2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the packing slip show the price for the game? If it does, you can return it.
So as long as it was a "full price game" I could return them??? That would mean I could keep the "free" game? That seems unlikely. I know with Target they take 33% off each game so if you want to return one you don't have to return the entire "bundle"...

Got 5 of my 6 games from my Sunday used B2G1F online order, all games came with original case (all 5 were PS5 games.) My XBox copy of Scarlet Nexus is stuck in "LSO awaiting package from shipper" hell.

So as long as it was a "full price game" I could return them??? That would mean I could keep the "free" game? That seems unlikely. I know with Target they take 33% off each game so if you want to return one you don't have to return the entire "bundle"...
If the games arrives separately, the store has no way of knowing if it was part of the B2G1 sale. So, say you two games that you paid for came in one order and the free game came in another order, then you could theoretically return the two you paid for and keep the free game.

If the games arrives separately, the store has no way of knowing if it was part of the B2G1 sale. So, say you two games that you paid for came in one order and the free game came in another order, then you could theoretically return the two you paid for and keep the free game.
This is no longer true, they can look up your online orders now.

Ordered smt5 and blue reflection 2 (x2) since I had $30 credit  and 30 per copy out of pocket is a steal for new games. Couldn't find anything to pair with those 2 that I wanted so I got a second copy of blue reflection as filler.  

Went back to the same GameStop that rejected my Wii remote for having motion plus and got a different sales rep, they took it in for $16 lol.

as the other user pointed out, this is not true. they can easily look up your entire online order history and see how it was purchased.

I can't remember where I read it, but isn't there a "Buy 100 get 20" deal going on? Anyone know the terms and conditions?
PowerUp members Save $5 Instantly and Receive $20 Worth of Coupons when you spend $100 in qualifying purchases between 11/16/20 – 11/19/20. $100 spend is NET any discount applied to transactions. Not valid on POSA, Gift Cards, New Hardware Purchases (pre-owned HW is eligible) and Pre-orders. Coupon is delivered via active offers 7 – 14 days post transaction. Coupon valid from 12/1/21 – 1/31/22. Limit one coupon per transaction. Terms subject to change.
Posted yesterday. I don't think anyone's confirmed it yet though. And it won't show up for 7-14 days

I know this has been asked before but does Gamestop accept Elite Series 1? I have a Series 1 and I wanted to trade it in but can't find it in the trade page. I have the normal Series 1 Elite with a case and most of the sticks.

Edit: I can see that they do accept the Gears of War edition of the Series 1 controller but not sure about the normal one.

Probably because they have an abysmal service record on breaking?

You could try, but I've not bought one because I hear too many complaints for a $150+ gamepad.

CoD Vanguard is $48 tic for the PS4 with pro. Small gains if you get it in store from a B2G1 at Target (and don't want to return).

All three new games came sealed. Of course they were all October 2021 releases. The packing slip only shows one game at $29.99 with tax $49.03 total $79.02. I checked the ship to name and it's not me. LOL. It's a GameStop miracle again!

Most orders came fine with complete cases but I got one where I received Person 5 instead of Persona 5 Strikers and Deathloop with a huge gash on the cover. No packing slip too means it's much more annoying to switch out the cover...uhhh.

Most orders came fine with complete cases but I got one where I received Person 5 instead of Persona 5 Strikers and Deathloop with a huge gash on the cover. No packing slip too means it's much more annoying to switch out the cover...uhhh.
Did you check the shipping label for the packing slip? Sometimes they print it on the back of the label.

Got Miles Morales, Deathloop and Demon Souls. Demon Souls came in a generic case :/  but at least it has the original art so i can replace the case. Miles Morales is the Ultimate Edition and has an unused code for Spider-Man Remastered so that was a win.

Say what you want about Gamestop, but at least they ship their stuff out fast (at least from my experiences). The stuff I ordered today already shipped out, meanwhile, I'm still waiting on orders from Target I placed last week to ship out.

Say what you want about Gamestop, but at least they ship their stuff out fast (at least from my experiences). The stuff I ordered today already shipped out, meanwhile, I'm still waiting on orders from Target I placed last week to ship out.
While they have been good to me lately with shipping just know that an item shipped by them just means the label was created.

I've had things take a week to get to me that shipped from an hour (sometimes less) away. It usually takes me at least a week to get anything from any further than an hour away. I'd describe GS shipping as anything but fast. They are better than Target, I'll give you that, but that isn't a high bar. I'd rate Target below Walmart as a retailer.

While they have been good to me lately with shipping just know that an item shipped by them just means the label was created.
I understand that, but from my experience, they are quick to get sent out. I got emails late in the day, so it will probably move forward tomorrow. Still better than Target in that regard.

I understand that, but from my experience, they are quick to get sent out. I got emails late in the day, so it will probably move forward tomorrow. Still better than Target in that regard.
I ordered games last Wednesday. Got an email Thursday. They actually shipped yesterday. Granting that Thursday was a holiday, though not for GS or FedEx, that still sucks.

I've received 9 of the games I ordered so far and 3 of the PS4 games are in generic cases and 2 of the Switch games were cart-only in paper sleeves, ugh.
I suppose I can understand getting rid of the cases for Switch games if you use a travel case or something but I'm pretty disappointed that the 2 somewhat-rare PS4 games I ordered (Teslagrad & Adam's Venture Origins) came disc-only.

On the plus side, the PS4 copy of Persona 5 Strikers I received came with an unused DLC voucher so that was a nice bonus.

It looks like the rest of my order(s) should be here tomorrow so I can return/exchange all the incomplete stuff at a local GS on Friday before the sale ends.
Looks like adams venture is only $2 bucks on PS Store anyways, so not too bad of a loss.

[attachment=36355:12DF39F8-8774-47B9-8E1F-356F38EE3B96.jpeg]

Decent luck with next delivery of b2g1. One new game(poison control) came opened, but other 2 came sealed. One preowned game(kingdom come deliverance royal edition) came in original box. Hoping that the streak continues for 8 remaining games 

ended up trading two wii remotes, and a old joycon i got at launch. they would not take my other wii remote with motionplus in it. I was ok with it, I preordered pokemon pearl digitally for me and my girls switch. So I cant be to upset.

Some of my buy2get1 games arrived Thursday today, the 2 demon souls barely looked played. One of them had that circular sticky residue on the outside the P55 case, it might've been new to used conversion.

Any idea if you have to trade the original controller with a console? I have an OG Xbox One that I want to trade but I traded the controller that came with it long ago. I still have a few other Xbox One controllers though (not black) that I could trade with the console if it makes that much of a difference.

Any idea if you have to trade the original controller with a console? I have an OG Xbox One that I want to trade but I traded the controller that came with it long ago. I still have a few other Xbox One controllers though (not black) that I could trade with the console if it makes that much of a difference.
Just has to be a fully functioning Microsoft Xbox controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back