2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got some more trade bait for cheap off the Facebook Marketplace and snagged Metroid Dread, Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, and Streets of Rage 4 (Switch) for like $4.  Made like 40% return on investment.

Pretty good deals.

Havent seen this many people excited for a measly B2G1 since... well never. Literally all these games will be the same price or cheaper in a week brand new.

Also saw multiple people here say the B2G1 new was going on for another week, so that was a nice bit of fake news.

Is outerworlds normally this price range or closer to $40-60?
It retails at $30. Again, you're not getting a deal there.

I'll roll the dice on a Sword + Expansion and a Shield + Expansion & report back, lol. I threw in a Pokemon Platinum for a guaranteed frustrating experience.
Just to report back, I was pleasantly surprised that I got legit copies of everything. Sword + Expansion & Shield + Expansion were in their cases, Platinum wasn't (but I'm not complaining here).

Havent seen this many people excited for a measly B2G1 since... well never. Literally all these games will be the same price or cheaper in a week brand new.

Also saw multiple people here say the B2G1 new was going on for another week, so that was a nice bit of fake news.

you are the same guy that will be back here complaining about how bad the black friday deals are and how the prices were better during the buy2 get1 sale. deathloop and judgement for ps5 less than $15 brand new in a week? if you are smart it is easy to find games that won't be close to this price on black friday.

Good until 11/21

Untitled.jpg

Would it not make sense to make as many account as possible. signup for 10 acct and get $50 (10x$5) PUR Certs monthly to buy digital currencies /free game.

I traded in a pile of games and some joycons and got the 50% bonus on everything. Asked about the b2g1 and they told me it ended in store yesterday but was still working online. Was anyone able to get b2g1 in store today?

I traded in a pile of games and some joycons and got the 50% bonus on everything. Asked about the b2g1 and they told me it ended in store yesterday but was still working online. Was anyone able to get b2g1 in store today?
I was able to stop at one store today and the b2g1 on preowned worked in store.

B2G1 New games ended November 13th. B2G1 Used games runs through this week (online and in store).

And to Mr. Poo-Poo above, some of us are getting games at both low prices (see a few Japanese titles, like 13 Sentinels @$19!) and B2G1. More so, the leaks have already been pretty bad. I doubt if I'll find Tales of Arise, Lost Judgement, and SMTV Steelbook for $32 after trade in deals.

I half agree with you that it’s not always an amazing deal. I went for games that are not available new and were a better deal than what is on eBay.

Traded in an Animal Crossing spare. Got Persona 5 Strikers (NSW), XIII Remastered (XSX) and Sackboys Big Adventure (PS5).

Was going to get 13 Sentinels but didn’t know if I’d like it.

On my initial B2G1 run, I found a copy of Turtles in Manhattan full in box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traded in an Animal Crossing spare. Got Persona 5 Strikers (NSW), XIII Remastered (XSX) and Sackboys Big Adventure (PS5).

Snagged

Deathloop
Persona strikers switch
Luigis mansion 3ds

And some penny games including stuntman Ignition motorstorm and Sid Meyers Civ Rev all ps3.

Also picked up mass effect andromeda for .99 and it came with the steel book.

What we really want to know in is if a 7th copy of Animal Crossing spare was traded in. Holding my breath in anticipation.

What the fuck

Can anybody give me the lowdown on digital certificates? I know the online ones rarely if ever work, but are the in-store ones reliable?

Has anyone had success trading in Wii Remotes that could share the SKU from their receipt? My favorite staff has disbanded and 2 boneheads were working tonight that were barely able to figure out how to take Xbox Series controllers and Joy-Cons in trade (the keyholder had to ask the GA to confirm that they are called Joy-Cons), and couldn't find Wii Remotes in the POS. Also wouldn't take a white 360 controller because the computer only had black listed (because they never used to track the colors).

I only care if they are selling them standalone.
You do realize that bundles discourage scalpers correct? Meaning, it's easier for people that actually want to keep it to purchase. I see plenty of the games they come with on sale on offerup. You could go that same route. Buy the bundle(you'll have the system you want finally)then sell the stuff you don't want in the bundle. Or don't get the bundle from GS and try your luck at BB, Target or Walmart instead.

Black Friday 2022 bundle I'd probably wait in line for and get mugged shortly after.

Switch Pro Zelda Edition 

Breath of the Wild 2 Master Edition

Breath of the Wild 2 Joycons

Breath of the Wild 2 Pro Controller

8 pack Champions Amiibo

Zelda Amiibo

Link Amiibo

Terrako Amiibo

MSRP: $1000!

Dumb question:  we no longer get points for trade-ins, right?

I didn't think we did, and my account doesn't show any, but every single employee at 3 different Gamestop stores said that points were earned from trade-ins.

Dumb question: we no longer get points for trade-ins, right?

I didn't think we did, and my account doesn't show any, but every single employee at 3 different Gamestop stores said that points were earned from trade-ins.
you get points for trade in. Points should pop up in your Rewards Activity tab the next day on your account

The last (and first) time post-launch that GS promoted Series X in-stores, it wasn't bundles, so I'm hoping for the same for Thanksgiving.

You do realize that bundles discourage scalpers correct? Meaning, it's easier for people that actually want to keep it to purchase. I see plenty of the games they come with on sale on offerup. You could go that same route. Buy the bundle(you'll have the system you want finally)then sell the stuff you don't want in the bundle. Or don't get the bundle from GS and try your luck at BB, Target or Walmart instead.
That makes sense for online (even if I don't actually think that's the reason) but in person, you could easily just limit the number of PS5s sold per person. I'm just saying there's a reason a full-price GameStop gift card is part of these bundles.

I think it's gross they plan to be open on Thanksgiving, but that's me.
If it’s just you, why would you say it here? For affirmation? Call me old school, but the business is scheduled to be open, trying to remain competitive on a holiday that traditionally has seen businesses open every single year. It’s part of the job… I never really joined the “let’s be sensitive” tribe, especially when it just comes off lazy.

It's pretty laughable though that in the first few years of stores opening on Thanksgiving, Gamestop was like "Out of consideration of our employees and their families, we will be closed on TG" where as now they're like, SCREW THAT LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back