2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
think mwt is done done
checked a couple stores and got confirmation in a store with games in my hand

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah web in store orders are basically just them selling you a gift card and using it to pay for an online order.  can't use coupons on gift cards.

that's why why if you look up an online order that was a web in store order it'll show gift card as payment type no matter how you paid.

So I finally got my points from my October 9 transaction of a switch trade in towards an OLED after I had called them for missing points a week and a half later which they had gave me because they knew it was an issue with that day. Now if the Far Cry Game Coin shows up after I had received 10,000 points for that already too…

How high can I stack pro memberships?
I don't think stacking is the issue, so much as getting the 10k points. I myself got the points the day after I added another year to my PUR Pro, but I don't believe my girlfriend has yet.

I'm skeptical to say the least, especially since GS has been so spotty with issuing points.

Both stores I went to today also were giving lower values than what's shown on the website, but both stores also price matched the website without issue. The only problem is the extra 20% you get from putting credit towards a preorder is based on the "real" TIV and not the one that we're currently seeing on the site, so you end up getting a little less. For example for one of the $35 base Mario games, you get $43.50 now instead of $45.50

I don't think stacking is the issue, so much as getting the 10k points. I myself got the points the day after I added another year to my PUR Pro, but I don't believe my girlfriend has yet.

I'm skeptical to say the least, especially since GS has been so spotty with issuing points.
Dropped by and added a year with credit, will be interesting to see if it works. The guy was confused why I was renewing when I already had a year.

Was able to grab a refurbished White Switch OLED earlier today on the website lol. Tho just says " Awaiting product availability" on the order page.

Just traded my PS4 slim 1TB for $242.50 (so it still had the $50 bump) but a few games I considered trading had values lower than the website. [NY]
thats funny, yesterday I went to trade in another 500gb xbone and the guy told me it was $110(NJ), I will have to check again cause I got the $50 bonus last week

Looks like a lot of the boosted Switch game TIVs are back down on the site now, but there are still some (Black Ops 3 PS4, Cold War PS4) that are still boosted

[attachment=36247:mwt.png]

Just got this in an email, not too sure what to make of it. Marketing department lag or TIVs will get boosted again this week?

attachicon.gif
mwt.png

Just got this in an email, not too sure what to make of it. Marketing department lag or TIVs will get boosted again this week?
could be that promo they did a while back when they gave an extra $10 to ps5 games and a few series x games. though the switch games in the pic could mean switch games are included this time.

I got a email about reviewing the new Xbox I bought which I certainly didn't buy.
Make sure you check your bank statements to make sure someone didn't use your CC to buy one.

I had my info stolen years ago, someone went on a spending spree, including at Best Buy, and then like a few weeks later, Best Buy sent me an email suggesting additional add-ons to the items the thieves bought.

could be that promo they did a while back when they gave an extra $10 to ps5 games and a few series x games. though the switch games in the pic could mean switch games are included this time.
Can someone confirm this? I got the same email and link to the offer shows 4300+ trade values. Didn't browse everything but it pulled up games like Metroid Dread & Mario All stars at $35 base, games as low as $5 base, and Wii sports for $12 base, just to name a few. Older gen and switch titles seemed more boosted than current gen titles all around. Wondering if these values get $10 boost, especially games with a sub $10 base.

Smash Ultimate is $41 used right now. Is that as low as the game gets, or should I wait until BF?
I can't imagine it would go too much lower, looking at last years BF ad the first party Nintendo games like Mario Maker/Luigi's Mansion/Link's Awakening were $40 new so it might would go $3 lower if anything. There's always the chance of the B2G1 sale though

I can't imagine it would go too much lower, looking at last years BF ad the first party Nintendo games like Mario Maker/Luigi's Mansion/Link's Awakening were $40 new so it might would go $3 lower if anything. There's always the chance of the B2G1 sale though
Yeah and I imagine it’s more in demand with Sora being added now. Let’s see if my patience can hold me over until BF 😅 thanks for the response!

Yeah Walmart had a lot of first party Nintendo games for $30 last year, but I have a hard time seeing GameStop having them for much less than $35-$40, but this close in the year I always recommend waiting. Hopefully full ads get released soon.

Make sure you check your bank statements to make sure someone didn't use your CC to buy one.
I had my info stolen years ago, someone went on a spending spree, including at Best Buy, and then like a few weeks later, Best Buy sent me an email suggesting additional add-ons to the items the thieves bought.
Yup did that first thing. I'd assume it was meant for another account and got sent to me by mistake.

Surprised how easy pricematching online is. Had brought a Razer Naga Pro on the website and it dropped by $30 at Best Buy/Amazon a few days later, talked to the chat and they ended up mailing me a $30 gift card for the difference

3 GameStop’s today told me they’re not doing cash trade in’s for consoles. Trying to trade my older switch. I wonder if they’re doing it on purpose till the switch cash same as credit promotion ends.

Yeah Walmart had a lot of first party Nintendo games for $30 last year, but I have a hard time seeing GameStop having them for much less than $35-$40, but this close in the year I always recommend waiting. Hopefully full ads get released soon.
I'm eagerly anticipating the BF ad this year, my PS4 Pro and Switch trade, along with 5 Switch games, has got me flush with credit to burn this year.

Yeah and I imagine it’s more in demand with Sora being added now. Let’s see if my patience can hold me over until BF thanks for the response!
There's also the possibility of it being a $35 base trade in before BF as well, so you could gamble on buying it and being able to trade it back in for a net profit with a 30% trade in bonus or a loss of about $3

FedEx just dropped off my PS5 from the drop on Tuesday. Probably won't even open it for a while due to moving soon but damn it feels good to finally have one in hand.

3 GameStop’s today told me they’re not doing cash trade in’s for consoles. Trying to trade my older switch. I wonder if they’re doing it on purpose till the switch cash same as credit promotion ends.
have they done cash trades there before? some locations are restricted by law and aren't allowed to offer cash trades at all. the other possibility which happens often during major trade-in promotions is they simply ran out of cash to offer and have to get more cash sales in before they can pay anything out, can't give what you don't have afterall.

Can someone confirm this? I got the same email and link to the offer shows 4300+ trade values. Didn't browse everything but it pulled up games like Metroid Dread & Mario All stars at $35 base, games as low as $5 base, and Wii sports for $12 base, just to name a few. Older gen and switch titles seemed more boosted than current gen titles all around. Wondering if these values get $10 boost, especially games with a sub $10 base.
I'm a little confused myself. I called in store asking to use Zelda BotW for a mock trade in and they told me that game will only get me $25 trade in credit. BotW does show up as eligible for the extra $10 credit in the email link but so far no success. Shame, I have a decent stash of games to trade in if they qualify.

So how have you all gone about receiving incorrect items from GS online? I ordered Family guy ps3 game, and they sent me the ps2 game. I wasn't even aware they still had PS2 games!? Also it had no case that bothered me a lot

So how have you all gone about receiving incorrect items from GS online? I ordered Family guy ps3 game, and they sent me the ps2 game. I wasn't even aware they still had PS2 games!? Also it had no case that bothered me a lot
Their retro stock is pretty limited these days, so that's pretty surprising to hear. Just go to your account -> My Orders -> Start a Return. You'll have the option to request a refund or a replacement. I'd suggest going with the refund, but I've noticed that Back to the Multiverse comes in stock pretty frequently lately so just keep an eye on the site.

5 copies of Torna avaiable. Price bumped up to $40 so mostly for those that actually want the game at this point!  :razz:

bvdBnSZ.png

all markdown prices are like that.  stores dont have the same dynamic pricing the website does, yet at least.  all they can do is pricematch the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back