2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a switch lite that I want to trade in. Everything is immaculate, with the exception of one scratch on the lower right hand side of the screen.

Will GameStop take it still?

I have a switch lite that I want to trade in. Everything is immaculate, with the exception of one scratch on the lower right hand side of the screen.

Will GameStop take it still?
Might not or might just hit you with the refurb fee. They'll be looking for it though, so you'd just gotta be prepared to take a hit. Ebay might actually be better.

EBC 3067588 - Not sure if they differ, but I picked up the PS5 version
Same code for PS4 version

There was a preorder bonus? I didn't get it then, the dude and I had a nice convo about the pokemon shiny legendary code and said they ran out instantly. He gave me some pokemon promo stuff Vmax snoarlax and a binder. Seems to worth some money on ebay

it was a business card thing to win a prize.

There was a preorder bonus? I didn't get it then, the dude and I had a nice convo about the pokemon shiny legendary code and said they ran out instantly. He gave me some pokemon promo stuff Vmax snoarlax and a binder. Seems to worth some money on ebay

its just some tin with a business card that has a chance to win crap

That doesn't really make sense though. Say for instance with the +$5 promo, the PUR Pro bonus is based off the base value.

So should be $12*1.1+$10=$23.20

Not sure how you got $25. Can you post the line items associated with this from your receipt.
I rounded up. It was $24.30.

[attachment=36259:02126FFC-BE9B-4EBB-92BA-3B4AF5AA2ADE.jpeg]

What are the chances of a trade-in boost for PS4 Pro / Xbox One X around Black Friday? Especially versus the chances of their trade values going down in that same time period.

I got $25 yesterday for Zombie Army trilogy. It's listed as 13.20. But I also trade in PS4 Fifa 21 and that shows up as 16 but I got 11 like the other FIFA 21's.
Thanks. I just traded in my copies of Zombie Army and Southpark for Switch and both games got the $10 bonus.

Does anyone know the criteria for a switch game getting a $10 boost? Like does it need to have min TIV?
There is no definite answer but both of my games had a TIV over $10. Someone would have to try a game lower than $10 to see if it would work. Calling the store is pointless because that's what I did and the value was different than what they quoted me. The $10 bonus seems to be a Pro member bonus on Switch games.

Customer: Are there any new trade-in promotions this week?

GS Employee:

robert-downey-jr-maybe.gif
This thread knows more than the employees do.

Oh cool ok, so if it's on that list it gets the $10 boost automatically? I saw link's awakening on there, and if I can get $10 more than the listed value I'll go today to trade it

EBC 3067588 - Not sure if they differ, but I picked up the PS5 version
Can't remember if G2L games have the last day you can trade the game back in for full value, or if it just says something to the effect of "within 48 hours"? Or are these early weekday releases handled differently, and you have a bit more time to trade the game in?

Can't remember if G2L games have the last day you can trade the game back in for full value, or if it just says something to the effect of "within 48 hours"? Or are these early weekday releases handled differently, and you have a bit more time to trade the game in?
For Guardians, it should be "through 10/28".

Just got 325 TC for my white ps4 pro this morning- too hard to pass up. Other option is $275 cash.
Crazy times we live in. I remember buying mine for $275 brand new from Target with a Cartwheel discount a few years ago.

I’ve got a Death Stranding PS4 pro that I bought for $300 two years ago and I wanna keep the controller so can I use a third party PS4 controller or does it have to be first party?

i couldn't figure out where the GOTG preorder dlc code was and finally found it on the original preorder receipt from gamestop. Didn't realize they would give you the code before you picked up the actual game.

I’ve got a Death Stranding PS4 pro that I bought for $300 two years ago and I wanna keep the controller so can I use a third party PS4 controller or does it have to be first party?
Assuming the third-party controller is wireless, you could give it a try. In general they look for first party when you are trading in a console (everything that originally came in the box, including HDMI cables, and so forth...)

The Death Stranding controller itself goes for between $100 and $175 on eBay depending on condition.

Any way to see open/active preorders on the website? When I look all I see is:

Active Pre-Orders
Online January 27, 2017
Pre-Order
Available: TBD

I just now realized when I picked up Guardians of the Galaxy, that they didnt give me a refund for the trade credit I had put down last week on the game (I had paid $60 last week in full, but decided to cash out some PUR Points today and used $60 in certs to pay for the game). Looking at my receipt, the cashier just rang up the game, and didn't process my preorder. So essentially I SHOULD still have a preorder for Guardians of the Galaxy open, and fully paid off with trade credit.

If you desperately need joy cons, but I wouldn't buy used joy cons as gamestop does very little to check them and they are prone to drift.
I've heard tons of people just get them from Gamestop and send them to Nintendo and essentially get back like new ones so $20 for like new joy-cons isn't a bad deal from what I can tell.

Is it just pro? I have a slim
I manage to get $215 on their last trade bump. It was crazy because I was expecting it for $175 when I saw their console value with the bump. Glad it was that price as I manage to hit even when I bought it as a bundle. If you want to know the bump, I think your best bet is to call them and see if they have a promo on it.

It has one on and it is still noticeable. I'm going to try my luck this weekend.
I traded in a lite that has a pretty noticeable deep scratch in the screen, but only at certain angles. I thought he would refurb or deny, but he took it at full value, I think he was distracted telling me what I had to buy at the time for the "right" to purchase a switch from them. He first told me I had to buy a game and then I guess thought better of it and was trying to push a warranty instead of the game. this was earlier in the year before the OLED was a thing and when Switches were more scarce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back