2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
These trade promos have been so good lately I'm starting to get skeptical like Gamestop has some devious plan to buy up all the video games in the world
Holidays are coming, people will want games for gifts in December and in January people will want to spend holiday gift cards and tax refunds.

I know gift cards cannot be bought with credit anymore except a select few. Does anyone know if Apple cards are one of those that can be bought with credit?

Not doubting you, but is this a guaranteed thing? Just don't want to have to rope a friend in to trade in Animal Crossing
Not guaranteed, but there have definitely been reports of people getting trade banned for boomerang flips. It's becoming more common lately, which indicates that there may be some kind of mechanism in place.

Not doubting you, but is this a guaranteed thing? Just don't want to have to rope a friend in to trade in Animal Crossing
If you’re using the same account you bought the game with for a trade in things are tied together and the detectives are flagging things like this. It’s why people have been getting trade banned for it. If you didn’t do that you should be good.

Total newbie question. Just got pro and my first email coupon. The fella in the store said he uses his for $5 eshop each month, but I'm guessing that's only in store and not online?

It happened to me in September. And it was my account that got banned as well as not being able to trade and I’ve never been trade banned before this instance before.

Total newbie question. Just got pro and my first email coupon. The fella in the store said he uses his for $5 eshop each month, but I'm guessing that's only in store and not online?
Yes, in store only. They don't have $5 cards on the shelf, so you have ask for them to print you a code from the register

How and when is the $5 monthly reward issued? I subbed to Pro a week ago, and haven’t received the monthly reward yet.
In your account, it should be under "Active Offers". But you should have also gotten an email on the first of the month titled "Your Pro $5 Reward Certificate for November is Here". If you used a gmail address, it'll have been sorted to the Promotions folder.

In your account, it should be under "Active Offers". But you should have also gotten an email on the first of the month titled "Your Pro $5 Reward Certificate for November is Here". If you used a gmail address, it'll have been sorted to the Promotions folder.
Wow that’s odd. The only email I’ve received about anything is for the Game Informer subscription. Nothing in my offers either. I guess I’ll need support to sort it out.

Traded in some of the Walmart clearance last night:

Values after all bonuses including pro.

Show 21...27.20

Nioh collection...27.20

Fenyx...19.20

Just Dance 21...12.80

Balan...16.00

Yakuza Like a...16.00

Zero Dawn Complete...9.60

Pathless...19.20

Puyo 2...12.80

Planet Coaster...24.00

Values seem to be holding this morning.

It happened to me in September. And it was my account that got banned as well as not being able to trade and I’ve never been trade banned before this instance before.
How many games did you trade in? I've never done a boomerang either and I'd just be trading in AC in a different store in a few days. Along with others too.

Show 21...27.20
Nioh collection...27.20
Fenyx...19.20
Just Dance 21...12.80
Balan...16.00
Yakuza Like a...16.00
Pathless...19.20
Puyo 2...12.80
Planet Coaster...24.00

Is that the PS4 version of The Show?

How many games did you trade in? I've never done a boomerang either and I'd just be trading in AC in a different store in a few days. Along with others too.
I don’t recall a specific number but I didn’t go over any limits but there is a notation on my account that Essentially I was buying preowned products and trading it back in for personal gain.

Can someone explain the trade in policy on multiple copies . Is it 2 of the exact same title ? And would Immortals for PS5 and Immortals for PS4 be considered the same title?

Show 21...27.20
Nioh collection...27.20
Fenyx...19.20
Just Dance 21...12.80
Balan...16.00
Yakuza Like a...16.00
Pathless...19.20
Puyo 2...12.80
Planet Coaster...24.00

This is why we can’t have nice (cheap) things.

Can someone explain the trade in policy on multiple copies . Is it 2 of the exact same title ? And would Immortals for PS5 and Immortals for PS4 be considered the same title?
a ps4 and ps5 copy in the same trade transaction is fine. you can't have 2 of the same game on the same console ie: 2x ps5

a ps4 and ps5 copy in the same trade transaction is fine. you can't have 2 of the same game on the same console ie: 2x ps5
while generally accurate, i will say this can be YMMV. the in store policy states 1 per game, not 1 per game per system and some stores will be more restrictive.

Thanks I’ll keep this in mind. Mostly concerned with how to avoid a trade ban.
Buying large quantities of games when they go on sale online and flipping back with trade promotions is the most surefire way to get banned. By large I mean let's say 4 copies each of like 15 games.

Buying large quantities of games when they go on sale online and flipping back with trade promotions is the most surefire way to get banned. By large I mean let's say 4 copies each of like 15 games.
Happened to me 2 years ago. I never traded in more than 3 of the same copy in a 30 day period or exceeded the $2k. I did buy a bunch of discounted games and flipped them same day at a different store.

Makes sense. Luckily these are games from the Walmart clearance. I was going to trade about 2 copies each of 4 games. Maybe do 2 separate transactions on 2 separate trips. Doesn’t seem too crazy to me lol

The limit is like 4 copies of the same game in 30 or maybe 90 days. Really, trade in what you want. If someone has a problem with you buying and selling to Gamestop, that's their problem.
I mean, sure, but we know that once your account is terminated, that's it--you can't argue to get it back. For the most part, no one here should really be at risk of that happening, but it could still happen.

EDIT:

Hey guys was wondering, do you need a pro account to take advantage of the extra trade in?
No, you just won't get the 10% Pro bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back