2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, so at around 11:30pm last night I sent an email asking about my far cry 6 gamecoin, figuring I'd hear back in a couple days. I got a response about 10 MINUTES later and they gave me 10k points instead since they "no longer have any of the game coins".

That was a pleasant surprise.

Been tempted to go gaming computer instead of next gen console for a minute, and now just realized they sell laptops. Anybody got any insight or suggestions on which models to look at? Sub $1500 ideally, and likely to go on sale. Thanks!

Bumped values still working today, at least for SMBU Deluxe and Super Mario 3d world, for switch.  Just got $45.50 each with preorder of GOTG for PS5.

Also, saw an official looking printout on the counter showing G2L for GOTG, Super Mario Party, CoD Vanguard, and 1 other that I just forgot.

Also did the $10 renewal for Pro with 10k points back.  Think I'm set for 3 or 4 years now, lol.

PRINT RENEWAL PRO QUESTION.

Will renewing a print pro account with a redeemed (14.99 value) DigitalPro Membership Coupon (15K pts) pay it Entirely or will I have to still add $5 cash?

In the past the coupon just knocks off $15.

I've been getting an:

"Access Denied.  You don't have permission to access Gamestop.com on this server" message since about 12am.  I just cleared cookies for the site, and am still getting that message.  Anyone seen this before?

Zombie Army Trilogy (NSW) is currently $12 and has a base trade of $20

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=11099624
It's 30 days between multiple trades of the same title that needs to elapse before you get banned right? I have a few of those I traded over the summer and I'm tempted to get 3 more. Would this be pushing my luck if they all came from GS?

Also, is it still CSAC this week?

It's 30 days between multiple trades of the same title that needs to elapse before you get banned right? I have a few of those I traded over the summer and I'm tempted to get 3 more. Would this be pushing my luck if they all came from GS?

Also, is it still CSAC this week?
You can trade 4 of the same game in a rolling 30 days. I don't think they changed that.

I've been getting an:

"Access Denied. You don't have permission to access Gamestop.com on this server" message since about 12am. I just cleared cookies for the site, and am still getting that message. Anyone seen this before?
You refreshed too many times and their site IP banned you. Try from mobile.

You can trade 4 of the same game in a rolling 30 days. I don't think they changed that.
Yeah, I recall. Just wanna make sure there's nothing else I should be looking out for. Like would it be an issue to trade in the same game on different days on the same pre-order at the same store...stuff like that. Unless I can do CSAC for $20, then that'd be the goal.

I've been getting an:

"Access Denied. You don't have permission to access Gamestop.com on this server" message since about 12am. I just cleared cookies for the site, and am still getting that message. Anyone seen this before?
I get that when I'm on my VPN. Turning off usually lets me in.

I've been getting an:

I have been getting this on the site and app for the past week. And i have not refreshed alot or anything. I tried my phone, different browsers, clearing cookies, nothing has worked.

I traded in my games today, the 20% preorder bonus DOES NOT work on Pokemon Diamond, it did work for Guardians Xbox (even though they did it for the deluxe edition so I am going to need to change that).

And are the Switch Oleds hard to find? My store had a lot in their case.

I see Guardians of the Galaxy trade bump is working. Any luck on Pokemon or Mario Party yet? Thanks!
Mario party worked for me yesterday

Yeah, I recall. Just wanna make sure there's nothing else I should be looking out for. Like would it be an issue to trade in the same game on different days on the same pre-order at the same store...stuff like that. Unless I can do CSAC for $20, then that'd be the goal.
I plan to do that with a current preorder. My store employees are pretty cool and want the trades, so I don't think they look into it too much, but it's always ymmv if someone's going to investigate your activity.

I got 32.5 for mario kart and 32.5 for mario odyssey? website says 38.5 each not including bonus pre-order from battlefield..promo says 27437... what happen here?

Breath of the Wild was 38.50 an hour ago. I called the 800 number and they price matched Walmart on the digital bundle and I used credit to pay for that over the phone while in the parking lot and then traded in my copy. Was hoping for a bump but upgrading to digital while getting the DLC for around $9 total works for me.

... what happen here?
You got gamestopped. Next time show them the trade values on the app. They would have to manually override the values, ymmv. And always check the values before you sign the pinpad and slide your trade card.

