2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
That just means there's no preowned listing for the game in question. You'll have to call a store to ask for the TIV.
I called and they couldn't find it either which he said meant they no longer take it. He said that's typically if a game goes F2P, is overproduced, or just deemed worthless to GameStop lol

California people: does GameStop charge tax pre or post trade in credit?

For example if I have $300 of TIC and buy a switch, am I paying tax on the full $350?

Some states/jurisdictions do not charge tax when you use trade credit to buy stuff. Colorado is tax on the original amount, trade credit does not change tax due. I believe CA is the same, but that was several years ago.

You'll pay tax on the remaining $50.
That doesn't sound correct. TIC is not a coupon or rebate (and even then some stores tax full price before coupon/rebate like Costco)..

It's just another form of payment.

He should be taxed on the entire $350 purchase.

The only way you can avoid the tax out here is to use certs.   If an item is $300 and I put $50 of certs towards it, then I'm taxed on the $250.  If an item is $300 and I pay with TIC, cash or credit then I'm taxed on the whole $300. 

That doesn't sound correct. TIC is not a coupon or rebate (and even then some stores tax full price before coupon/rebate like Costco)..

It's just another form of payment.

He should be taxed on the entire $350 purchase.
Depends on where you live. IE in VA you do not pay tax on the portion of the bill that is paid with trade in credit.

Anyone have any luck getting 10K points on more than 1 PUR purchase?

I bought 2 years in store on Saturday. First 10K applied to my account within 24 hours but second hasn't. Guy at the store said I'd get 10K points for each year I buy which is the only reason I bought a second year.

For reference, my account already had an active PUR set to expire January 2022.

First time upgrading to Pro since they began doing the $5 a month coupon and I have a few questions if anyone knows the answers:

1) I signed up on Friday, when should I get the first coupon?

2) Where do you find the coupon? I checked my account online and couldn't find anything. Nothing in email either.

3) Can employees still do the digital steam codes from their registers for $5 or is the lowest denomination the $20 steam cards they sell in store?

Thanks!!

1. Nov 1st
2. Active offers online. Cashiers can also find it after pulling up your account
3. $5 cards only apply to xbox and eshop currency. The lowest they can print steam is 20. Some stores still have the cards which let you load a custom amount $10-200. If you find those you can do half off $10 steam credit using your montly.

When they send you a physical gift card as a refund on an order, how does it come and in anyone's experience how long after you get the email? I've only ever received a credit card refund before. Got the "your order has shipped" email on Saturday night with no tracking.

1. Nov 1st
2. Active offers online. Cashiers can also find it after pulling up your account
3. $5 cards only apply to xbox and eshop currency. The lowest they can print steam is 20. Some stores still have the cards which let you load a custom amount $10-200. If you find those you can do half off $10 steam credit using your montly.
Thank you so much for the info!

When they send you a physical gift card as a refund on an order, how does it come and in anyone's experience how long after you get the email? I've only ever received a credit card refund before. Got the "your order has shipped" email on Saturday night with no tracking.
if i remember correctly they just send it in the mail.

envelope in the mail
1-2 weeks

I got $25 yesterday for Zombie Army trilogy. It's listed as 13.20. But I also trade in PS4 Fifa 21 and that shows up as 16 but I got 11 like the other FIFA 21's.

Watchdogs Legion is on sale for 15 used. Qualifies for in store promo. 3 15 dollar used titles for 30. If anyone wants to take a chance on a boomerang. Or buy back the copy they traded in.

So I got my Far Cry 6 Game Coin and of course it expires today. Luckily I’m going to pick up Guardians but it snuck in my active offers within the last 24 hours or so.

called and got my "gamecoin" (points) the other day....and now i've got my actual gamecoin that expires today...there's also a torrential downpour apparently all day...we'll see if it's worth it to run out later...

Just got my Far Cry 6 game coin, expiring tomorrow, lol.
So I got my Far Cry 6 Game Coin and of course it expires today. Luckily I’m going to pick up Guardians but it snuck in my active offers within the last 24 hours or so.
I got the gamecoin as well, expiring tomorrow.
called and got my "gamecoin" (points) the other day....and now i've got my actual gamecoin that expires today...there's also a torrential downpour apparently all day...we'll see if it's worth it to run out later...
Thanks for the heads-up, I see the offer as well. I also see a 10/27 expiration for it under my Active Offers on desktop, but I suggest taking a screenshot of the EBC code or writing it down ASAP in case the offer vanishes overnight if you're not able to get to a Gamestop today.

Don't usually see trade value changes on Tuesdays, but there were a bunch this morning. Check the values if you plan on trading anything today. Fallout 76 PS4 went up a little.

They have turned into VagueStop with their trade in promos.
Customer: Are there any new trade-in promotions this week?

GS Employee:

robert-downey-jr-maybe.gif

It wasn't prominently advertised like Lost Judgment or Far Cry 6, but I do recall seeing that offer. Nice to hear that it showed up for you without hassle.
Yeah weird, I picked it up cuz the price dropped. We'll time to use both of my Gc's today...!

That doesn't really make sense though. Say for instance with the +$5 promo, the PUR Pro bonus is based off the base value.

So should be $12*1.1+$10=$23.20

Not sure how you got $25. Can you post the line items associated with this from your receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back