2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it has to be all original parts, joy cons included, or it’s no deal
There is some kind of "other" selection they can make when taking it in - they were talking about how to take mine in with the yellow and purple set a couple of weeks ago and said something to that effect. YMMV of course.

Does anyone know if the system will automatically flag you if you traded in a fourth copy within their rolling period?  Like, would it have prevented you from only trading in the fifth copy in but allow the other games?

Does anyone know if the system will automatically flag you if you traded in a fourth copy within their rolling period? Like, would it have prevented you from only trading in the fifth copy in but allow the other games?
no, it lets you trade in as many as you want then hits you with a ban afterwards.

My small spoils to the tune of $280 in trade credit for a bunch of Switch games we never paid more than $40 for (so almost 1:1 in trade) and never played more than once or twice is good enough for me. Did trade in a copy of Cyberpunk I had never even opened from the $10 BB deal and got $19-ish for, so that was poetic justice IMO. I should have ordered 3 of them for the steelbooks and made $27. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be on sale again soon.

WTF do you guys even use this credit on? Target always has a better deal on games thanks to Red Card and I was already sitting on like $320 from the X1X trade-in promo lol.

My small spoils to the tune of $280 in trade credit for a bunch of Switch games we never paid more than $40 for (so almost 1:1 in trade) and never played more than once or twice is good enough for me. Did trade in a copy of Cyberpunk I had never even opened from the $10 BB deal and got $19-ish for, so that was poetic justice IMO. I should have ordered 3 of them for the steelbooks and made $27. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be on sale again soon.
WTF do you guys even use this credit on? Target always has a better deal on games thanks to Red Card and I was already sitting on like $320 from the X1X trade-in promo lol.
I'm saving and trying to get a Series X from there. Also, the Black Friday B2G1 sale that they almost always run

If there's a new release I really have to have I usually will just grab it there with credit. You can also buy Xbox currency that works at the Microsoft store if you need something from there. GameStop's website also sells TVs, gaming laptops, monitors, etc. Currently planning on getting a new laptop myself.

Sit on credit until b2g1 (or b1g1) hits on thanksgiving.
Convert credit to steam wallet to buy a $400 steam deck.
Buy digital currency and/or games you want to play. Saving 5% on a target purchase with cash is much worse than using gs tc, which i've paid for at 50% or lower with $'s.

If there's a new release I really have to have I usually will just grab it there with credit. You can also buy Xbox currency that works at the Microsoft store if you need something from there. GameStop's website also sells TVs, gaming laptops, monitors, etc. Currently planning on getting a new laptop myself.
I have a few laptops from past jobs that never asked for them back; don't use them heh. And boy do I know they sell MS credit as I'm sitting on like $400 worth from gifts and the $5 monthly GS reward lol.

Sit on credit until b2g1 (or b1g1) hits on thanksgiving.
Convert credit to steam wallet to buy a $400 steam deck.
Buy digital currency and/or games you want to play. Saving 5% on a target purchase with cash is much worse than using gs tc, which i've paid for at 50% or lower with $'s.
Think the last time I opened Steam was to play the final patch of Terraria heh. Steam deck for me would get as much use as the Switch which is nada. Maybe I'll just use the credit as Christmas gift cards to friends. :whistle2:k

Does anyone know if the system will automatically flag you if you traded in a fourth copy within their rolling period?  Like, would it have prevented you from only trading in the fifth copy in but allow the other games?
If you're going to be a power trader then you need to be smart about it. I was banned once on an account in all of the years I've been trading and that was because I was being too reckless. I've been flipping games since 1996 with Funcoland, Electronics Boutique, etc. I've flipped thousands of games across hundreds of different stores and like I said, I was only banned once on an account that used my uncle's information. The best thing you can do is have multiple accounts over different phone numbers, keep spreadsheets, and mix your stores around so the employees don't get used to you. Also know the auto limits. You can get banned either by employees or automatically flagged by the system. I treat flipping as a full time job so this is serious for me. If you live a few hours from another state you also need to know the local areas laws on IDs and trade ins.

You need to know what is popular and then sell that on sites like Marketplace and Offerup. I have been buying OLED Switches during the normal work hours at out of the way Gamestop stores, Targets, etc. and they sell quickly sometmes for double their price in rich areas. Even used Switches if they are V1 sell for alot right now. Hit up as many Walmarts as your budget can afford, flip the games at GS while the values are still high and during the week when stores get more inventory in buy OLED Switches and then sell them for cash to people online. You've now converted thousands of dollars in credit to thousands of dollars in cash for little work.

You need to know what is popular and then sell that on sites like Marketplace and Offerup. I have been buying OLED Switches during the normal work hours at out of the way Gamestop stores, Targets, etc. and they sell quickly sometmes for double their price in rich areas. Even used Switches if they are V1 sell for alot right now. Hit up as many Walmarts as your budget can afford, flip the games at GS while the values are still high and during the week when stores get more inventory in buy OLED Switches and then sell them for cash to people online. You've now converted thousands of dollars in credit to thousands of dollars in cash for little work.
You must be somewhere crazy that you can get $700 for an oled switch. I see a ton of them going for around $400 near me.

