2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded in a bunch of stuff on Friday, and I signed up for Pro at the same time. Looking at my account online, shouldn't I have rewards for the trade ins? All I have is are two $5 certs, one for online and one for in-store.

Also, is there any chance they would give me credit for the $9.99 Pro promotion they just started? Not sure how lenient GS is with this kind of thing.

Another question about selling games -- why on earth are people on eBay paying upwards of $150 for Metroid Prime Trilogy when GS sells it for $50?
Because it's rarely in stock. Same goes for Godzilla PS4, Devil's Third, Blue Reflection etc..

I mean couldn’t I just make the purchase without using my pro account and use cash?
I’ll level with the cashier and see if he’s comfortable enough to let me do that.
bring someone with you, ask they come in 5-10 minutes after you trade it in, and see if they can buy it then

Anybody confirm that SMTV was supposed to get gamecoin? Need to call GS if so.
Yes, but you don't need to call yet. The offer is for any purchases of SMT V made within the first week of release, and past GameCoins either didn't appear until 8 days after release or never appeared at all. I would suggest calling if no GameCoin appears in your Active Offers by this Saturday.

Yes, but you don't need to call yet. The offer is for any purchases of SMT V made within the first week of release, and past GameCoins either didn't appear until 8 days after release or never appeared at all. I would suggest calling if no GameCoin appears in your Active Offers by this Saturday.
You da man. Appreciate it.

Is it $5 off again? I know the original promo from a month ago ended

Good until 11/21

Untitled.jpg

What do people use for cash back sites? I've been using topcashback for a while, but nearly all of my orders over the last 4 months or so have been a bust. They didn't track, and then claims were denied because "they weren't deemed to be the last referral".

I used to have no problem leaving my account signed in in a browser, and I would just deactivate my ad blocker and activate the cash back link before proceeding to checkout. Now that doesn't work. I've resorted to clearing out cookies and cache every time before going to the site now, and I've placed orders in 3 different browsers. They're still not tracking automatically, but I'll have to wait for another month or so to see if the claims I've filed are also rejected. Just a pain in the ass for something that should be straight forward.

Sorry if this is old news but my store wouldn’t let me trade in a Wii remote with motion plus because it wasn’t a regular Wii remote? The trade listing just says Wii remote assortment, and gives $10. I asked why this controller, which is technically better than the value, couldn’t fall under the assortment banner, and they just said they don’t have it.

I didn’t want to pry more and be rude, is this just a normal thing now? I assumed they’d take it as a regular Wii remote. I don’t understand, they’re getting something with a higher value at a lower cost?

What do people use for cash back sites?
I always just click through rakuten. It's a small % but they usually track even after paying with tc. And they do mail me physical $10-20 checks now and then. Beyond that i dont consider it worth the time spent hassling with cb.

What the fuck

Can anybody give me the lowdown on digital certificates? I know the online ones rarely if ever work, but are the in-store ones reliable?
Have had no numbers using online certs this year. I've redeemed four separate times. Last year, redeemed twice, one worked and the second I had to contact them to get the points back.

What do people use for cash back sites? I've been using topcashback for a while, but nearly all of my orders over the last 4 months or so have been a bust. They didn't track, and then claims were denied because "they weren't deemed to be the last referral".

I used to have no problem leaving my account signed in in a browser, and I would just deactivate my ad blocker and activate the cash back link before proceeding to checkout. Now that doesn't work. I've resorted to clearing out cookies and cache every time before going to the site now, and I've placed orders in 3 different browsers. They're still not tracking automatically, but I'll have to wait for another month or so to see if the claims I've filed are also rejected. Just a pain in the ass for something that should be straight forward.
I had been using Rakuten but they don't track most of my purchases anymore and many stores exclude video games from cash back. It's not worth the hassle for most purchases anymore

Glad to see I'm not alone in troubles with TopCashBack. I bought the Elite 2 controller from Gamestop, and an LCD monitor from Lenovo (two high priced items), and they denied me both. After filing Cashback Claims and they rejected both, I told them I would go to Rakuten, and that's what I did.

Haven't had any problems to Rakuten. Seems like I get most cashback automatically, whereas TopCashBack would have waffled and left me in limbo wondering.

Not sure if this matters but,

50% is good until 11/21

B2G1 is good until 11/24

Take advantage now while you can.
Unfortunately even with the price increases on the b2g1 games the trade value is still nuked so I'm not seeing any good boomerangs. Might just have to sell some stuff on ebay and pay the tax.

I've been having the exact same problem with topcashback and gamestop. I used retailmenot instead since they were offering 10% (and even 20% for a day a couple of weeks ago). I haven't got tracking for any of those orders as well, I chatted with support and they will honor all of rebates I did with gamestop.