Just a heads up: Some stores are offering significantly reduced trade values again. One of the stores here offered approximately 2/3 of the listed trade value on the website ($25 base for Breath of the Wild, $20 base instead of $30 for Dark Souls Trilogy). I showed the values to the employee and she said that they are not allowed to adjust trade values in their store and encouraged me to trade them in at another store. I've never had any issues with this specific store in the past, so I assume this is something they're rolling out for the holidays. 

Seconding the trade-in value issue. I tried to trade in Black Ops III with a base value of $17. Rang up as $10. The guy agreed to manually adjust the value, but would not give me the 30% bonus for pre-order. He ended up giving me the pro value (18.70), and then my extra 10% applied to that for some reason, so I ended up with around $20.

Appreciate you guys reporting about values.  Saving me a trip this evening.

I guess it's good that we had 2 extra days of mwt values (net after starting 1 day late).  But if they're going to blast out an email advertising them, they really should hold to defined starting/ending dates.

Appreciate you guys reporting about values. Saving me a trip this evening.

I guess it's good that we had 2 extra days of mwt values (net after starting 1 day late). But if they're going to blast out an email advertising them, they really should hold to defined starting/ending dates.
I definitely don't think this is MWT related. Every single game that I tried to trade in, including games that are not on the list, had drastically lower values compared to the site. The values were all correct at the two neighboring stores (which I ended up trading in), so I'm 100% certain that this is store-specific. The employee even told me that this was new and encouraged me to trade them to a different store. I remember that this happened during the holiday season in 2019 where certain stores had lower trade-in values.

I'm 100% certain that this is store-specific. The employee even told me that this was new and encouraged me to trade them to a different store. I remember that this happened during the holiday season in 2019 where certain stores had lower trade-in values.
I've only encountered a single store being off once. Summer '17, which was the only time I considered worth going around to all the stores in my area. And that particular store had not updated their system correctly that day.

$5 monthly voucher was NOT able to be used for the $15 physical magazine Pro renewal today.
Hmm, it's possible the cashier manually discounted it by $5. However, they didn't say anything or act as though the cert couldn't be applied. I imagine that means the cert may still be active. Will have to check later on and see if it is.

Sorry if this was recently mentioned, but do we have any idea which games are a 30% trade in boost right now?

I've only encountered a single store being off once. Summer '17, which was the only time I considered worth going around to all the stores in my area. And that particular store had not updated their system correctly that day.
It absolutely did happen in 2019:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367591-the-gamestop-thread/?p=14247775

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367591-the-gamestop-thread/?p=14247779

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367591-the-gamestop-thread/?p=14240663

Some districts (including my local district) were not affected, but it did impact many stores and became increasingly widespread throughout the holiday season. At the time, there were also multiple posts/comments on the GameStop subreddit with employees complaining about corporate reducing their store's values.
good to know
really hoping it was an outlier or hes pulling our leg
been building a large stack to take in
I actually did trade in a game at this store and I can upload a picture for proof if you want. The employee also told me that she can no longer adjust trade-in values, which is very strange because I've never had issues with that in the past. She seemed to anticipate this conversation and even mentioned that other stores may still have the correct values as well as the authority to change them, but it seemed like she could not elaborate further without getting in trouble.

I do hope this is an outlier too, although the nature of this conversation as well as the fact that someone else here had a similar experience leads me to believe that corporate is up to something. With that said, I would still trust the values on the website because the vast majority of stores should still be fine.

It absolutely did happen in 2019:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367591-the-gamestop-thread/?p=14247775

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367591-the-gamestop-thread/?p=14247779

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367591-the-gamestop-thread/?p=14240663

Some districts (including my local district) were not affected, but it did impact many stores and became increasingly widespread throughout the holiday season. At the time, there were also multiple posts/comments on the GameStop subreddit with employees complaining about corporate reducing their store's values.
I actually did trade in a game at this store and I can upload a picture for proof if you want. The employee also told me that she can no longer adjust trade-in values, which is very strange because I've never had issues with that in the past. She seemed to anticipate this conversation and even mentioned that other stores may still have the correct values as well as the authority to change them, but it seemed like she could not elaborate further without getting in trouble.

I do hope this is an outlier too, although the nature of this conversation as well as the fact that someone else here had a similar experience leads me to believe that corporate is up to something. With that said, I would still trust the values on the website because the vast majority of stores should still be fine.
i mean this is gamestop so i believe you. ive had employees deny to things like web in store cause no one taught them or they didnt feel like it

also lol

Pl5z22y.png

Just traded my PS4 slim 1TB for $242.50 (so it still had the $50 bump) but a few games I considered trading had values lower than the website. [NY]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back