2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The values in store for me weren't bumped. They had to manually override when ai showed them the new values. I'm not sure if Guardians is one of the games to give 30 percent bonus. There was a sixth game on the in-store ad but Guardians wasn't it. I don't remember what it was.
Same here. I couldnt find a game to trade towards for 30% and the trade ins weren't bumped.

Appreciate you guys posting - not going to bother today.  Hopefully everything's correct in their instore systems tomorrow.  Also hopefully someone finds at least one working +30% title.

Fallout 76 PS4 looks like a good flipper. $20 base trade-in.

Edit: Seems to be corrected to $5. Glad I traded mine in at $13.

Did you try preordering Guardians of the Galaxy and it didn't trigger the extra 20% boost?
No I didn't try because I noticed the games weren't ringing up for the stealth bump price. Tried some of the 38.50 switch games and they were only ringing up 27.50 so i just decided to try saturday or sunday.

No I didn't try because I noticed the games weren't ringing up for the stealth bump price. Tried some of the 38.50 switch games and they were only ringing up 27.50 so i just decided to try saturday or sunday.
Does the trade bump not go into effect until tomorrow, even though it's showing in the app today?

While you guys are at random Gamestops trading in Fallout 76s, don't forget to ask for what has recently been traded in! Today, I was forced to Luigi it up.  :oldman: Full price, no certs or discounts... I feel so ashamed!

X8ANxKB.png
XEqXrrb.png

Just traded in several games and I can confirm that Battlefield 2042 qualifies toward the 30% promotion. However, none of the values themselves have been updated. I was lucky and had an employee that updated the credit without even requesting proof, although I was honest and gave the exact values from the website.

Did Fallout 76 get fixed? PS4 shows $5.50 and Xbox is $1.65 now.
Yes, it seems that they can update the values in real-time now. However, the PoS system still has it at $12, so anyone who has spare copies should trade them in today.

10/8 - traded switch in and bought switch. Got ~16,000 points.

10/9 - trade switch in and bought switch. No points.

10/14 - called support and they credited me 16,000 points.
Called in earlier today and they gave me the amount I was short, which was 11,000. He then gave me an extra 10,000 for the hell of it.

Phone call took maybe 8 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably going to go in tomorrow to finally trade my VCRbox and the X1X. Site quotes me 110 and 275, what should I end up with? I've got ample controllers and cords. Waiting to sign up for Pro in-store because I know how important those are.

Trade ins are eligible for points??? I'm a pro member and I could've sworn I saw trades were eligible but when I asked in store, I was told you don't get any

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ouch! That hurts, didn't think it would tank that bad, bought 20 copies to trade in.
I once did the same thing, luckily the title I bought rebounded after about a month and I got my original profit margin back out. You unfortunately may be boned, that FO 76 TIV seemed like a honeypot to me. Was tempting though.

1 per customer per day per store, after 4 in a rolling period you get trade banned, yes.
I'm not sure if that's the case. I have been able to trade 2 copies of a game for the same system a few times. I traded in 2 Fallout76 PS4 and 2 copies of another game(got for $4 from BestBuy) before the price cut and they took it. I've done this at two different stores and the employees did let me know that 2 was the max for a trade. It might depend on your store and the employee. Always worth a call.

I'm not sure if that's the case. I have been able to trade 2 copies of a game for the same system a few times. I traded in 2 Fallout76 PS4 and 2 copies of another game(got for $4 from BestBuy) before the price cut and they took it. I've done this at two different stores and the employees did let me know that 2 was the max for a trade. It might depend on your store and the employee. Always worth a call.
What is a/the rolling period? I've traded in two copies of a game (same system) in a store no problem several times before. I'm about to go to another store to trade in another pair of the same exact game in hopes that I won't get trade banned once I hit the four copies mark that we seem to agree on.

Isn't there a limit for trade ins? Like, up to four copies of the same SKU?
I assume he was joking or he is very, very new.
Fwiw, there is really no risk unless you buy new and open the game prematurely. You should only open a flip right before you go in the store anyway. As long as it's sealed, you can always return it to wherever you bought it.

What is a/the rolling period? I've traded in two copies of a game (same system) in a store no problem several times before. I'm about to go to another store to trade in another pair of the same exact game in hopes that I won't get trade banned once I hit the four copies mark that we seem to agree on.
The rolling period is 30 days. You can trade in 4 copies of the same game and up to $2000 in trade credit or $500 in cash within any 30 day window.