Still, after this, I think I'm just gonna stick with Rakuten since it's less of a hassle and they offered 15% back last Black Friday.

Unfortunately even with the price increases on the b2g1 games the trade value is still nuked so I'm not seeing any good boomerangs. Might just have to sell some stuff on ebay and pay the tax.
Thats why you hold on to those games until the time is right. especially nintendo games.

I use Rakuten, Swagbucks and Befrugal. Rakuten is usually the most accurate but not always. It seems like they work maybe 75% of the time. The ones that don't usually won't look into it until like 30 days have passed and by then, I seem to forget about it so I definitely have money owed to me I'll never get. The biggest one was $10 with your first purchase at Befrugal. I bought the Cyberpunk 2077 edition Xbox One X at Gamestop but I never got the money and Befrugal says Gamestop never verified my purchase despite me emailing them a receipt. I contacted Gamestop and was told they can't be held accountable for 3rd party cash back sites. I dropped it because I am way ahead with all the mistakes GS makes and the points they give me so I didn't care about the $10. If anyone here knows a better and more reliable cash back place, let me know.

Was the Premium Edition eligible or just the regular Steelbook? All the marketing I saw with GS just said Steelbook Edition.

Thanksgiving is just another day. It’s one of, if not the, biggest business day of the year. I love the people who get sensitive because other sensitives instantly back you up. Must be a rough life to ignore that money controls everything - including you guys here hunting for deals. Every dollar counts, but not if it means you have to work on the busiest day of the year? Weird
You're not thinking about the stupidity of HOW having retail stores open on Thanksgiving happened. Several years ago a couple of major stores decided it would be a good idea to get a leg up on the competition and open Thanksgiving evening. Then EVERYBODY else said "me too!". Now retailer's are probably not making much than they did before switching over to Thursday but sooooo many employees are now screwed out of a potential day with family/friends. FOR NO GOOD REASON. Same profit (I imagine). I wish they would just make it Black Wednesday at this point.

From what I have seen so far is that Far cry 6 is the only one that makes you profit. its currently sitting at 75 for all 3 versions. The trade in value for it is 23 and with the 50% it goes up to 110 not big but enough to get you started.

In typical GameStop fashion they sent one of my B2G1 games to the totally wrong city and it was delivered.  Now it's out of stock and they say they can't send a replacement.  Man Gamestop is so incompetent, this isn't the first time they've done this.

I received an Xbox 360 game from Gamestop today and it came with both a case/cover art AND a manual

Having just received something like 8 disc-only Xbox 360 games in the past ~week, I just thought everyone should know it really is possible

I mean couldn’t I just make the purchase without using my pro account and use cash?
I’ll level with the cashier and see if he’s comfortable enough to let me do that.
just reporting that I was able to trade in the controller and buy it back for 10$ making 30$ profit and keeping my controller lol

Gotta love getting the new employees to confirm the scratches and stains on the Cyberpunk controllers are supposed to be there and not worthy of a refurb fee!  :oldman:

I received an Xbox 360 game from Gamestop today and it came with both a case/cover art AND a manual

Having just received something like 8 disc-only Xbox 360 games in the past ~week, I just thought everyone should know it really is possible
My copy of X-men Origins Wolverine for Xbox 360 that I received today was better than some "new" gutted games GS has tried to give me in the past.

just reporting that I was able to trade in the controller and buy it back for 10$ making 30$ profit and keeping my controller lol
I have that same controller. It would be weird if I tried that and they said no. The website has it for $9.99 but I am sure they could tell me they can't honor the online price or something.

I have that same controller. It would be weird if I tried that and they said no. The website has it for $9.99 but I am sure they could tell me they can't honor the online price or something.
yeah they could easily say price matching is for instock items only but you might be able to order your controller online from that same store the next day with in store pickup

yeah they could easily say price matching is for instock items only but you might be able to order your controller online from that same store the next day with in store pickup
Or an employee buys it right when they get off work or has their friend come in and buy it. Seems like this is an extremely rare thing. I'm almost tempted to call on the phone before I drive down there and ask them if I can do it.

Or an employee buys it right when they get off work or has their friend come in and buy it. Seems like this is an extremely rare thing. I'm almost tempted to call on the phone before I drive down there and ask them if I can do it.
Why don’t you just bring a friend and pretend you don’t know each other.

“Oh sweet! I’ve been looking for one of those!”

“What the fuck? It’s only $10? I want to buy it back!”

Then get into a fistfight in the store.

The employees I've been encountering for online returns are now actually looking up the online order numbers. I wonder if this is a nation-wide thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back