2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
what games, if you dont mind?
Took like five minutes to find some of the games that have base $35.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Nintendo Switch
Diablo III Eternal Collection - Nintendo Switch
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition - Nintendo Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Nintendo Switch
Metroid Dread - Nintendo Switch
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin - Nintendo Switch
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe - Nintendo Switch
Pokemon Shield - Nintendo Switch
Super Mario 3D All-Stars - Nintendo Switch
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Nintendo Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Nintendo Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

What version of Guardians of the Galaxy? I tried the PS4 standard and it didn't trigger the bonus, but Battlefield 2042 PS5 standard did.
I tried to do PS5 standard but noticed when I got in the car the guy did the deluxe version instead without saying a word to me :shame:. Good thing I only put down $5

Anyone know if buying a new game is getting you 20% off again?I bought a copy of The Escapists 2 on switch ($15) and a copy of used

Silent Hill HD Collection on xbox and got $5 off

Never got my FC6 game coin.  Ended up calling a couple of days ago and got 10k points added to my account.

Been trying since yesterday to order 3 games for local store pickup.  Every time I go to checkout, it makes 1 game set for pickup and puts the other 2 as shipping to me.  I can get 1 game at a time to show as pickup but every time I go back to the 3 I want, it has the same problem.  Same thing in a totally different browser.

Anyone else seeing this happen?

Did the Switch (other consoles) tradein bonus definitely end yesterday or did they wind up extending it?
TIA

Did the Switch (other consoles) tradein bonus definitely end yesterday or did they wind up extending it?
TIA
we won't know until someone confirms in store but website says "get up to $240 for switch" and "$300 for xbox/ps4" so I think its still ongoing, since trade value shows $200 max base trade value for switch - $240 is $200 + $40 bump (no pro), add another $20 (10%) for pro gets you to $260 again.

I was gonna trade in some games later today and put that towards a preorder of Pokémon brilliant diamond & shining pearl double pack today at GS so if the 30% Trade boost for PUR members is actually true like that flyer on the previous page says please let me know 😀

we won't know until someone confirms in store but website says "get up to $240 for switch" and "$300 for xbox/ps4" so I think its still ongoing, since trade value shows $200 max base trade value for switch - $240 is $200 + $40 bump (no pro), add another $20 (10%) for pro gets you to $260 again.
After failing hard yesterday i can confirm the bonus is still working for the switch. Just traded mine in for 260

I was gonna trade in some games later today and put that towards a preorder of Pokémon brilliant diamond & shining pearl double pack today at GS so if the 30% Trade boost for PUR members is actually true like that flyer on the previous page says please let me know 😀
You're going to have to go and try. Mario Party Superstars, also on the flyer and releasing before Pokemon, didn't trigger the bonus. Battlefield did trigger the bonus and hopefully will be G2L like that same flyer implies.

Still regret not buying more $0.03 Fallout 76s from wally. Didn't think it was worth the shelf space at the time. Wish I had taken a picture of the 20+ copies I left sitting in the clearance section for this thread now :fridge:

Struck out on finding anything good today - Did see a few plain 2DSs. Nothing worth picking up - but word is most stores are required to send all retro stuff back to warehouse now and can only sell in-store for a few days when the trade hold drops depending on how strict they follow their DL. Funny anecdote as I was chatting - was told stores couldn't tell you how many OLEDs they had left because of fear of robberies. :no:
I would've gotten them if for nothing else than just for the cases. As it stands now I have to settle for gutting scuffed copies of Destiny and Madden from Mega Replay for 99 cents to replace the cases that get destroyed by Fedex when I buy things from Gamestop.

Unfortunately all I ever found in the way of 3 cent crapware is a bunch of copies of Rocket League and Anthem on Xbone and I don't actually buy/collect Xbone games.

Yupe just did it a few hours ago. The monitors in the store were even advertising it.

Now have to wait for Oled version to come back in stock.

Thank you.

The latest email shows a Pro promotion for $10 and mentions that you still get the 10k points, so it pays for itself immediately. Don't know if current members can get in on it, but you might as well sign up everyone in your family.

The latest email shows a Pro promotion for $10 and mentions that you still get the 10k points, so it pays for itself immediately. Don't know if current members can get in on it, but you might as well sign up everyone in your family.
3 for $30 (14.99 and under) and 5 for $10 (4.99 and under) also going on still if you can find something rare to combine. (in-store only)

Can't confirm but was told CSAC was active now for HARDWARE Only (presumably electronics as well). :cold:

3 for $30 (14.99 and under) and 5 for $10 (4.99 and under) also going on still if you can find something rare to combine.

Can't confirm but was told CSAC was active now for HARDWARE Only (presumably electronics as well). :cold:
It doesn’t work for me I added 3 games under $15 to my cart and it doesn’t show $30 is this in store only?

Didn't allow me to convert an existing regular account to Pro but it let me with a brand new account

I'm assuming it's just because it's hard to find if you want a copy for collection.  It's not really any different than the other Skylanders games, fairly average adventure games.

Decided to stop by GameStop after work after seeing that post earlier and...

[attachment=36237:20211017_162118.jpg]

Feeling inspired after finding it on my very first try, I checked two other Gamestops but found nothing.

New to being a pro member to get extra 10% trade in credit for bringing in a Switch ($260) and a 2014 PS4 ($215) plus a PS4 controller.

I have enough for $25 for in store rewards certificate. If I chose that reward, print and bring to the store can I use it to purchase a $25 Nintendo E-Shop card?

New to being a pro member to get extra 10% trade in credit for turning in Switch and a PS4.

I have enough for $25 for in store rewards certificate. If I chose that reward, print and bring to the store can I use it to purchase a $25 Nintendo E-Shop card?
Yes. Most of the time they can pull up active certs, so printing is probably not necessary.

Went ahead and bit on the $260 for a Switch, as I still had my Animal Crossing Switch in the closest that I never opened. Got $585 from the Switch and PS4 Pro, so I'm ready for Black Friday to roll around and give us some good deals. I've been taking a note of which games trade in for $35 base on boosts so I'll know what to get to stock up on more credit

Can you trade in more than a game is worth "toward a game" and get the 30% bonus for the full amount, and then just get back all the "spillover" as trade credit?

Hopefully what I just wrote here is comprehensible

Can you trade in more than a game is worth "toward a game" and get the 30% bonus for the full amount, and then just get back all the "spillover" as trade credit?

Hopefully what I just wrote here is comprehensible
Yes, I trade in 200-300 in value sometimes, pay the game preorder in full and then have it put the rest into my card

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back