true about the Switch trade in extra $40, then I got screwed. Traded in my OG system on Monday. Guess I'm SOL on the extra $40 or would they honor it?
I did the same thing but with the PS4 Pro. Trade it in on a Friday for $275, that weekend it went for $325.

Gamestop associates denied any transaction difference, not that I was expecting they would.

Comes with the territory, you win some you lose some.

Dude you've been posting for weeks about trying to sell your PS4 Pro locally instead of just trading it in for marginally less... and you're seriously asking this? Lol
He does this in every thread, advocating that people sell their consoles instead of trading them in. I understand that sentiment SOMETIMES, but this GS trade promo is about as good as it gets. I would say the possibility of selling a console at a 10% premium locally isn't worth it, what with all the morons you will have to deal with between when you post the console and when you finally sell it (if you are lucky enough to sell it).

Looking on craigslist or facebook marketplace, there is an over-abundance of consoles (X1X, X1S, X1, PS4 Pro, PS4 Slim, PS4, Switch, etc) being sold for roughly the same amount that is being offered by trading it into GS. I HIGHLY doubt it's going to be as easy as Freeze Time makes it out to be, but maybe he is just a glutton for punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back