2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noice. Maybe I didn't miss out not trading last couple of weeks during that 5/50%. Are there still games that trigger 30% if traded in towards them?
According to an email from earlier this week, Back 4 Blood and Far Cry 6 should trigger 30% extra for Pros.

So I guess this means the 5/50% bonus is dead now? I know the controller bonus ended last Saturday, but I don't recall hearing whether the 5/50% had also ended.

This has been the absolute worst time to be on extended vacation. I left right before the 5/50% started. It's just been deal after deal and I just get to sit and watch.

Do you live near a Shop Rite? Do you know that it's probably the greatest grocery store in the USA? That I've been to anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if they start carrying video games one day.
Shop Rite is pretty good but if anyone has been to a Wegman's, those places are incredible grocery stores. I honestly don't know how they manage to have so much fancy stuff and still have really affordable and good store brand stuff. It seems like the UK sells video games in grocery stores but doesn't seem common in the US.

Shop Rite is pretty good but if anyone has been to a Wegman's, those places are incredible grocery stores. I honestly don't know how they manage to have so much fancy stuff and still have really affordable and good store brand stuff. It seems like the UK sells video games in grocery stores but doesn't seem common in the US.
They used too. Not really anymore.

Wegmans sells the grocery shopping experience. In almost any other facet, they are mediocre including pricing, and especially selection.

Wegman's != affordable

At least by me...

Does anyone know if the $2k max is tied to a driver's license number or just the account number?  I have multiple accounts and am close to maxing on my primary

i just called, was told theres 30% towards the following rn
far cry 6
back 4 blood
dread
battlefield
guardians of the galaxy
riders republic

think there was one more i forget
if you live in a state with no id needed i hate you

far cry 6
back 4 blood
dread
battlefield
guardians of the galaxy
riders republic

Mario party superstars?

I believe someone here posted an image of a flyer where Battlefield, Guardians of the Galaxy and Mario Party Superstars were all G2L.

This has been the absolute worst time to be on extended vacation. I left right before the 5/50% started. It's just been deal after deal and I just get to sit and watch.
They are really building up their inventories for the holiday season.

Does anyone know if NHL 22 is G2L?
It did not have the G2L symbol on any of the preorder game grids. The next one is Guardians of the Galaxy and then Mario Party Superstars

There’s no way lol it’s literally selling for $14 pre owned what kind of drugs are they on right now
It was even as low as 8.99 back in August.

According to an email from earlier this week, Back 4 Blood and Far Cry 6 should trigger 30% extra for Pros.

So I guess this means the 5/50% bonus is dead now? I know the controller bonus ended last Saturday, but I don't recall hearing whether the 5/50% had also ended.
100% dead. It was answered Sunday.

Scored a switch OLED from a Central NJ GameStop this morning, had to call a couple stores because the first one didn’t have any

Damn, the 30% bonus after Pro would have been better than the 60% bonus due to all of these switch games now getting $35 base.

Oh well, can't predict it.

i got like 350~ that cleared up but the rest of my 2k doesnt roll off til the end of the month obv
maaaan

If you use topcashback, I just noticed they've bumped the earnings for GS up to %10 plus there's a mystery bonus for a single transaction today.

10% pre-owned, collectibles, accessories

10% "all other purchases"

1% digital currency

0.5% last-gen consoles

i got like 350~ that cleared up but the rest of my 2k doesnt roll off til the end of the month obv
maaaan
paul-rudd-take-it-easy-champ.gif

Is G2L a good way to convert points to trade credit? I have about 50k points and I wanna have them as trade credits to prepare for holiday sales.

Is G2L a good way to convert points to trade credit? I have about 50k and I wanna have them as trade credits to prepare for holiday sales.
Yes, that's a good way to cash out points and earn some more in the process (for buying the game then trading it in).

Killingly, CT GS has 2 white OLEDs left as of 11am. Got in 6 yesterday. Probably most stores in the northeast have them or will have them today if normal shipping distro is happening. Have not checked elsewhere, though.

maaaan
I'm in the same boat, I'm just too close to that 2k so I'll have to wait.

Edit: If you follow the discussion thread, I posted flips due to this bump there.

I've been buying copies of Sekiro online and flipping them to ebay to transfer trade credit to cash after the nice controller & 50% bonus. Now they're taking back their own copies at 22 without bonus, sweet!

far cry 6
back 4 blood
dread
battlefield
guardians of the galaxy
riders republic

You're doing god's work.. Thanks!

Damn, the 30% bonus after Pro would have been better than the 60% bonus due to all of these switch games now getting $35 base.

Oh well, can't predict it.
Really depends on the game. Not all the $25 base 1st party Switch games got a bump. Can't beat yourself up over it. Some would've netted more, some would've netted less. It is what it is.

No Oleds in Iowa yet ugh gonna have to make a trip to trade in some switch games if they’re offering $45.50 for some titles

Anyone have experience with returning unopened consoles to Gamestop?

Both of my white OLED Switches came from Gamestop and Target and was going to just return the GS one in store.

Is it as easy as just bringing it in and showing them my order number?  Are they going to badger the shit out of me like they do when you try to make a purchase lol?

Both of my white OLED Switches came from Gamestop and Target and was going to just return the GS one in store.

Is it as easy as just bringing it in and showing them my order number? Are they going to badger the shit out of me like they do when you try to make a purchase lol?
I returned a PS4 once because I got a better deal. As long as the serial numbers match up, it shouldn't be a problem. Does Nintendo still not seal them? I returned a Switch to Walmart years ago, and they had to go to the electronics section to check the ones they had in stock to verify that they don't seal them. You would hope that a GS employee would know better, but as we all know... LOL

I returned a PS4 once because I got a better deal. As long as the serial numbers match up, it shouldn't be a problem. Does Nintendo still not seal them? I returned a Switch to Walmart years ago, and they had to go to the electronics section to check the ones they had in stock to verify that they don't seal them.
There is no sticker or anything on the little latch that you undo to open it.

I have not opened it though.

Is it as easy as just bringing it in and showing them my order number? Are they going to badger the shit out of me like they do when you try to make a purchase lol?
A return of that size definitely does hurt their numbers, so some employees might give you some guff, but you should be fine and they would probably be happy to have an OLED in store to sell and make someone happy. You'll probably just have to tell them why you're returning.

A return of that size definitely does hurt their numbers, so some employees might give you some guff, but you should be fine and they would probably be happy to have an OLED in store to sell and make someone happy. You'll probably just have to tell them why you're returning.
Yeah but it will probably be in the store for like an hour before someone else scoops it up.

Bring the item and the packing slip unopened, its fairly simple for them.

Okay thanks for that.  I did the online return thing and they sent me an email with packing slip.

I'll also just bring the box it arrived in that shows the Gamestop on the label.

Thanks.

The values in store for me weren't bumped. They had to manually override when ai showed them the new values. I'm not sure if Guardians is one of the games to give 30 percent bonus. There was a sixth game on the in-store ad but Guardians wasn't it. I don't remember what it was.

The values in store for me weren't bumped. They had to manually override when ai showed them the new values. I'm not sure if Guardians is one of the games to give 30 percent bonus. There was a sixth game on the in-store ad but Guardians wasn't it. I don't remember what it was.
Here comes the bait & switch crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back