If you're going to be a power trader then you need to be smart about it. I was banned once on an account in all of the years I've been trading and that was because I was being too reckless. I've been flipping games since 1996 with Funcoland, Electronics Boutique, etc. I've flipped thousands of games across hundreds of different stores and like I said, I was only banned once on an account that used my uncle's information. The best thing you can do is have multiple accounts over different phone numbers, keep spreadsheets, and mix your stores around so the employees don't get used to you. Also know the auto limits. You can get banned either by employees or automatically flagged by the system. I treat flipping as a full time job so this is serious for me. If you live a few hours from another state you also need to know the local areas laws on IDs and trade ins.
This is too rational an approach. People on this thread can’t even be bothered to call a store to check the trade value for something that doesn’t show up on the site. But they will also call you out because it’s “not worth their time” for $5 profit on a game you flip.

Keep doing you.

:whistle2: As I was typing this, someone just asked again about trade values. JFC.

I feel like I'm slacking having only traded in once this 50% week. Dreams of "Power Trading" smashed!  :cold:

All my local GS have like 5-10 units of the new Dialga and Palkia Edition Switch Lite... probably not selling out until the game releases on the 18th I'd imagine.  :oldman: Box art isn't as nice as the Z&Z to me. 

It's the only way I buy consoles. Save up credit, buy console, and I'm not charged tax if paid in full with credit. If I truly want a game I can't get cheaper elsewhere, just use credit and again, no tax.

Think I spend maybe 1/5th of cash towards credit so I save a good amount.

I know people complain about GameStop, for good reason too, but I save the most money from GameStop due to rewards certs, credit and bonuses. Other stores has some similar incentives but the lack of a good trade in program puts GameStop at the top.

People get real aggressive in here when it comes to "Power Trading" (think I'll use that to describe this too) but back in the day, CAG users were trading in thousands of dollars worth of credit across several accounts. People say "get a job, flipping for $5 credit" when those of us doing this wisely are making enough to buy new consoles full in credit each week and spending a fraction of actual cash on it.

Personally for me, I do the same as you. GameStop flipping isn't a full time thing for me, but it's part of my work. I don't go over trade limits, I don't argue with employees, I know my local stores laws and don't go over card limits.

Been doing it since EB Games with great results. Every console I have is from trade in credit. Most of my games I bought either on clearance at other stores or with trade in credit. I haven't paid for any non-utility subscription in years due to credit merging.

I can understand why some in here would look at these trades and think "why waste the time for $5", but when you are paying $100 for games and getting $500+ in credit for barely a few hours work, you realize just how much you save and spend by doing so. Not even mentioning the amount you get from rewards certificates too if you do volume trades and purchases.

But I get it. It's why it's easier to have discords and social media pages for GameStop trades instead of helping as much in here. Remember posting trades and quick flips back in the day here but the members got very toxic at some point (likely when the trade excels went up) that it isn't worth it. Discord is a much better venue for these things and we certainly are making more than $5 with the information others have.

Why did I get a $10 bonus today? I got $32 credit for RE Village PS4.  Beat it this morning, all the people complaining about it turning into Call Of Duty are only talking about the last 1/2 hour or so of  a 14 hour game. :/

Why did I get a $10 bonus today? I got $32 credit for RE Village PS4. Beat it this morning, all the people complaining about it turning into Call Of Duty are only talking about the last 1/2 hour or so of a 14 hour game. :/
Trade promo for an extra 50% (or 60% if you are a pro member) for games at the moment, hence the extra amount

Cool, saw nothing about that in-store or otherwise, just beat Village this morning and figured dump it before Black Friday.

Does anyone know when the trade-in bonus for Switch ends? Not sure if I wanna do cash or credit (I know bonus is credit only) but just trying to see how much time I have to decide lol

Hey guys - how soon will it take for me to get my 10,000 point sign up bonus, after signing up for the Pro Rewards? I signed up tonight, and don't have anything on my account. Thanks!

Why did I get a $10 bonus today? I got $32 credit for RE Village PS4. Beat it this morning, all the people complaining about it turning into Call Of Duty are only talking about the last 1/2 hour or so of a 14 hour game. :/
Big, dumb, over-the-top battles have been a hallwark of Resident Evil from the very beginning. People who throw out that complaint have no idea what they're talking about.

Hey guys - how soon will it take for me to get my 10,000 point sign up bonus, after signing up for the Pro Rewards? I signed up tonight, and don't have anything on my account. Thanks!
it's been quick(within 24 hours most times), but it can take up to 72 hours.

Big, dumb, over-the-top battles have been a hallwark of Resident Evil from the very beginning. People who throw out that complaint have no idea what they're talking about.
No, not really. RE def became more action oriented over time with Village being more toned down than RE 5 and 6. I don't see a problem with it either, there is a narrative reason why Chris' portion of the story is more over the top and action oriented anyway.

t

Has anyone confirmed if the 50% bonus on games is good through today? My local GameStop employee said it was yesterday, but he also had no idea about the deal until I mentioned it, so I’m skeptical at best. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back