Former employee here, the limit has always been 1. You can probably find a store that'll let you into the back to take a dump, but they're not supposed to.

Former employee here, the limit has always been 1. You can probably find a store that'll let you into the back to take a dump, but they're not supposed to.
Different stores will set their own personal limit. The cash register limit is 4 of the same copy for the same system every 30 days. After 4 your account gets banned / limited.

Different stores will set their own personal limit. The cash register limit is 4 of the same copy for the same system every 30 days. After 4 your account gets banned / limited.
This is wrong. The company limit is 1. Period. Store's don't get to set their own limit, and they CAN get you trade banned if you go over 1 and/or fired.

There are limits, and the system can be ruthless. Just because local management is inept doesn't mean you can't be nuked at any time. I'm just saying if you're counting on limits not existing consider your assets like money under a mattress. Sure it's safe for now but you're fucked if something happens. Don't sit on it.

This is wrong. The company limit is 1. Period. Store's don't get to set their own limit, and they CAN get you trade banned if you go over 1 and/or fired.
It isn't wrong but you're free to believe otherwise.

"The company limit is 1.". This isn't true just because your individual store has this limit set by management (SL).

"Store's don't get to set their own limit". This isn't true and individual stores can have their own policy set by management. Many in this thread can attest to this too.

"they CAN get you trade banned if you go over 1 and/or fired.". You can get trade banned for any reason if a junior detective decides to look into your account and report it, which at that point it can be banned by upper management. But the register will not ban you unless you go over 4 of the same game per 30 days.

Many of us in this thread this month alone have traded 4 of the same copies without issue, including myself. Nothing happened because the register doesn't ban unless you go over that limit or an employee reports your trades as suspicious and upper management decides to do an individual ban. But again, you're free to believe otherwise.

oh my bad. i didn't feel like going through 5 pages of everyone asking the same questions about trade limits and switch lite trade bonuses. i'll do better next time.
But you go through the trouble of buying multiple copies of Fallout 76 to bring to various Gamestops for ~$10 extra Gamestop credit per copy, at the risk of being trade-banned. Maybe you could do better with a better-paying job.

Traded in four games from the MWT list. All got the bump and extra boost towards Battlefield. Mario Party Superstars despite being listed on their sheet did not trigger a trade-in boost.

Also traded in a switch and got $260 for it, walked out with a white OLED.

But you go through the trouble of buying multiple copies of Fallout 76 to bring to various Gamestops for ~$10 extra Gamestop credit per copy, at the risk of being trade-banned. Maybe you could do better with a better-paying job.
Not a better job, just a better hobby.

Had a decent trip today, had an uppity tween try and fight me to remind me why I don't go to stores.

VCR Xbox $160

X1X $325

Xbox controller $27.50

Xbox controller, old with no battery door $17

Net after pro signup $515 credit. I think I'm going to sit for whatever deal happens on the non-OLED Switch, either a price cut or a giftcard.

So its $135 for a Lite?
I was excited to ditch my lite after getting my OLED but the lite promo bonus is considerably weaker compared to the OG switch deal right now.

$260/300 is an amazing 86.7% of the original MSRP

$135/200 is 67.5%. Its not terrible, but not nearly as generous.

It isn't wrong but you're free to believe otherwise.

"The company limit is 1.". This isn't true just because your individual store has this limit set by management (SL).

"Store's don't get to set their own limit". This isn't true and individual stores can have their own policy set by management. Many in this thread can attest to this too.

"they CAN get you trade banned if you go over 1 and/or fired.". You can get trade banned for any reason if a junior detective decides to look into your account and report it, which at that point it can be banned by upper management. But the register will not ban you unless you go over 4 of the same game per 30 days.

Many of us in this thread this month alone have traded 4 of the same copies without issue, including myself. Nothing happened because the register doesn't ban unless you go over that limit or an employee reports your trades as suspicious and upper management decides to do an individual ban. But again, you're free to believe otherwise.
I'm telling you what the literal company policy is. It is 1. Period. There's no arguing this. Store's literally are risking their job and getting you banned by taking any more than that. Period.

It seems like the bonus for Nintendo Switch console trade is over. Went to one GameStop and called another. Both didn't see it in their systems.

It's 1 per day. My store is incredibly strict and they still don't care if I come back 4 different days and trade the same game each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back